FACU LT Y ACHIEVEMENT S
• Panelist, Plumbing for Pro Bono: Creating and Maintaining the Pipeline from Law School to Practice. American Bar Association Equal Justice Conference. David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, Pa. (May 4). • Plenary opening speaker, Law School Pro Bono Advisors Preconference, American Bar Association Equal Justice Conference. David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, Pa. (May 3).
Jane Campbell Moriarty • Professor Moriarty was ranked in top 10 percent of downloads for all authors worldwide on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN), with over 2,800 downloads, February-March.
John T. Rago PUBLICATION/ARTICLE
• Essay: “Death Row Exonerations and Conviction Integrity.” In Melusky, J. & Pesto, K., The Death Penalty: A Reference Handbook. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO (June). APPOINTMENT
• Appointed to serve on the Pennsylvania Suggested Standard Criminal Jury Instructions Committee, a PBI Publication (April).
Jacob H. Rooksby
• A Sea Change: Neuroscience Evidence, Privacy, Law & Constitutional Frontiers. Jesus College, Cambridge University, Cambridge, England (Aug. 7).
Dean Rooksby continued his series of book talks on The Branding of the American Mind at Stetson Law, College of William & Mary and Virginia Commonwealth University. The book is available on Amazon.com.
• Who Speaks for Neuroscience?. Bioscience and Law Lapalooza Conference. Stanford Law School, Stanford, Calif. (April 21).
• Presentation on Neuroscience and Law to Pain Research Network. Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pa. (March 14). APPOINTMENT
• Accepted an invitation to serve on the Board of Directors of PennFuture, a nonprofit focused on clean energy as well as protecting air, water and land and building sustainable communities for future generations.
• The Branding of the American Mind: How Universities Capture, Manage, and Monetize Intellectual Property and Why It Matters. Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association (PIPLA) spring lunch meeting, Continuing Legal Education program. Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, Pittsburgh, Pa. (March 15). MEDIA
• KDKA News, televised interview re: trademark law and Supreme Court case (April 27).
Katherine L. W. Norton
AWARD AND APPOINTMENT
• Recipient of 2017 40 Under 40 Award, presented by Pittsburgh Magazine and PUMP.
• Recipient of the 2017 Excellence in Teaching Award from the Duquesne Student Bar Association.
Seth Oranburg PRESENTATIONS
• Corporate Governance, Legal Ethics. Continuing Legal Education program with Eli Elias of Promontory Financial Group. Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pa. (May 13). • Hyperfunding. Mon River Colloquium Conference. West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, W.Va. (March 24).
• Appointed to the Board of the Carnegie Museum of Natural History.
Ann Marie Schiavone PUBLICATION/ARTICLE
• Writing the Law: Developing the ‘Lawyer Citizen’ Identity Through Legislative, Statutory, and Rule Drafting Courses. 55 Duquesne Law Review 119 (Winter 2017).
Tara L. Willke PRESENTATION
• Panelist, Teaching Ideas: Research, Critical Reading, and Citation. Association of Legal Writing Directors Biennial Conference. Minneapolis, Minn. (July 21). 20
THE DUQUESNE LAWYER