Pack & go: Spicy BBQ meatballs with a pasta salad
SPICY BBQ MEATBALLS WITH A PASTA SALAD
• 800 grams Choice Meats mince meat (Halal)
• 4 spicy Farmer’s Choice beef sausages
• Chopped coriander
• ½ cup breadcrumbs
• 1 egg
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1 onion
• Black pepper and salt
For The Bbq Sauce
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• ½ cup ketchup
• Worcestershire sauce
For The Pasta
• 1 pack coloured pasta
• 1 can sweet corn
• ½ cup pitted black/ green olives
• Olive oil
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Peel and chop the onions and garlic then sauté them with olive oil. Set aside to cool. In a bowl, squeeze out the inside contents of the sausages and mix with the mince meat. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Season with peppers and salt to taste.
3. Form little balls and place on a greased baking tray. Grill for 15 minutes.
4. Heat ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce in a saucepan for 5 mins.
5. Remove the meatballs from the oven and smear the bbq sauce on top. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Boil water and pasta to cook until al dente. Once ready, run the pasta under cold water until it cools. Put pasta in a bowl, season with salt and a drizzle of olive oil and add olives and sweet corn. Mix well, pack to serve with meatballs.