Grilled Cheese and Watermelon Mojito
GRILLED CHEESE WITH BEER-INFUSED WHITE SAUCE
Everyone loves a grilled cheese sandwich but it needs to be DONE RIGHT. This is the DEFACTO hangover cure.
• 1/4 Cup Beer
• 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
• 1/2 tsp Garlic
• 100g Butter
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• 2 tbsp Flour
• 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
• 1-2 cups Milk, depending on the thickness
1. Melt the butter, garlic, chilli flakes, salt and pepper in a pan.
2. Slowly add the flour and whisk it in.
3. Add the beer and simmer for 1 minute.
4. Add milk slowly and stir continuously.
5. Make your grilled cheese toast in a pan with butter on each side. You can use either white or brown bread.
6. Finally, drizzle the white sauce and sprinkle cayenne pepper and garnish with spring onions.
This is just to make you feel better after indulging in a grilled cheese sandwich. Tell yourself and your friends that you ‘ate a salad’. But if you have to eat a salad make sure it’s BADASS:
• 1tbsp Fresh lemon juice
• 2 tbsp Olive Oil
• 1 tbsp Sugar
• Salt to taste
• Mint Leaves
• 1/4 tsp Cardamom
1. Mix together oil, lemon, sugar, salt and cardamom.
2. Pour over chopped watermelon and add fresh mint leaves.
3. Let it marinate for 5 minutes. Serve as you wish!