ICT in my classroom
“Show me what you do with ICT in your classroom... I show you my!”
This project aims was creating networks of collaborative work by sharing activities with ITC or web 2.0 tools, develop in the primary classroom, in different European countries. Each teacher shared creative activities developed with their students through photographs, videos, accompanied by a brief framework for the other teachers can accomplish. Activities were share with classes of the same grade. These activities were of different areas of the curriculum of primary education. Subjects: Informatics / ICT, Primary School Subjects. Languages: English, Polish, Slovak, Portuguese. Pupil's age: 6 - 9. Aims: • Meet other school systems; • Share educational activities carried out with ICT in the classroom; • Build a "deposit" /database activities with ICT; • Motivate students and teachers in the use of ICT and Web 2.0; • Develop skills in using ICT and with Web 2.0 tools.
I love eTwinning
Tools: e-mail Project Diary Twinspace, web publishing: Blogger ThingLink Prezi Bubbl.us Tux Paint Kwiksurveys Smilebox Picasa Web Albums Glogster Issuu YouTube Sumopaint BigHugeLabs Surveymonkey Format Factory Wondersay Pixlr-o-matic PictureTrail
Wikipedia Animoto AnswerGarden Calaméo Switchzoo Art pad Classtools Stixy ProProfs Popplet Wordle Photosynth Windows Movie Maker GIMP Voki Flash-gear Docs.google.com ZooBurst Skype Loupe PiZap
EB1 de Levegadas, Lousã, Portugal
The EB1 de Levegadas is a small school of LousĂŁ, in Portugal. This year has 15 students from 6 to 10 years old (link to our web site).
SzkoĹ‚a Podstawowa nr 63, Bydgoszcz, Poland
We are attend to The Primary School No. 63, which is situated in Bydgoszcz and was established in 1990. Our city counts nearly 400 000 inhabitants and is placed in northern Poland, at Brda and Vistula rivers. We are 7 and 8 years old, we learn in the second grade (link to our web site).
Our class. Animoto presentation.
Základná škola Trenčianske Teplice, Slovakia Our school was established 30th august 1984. We are the only school in the beautiful spa town of Teplice Trenčianske. In school studying around 230 pupils. Trencianske Teplice is situated in the beautiful Carpathian Mountains. Our town has less than 5000 inhabitants and is only 15 kilometres far from county seat Trenčín.
Project activities: 1.
We introduced ourselves in English (ThingLink http://www.thinglink.com/ - 2b class from Poland, Animoto, the video of Portuguese kids, PowerPoint presentation in www.docs.google.com - 1b from Slovakia, Photosynth - http://photosynth.net/ (Our school - the entrance hall - Trenčianske Teplice, Slovakia and Our classroom in Photosynth - Slovakia - 1.B) We created the short, common presentation of the classes and their schools in Prezi http://prezi.com/index/. We did the brainstorm about the main topic of our project (https://bubbl.us/, we used the Paint programme and an Interactive Whiteboard, we organized the polling in Kwiksurveys. We worked on the “Animals” topic in all schools concerned in project.
We browsed the project website regularly: http://ict-etwinning.blogspot.com/.
We created the logo of the project in Tux Paint - http://tuxpaint.org/ and chosen the best one in http://kwiksurveys.com. Our polling in Kwiksurveys.
We shared our Christmas activities with Smilebox - http://www.smilebox.com/ - Polish activities and Picasa Web Albums: https://picasaweb.google.com/home - Slovak presentation. We worked on The Snowman topic. According Portugal proposition - Glogster - we watched the same film on YouTube and illustrated this film in Paint programme. We presented the results of our work in Issuu - http://issuu.com/ - Slovak presentation and Polish presentation.
We also shared various Easter activities: kaleidoscopes (http://www.sumopaint.com/app), Easter collages (http://bighugelabs.com/), Easter MI activities to use with Interactive Whiteboard (Theory of multiple intelligences), an interactive Easter puzzle, the presentation in Issuu Slovak presentation, Easter Glogster - http://www.glogster.com/ (we watched the same film on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/ and played the same Easter games - Easter proposal for you. We PAINTed Easter eggs in Paint programme together, in international groups.
We sent letters and souvenirs to our partners by post.
10. We created the common educational comic connected with the Animals topic. Comic was about taking care of pets. Division of tasks: feeding (Slovakia), walking + cleaning up after them (Poland), teaching tricks (Portugal) (ZooBurst - http://www.zooburst.com/).
11. We organize the videoconference on Skype between Slovak and Polish kids http://www.skype.com/pl/. During this videoconference we introduced themselves in English and we sang "Love, love, love your pets" song together. Films.
12. We talked about how to deal with dogs. We also took part in the lesson about an endangered species (WWFâ€™s).
http://wwf.panda.org/ and Go Wild club.
13. We looked for information about Animals in Wikipedia - http://www.wikipedia.org/, we wrote down this information in Microsoft Office Word programme or Microsoft Office PowerPoint.
14. We created the strangest pet in The World on http://www.switchzoo.com/zoo.htm.
15. We organized the lesson with our animals at our schools. Each student presented his pet and told how to look after them.
16. We created and played own math games connected with Animals topic. Here are the sample rules
of the game.
More? Click and have a fun with online version - The One Hundred Number Chart Game.
17. Math in our project - invented mathematical puzzles in the following of tables and graphs connected with our project. Click here to download pdf file.
18. We drew paintings depicting any animal. Then we sent to the partners three to each of them. Partners converted our animals into the strangest pet in the world. (Art pad http://artpad.art.com/artpad/painter/).
Examples of children's common work: http://artpad.art.com/?mle5n2k1muw http://artpad.art.com/?mle4xhgpxr4 http://artpad.art.com/?mle5941ciczc http://artpad.art.com/?mlpq661bpbrk http://artpad.art.com/?mlpq1e8g0zg http://artpad.art.com/?mlppkbgtw9o
19. We used Classtools: the memory game with the names of animals in English, Polish, Slovak and Portuguese and the Fruit Machine to selected paintings to our partners http://www.classtools.net/.
20. We made common table that showed what animals have got children involved in the project (Google+). Link to the table.
21. We prepared the presentation (Google +). The students presented themselves and their pets (or dream pets) to their partners. Each student created his/her own slide with photos and a short description. Link to this presentation. Presentation in CalamĂŠo.
22. We organized the lesson in the ZOO (all photos and our Animoto presentation) "Do not give up me, my friend." During the meeting they learn about the responsibility for the animals, which can be children's pets. The participants had the opportunity to stand face to face with a snake, a lizard, a rabbit, a turtle, a stick insect... Children from Slovakia visited the riding club. Video
23. We colored the logo of eTwinning - http://www.stixy.com/ and Paint programme.
24. We solved the quiz about our countries in English - ProProfs http://www.proprofs.com/ and colored our flags and emblems.
25. We summed all our activities in Issuu (our arrangements). 26. We did an evaluation in Popplet http://popplet.com/ http://www.surveymonkey.com/, AnswerGarden - http://answergarden.ch/.
The project lasted for one school year. Results: • Motivating students and teachers to work with ICT and Web 2.0 tools; • Developing ICT skills; • Encourage the use of ICT and Web 2.0 tools in primary school; • Created a list of activities that can serve as inspiration for other teachers.
Published on Jun 21, 2013
Published on Jun 21, 2013
This eTwinning project aims to create networks of collaborative work by sharing activities with ITC or web 2.0 tools, develop in the primary...