Page 1

02 DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED BEFORE STARTING THE PROGRAMME SAD manages all student documents provided to EAE in order to facilitate the completion of each student’s records. In order to complete their record and opt for the dualdegree (if the requirements laid down by UPC are met) it is ESSENTIAL that: A. Before the start of the program student must send 3 digital files with the following documents to doc. .

Here you have a private company with special conditions for EAE students: • Any diplomatic office or Consulate in Spain of the country where you completed your university studies. B.2.STUDENTS WITH A DIPLOMA FROM OVERSEAS UNIVERSITIES


• Original university degree (or a certified copy).


• Original official transcript (or a certified copy).

3. CURRICULUM VITAE B. During the first month student must present the following original documents and their copies to EAE: B.1. STUDENTS WITH ANY DIPLOMA FROM AN EU UNIVERSITY • The original university degree (or a certified copy) and a legal translation of it into Spanish. • Original official transcript (or a certified copy) and a legal translation of it into Spanish. In the case of completed university studies in EU countries or countries from the European Economic Area, degree authentication will not be needed. However, a Spanish translation of such a degree or international degrees in a language different from Spanish, as prescribed in article 36.1 of the Act 30/1992 of 26 of November, on Rules governing general government institutions and Common Administrative Procedure, will be necessary.

The official translation can be done by:

• An official translator duly authorized or registered in Spain. The list of official translators in Spain can be accessed from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Tablon+de+anuncios/Intérpretes+Jurados.htm • Any diplomatic office or overseas Spanish Consulate.


If the student has completed his or her university studies in a non- EU university, the supporting documents proving its legitimacy must be demonstrated through one of the following: - Spanish Embassy or Consulate in the country where your university degree has been issued. - The Hague Apostille. - The “Convenio Andrés Bello”

2.1. STUDENTS WITH A QUALIFICATION FROM AN EU UNIVERSITY • Original qualification certificate and a sworn translation into Spanish (if the certificate is in a language other than Spanish). • Original college transcript and a sworn translation into Spanish (if the certificate is in a language other than Spanish). Legalized authentication of a document by the competent authorities of the country of origin of the document is required for the recognition of partial studies as in the approval of the degree. Due to the fact that most of our programs are dualdegrees (an EAE degree and another one from UPC), it is essential that all the university or institution diplomas obtained from outside Spain must be authenticated before being presented to EAE.

During the first month of the course, the student

must show the original hard-copy documents of the university degree and the official transcript at the EAE’s Student Service Department. The deadline to submit all the required documents is 3 months after the beginning of the program. Degrees or copies of “non-Spanish university degrees” submitted to EAE must be legalized at the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in the country of origin of the qualification. The authentication of academic documents is not necessary if the country of origin is signatory to the Hague Convention, the “Convenio Andrés Bello”, the Council of the European Union: nor must it be submitted via diplomatic offices. • Countries in which the European Union Council directives are implemented for recognition of qualifications • France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland and Liechtenstein. • Switzerland as well, through the bilateral agreement with the EU. • From 1st May 2004 also: Cyprus, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, and the Czech Republic. Authentication will not be necessary for those documents issued in these countries. • Legalisation in countries part of the Hague Convention The Hague Convention apostille is a stamp-like footnote at the end or side of a document (issued here) so that it can be valid in those countries which signed the Convention ( and vice versa ). The apostille is necessary, for example, for official procedures related to nationality and university qualifications, among others. The following countries have signed The Hague Convention : Germany, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Belarus, BosniaHerzegovina, Botswana, Brunei-Darussalam, Bulgaria, China ( only in the Macao and Hong Kong regions ), Cyprus, Colombia, Croatia, Dominica, El Salvador, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, United States of America, Estonia, Russia, Fiji, Finland, France, Grenada, Greece, Hungary, Marshall Islands, Maurice Island, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Lesotho, Latvia, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malawi, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Namibia, Niue, Norway, New Zealand, The Netherlands, Panama, Portugal, the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, Czech Republic, Romania, Samoa, St Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, St Vincent and the Grenadines, St Lucia, Seychelles, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Surinam, Swaziland, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Venezuela, Serbia, Montenegro..

This procedure should be completed in the candidate’s or the program participant’s country of origin. • Legalization via diplomatic offices ( in non-Hague Convention signatory countries) In the case of non-signatory countries of The Hague Convention and of any of the aforementioned conventions, all documents must be authenticated via diplomatic office and meet the following requirements: 1. Recognition by the authorities of the Ministry of Education from the country of origin (Ministry stamp), of the signatures that are in the original document, when such a document is a supporting studies document (university qualifications and educational certificates). Recognition by the authorities of the pertinent department from the country of origin of the signatures which appeared in the original document, when such a document is a supporting document for any other reason (e.g. birth certificates and nationality). 2. Legalization of the aforementioned issued recognition, in the country where those documents were issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin (Ministry stamp). 3. Recognition of the previous legalization signature by the Spanish diplomatic representation in the country of origin (Embassies and Consulates of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs). All documents issued at the Consulate of the foreign country in Spain must be authenticated by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. • The Convenio Andrés Bello signatory countries: The countries which signed the Convention are: Bolivia, Colombia, Cuba, Chile, Ecuador, Spain, Panama, Peru, and Venezuela. All documents must be authenticated via diplomatic office (the process eliminates the last ordinary legalization procedure). Please note, when the country is also a signatory of The Hague Convention, the easier procedure established by this could be used. They must be submitted to each of these places and in this order: The documents must be legalised diplomatically (the process eliminates the last step in ordinary legalisation). (When the country is also part of The Hague Convention, the method established by The Hague can be used as it is easier). You must present yourself to the following places in this order: 1. The Ministry of Education of the country of origin for qualifications and educational studies. 2. The corresponding Ministry for birth and nationality certificates, at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country in which those documents were issued. 3. The diplomatic or consular representation of Spain in the said country.


Student's Records - Barcelona