RIGGING INSTRUCTIONS 2011 GAASTRA VAPOR
Please follow the steps of this instruction to avoid possible damage to battens and cambers due fatigue caused by overbending. Check www.gaastra.com/sails/2011/slalom-race/vapor for exact specs.
1. Unroll the sail and open the zippers in the mastsleeve if closed.
2. Insert mast in mastsleeve passing over the cambers, ignore them at the moment. Push it up into the sleeve from the bottom until it goes up easily, after move to the boom cutout and finish the operation from here as it is much easier and does not damage the front seam of the mastsleeve.
3. Check if the tip plug is correctly inserted in mast top.
4. Set extension accordingly on specs printed on sail and downhaul until mast appears in boom cutout (~80% downhaul). Tip: Set the extension to 2-3cm less for extreme “close the gap” (flatwater)
7. Tips: In case of Camber problems: Use technique, not power!!!
7. Pop cambers onto the mast. Start with the top one and moving down.
Don’t apply excessive force as you may damage the sail. 6. Release downhaul to about ~60% in order to easily pop the cambers onto the mast.
8. Fully downhaul (100%) the sail to the specs.
See following Option #A & #B!
8. Fully outhaul (100%) the sail.
5. Set boom according to specs and attach it. Outhaul sail ~80%. We setup the clew with a pulley and an eyelet, the pulley being in the favoured position for each size, the eyelet allowing for additional tuning. Top Clew: more Grunt (light- and normal wind setup) Bottom Clew: more open, more flex (strong wind setup)
7. Option #A: Go with one hand inside the sleeve and pull the Camber on.
9. Close the Inset Clew system.
7. Option #B: With one hand push down the sail on the corresponding batten, with the other pop up the camber on the mast from under the sail.
10. Check again that cambers stay 90° to the mast, as some time they may slip.
I. Remove the Spacer at the camber. This will make the camber pop on more easy, and the sail rotation will improve. II. Just release another little bit the downhaul (~40%) and if necessary also some outhaul (~70%). III. For the bottom camber the easiest way is to go with one hand inside the zipper. Pls note that the first few times this operation is harder with the brand new sail, after some time it will become way easier.
11. Close the strap at the extension. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL DEALER, IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS!!!
DERIG INSTRUCTIONS 2011 GAASTRA VAPOR
Please follow the steps of this instruction to avoid possible damage to battens and cambers due fatigue caused by overbending.
1. Open the Inset Clew system.
2. Open all zippers.
3. Open the strap.
4. Release some downhaul (~60%).
5. Release outhaul to ~60%. But DO NOT remove the boom, in order to pop the cambers off the mast.
6. Pop cambers off the mast. Start with the top one and moving down.
Donâ€™t apply excessive force as you may damage the sail.
7. Downhaul to ~80% again.
8. Release completely outhaul and remove boom.
9. Release completely downhaul and take mast out of sleeve. Roll the sail and pack your stuff.