Maximize Your Home Sale
Dear Home Seller,
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to help guide you through your home selling process. It can be confusing and sometimes complicated, so it is important for you to understand what it takes to avoid unnecessary hassle and to ensure proper planning and a smooth transaction. Rest assured, you will receive my superb, exclusive service incorporating my experience and expertise to safeguard you and your family’s success.
The information in this handbook will educate and assist you with the following:
• Pricing your home
• Marketing your home
• Pre-listing preparation
• Showing your home safely
• Offers and counter offers
I look forward to giving you my undivided attention through the home selling process. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions you may have after reading this information.
GENERATIONS OF TRUST FOR GENERATIONS TO COME
OVER 70 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE
Since 1950, Dilbeck Real Estate, a local and family-owned company, has enjoyed helping friends, neighbors, and families create new beginnings and lasting memories.
For generations, we have started lasting and trusted relationships with a handshake. From the beginning, Ray Dilbeck dreamed of a real estate company where every relationship is important. Dilbeck Real Estate was built one relationship at a time upon a commitment to superior service, honesty, integrity, and the value of home ownership and family. Today, Ray Dilbeck’s son, Mark Dilbeck leads the firm and continues his father’s vision.
Dilbeck Real Estate and its Sales Associates have grown along with the communities they serve. Most associates have been raised or live in their local market area and have an intimate knowledge of the character of each local community, its schools, recreational facilities, shopping opportunities, and transportation. This community background, combined with the skills of highly trained professionals, make Dilbeck Real Estate ready to exceed the expectations of each of its clients and meet the unique challenges encountered when buying or selling a home.
Our Company by the Numbers
Established in 1950 and locally owned and operated, Dilbeck Real Estate provides residential sales and leasing, estate home sales, commercial sales and leasing, corporate sales, new home sales, and relocation.
Nearly $1.3 Billion In Annual Sales
1,297 Transaction Sides
9 Office Locations 380+ Highly Trained Sales Associates
30+ Dedicated Support Personnel 73 Years of Excellence
Dilbeck’s Difference & Initative
WE’RE COMMUNITY MINDED
Since 2001, the Dilbeck & Associates Charitable Foundation has been supporting local nonprofit charities within the communities that our Dilbeck Sales Associates serve. Such charities have supported civic and community services, health care, scientific research, youth activities, art, and culture. These local organizations are committed to creating positive change and contribute to the welfare of those living in their community.
Dilbeck Will be by Your Side Every Step of the way.
The buying and selling process is a journey. We believe every great journey begins with a single step.
TEAM SPIRIT AND SUPPORT
At Dilbeck, we view our clients as part of our family. We believe that your success is our success and we will be there to help you along the way.
Dilbeck provides leadership, not just within our company, but within the communities we serve. Honor, integrity, and strong ethics are key values of our company.
We strive to be industry leaders in social networking, advanced technology, and lead generation.
Our brand strives on being consistent, focused on our agents and our listings. Our innovative marketing department is an essential tool for our agents to cast a wider net to get your home sold. From print to digital design, our expert marketing team is here to ensure the effective exposure of our listings.
LEGENDARY CLIENT SERVICES
At Dilbeck, we pride ourselves on exceeding expectations. Our experienced team is here for you every step of your journey. Experience the value of expert support.
Our real estate locations strategically located throughout Southern California, nearly $1.1 Billion in sales volume in 2020, Dilbeck Real Estate is ranked among the top independent real estate companies in the nation.
Timing is extremely important in the real estate market. The graph below illustrates the importance of placing your property on the market both at a realistic price and with realistic terms from the beginning. A property attracts the most interest from the real estate community and potential buyers when it is first listed; therefore, it has the highest chances of a sale when it is new to the market.
Make sure your property is priced correctly when listed; this will obtain the results you desire. A property attracts the most interest in its first two weeks on the market. You only get one chance to make a good first impression.
Our in-house Marketing Department was created with the goal of establishing brand recognition in and out of the region. We design all materials to clearly identify and distinguish Dilbeck from all others in the marketplace. Through consistent use of our design style, we have created a trademark in the real estate industry. Depending on your needs, Dilbeck offers a variety of marketing and advertising strategies.
NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL ADVERTISING
When it comes to promoting our luxury properties, Dilbeck holds some of the finest connections to the world’s most prestigious publications. Some of our most successful ad placements and complimenting public relations articles span the pages of LuxuryRealEstate.com, Leading Estates of the World, The Wall Street Journal, Mansion Global and Juwai.com.
FLYERS, BROCHURES AND INTERNET PRESENTATIONS
Upon completion of your property’s Dilbeck-supervised photo shoot, we will produce brochures that comprehensively detail and correctly depict the property and its features.
TARGETED DIRECT MAIL
Dilbeck believes that direct mail works when a well-represented product reaches a receptive audience.
Dilbeck Real Estate has a dedicated in-house marketing team that excels in branding and marketing residential properties and developments. Our team of designers, technology experts, and marketing specialists offers strategically-driven solutions for buyers, sellers, developers and investors. We leverage our proven capabilities with the best emerging technologies and digital marketing strategies to ensure maximum exposure for the properties we represent.
We use an integrated system of tools leveraging artificial intelligence to attract buyers to our sellers’ properties. Our Dilbeck marketing automation regularly reaches out to buyers to encourage engagement with our listings and facilitate direct agent contact.
A successful marketing campaign for a real estate offering includes a number of key pieces, each prepared for a specific purpose. Materials are created and prepared by our in-house marketing department and select resource partners.
Unprecedented World Reach
Leading Real Estate Companies of the World® (LeadingRE) is the home of the world’s market-leading independent residential brokerages in 70 countries, with 550 firms and 150,000 sales associates producing 1.3 million global transactions. Our by-invitation-only network is based on the unparalleled performance and trusted relationships that result in exceptional client experiences.
• More #1 market share companies in top markets than any network.
• 8 of the top 25 real estate companies in the U.S.
• Top-rated luxury real estate program.
• Award-winning learning platform, Institute, recognized by Training Magazine
B illion in home sales volume in 2020 among the top 500 U.S Firms
40% O f top 125 U.S markets where a leadingre affiliate ranks number 1
1.3 M illion G lobal Transactions
Annually 120 C lient introductions made daily worldwide
Showing Your Home
Your Dilbeck listing team will handle all of your showings with the utmost care and safety. These showings will be conducted in a safe manner that exceeds the procedures and guidelines of the CDC and California restrictions.
Dilbeck associates offer personalized virtual walk-through home tours via Zoom or Facetime to allow prospective buyers to view your home without being there in person.
APPEALING TO THE SENSES
At Dilbeck, we bring your home to life! Whether it is by music playing throughout your home, popcorn popping in the kitchen, or even the smell of fresh baked cookies, we create an atmosphere where buyers can envision themselves living in your home. The details matter.
Preparing Your Home to Sell
When listing your house, one of your top goals will likely be to get the house sold for the best price possible. In many cases, it’s the little things that make a big impact. Here are some small projects you can do to make sure your house is in tip-top shape when you’re ready to sell.
9 TIPS TO IMPROVE THE CURB APPEAL OF YOUR HOUSE.
• Give your entry a facelift. Try a fresh coat of paint or a new front door.
• Landscape your yard. A well-groomed lawn welcomes buyers to the house.
• Make sure all exterior lights work. Replace outdoor light bulbs.
• Wash all windows (inside and out). Don’t let dirty windows take away from a great view.
• Clean out your garage. Consider getting a storage unit to remove any non-essential items you want to keep.
• Remove any lawn ornaments you are planning to bring with you to your new home.
• Replace a worn-out welcome mat. Welcome buyers with a fresh step into your house.
• Paint or replace the street numbers on your house. Make them more visible to potential buyers.
• Power wash outdoor surfaces. Give them a ‘like new’ appearance.
Open House and Virtual Tours
1. Should you choose, Dilbeck Associates will offer personalized virtual walk-through home tours via Zoom to allow prospective buyers to view your home without actually walking inside.
2. If your schedule allows, we will try to do 1-2 open houses a month, depending upon the seller and activity at the home.
3. If your wish is to NOT hold any public open houses please let us know so nothing is assumed of your preference.
4. We do our best to provide feedback by Monday afternoon.
5. Please ensure all valuables and medications, are secured and/or removed from the property and all firearms and weapons are safely secured and/or removed.
6. If anything is a health or safety issue, or something that we may not be readily aware of, please let us know. (Loose stairs, broken deck boards, wide railings, etc).
7. If you have any sound systems, playing soft classical music is a nice addition to the open house.
8. Please let us know if we need to speak to the HOA in advance of any open houses, what codes we are allowed to use for daily use, and days of planned open houses.
Offers & Counteroffers
ON MARKET ACTIVITIES
In many transactions, there is a fair amount of negotiation. Offers and counteroffers are common before both parties are satisfied. Negotiations are one aspect of a real estate transaction in which an agent is invaluable. Not only can an agent draw upon his or her experience and market knowledge to offer sound advice during a negotiation, but he or she can also serve as a calming expert during the selling process.
From Contract to Closing
CLOSING THE SALE
In a real estate transaction, there are dozens of loose ends to tie up between signing the contract and closing the sale. Dilbeck is known for our attention to detail during this important phase in which we coordinate and oversee the following steps:
• Obtain important documents, such as property disclosure forms and condominium documents (budget, declaration, condo association minutes), and deliver them to the buyer
• Monitor all contingencies to ensure they have been met in a timely fashion
• Recommend service providers for moving, home improvement and repairs
• Schedule a final walk-through with both the buyer and the buyer’s agent
• Coordinate your closing and the transfer of keys
Who Pays for What During the Transaction
THE PATH TO HOMEOWNERSHIP
One very common question about real estate transactions is: “Who pays for what in a real estate transaction?” Below is a list to give you an idea of some of the common expectations, but this list will vary from region to region. Also, a buyer’s or a seller’s market could possibly change the common fee responsibility. This is a breakdown of what the SELLER and BUYER should generally expect to pay for:
• Real estate commission
• Document preparation fee for deed
• Documentary transfer tax (negotiable)
• Any loan fees required by buyer’s lender (VA, FHA*)
• Pay off all loans in seller’s name
• Interest accrued to lender being paid off, statement fees, reconveyance fees and any prepayment penalties
• Termite inspection (VA loan - negotiable)
• Termite work / repairs (negotiable)
• Home warranty (negotiable / sellers)
• Any judgments, tax liens, etc., against the seller
• Tax proration (for any taxes unpaid at time of title transfer)
• HOA seller’s package
• Any unpaid homeowner’s dues and transfer fees
• Owner’s title insurance premium
• Recording charges to clear all documents of record against seller
• Any bonds or assessments (negotiable)
• Any and all delinquent taxes
• Mobile notary (if applicable)
• Escrow fee (split)
• Wood stove exemption and/or certificate
• *VA/FHA have upfront fees/premiums due at closing
• Lender’s title insurance premium
• Escrow Fee
• Mobile notary (if applicable)
• Document preparation fee (if applicable)
• Recording charges for all documents in buyer’s name
• Termite inspection (according to contract)
• Tax proration (from date of acquisition)
• Set up/capital contribution fees
• All new loan charges (except those required by the lender for seller to pay)
• Interest on new loan from date of funding to thirty (30) days prior to the first payment date
• Inspection fees (roofing, property inspection, etc.)
• Home warranty (according to contract / sellers)
• Homeowner’s insurance premium for first year
• Transfer tax