Page 7

NEW YORK DIVISION BULLETIN - AUGUST, 2008

BROOKLYN TROLLEY DEPOTS (PART OF AN OCCASIONAL SERIES)

Fresh Pond elevated inspection shop ca. 1910. Bernard Linder collection

Fresh Pond elevated inspection shop ca. 1910, looking west. Bernard Linder collection

Fresh Pond Yard, September 25, 1950. Bernard Linder photograph

Looking east on Lutheran Line at Fresh Pond Road. Fresh Pond Inspection Shop (ca. 1904) is on left side of picture. It was converted to a trolley car inspection shop in 1917. Bernard Linder photograph

Fresh Pond Depot, September 25, 1950. This depot was closed after the Richmond Hill trolley was replaced by buses on April 26, 1950. The building was razed, and a new bus depot was built and opened July 27, 1960. Bernard Linder photograph

Crosstown Depot, Manhattan Avenue and Box Street. Bernard Linder collection

7

The ERA Bulletin 2008-08  
The ERA Bulletin 2008-08  
Advertisement