Some things for you to consider:
• We take pride in being a mission-driven, for-profit company and believe this provides our teachers and students with more resources and flexibility.
• Fusion teachers are paid hourly and can enjoy the perks of filling their own schedules through creative courses, teaching students over multiple years, and partnering with other teachers to provide crosscurricular opportunities.
• You only have one student to teach at a time and need to be comfortable in that setting. No need for large classroom management techniques!
• Our students have unique life experiences and you must work to meet their academic, social, and emotional needs. Sometimes this can be challenging, but we provide support and resources for you to gain new skills and knowledge.
• Teachers receive paid planning time and paid holidays, and there is an annual year-end bonus plan.
• We hire both part-time and full-time teachers. Please be clear with your hiring manager about your desired status short and long term. While this status is not guaranteed, it helps us to set solid expectations.
• We stay closely in touch with our parents and provide daily updates, track goals, and use a learning management system to provide transparency into student learning, so there is some computer and administrative time associated with your teaching.
• Teaching schedules and pay will fluctuate with student enrollment. Our summers tend to be less busy and enrollment will fluctuate at other times of the year as well. We do our best to meet your scheduling needs while also supporting our students’ schedules – but your work schedule will change (sometimes often) as student needs change.
The BEST thing about being a Fusion teacher is being part of radical transformation and personal growth that can be LIFE CHANGING for our students and their families. You can see students change in real time and see your part in their development journey.
• A close mentoring relationship with a small group of students who you motivate and teach in a one-to-one setting.
• An “edu-preneurial” mindset that allows you to influence your teaching schedule and income through creativity, relationships, and cross-curricular partnerships.
• The ability to customize each lesson to meet the needs and interests of your student. We are creative in the ways we teach and assess our students.
• An array of teaching resources (including planning time and a nationwide network of teachers and course materials) to meet your students’ needs without taking out your own debit card.
• Being part of a dynamic, growing national educational company fueled by professional development provided through a myriad of opportunities, including a Leadership Development Program.
• Skills mastery and adjustable pacing – once the concept or skill is mastered, you move along. No need to wait on all students to “get it.”
• Innovative cross-curricular collaboration that is possible with art and professional music studios on each Fusion campus.
• The ability to move and still work for Fusion if you are in good-standing. We have over 80 campuses in cities all over the U.S., and we value geographic mobility.
Working in our schools is exhilarating, engaging, challenging, competitive, and supportive... all while collaborating with great people and doing what you love!
You will love being a Fusion teacher if you value: