PROVIDE ACCOMODATION SERVICE
SMK N 57 Jakarta edition by Oky Dewayanti 2013
Assalamualaikum Wr.Wb First of all we isn't it Praise Thanks to presence of Alloh SWT, blessing of Taufik and of Hidayah, TEAM of MGMP Vocational Tourism High School of Jakarta have earned to compile module teach Tourism pursuant to curriculum of SMK Edition 2004. Module materials teach this Tourism is compiled by using approach learn contekstual that is by Tourism concepts application in everyday life. Hopefully module teach this can enrich idea of protĂŠgĂŠ in vocational middle story level pattern sistimatik thinking, logical and critical always stick in attitude and behavior of educative participant do not only during residing in school but anywhere he reside ins. To Tourism teacher in SMK environment On Duty Dikmenti Province of DKI Jakarta suggested to use module teach this, so that strive to improve the quality of Human Resource pass to eye of diklat Tourism, immediately form. That way hopefully Alloh SWT always isn't it Taufik and of Hidayah to all of us. Amiin.
2 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
PREFACE Nothing to say in besides saying thanks of alhamdullilah to Alloh SWT which no the desisting of always isn't it the grant from above and blessing of to all of us, so that Modules manual for the Area Of Membership Of Effort Hotel Accomodation can be finished at ease without any resistance. This module is made for the agenda of fulfilling Curriculum demand 2004 using approach of study base on Interest where one of the relevant teaching materials is Module. With this Module, is expected to be to be used as by source learn for participant to reach expected in standard interest for corporate world and Industrial world. This module is compiled to pass some process steps, namely start from preparation of module items, compilation of copy in writing, is later then presented by before teacher of SMK DKI, Head of SMK DKI, Team of Vocational P3G of Jakarta, and also Team of Subdit Curriculum and assessment of Dikmenjur Depdiknas Jakarta. This module can be finished by support blessing and aid from various side by him writter render thanks to all sides which have shared active and have given big share to solution of this module, Hopefully good charitable of them get reward beside Allah of SWT. Writer expectation, hopefully this module can give benefit for all readers specially participant for the agenda of improving the quality of participant so that interest can either in national and International. Writer sure that this module still very far from all nature. Criticism and suggestion of readers very we wait for the agenda of completions of this module and as writer reference for the compilation of other Tourism module in the future
3 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
CONTENTS Foreword.................................................................................................. Preface...................................................................................................... Contents................................................................................................... Module study domicile map ................................................................... Glossary of terms......................................................................................
2 3 4 5 6
Chapter I : Introduction A. Description …………………………………………………... B. Prerequisite…………………………………………………… C. Module guidance……………………………………………… D. Final purpose…………………………………………..……… E. Competency…………………………………………………… F. Check Ability………………………………………….………
9 9 9 10 10 12
Chapter II : Study Plan Study Activity I A. Study Purpose…………………………………………………. B. Materials analysis…………..…………………………………. C. Summary……………………………………………………… D. Exercises……………………..……………………………….. E. Formatif Test…………………..……………………………… F. Job Sheet ……………………………………………………..
19 19 24 25 25 28
Study Activity II A. Study Purpose……...………………………………………….. B. Materials analysis.…………………………………………….. C. Summary……………………………………………………….. D. Exercises..……………………………………………………… E. Formatif Test……...…………………………………………… F. Job Sheet………..………………………………………………
29 29 41 43 43 46
Study Activity III A. Study Purpose…….……………………………………………. B. Materials analysis………………………………………………. C. Summary..……………………………………………………… D. Exercises……………………………………………………….. E. Formatif Test…..……………………………………………….. F. Job Sheet ……………………………………………………….
47 47 50 50 50 53
4 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Study Activity IV A. Study Purpose …………………………………………………… B. Materials analysis……..…………………………………………. C. Summary ………………………………………………………… D. Exercises……..………………………………………………….. E. Formatif Test…………………………………………………….. F. Job Sheet ………………………………………………………..
54 54 54 61 61 65
Chapter III : Closing……………………………………………………………. 66
5 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Module study domicile map
CORE COMPETENCIES ITHHCOR 01 AIS Work with colleagues and costomers ITHHCOR 02 AIS Work in a socially diverse environment ITHHCOR 03 AIS Follow helath, safety and security
ITHH HCO 01 AIS Develop and Up date hospitality industry knowlegde
FUNCTIONAL UNIT FRONT OFFICE ITHHBFOCO01AIS Receive and process Reservation ITHHBFOCO03AIS Provide Accomodation service ITHHBFOCO06AIS Perform Clerical Procedure ITHHBFOCO07AIS Communication on the Telephone ITHHBFOC10AIS Provide Porter Service ITHHBFOCO05AIS Process Financial Transaction
6 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
GLOSSARY OF TERMS Arrival and departure list Average room rate Airline rate Bell boy Blacklist Blocking Cashierâ€™s office
Cash sale Check in Check out
Continental Plan Corporate rate Credit Card Deposit Double occupancy Early Deaprture European Plan FIT Folio Front Desk
Full service hotel
GIT Group Rate
List of expected arrivals and departure for a particular day. The average income generated from each room A reduce rate offered to airline crew and personel. Porters in a hotel, especially with responsilility for handling baggage. A list authorized by the hotel management of the names of all persons not welcome in the hotel Term used for a reservation for several people at the same time. Office separated from that of front office where payment of guestâ€™s account, foreign currency and safe deposit are made. Whwn goods are sold for cash. The procedure of registration as well as name given to a guest who arrives at the hotel and registers. The procedure of setting the hotel account on departure of the guest as well as name given to a guest who settles the acoount and leaves the hotel. This rate includes breakfast as well as the accommodation. An agreed rate charged for charged for executive pesonel from business and corporations, normally regular guests. Issued to persons by a credit card company or bank, allows the holder to charge amount and pay at later date. Payment received in advance to guareantee a booking , it does not constitute a contract. Room occupied by two persons. Means when a guest leaves prior to original departure date. Also knoen a curtailment and understay. Room only rate, no meals included Free independent traveler, intenational traveler, normally requiring accommodation only. Guest bill on which all charges are recorded. Also known as guest account. Area of the Front Office where a guest registers, where keys are possibly kept and where information can be obtained. Provides a wide selection of guest services in addition to accommodation, such as food and beverages room services, laundry services, etc. Group inclusive tour. A package tour. Specific room rate for group, agreed by hotel and group in advance. 7
Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
High season Hospitality Industry
PO-Paid out Posting
Peak season of a hotel, prices are normally at their highest. A collective term for business providing accommodation and food beverages and other facilities to people who are away from home. Number of room let on a particular day. Machine used to imprint details from a credit card into the sales voucher. Card issued to the guest on registration. It display room number, name, rate and other relevant details. Used when the guest requests the key. Quietest periode at the hotel, prices are normally at their lowest The main account on which charges have been recorded by company ao particular guest. Charges not recorde on the main account are normally posted on an incidental account. The rate includes room, breakfast and one meals, usually dinner. Also known a demi pension and half board. Person who has made areservation and does not arrive on particular day. Rooms not available for letting, e.g. rooms being repaired or redecoreated. Term meaning to accept more rooms than there are available. This is done to ensure 100 per cent occupancy, allowing for cancellation, no shows and early departures. When the hotel cashier will pay out on behalf of the guest. Term used for entering charges onto a guestâ€™s account.
An amount paid in advance of services rendered.
Pre-Register Rack rate
Registration details provided in advance of a guestâ€™s stay Current rate charged for each rooms as established by the hotel management. Section of the hotel dealing with check in and room status. Refers to the actual number of rooms let as a percentage Rooms sold X 100 % Total rooms available Indicates whether a rooms is accupied, vacant or reserved at any given time. A facility offered to guest for the storage of valuable property. Specials interest tours. People who normally visit a place once Special attention guests.
House count Imprinter Key card
Low season Master Bill
Modified American Plan No Show Out of order Over booking
Reception Office Room occupancy %
Room Status Safe Deposit SITs SPATT
8 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION
DESCRIPTION One of this section Front Office is shares or acceptance of guest which in the English of referred as Reception. At this section, Reception is department which deals with new arrivals with the greeted, to be registered and determined by his room was beside given by good information regarding room facility and other hotel facility. Executed activity in the shares acceptance of guest is hotel centre of activities. This tems which studied in this module including the cover scope two important aspect in acceptance of guest, that is acceptance of guest arrive directly without Reservation ( In Guest Walk) and acceptance of guest check in with Reservation. Accurate and good preparation in acceptance of guest arrival of vital importance mean in fluency acceptance of guest arrive. Role in acceptance of guest for earnings of hotel pass to sale of image and Receptionist which do well by hotel is very need. Interest to reach in this module is to skill application and knowledge required to Provide Accomodation Service – Reception. PREREQUISITE
Knowledge and skill which must master before or after studying this interest unit is : THHBFO 04 AIS Maintenance financial records THHBFO 06 AIS Preform clerical procedure THHBFO 07 AIS Communication on the telephone THHGCS01A Develop and Update local Knowledge THHBFO 05 AIS Process financial Transaction
1. For Student - Study given module - Items module discussion with the group - Discussion result of team-work with counsellor teacher - Presenting result of group - Practice individually - If have made ready to Assesment, raise to Teacher.
2. For Teacher 9 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
c. Assisting educative participant in planning process to learn d.Guiding educative participant in comprehending theory e. In reply to question of educative participant study items f. Assisting educative participant to determine and access the source of other addition which needed to learn g.Activity organization learn group h.Executing assessment - Noting attainment of progress of educative participant.
FINAL PURPOSE After studying this module the expected educative to be participant to have knowledge of accurate attitude and also skill in provide Accomodation Service â€“ Reception.
COMPETENCY Unit Competence is THH BFO 02/03 AIS ; Provide Accomodation Service, unit decompose concerning knowledge and skill required to provide comings and goings service for guests in take care Commercial Accomodation.
UNIT ITHHBFOC03AES : PROVIDE ACCOMMODATION SERVICES â€“ RECEPTION ELEMENTS 01
Prepare for guests arrival
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6
Welcome and register guests
Reception area is prepared for service and all necessary equipment is checked prior to use. Daily arrival details are checked and reviewed prior to guest arrival. Rooms are allocated in accordance with guests' requirements and enterprise policy. Uncertain arrivals or reservations are followed up in accordance with enterprise procedures. Arrival lists are accurately compiled and distributed to relevant departments. Colleagues and other departments are informed about special situations or requests in a timely manner. Guests are welcomed warmly and courteously. Details of reservation are confirmed with 10
Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Organise guest departure
3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6
Prepare front office records and reports
guests. Information and advise about hotel facilities and services is pro-actively offered. Registration procedures for guests with and without reservations are correctly followed and completed within acceptable timeframes and in accordance with enterprise security requirements. Accounting procedures are correctly followed. Details relating to room key, guest mail, messages and safety deposit facilities are clearly explained to guests. Where rooms are not immediately available or overbooking has occurred enterprises procedures are correctly followed and inconvenience to guests is minimized. Arrivals are monitored and checked against expected arrivals with deviations reported in accordance with enterprise procedures. Departure lists are reviewed and checked for accuracy. Information on departing guests is sought from other departments to facilitate preparation of account. Guest accounts are generated and checked for accuracy. Guest accounts are clearly and courteously explained to guests, and accurately processed. Keys are recovered from guests and correctly processed. Guest requests for assistance with departure are courteously actioned and referred to the department for follow up. Where appropriate, express checkouts are processed in accordance with enterprise procedures. Where appropriate, procedures for group checkout are correctly followed and accounts processed in accordance with enterprise procedures. Front office records are accurately updated and prepared within designated timelines. Enterprise policies for room changes, no shows, extensions and early departures are correctly followed. 11
Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Reports and records are distributed to appropriate departments within designated timelines.
CHECK ABILITY I.
Study Activity I Prepare for guests arrival 1. Do you have comprehended knowledge concerning : a. Read The Log Book b. Acuration of Room Rack c. Room avaibility for Walk in d. Blocking Card e. Room Status Report f. Expected Arrival List g. Guest History Card h. Expected Arrivals with Special Request i. List Of Imfortant Guest j. Other Preparation for Guest Arrivals 2. Whether you can and skilled in : a. Read The Log Book b. Acuration of Room Rack c. Room avaibility for Walk in d. Blocking Card e. Room Status Report f. Expected Arrival List g. Guest History Card h. Expected Arrivals with Special Request i. List Of Imfortant Guest j. Other Preparation for Guest Arrivals
Study Activity II Welcome and register guests 1. Do you have comprehended knowledge concerning a. Welcoming guest b. Room Assignment and Room Rate c. Registration d. Checking The Method of Payment e. Issuing The Key and Escorting the Guest f. Opening guest bill and Arrival book h. Early Check ins g. Scheme and procedure guest arrival i. Room Change Procedure 12
Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
j. No Show Guest Procedure k. Extention of stay Procedure 2. Whether you can and skilled in : a. Welcoming guest b. Room Assignment and Room Rate c. Registration d. Checking The Method of Payment e. Issuing The Key and Escorting the Guest f. Opening guest bill and Arrival book h. Early Check ins g. Scheme and procedure guest arrival i. Room Change Procedure j. No Show Guest Procedure k. Extention of stay Procedure
Study Activity III Organise guest departure 1. Do you have comprehended knowledge concerning a. Organise guest departure procedure b. Late Check out procedure c. Late Charge procedure d. Express Check out 2.
Whether you can and skilled in : b. Organise guest departure procedure c. Late Check out procedure d. Late Charge procedure e. Express Check out
Study Activity IV Prepare front office records and reports 1. Do you have comprehended knowledge concerning a. Front office record and report b. Hotel Statistic
2. Whether you can and skilled in : Front office record and report b. Hotel Statistic
13 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
CHAPTER II STUDY PLAN At this unit competency, student have to finish four interest sub, with study plan as following :
ELEMEN AND PERFORM CRITERIA Prepare for guests arrival 1.1.Reception area is prepared for service and all necessary equipment is checked prior to use. 1.2.Daily arrival details are checked and reviewed prior to guest arrival. 1.3.Rooms are allocated in accordance with guests' requirements and enterprise policy. 1.4.Uncertain arrivals or reservations are followed up in accordance with enterprise procedures. 1.5.Arrival lists are accurately compiled and distributed to relevant departments. 1.6.Colleagues and other departments are informed about special situations or requests in a timely manner. 1.7.TEST Welcome and register guests 2.1. Guests are welcomed warmly and
27 x 45mâ€™
MEETINGS/ WEEKS 4x
50 x 45mâ€™
LOCATI ON Class/lab FO
14 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
courteously. a. Details of reservation are confirmed with guests. b. Information and advise about hotel facilities and services is pro-actively offered. c. Registration procedures for guests with and without reservations are correctly followed and completed within acceptable timeframes and in accordance with enterprise security requirements. d. Accounting procedures are correctly followed. e. Details relating to room key, guest mail, messages and safety deposit facilities are clearly explained to guests. f. Where rooms are not immediately available or overbooking has occurred enterprises procedures are correctly followed and inconvenience to guests is minimized. g. Arrivals are monitored and checked against expected arrivals with deviations reported in accordance with enterprise procedures. h. TEST Organise guest departure
50 x 45mâ€™
Lab FO 15
Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
3.1.Departure lists are reviewed and checked for accuracy. 3.2.Information on departing guests is sought from other departments to facilitate preparation of account. 3.3.Guest accounts are generated and checked for accuracy. 3.4.Guest accounts are clearly and courteously explained to guests, and accurately processed. 3.5.Keys are recovered from guests and correctly processed. 3.6.Guest requests for assistance with departure are courteously actioned and referred to the department for follow up. 3.7.Where appropriate, express checkouts are processed in accordance with enterprise procedures. 3.8.Where appropriate, procedures for group checkout are correctly followed and accounts processed in accordance with enterprise procedures. 3.9.TEST Prepare front office records and reports 4.1.Front office records are accurately updated and prepared within designated timelines.
25 x 45mâ€™
Class/ Lab FO
16 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
4.2.Enterprise policies for room changes, no shows, extensions and early departures are correctly followed. 4.3.Reports and records are distributed to appropriate departments within designated timelines. 4.4.TEST
17 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
ACTIVITY I A. STUDY PURPOSE 1. Student able to Read The Log Book 2. Student able to accurate room rack status 3. Student able to Calculate room avaibility for Walk in 4. Student able to make Blocking Room 5. Student able to make Room Status Report 6. Student able to make Expected Arrival List 7. Student able to make Guest History Card 8. Student able to prepare Expected Arrivals with Special Request 9. Student able to make List Of Imfortant Guest 10. Student able to preparing Other Preparation for Guest
B. MATERIALS ANAYSIS
PREPARE FOR GUEST ARRIVAL
The arrival at the hotel is critical period for both the guest and for the hotel. It is at this time that the stronget impressions are made upon the guest. The Reception departement (sometimes called the Front desk) is the departemet which deals with new arrivals.The Reception department is often the first hotel department that a guest encounters when arriving at the hotel. The main duties of the departemen are : Welcoming and checking in of new arrivals Selling the facilities of the hotel Maintaining records of resident guests Providing guest information for other sections of the front office and other department of the hotel Organise guest departure
18 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Basic Check in Activities : Preparation For the Guest Room Assignment and Determination of room rate Registration Checking the method of Payment Issuing the room key and escorting the guest
1. Log Book Log Book is a book which comprising problems and things needing to follow-up of Reception clerk at working team for the next shift . Information which is is ordinary to be noted in logarithm of book usually like ; Room Change Guest check in without baggage Unfinished preparation and need follow-up of arrival of VIP, etc.
2. Accurating Room Rack Room rack is one of the equipment of acceptance of important guest which in English referred as by Room Status of Board. Made from metal or wood, where shares which in the form of small box a place for safe room rack slip compiled to be to be referred as with a Cascet. Room rack placed by registration desk underside so that is easy to perceived by officer using him. Information found on Room rack is :
Location of the room Number Room Room Rate Room status
19 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Example of the Room Rack Slip : 101 Surendra R,MR. (1) Rp. 550.000,- 10/08 Jl. Timah no. 23 05/08 Bekasi – Barat INDONESIA P/A By Cash Rp.1000.000,SAM At hotels which have computer system using, hence usage of room rack status by manual do not popular again, but in principle but is appliance giver of information concerning room rack statuses every day him.
3. Room Avaibility Target enumeration of room rack is to know there or room rack him not available which can be sold at that day, specially for guests arrive without ordering of room rack ( In Guest Walk). Calculating that room rack is important more than anything else at the time of high dwelling storey level to reach maximal sales revenue. The times to calculating the room rack are : 08.00 Hours : When supervising briefing in the morning. 11.00 Hours : When the guest will check out times and will extention of stay. 15.00 Hours : Reporting Room statuses to the next shift 17.00 Hours : Compass with the Housekeeping Report. Room Avabilities formula : Vacant room Expected departure Total Expected Arrival Total room available For walk in guest
: 40 : 14 + : 54 : 50 :4
4. The Blocking Rooms Blocking room is activity specify room rack for guest which ordering room before his arrival. Blocking Room can conducted by before guest arrival until at the time of a few moments before guest arrivals. Of him are to be guest which have 20 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
ordered sure get room according to order of him, beside the other things which must be prepared. For hotels which still manual activity of Blocking room compose from : a. Puting Blocking Card at the room rack as according to determined room rack number. b. Mentioning room number in the Blocking card. c. Blocking Card made of by manila paper, of the size is equal to Room rack Follow the example of Blocking card.
401 Dewayanti O,MRS (1) Golden Kris Tour Bali Resv.P/a
4. The Room Status Report Before guests arrival, Reception staff will need details on the status of the guest rooms. This information is usually indicated ny a room status report., which shows whether a room is occupied, vacant and dirty, ready for occupancy or our or order. From a room status report, receptionist will be able to identify which rooms are clean and ready for guests, which rooms will become available late in the day or which rooms are unavailable on the that date.Such information is essential to the Reception department when assigning rooms, to ensure that a guest is not inconvenienced by being sent to an occupied, dirty or faulty room.
5. The Expected Arrival List Expected Arrival list provides basic information on guest who are expected to arrive on particular date.Regardless of whether this information is given by computer or manully, the details should be the same. By checking the expected arrivals against the room status report, the Reception supervisor will be able to determine : a. Whether there are sufficient rooms to accommodate all the guests expected to arrive. b. The number of rooms that will be available for accommodating any walk in guests.
21 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Example of the Expected Arrival List
The Hotel Pradana EXPECTED ARRIVALS LIST Date 21st August Guest Name
Requirements Rate Departure Date Room Assign
Sudarsono, Mr/s Chun, K.K Mr Frank, Bryan Mr/s
1 DB 1 TB 1 DB
85 75 85
25/08 23/08 25/08
DB/302 TB/402 DB/512
Remarks Personal a/c Company a/c Personal a/c
6. The Guest History Record Many to class hotels keep huest history records which contain details on all previous guests. With the advent of computerization, this information is now easily made available to all hotels that use computers . If a guest history record is available, the name of all the guests on the expected arrival list should be checked against the guest history record to see if any of the guest have previously stayed in the hotel. For example if the guest has previously complained of a noise room., The guest amenities, etc.
Guest History Record Guest Name Company Address Credit Card I.D No. Total Date
: Surendra,R.Mr : Takaful Inc. : Jl. Sudirman No.786 Pontianak â€“ INA Telp. 0987765433 : BCA : 000765443322 : 86
First Visit Total Visit to date Total Nights to date Total Revenue to date Average spend to date
: 09/09/98 : 18 : 53 : Rp. 5.000.000,: Rp. 500.000,-
04/09 07/09 3 12/07 15/07 3
22 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
7. Expected Arrival With Special Request. Some guest may request extra amenities or services when they make their reservations . The relevant departemens must, therefore be informed of these request so that they can be prepared and ready for the guests arrival. For example if an expected guest has requested a cot for a baby, the reception supervisor will assign a suitable room numberfor Reservation, and inform the Housekeeper of the request for a cot . The Housekeeper will then place the cot and any others items , such as a baby basket containing talcum powder, in the room before the guest arrives.
8. List of Important Guests Many hotels pay special attention to important guests. Important guests may include : VIPs (Very Important Persons), Example : Frequent-stay guests, celebrities guest expenses rooms , guest with security risks, executives from hotels head office. CIPs (Commercially Important Persons), Example executive of large corporate account holders, important journalist and media staff, Travel agents and Tour company staff, and the guests whose companies could bring a lot of business to the hotel in the future. SPATTs (Special Attention Guests), are guests who may need Extra care and attention , such as : Guest with handicapped, eldery people guest, ill guests, and the long stay guests, pregnant guests, guests bring the baby.
9. Other Preparation For Guest Arrivals n additional to colleting information for check in, Receptionist may carry out other preparation work before guest arrive at the hotel. For example, they may prepare Registration documents and check whether the keys are available for vacant rooms, and check whether a newly arriving guests has any mail waiting. The preparation of Registration documents before guests arrivals can gretly reduce the time and work at check in, thus spending up the process during for the Expected arrivals. When the guests arrive, all they then have to do is to check these details and sign the Registration cars.
23 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
C. SUMMARY Before doing uty as receptionist require to have some definitive informations to assist service and work in accepting guest arrive. There are some preparations which must be done by officer among other a. Read The Log Book b. Accurating Room rack c. Calculating room avaibility for Walk in d. Making the blocing card e. Making Room Status Report f. Preparing Expected Arrival List g. Making Guest History Card h. Preparing The expected Arrivals with Special Request i. Making the list Of Imfortant Guest j. Preparing Other Preparation for Guest
D. EXERCISES 1. Make guest data which ordering room reservation such as Individual, Vip , group. And then make Expected Arrival List 2. After made Expected Arrival list hence making preparation for that arrival. 3. Perceive and discussed with your Classmate ! E. FORMATIF TEST Element Class Majoring
: Prepare for guest arrival : III : Hotel - Accommodation
Multipel Choice Selection one of the answer alternative said the word traverse ( X) at letter of a,b,c,d and of e in answer sheet. 1.Welcoming guest arrival dan sell the room are duty from……….. a. Reservation clerk b. Receptionist c. Telephone Operator d. Porter e. Front office manager 2. Basic of activities Receptionist is.......... 1. Receive reservation 2. Handling incoming calls 3. Prepare for guest arrival 4. Income audit 24 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
5. Closing the sale 3. Guest which arrive without reservation referred is 1. Walk in guest 2. Guaranteed reservation 3. Non Guaranteed reservation 4. 6 P.M Release 5. No show 4. A book which comprising activity or things needing follow-up of referred as…........ a. Expected Arrival list b. Expected Departure list c. Log Book d. Arrival book e. Departure book 5. Important equipments to see room status in hotel referred as….… 1. Reservation rack 2. Room rack 3. Information rack 4. Cascet 5. Billing Rack 6. Small box place of safe room rack slip referred as. …… 1. Reservation rack 2. Room rack 3. Information rack 4. Cascet 5. Billing Rack 7. Under this target count room available, except…..… 1. Report to the supervisor 2. Report to Housekeeping department 3. To know the room available 4. Room report 5. To sale 8. Guest check in with the reservation without guarantee referred as….. 1. Walk in guest 2. Guaranteed reservation 3. Non Guaranteed reservation 4. 6 P.M Release 5. No show 9. Information which is ordinary to be note at the log book is.... 1. Room change 2. Guest complaint 3. Guest check-out 4. Guest check-in 5. Guest skipper
25 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
10. All important data which there are in slip rack room except .... 1. Number of room 2. Guest name 3. Room Rate 4. Number of Person 5. Special Request 11. List of the guest will be came at the hotel from reservation referred as…. 1. Expected departure list 2. Expected arrival list 3. Estimated departure list 4. Extention arrival list 5. Extention departure list 12. Expected arrival list make by…..…. 1. Reservationist 2. Receptionist 3. Telephone Operator 4. Front Office Manager 5. Front Office Supervisor 13. When the Receptionist prepared the expected arrival list from the reservation ? 1. 1 weeks before guest check in 2. 2 weeks before guest check in 3. 1 weeks after guest check in 4. 2 days before guest check in 5. 1 day before guest check in 14. What the term specify for the room allocation …. 1. Taking room 2. Order room 3. Taking order 4. Blocking room 5. Blocking card 15. What appliance for the block of room…. 1. Guest slip 2. Room rack slip 3. Guest card 4. Blocking card 5. Reservation slip 16. Purpose of blocking room is…. 1. To make sure the room available when the guest coming at hotel. 2. For sale to other guest 3. To clean the room 4. To easy the reception doing the job in the next shift 5. To count the room available 17. The best time for Reception to count the room available except…… 1. 08.00 d. 19.00 2. 11.00 e. 17.00 3. 15.00 26 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
18. Hotel of Pradana by 350 room. On this day which was occupied 250 room,and which was out check 125, room, and which was Extend stay 5 room and which was Expected arrival 175, room, which was O.O is 2 room ,how many room available which can be sold at that day for the guest of in walk ... 1. 43 rooms d. 44 rooms 2. 42 rooms e. 45 rooms 3. 40 rooms 19. Recording the guest ever been stayed at the hotel is call……….. a. Registration card d. Guest folio b. Expected arrival list e. Room Report c. Guest history card 20. Actifity issued the Registration card before the guest arrive at hotel referred as…… a.Preparing d. Reservasi b. Pra-Registrasi e. Pre-reservasi c.Blocking room
ESSAY Answer the questions with the hereunder briefly and clear ! 1. Why The Log book is one of the all important matter which must be drawn up by Reception ? 2. Why reception clerk have to take care of Room Rack remain to accurate ? 3. Why reception clerk have to count supply of room rack every day ? 4. Mentioning information which there are in a room rack status 5. Mentioning room rack status type ?
JOB SHEET Perceive room rack and then count supply of room which can be sold at that day, drawing up room for guest which was estimate will arrive with reservasi. Equipment : Room Rack Supplies : Room rack slip, Blocking Card Job Step : 1. Identifying Occupied room 2. Identifying vacant room 3. Identifying Out of order room 4. Identifying house use room 5. Identifying Expected departure list 6. Making the blocking card and put on the Room rack 27 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
ACTIVITY II A. STUDY PURPOSE 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
Student able to welcoming guest to the hotel. Student able to Room Assignment and Room Rate Student able to Registration Student able to Checking the method of payment Student able to issuing the key and escorting the guest Student able to make opening the guest bill and Completing the arrival book 7. Student able to handling guest with Early Check Ins 8. Student able to explain procedure handling guest check in scheme 9. Student able to handling procedure room change 10. Student able to handling procedure guest no show. 11. Student able to handling guest extention of stay.
B. MATERIALS ANAYSIS
WELCOME AND REGISTER GUESTS
1. Welcoming the guest Guests have often traveled a long way and may be impatient and tired when they arrive at a hotel. They will, therefore, want guieck, effeicient check in services provided by pleseant and courtesoues receptionists . To a hotel arrival is the occasion when a guest and hotel staff meet faceto-face for the first time, A well functioning reception process gives tge guest a good impression of the hotel. This helps to establish the hotelsâ€™s image and reputation, as well as to encourage the guest to return in the future. In order to gives guests a lasting first impression, the Reecption staff need to be efficient and have good social skills. They should be knowledgeable about the accommodation product of their hotel and skilled in the check in procedures and the handling of the guestâ€™s. Additionally, they should have pleasant manners, be cordial, empathetic and always be ready to help. A neat and tidy appearance and the ability to communicate with guest is also essential.
28 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
A check list for welcoming the guests Maintain good eye contact Smile when talking to the guest Stand up straingth and avoid leaning or slouching Maintain a cleam, neat and tidy personal appearance at all times Speak clearly, using a pleaseant tone.
Photo : Welcoming guest to the hotel Procedure welcoming the guest 1. Welcome guest 2. Offering help 3. Asking the guest if the guest have reservation 4. Asking guest name ( Check the Expected arrival list) 2. Room and Rate Assignment
Room Assignment When assigning a room to specific guest, the Receptionist has to ensure, as for as possible, that the needs and preferences of the gurst are satified. In doing so, the receptionist needs to know:
29 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
The status of all the rooms in the hotels The position and features of each room in the hotel The needs, preferences and/or special requests of the guest The position and facilities of each room are usually indicated by a floor plan : Figure : A Floor Plan Pradana Hotel Floor Plan : 3th floor Beach View 413 414 415 416 DB DB TB TB
401 402 403 404 TB TB DB SU
412 411 410 409 TB TB DB DB
408 407 406 405 DB DB TB SU
b. Determination of room rate The rates charged by the hotel for accomodation are usually available in the form of a tariff card at Reception. It will be stayes in the tariff cards if the prices is for one or two persons and whether any meals are included and/or special weeked rates . Examples of accommodation prices are : Per-room tariff Per-person tariff Published rate)/Basic Rate Special Rate o Corporate Rate o Commercial Rate o Airlane Rate o Family Rate o Group Rate o Weekend Rate o Day use Rate European Plan Rate American Plan
30 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
3. Registration The purpose of registration is to record a guest’s arrival and confirm their personal detalis. Quite apart from any commercial constraints, a publican or motel owner is advised to keep records on order to establish to police who are lodgers or guests, and therefore legally allowed to be on the premises for 24 hours per day, from other patron who may only be plesent during the appropriate linccensing hours. However, in “Peraturan Pemerintah” no. 45 tahun 1945 pasal 5 ayat 3, where accommodation for residence is provided, should keep a residents register on the licensed premises. Register for Guest with Reservasi For guest arrives at a hotel, he or she is normally required to complete a registeration form. A mentioned previously in this capter, there may be differences in the reservation status of nemly arrived guests, and they will therefore be dealt with differently at the time registration. Register for walk in guests If the guest is a walk in, then the receptionist must first check the room avaibility before registering the guest. If room is available it will be offered and the guest must be informed of all room charges. Upon acceptance, the gust will be asked to complete a registration form. Registration Card/Form A Registration form or card is used to record the personal particulars of the gue4st on arrival. The actuasl designd or layout of the forms may very among hotels, but they usually ask for similar guets information. Information that will be at Registration card/form : Arrival Date Departure Date Arrival Time Room Number Number of guest Number of room Type of room Name of guest Address Passport number / identity card date and place of issue Nationality Date of birth Method Payment Guest Signature Clerk Signature 31 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
4. Checking the method payment When a guest makes a Reservation, their intended method of payment is recorded. However, it is important to confirm the method of payment at the time of the guest’s arrival, especially so for any walk in guests. The main reason for doing this is to ensure that the hotels can know advance if the guest needs to make special arrangements for settling their bill,. Eg. Wanting to pay by cheque, or to use uncommon foreign currency. This precaution helps to prevent embarrassment to the guest at check out, as well as preventing walk outs. The general rules for checking the method of payment are outlined below: a. If the guests is walk in or has a non guaranteed reservation, take a pre payment or credir card imprint. b. If the account has a guaranteed reservation and is setting their own account, ask to take a credit card imprint, and phone for authorization for an amount which is estimated to cover the whole stay. c. If the guest wants to pay cash or foreign currency, inform them of the room rate and record the method of payment on the registration card. Confirm with the guest that the rates for the foreign currency are as displayed. As an extra pre-caution it is advisable to take a pre-payment and/or a credit card imprint. d. For settlements by cheque, ask for form identification, preferably a driver’s licence. Make a note of the licence number and address on the reverse side of the cheque. However remember that prior approval needs to be gained for all cheque settlements. e. When a guest has a company or travel agent who settling the account, the receptionist must ensure that accurate billing details are recorde, eg. What is paid by the com pany or agent and what expenses are the guest’s own responsibility.
5. Issuing the key and Escorting the guest a Issuing the Guest card Guest Card is a personal record of the guest’s room number and room rate, and a statement of the hotels’s policies. It also serves as proof of the guest’s identity to hotel satff. This may be necessary when the guest wants to collect room key from Reception or sign for a drink or meal. Guest Name Check in –check out Room number Room Rate
32 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
The Hotel Welcome Guest Name Arrival Date
Room Number Room Rate
Check-Out time is 12.Pm Important you may be required to show this card each time you collect your key and when you sign charges to your room account
b. Escorting the Guest The practice of escorting guest to their rooms depends on the standard of service offered by a hotel. In most budget hotels and motels guests are not normally escorted to their rooms. Instead, they are given directions and may have to carry their own bags. On the other hand, Full services hotels usually offer a bell services. The bell boys frequently escort guest to their rooms, and at the same time handle their baggage. The kind of Guest keys using in the hotel : ď‚§ Conventional key
Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
……………………………… ………………………………. 434 This key only used for the room number properly if any missing or damage please inform our Front Office.
Coordinating escorting guest to the room Guest
Guest for the first time come to the hotel
Groups or tours will be come at the hotel with the many people and baggages
VIPS (Very Government head, frequent stay guest, Important Celebrities, Guest in expenses room, Guest with Persons) security risks, etc.
General Manager,E.A Manager F.O Manager, F.O Supervisor, GRO
CIPS (Commercially Important Persons)
Account holder, Important journalist, Travel agent or Company staff.
EA. Manager,F.O Manager, F.O Supervisor, GRO
SPATTs (Special Attention Guests)
Guest with handicapped, defect peope, eldery peope, ill peope, Pregnant woman, etc.
GRO, Bell boy
34 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
6. Opening Guest Bill and Completing Arrival Book a. Opening Guest Bill Guest bill differentiated according to guest type become two type : Individual Guest bill Group guest bill. For guest which is payment conducted by side of is three that is take care or Travel agent / Airlane, hence for the guest made by two account type that is : Master Bill, to note transaction to be paid to the other side the name City Ledger. Extra Bill, to note transaction to be paid direct by guest. Opening guest account done by reception clerk, pursuant to information of registration card. As for the procedure of is : Take guest bill and paste up one room rack slip at corner of bill. Type guest information on the room rack slip and also pursuant to information of card registration of pertinent guest. On this Heading Bill type are ; - Room number - Guest name - Number of person - Room rate - Check in - out - Address - Method payment - Clerk name Under the guest bill type information are : - Payment Instruction - Down payment (DP) - Discount - Name and address company will be payment. - Voucher number or Guarrantee Letter
After type the opening guest bill send to front office cashier.
35 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
PRADANA HOTEL Guest Bill Folio Number….. # 403 Surendra,K.Mr(1)Rp. 550.000 08/08/07 Jl. Sunan Jati No. 34 04/08/07 Pontianak INDONESIA Resv P/A
04/08 04/08 05/08
1 2 3
Advance Payment Room Coffe Shop
Amount to be settled by Credit Card No. Discount Advance Payment Agent Voucher No.
1.000.000 -150.000 -100.000
: Own acc Visa : 90483924964 :: Rp. 1000.000,:-
Melengkapi Catatan Kedatangan Tamu
c. Completing Arrival Book. Purposeing the arrival book are : Recording guest details on Statisic. To recording Room sales Recapitulation. To make Room change report. Information will be type at arrival / Departure book are : o Number of Registration card o Room number o Guest name o Number of person o Address o nationality o Remarks
7. Procedure of Early Check ins Check do empty other rooms alternative and can be passed to guest. If the room alternative is available, asking for forgiveness courteously to guest. 36 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
If the room alternative is available doing registration, but don't specify room before wanted room before all ready exist. If the room is not ready, the guest luggage will be put on baggage room and the guest can wait in the lobby lounge and give the welcoming drinks or offering other facilities like bar, coffee shop, swimming pool, Children garden etc, until the room is ready. Record the existences guest as long the guest waiting the room, so the receptionist will call the guest as soon possible if the room is ready to use. Don'T let guest a wait too long. Contact Department of Housekeeping to immediately to moke up the room which have empty. Isn'T it feel empathy to guest because have awaited, and make pleasant atmosphere. 8. Check in process procedure on the schema Guests Arrives
Prepare for Guest Arrival
Check Reservation Status
Has the Guest made a Reservation ?
Complete Registration Form
Assign Room and Room Rate
Check Method of Payment
Are Room Available ?
Suggest Alternative Rooms or Hotels
Issue Room Key and Cards
Escort Guest to Room
37 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
a. Guest Check in with Reservasi procedure b. Welcoming guest c. Offering help d. Asking the guest if they have the reservation e. Asking the guest name f. Check the Expected Arrival list (EAL) g. Confirmed Reservation h. Assigned room i. Guest Registration j. Checking method payment k. Issuing guest card, breakfast meal coupon, welcoming drink, guest key l. Escorting guest to the room m. last greeting n. Opening guest bill
b.Guest Check in without Reservation (Walk in guest) Procedure a. b. c. d. e. f. g. h. i. j. k.
Welcoming guest Offering help Asking the guest if they have the reservation Offering type of room and hotel facilities with the selling technique Assigned room Guest Registration Checking method payment Issuing guest card, breakfast meal coupon, welcoming drink, guest key Escorting guest to the room last greeting Opening guest bill
9. Room Change Procedure Type of room Check Room Avaibility Call Bell boy to move the guest luggage Info to the Front office cashier Info to other section/departemen 10.No Show Procedure Arrival plan Contact person No show policy The Procedure are : o Ask the reason why the guest is no show o Advise to them that guest expense which do not emerge will be imposed by 50 % from room rate as according to isn't it hotel. otel. 38 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
11. Extention of stay procedure : Name and number of room Room avaibility Length of stay Blocking the Reservation Chart Info to other departement/section C. SUMMARY Of all the tasks undertaken by the reception department, one of the most important is the checking in of the newly arrived guest, because it is at this time that the guest forms their strongest impressions as to the friendliness and efficiency of the hotel. In this chapter we have looked at the basic activities undertaken by the Reception desk from the time prior to the guest’s arrival through to the assignment of the room, and the issuing of the room key. Prior to the arrival the receptionist needs to be aware of room status of the hotel. They must balance the rooms available against the expected arrivals for the day, remembering that some regular guests have specific personal likes and dislikes. This information is obtained from the hotel’s guest history records. Inmost hotels rooms are assigned at Check in, however, there are centain categories of guest who need to be pre-allocated guests, for example VIPs, CIPs and SPATTs. The Registaration process, apart from being a legal requirement, also gives the hotel the opportunity of colleting valuable information on the guest. The design of registration form was shown, and the reason for taking the information explained. Procedures for dealing with newly arrived guests with Reservations were shown, as were the step to be taken when checking in walk ins appear on the hotel’s blacklist. Once the registration process has been completed, the Receptionist assigns the guest a room. Sometimes, if the guest arrives early, a room may not be ready and so the methods of dealing with this situation were covered. To ensure that the guest and hotel suffer no problem or embarrassment when the guest checks out, the method of payment should be clarified at the time of checking in. Some of the problems which could arise were explained and the solutions were given. In a number of better-class hotels, newly arrived guests are escorted to their rooms by reception department staff. The objective of this services was given, as were the tasks expected to be performed by the escort.
b. EXERCISES 1.
Make the Group work in your class, and create the Room rate of the imaging hotel like ; hotel’s product and the facilities. 39
Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Lesson and discuss with your friends in the group Do the Presentation your result discuss in front your class.
FORMATIVE TEST Element Class Majoring a.
: Welcoming the guest arrival : III : Hotel - Accommodation
Multipel Choice Selection one of the answer alternative said the word traverse ( X) at letter of a,b,c,d and of e in answer sheet. a. On the manual operation the hotel Reception clerk will see the room status on..... a. Conventional Chart d. Information rack b. Room rack e. Reservation rack c. Density Chart 2. Point of the assigned the room, except….. a. Room status b. Room located c. Excess from each room d. Guest request e. Clean and tidy the room 3. Room rate one unity of price is not the amount of guests referred as by…. a. Per-Room Tarif d. European Plan b. Per-Person Tarif e. Bermuda Plan c. American Plan 4. Set of price rent a room rate to one night referred as….….. a. Per-Room Tarif d. European Plan b. Per-Person Tarif e. Room Rate c. American Plan 5. Standard price for room rate without eating and discount referred as….. a. Corporate rate d. Airline rate b. Commercial rate e. Day Use rate c. Standart rate d. 6. Given by advanced money is guest at the time of arriving a number of one room rate nights referred as…. …. a. Prepayment d. Guarantee Letter b. Advance Payment e. Credit card c. Voucher 7. Hotel is obliged to register the guest of lodging in hotel, this matter was arranged pursuant to regulation of number….……. a. PP no.45 Tahun 1954 pasal 5 ayat 3 40
Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
b. PP no.45 Tahun 1945 pasal 3 ayat 5 c. PP no.54 Tahun 1945 pasal 3 ayat 5 d. PP no.45 Tahun 1945 pasal 5 ayat 3 e. PP no.54 Tahun 1954 pasal 3 ayat 5 8. Personal Details for guest stay in the hotel is record at…….. a. Guest Card d. Reservation form b. Guest History record e. Guest Slip c. Registration card 9. Under this which do not the including guest identification sign card able to be made as guest badge card is….…. a. SIM d. ID Card b. KTP e. Credit card c. Passport 10. Guest data to make Pra-Register made pursuant to data of…… a. Reservation form d. Reservation slip b. Guest in the house e. Arrival list c. Expected arrival list 11. Information on the Registration form is except……….. a. Arrival date d. Name b. Departure date e. Address c. Cross Reference 12. The room rate usually offering the reception clerk to the walk in guest is………. a. Package rate d. European Plan b. Special rate e. American Plan c. Basic rate 13. Receptionist must be checking method payment after the guest fill the registration card because......…. a. Hotel rules b. Avoiding the happening of guest of Skipper c. Hotel policy d. Avoiding the happening of guest of Snipper e. Avoiding the happening of Late Check out 14. For guest doing payment with Cheque hence officer have to ask …… except a. Guest identification sign card d. Family card b. SIM e. Bussines card c. STNK 15. Purpose of the Guest Card is…. a. Stay voucher sign d. Stay sign b. Information card e. voucher payment c. Stay Instruction 16. If guest rent room with Continental Plan rate hence officer besides giving guest card, they also have to release card….. a. Breakfast meal coupon d. Voucher b. Welcome drink e. Confirmation letter c. Guest Card 41 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
17. Type of guest able be escort by bell boy is...... a. Almost guest arrive b. Newly guest c. Guest Important d. Bussines Guests e. Risk’s guest 18. Room rate $ 70, Tax and Service 20 % ( $ 1=Rp. 8000,-) the Basic rate is…. a. Rp. 408.000,d. 440.000,b. Rp. 428.000,e. 448.000,c. Rp. 438.000,19. If guest get to be discounted from hotel, hence the calculation of from a. Full Rate d. Tax and Service b. Basic Rate e. Special Rate c. Contract Rate 20. Type of guest key name’s is…..…. a. Manual key b. Conventional Key c. Electronic Key d. Master key e. Grand Master key
ESSAY Answer the questions with the hereunder briefly and clear ! 1. 2. 3. 4.
Mention the purpose of the registration card ? Explain the welcoming guest procedure in the hotel ! Mention types of room rate is able be offer to the guest ? Why the assigned room rate procedure is different between guest check in with Reservasi with guest check in without reservation ! 5. Why there is guest doing the payment of by third party, and mention 2 guest account type ? E. JOB SHEET 1. Student do procedure practice accept guest arrive at hotel with Reservasi. 2. Student do procedure practice accept guest arrive at hotel without Reservasi / Guest check in. Equipment Supplies
: Room Rack : - Registration card - Guest card - Breakfast meal coupon 42
Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
- Welcoming drink coupon - Cash receipt - Sales Draft Job Step : a. Identifiying Room rack status b. Identifiying type of guest c. Identifiying Guest registration d. Identifiying Method of payment e. Identifiying guest card, guest key, and escorting guest to the room.
43 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
ACTIVITY III A. STUDY PURPOSE 1. Student able to organise guest departure procedure. 2. Student able to handling Late Check out procedure. 3. Student able to handling Late charges procedure. 4. Student able to handling Express check out.
B. MATERIAL ANAYSIS
ORGANISE GUEST DEPARTURE
1. Organise guest departure. Guest Check out is guest to leave hotel finished procedure payment of him. Guest check out require attention from sharing party for fluent of departure and give good last impression and satisfaction isn't it guest will come again to hotel as customer. Main duty of Reception clerk to handling guest departure : a. Marking room status rack to leave. For example with position of Guest Slip b. is stand up for guest check out c. Making and distribute Expected Departure List to other section/department to preparing anything. d. After guest finishing the payment, Receptionist receiving guest Registered from the FO Cashier e. Recording Departure Book f. Making the Guest History Card g. Say Last greeting h. Suggesting guest to leave address as Forwarding address.
Check out Procedure Check out Procedure is final Solution process all guest transactions during stay in hotel where the payment of have to pay at the time of leaving or can be delayed because will be paid by third party pursuant to agreement beforehand between both side.
44 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
The procedure are: a. Greet guest b. Confirm guest details : Guest name, number room, key room and departure date ( if the guest is leaving earlier than expected, other departements will need to be informed. c. Check whether late Check out charges should be applied. d. Take Guest bill dan Supporting guest bill (Chits of bill) from the bill rack. e. Check for Late Charge f. Asking for guest to check guest bill and check supporting guest bill which enter from outlet, for example laundry, minibar etc. g. After guest agree to do Payment of guest account according to system agreed on/ guest settlement of accounts. h. Offering Check out services: Transportation, receiving the guest’s key, check if they have used a safe deposit box which now needs to be emptied etc i. Offering the for the Future Reservation services. j. Say last greeting impressions. k. Up dating the front office records. 2. Late check outs Procedure. When a request for check out is received from a guest, the front office staff should first determine whether a late check out charges is to be added to the guest account. Most hotels have a stated check out time at which departing guests must vacate their rooms. In general check out time is 12 am. The information regarding this should be written on the key card, as well as stated in the information folder in the hotel guest room. If guest do not vacate their rooms by the check out time, a late check out charges may be imposed. To avoid misunderstandings between guest and the hotel, guests are often asked about their expected departure time at check in, and they should be informed of the extra charge which could be levied for late check outs. Check out time can sometimes be aproblem for tour groups. Pleasure travelers want to enjoy every moment of their holidays, so if their coach does not leave the hotel until 4 p.m for example, they dislike being asked to vacate their rooms at 12 a.m. In these situations hotels usually arrange to have the guest’s luggage stored with the concierge and reserve one more hospitality or complimentary rooms at no extra charge. These arrangements allow the group rooms to be vacated for subsequents guest, while the hospitality rooms are still available for the comfort of the tour group
3. Late Charges Procedure A late charge is charge for a service or facility whisch is sent to be cashier too late to be added to a guest’s account for settlement. For example, a laundry charge 45 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
may arrive at the front office cashier when the guest has already settled. The bill and possibly left the hotel. In such situations, it may be difficult for a hotel to coleect from its guests. In order to reduce the losses due to the late arrival of charges, the cashier should confirm whether there are outstanding charges before producing the guest’s accounts. The cashier may for example ask the guest whether they have used the mini bar or other services that morning and check the bill to see whwther charges for breakfast that morning or other cgarhes have been included. However this is relying upon the honesty of the guest, and does not reflect a particularly organized or professional hotel. This investigation of late charges is not easy and apart from inconvenienceing the guest while check are made, it creates extra work for the busy cashier. Many hotels accept that a certain level of loss will be experienced due to late charges, and consequently charge high prices for items such as mini bars to compensate. To avoid an unnecessary delay and inefficient service at check out, a well designed and well functioning accounting system is needed. This will ensure that:
Guest charges from various departments are sent to the front office as soona s possible if not immediately.
All charges are posted to the guest account once they are received. It is these reason that computerized accounting system are advantageous; they greatly speed up the transfer of charge information between department and the front desk. 4. Express Check outs procedure Some hotels this time have offering many services of check out quickly, this is service very assist next office cashier in face of high room status dwelling situation. Hotel giving service of Express Check out give service fomulir of Express Check out in the room and registration desk. With guest fill this form, hence guest expressed to agree with transaction which written at guest account, payment have to be finished with next office cashier after them leave hotel. As for service departure procedure of Express Check out is · Guest have given credit card and information · Drawing up Account guest · Drawing up entire/all Account supporter guest · Call the boy bell to handle guest wafting goods · Informing to other department which require information concerning guest departure. C. SUMMARY Organizing guest departure compose from : the Procedure handling of guest Out Check Procedure handling of delay of guest of check out will be imposed by 50 % room rate, if passing deadline of check out, and 100 % room rate have passed at 18.00 evening 46 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Procedure handling of delay of encumbering of guest account will result loss make hotel, therefore many hotels have system mengunakan computerize in reporting of transaction from some outlet to at next office cashiers. In the follow the example of transaction which often experience of delay of encumbering for example Mini Bar, Transportation etc. Service guest departure procedure quickly ( Express Check out) is - Guest have given credit card and information - Drawing up Account guest Drawing up entire/all Account supporter guest - Call boy bell to handle guest wafting goods - Informing to other department which require information concerning guest departure.
D. EXERCISES 1. Make working team in your class, each group do duty among are : 2. Group 1 : Make Book Departure with the following his guest data 3. Group 2 : Making Guest Bill and supporting guest bill 4. Group 3 : Making conversation for the guest of out check out 5. Do simulation to the guest check out procedure 6. Perceive and expostulated by result of the simulation of with your class E. FORMATIVE TEST Element Class Majoring
: Organize Guest Departure : III : Hotel - Accomodation
1. Multipel Choice Selection one of the answer alternative said the word traverse ( X) at letter of a,b,c,d and of e in answer sheet. 1. Guest to leave hotel finished the payment procedure of referred by…. a. Check in d. Late Charges b. Check out e. Express Check out. c. Late Check out 2. Under this which is not the including from preparation of reception clerk in guest check out is… a.Change position of slip guest b.Making Expected Depature list c. Accepting registration card of FO. Cashier d. Determining deadline of check out for guest to leave e. Making Guest card history
47 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
3. What is such with Guest History card a. History guest visit list b. History guest visit list of VIP c. List History guest visit of Group d. List History guest e. History guest guest history list . 4. If there is addressed letter to guest which have out check hence officer better the guest ……. a. Guest Satisfaction b. Guest Celebration c. Guest Forwarding address d. Guest Forwarding card e. Guest Hoping address. 5. List which comprising guests data leaving on the referred as a. Arrival book b. Departure book c. Guest History d. Guest Forwarding e. Guest Hoping 6. Proses final solution all guest transactions during lodging in hotel where the payment of have to pay at the time of leaving or can be delayed by because will be paid by third party pursuant to agreement beforehand between was both sides referred as a. Late check out d. Express check out b. Check out procedure e. Check out time c. Late charges 7. Late check out procedure referreed is…… a. Late check out d. Express check out b. Check out Procedure e. Check out time d. Late charges 8. Note concerning hotel facility used by un-paid by guest with cash at the time of guest use the facility referred as …. a. Guest Card d. Guest Reservation b. Guest Bill e. Guest history card c. Guest Registration 9.An situation when guest leave from hotel at the time of have passed deadline of check out which have been determined to be to be referred as….…. a. Late Check out d. Late Charges b. Late check in e. Expected departure c. Express Check out 48 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
10. Deadline for check out time is………. a. 11.00 d. 14 .00 b. 13.00 e. 10.00 c. 12.00 11. Delay of guest transaction report of section or department to next office cashier so that transaction is no time paid by guest because guest have out check referred as…. a. Late Check out d. Late Charges b. Late check in e. Expected departure c. Express Check out 12. Late charges transaction is…..… a. Room b. Laundry c. Room service
d. Transportation e. Mini Bar
13. Kinds of payment is……..except ? a. Cash b. Credit Card c. Traveler Cheque
d. SIM card e. Currency foreign
14. Receipt corps payment of guest during lodging to be referred as by ... a. Guest Bill d. Extra bill b. Chits if bill e. Guest folio c. Master bill 15. If happened charges late hence isn't it hereinafter is…….. a. Record on Late charges book b. Record on Guest complain book c. Record on Lost and found book d. Record on lost and breakage book e. Record on Express Check out book 16. If invoices amount of late headlight charges is amount of him hence packing into t Transaction… a. Lost and found d. On Change b. Lost and breakage e. Billover c. Room Descripancy 17. Express check out refered is……….. a. Late Check out d. Late Charges b. Late check in e. Expected departure c. Express Check out 18. Guest bill will record by city ledger referred is…….…. a. Guest bill d. Extra bill 49 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
b. Guest folio c. Master bill
e. Supporting bill
19. Guest bill transaction will be pay by guest with direct referred is…. a. Guest bill d. Extra bill b. Guest folio e. Supporting bill c. Master bill 20. Heading bill will recoed by details guest referred is…..…. a. Guest bill d. Body guest bill b. Opening Guest bill e. Guest folio c. Closing Guest bill
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
Reply/ answer] questions lah hereunder briefly and clear ! Why the reception clerk must check the late check out ! Why hotel must have deadline for check out time ? What is The Late Charges ! What is The Express Check out ? Why hotel must give the express checkl out to the guest ?
III. JOB SHEET 1. Practice the procedure check out. 2. Practice the procedure express check out. Equipment Supplies
Guest bill rack - Guest Folio - Departure book - Expected departure list
Step Procedure : 1 Identifying to Guest bill 2 Identifying to Supporting guest bill 3 Identifying to Guest check out 4 Identifying to Express check out
50 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
ACTIVITY . IV
A. STUDY PURPOSE 1. Student able to handling front office report 2. Student able to handling hotel statistic B. MATERIAL ANAYSIS
RECORD AND REPORT FRONT OFFICE
1. Record and report Front Office. Kinds of report in Front office : Arrival book, Departure book, Guest in the house, Arrival Book and Departure book Book of check in and chck out the pair of two side are : a. Left side is record for all today guest check in b. Right side for record all today guest check out.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE BOOK Report Type Registered Guest Sorted by Room Number Transcation Date 08/08/2007 Night Rec. CLERK/09 No. Register
Smith,B Mr Susilo, B Mr
$ 80,$ 95,-
Texas Jl. Kepapang No. 56 Jogya
51 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Guest in the house List of all data guest stay in the hotel for today. IN HOUSE GUEST LIST Report Type Registered Guest Sorted by Room Number Transcation Date 08/08/2007 Night Rec. CLERK/09 Room No. 101 102 Dst.
Room Guest Name Source/ Adult Child Nat Rate C/I C/O Remark Type Company DBL Harno Hartanto,Mr/s Personal 2 - INA $80,- 05/08 09/08 TWN Fauzan, Mr GA 1 - INA $72,- 04/08 10/08 C/A EBF
Expected Departure List Is report concerning guests planning will leave at one particular date of selected. This report is made by Reception evey days evening before guest leave, this report will be sent to relevant other shares to be they earn to draw up everything him. Under this format picture of Expected Departure List :
No. 1. 2.
EXPECTED DEPARTURE LIST Report Type Registered Guest Sorted by Room Number Transcation Date 08/08/2007 Night Rec. CLERK/09 Name of guest Person Fligt No. Time Setiawan, B. Mr Darmayanti, O. Mrs
GA 123 -
15.00 Pm 12.00 Pm
Remarks Taxi -
Room Reports This room status report is made before
52 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
ROOM REPORT Vacant Ready 103 104 Dst.
Vacant Clean 203 204
Vacant Dirty 205 206
Occupied Blocked Rooms 105 108 106 109
Checkout Rooms 102 100
Out of Order 204 405
Resident Office 220 208
Room Count Sheet Room count Sheet is detail of room sales revenue which in the form of report concerning situation of room status on selected. This report is made pursuant to information of room status at rack room. This report is made as source of membuatan Room Sales Recapitulation.
Room count Sheet Date : 11/08/2007 Room Person 101 102 103
Rate Code 1 1 0
Day : Saturday Person Rate Code
Room 201 202 203
Room Sale Recapitulation Summary sale of room sale is take from report earnings of sale of room;chamber dive 24 descriptions and hour of statistic. This report is made pursuant to report is detail of sale of Room Count Sheet. Become after making report detail of sale of room status hence immediately to this report. Marginally this report include to cover for 2 information group that is Summary usage of result and room sale. a. Room and guest Satistic.
53 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Room Sale Recapitulation Date : Day : fl
2 3 4 5 6 7
19 10 16 10
1 1 1
10 19 14 18
30 30 30 30
Room Revenue 1243500 655000 1336000 768500
Number of Rooms
Number of Guest Occ
20 11 22 14
20 11 22 15
Day Use Tour Rates 4003000
Total Summary Occ. Yesterday To Day Yesterday Total To Day Arrival Total R Payble Comp Vacant Out of order Total AV Rooms House Use Offices Total House
Guest Room # 610
55 1 61 3 120 120
67 1 0 0 68 68
COMPLIMENTARY PAX Name 1
% Occupancy %DoubleOccupancy Average R Rate Walk in DNA
Ani, D. Miss
45,83 21,43 72,782 -
Total Room Occupied To Day in Presentase
Total Rooms Occupied X 100 % Total Rooms Available Single Occupancy Amount of room sales X = Single Occupancy Amount of room ready to sales Double Occupany Amount guest â€“ amount of room stay X = Double Occupany Amount of room stay
54 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Complimentary rooms Number of room Available = 100 Complimentary = 2 Number of room Sales = 98 Occupancy = 98 X 100 % = 98 % 100
Average rate per guest Net room revenue = Average roo per guest Number of guest Average room rate Is obtained by mean room sales in the hotel in sale during one night. To know room sales mean price is the overall of roomsale price ( Revenue room) divided by the amount of sold to be room sales to be multiplied one hundred %. Jumlah seluruh hasil penjualan kamar X 100 % = Average Room Rate Kamar yang terjual Net Room Revenue Clean Productions amount which is get of room sale in one night where production of end result after lessened with tax and service . Total Room Payable Amount of all room sale, but in calculate payment only. Distribution of list Front office report : o General Manager o Departemen Tata graha o Akunting o Marketing o Food and Beverages o Arsip
Hotel Statistic. Is description concerning level admission filling of room sale and status filled Foam of Statistical Bureau Center.. Obligation equip list of Satistik based on Code of Law No. 7,1960. This activity is one of the activity of routine between hotel with bureau center statistic and do not be imposed by any expense . 55
Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Under of Statistic list : STATISTIC – HOTEL Month Hotel Address Room amount
: : : :
Foreign live in INA
Foreign live in INA
10 11 12 13
Chek in today 6
Check out today 5
Asing,berdiam di Indonesia
Using tosday 4
Using yesterday 3
Beds available 2
Guests Check in today Check out today
C. SUMMARY Record and report Front Office. Kinds of Front office report : 1 Arrival book, Departure book, Guest in the house Arrival Book and Departure book ,Guest in the house 2. Expected Departure List 3. Room Reports 4. Room Count Sheet 5. Laporan Rekapitulasi kamar (Room Sale Recapitulation) 6. Total Room Occupied To Day in Presentase
Total Rooms Occupied X 100 % Total Rooms Available 7. Single Occupancy 56 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
Jumlah kamar terjual X = Single Occupancy Jumlah kamar yang siap jual 8. Double Occupany Jumlah tamu â€“ jumlah kamar yang dihuni X = Double Occupany Jumlah kamar yang dihuni
9. Complimentary rooms Number of room Available = 100 Complimentary = 2 Number of room Sales = 98 Occupancy = 98 X 100 % = 98 % 100
10. Average rate per guest Is average room rate for guest stay in the hotel. Net room revenue = Average roo per guest Number of guest 11. Average room rate Is average room rate from room sales on one night. To know average room rate from room Revenue divide with amount of room sales X 100 %. Jumlah seluruh hasil penjualan kamar X 100 % = Average Room Rate Kamar yang terjual 12. Net Room Revenue Clean Productions amount which is get of room sale in one night where production of end result after lessened with tax and service . 13. Total Room Payable Amount of all room sale, but in calculate payment only.
Distribution list of front office o General Manager 57 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
o o o o o
Departemen Tata graha Akunting Marketing Food and Beverages Arsip
Statistik Hotel. Is description concerning level admission filling of room sale and status filled Foam of Statistical Bureau Center.. Obligation equip list of Satistik based on Code of Law No. 7,1960. This activity is one of the activity of routine between hotel with bureau center statistic and do not be imposed by any expense .
EXERCISES a. Make group in your class, and do this exercises ! 1. Group 1 : Make and count the room count sheet from this room rack 2. Group 2.: Continuing from group 1 , make and count the Room Recapitulation from room count sheet.
D. FORMATIVE TEST Elemen Class Majoring
: Record and report Front Office : III : Perhotelan
Multipel choice Selection one of the answer alternative said the word traverse ( X) at letter of a,b,c,d and of e in answer sheet . 1. List for guests check in today referres is..... ….. a. Departure book d. Guest history card b. Arrival book e. Expected arrival list c. Guest in the house 2. List for guests check out today referred is.......... a. Departure book d. Guest history card b. Arrival book e. Expected Departure list c. Guest in the house 3. List record all data guests who is stay in hotel on today referred is.......……... a. Departure book d. Guest history card b. Arrival book e. Expected Departure list c. Guest in the house 58 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
4. Room report status make before guest check in to giving details information about room status referred is…….. a. Departure book d. Guest history card b. Arrival book e. Room Report c. Guest in the house 5. When the best time for reception to make room report…….. a. Every morning before guest check out b. Every morning after guest check out c. Every afternoon before guest check out d. Every morning after guest check in e. Every day before guest check out 6. Summary about room status and sales in the that date referred is.........…. a. Room Count Sheet d. Guest history card b. Arrival book e. Room Report c. Guest in the house 7. Equipment for make room count Sheet is….... a. Reservation Rack d. Billing rack b. Room rack e. Key rack c. Information rack 8. Room Count Sheet making from....... a. Room report d. Guest in the house b. Arrival list e. Departure list c. Room Sales Recapitulation 9. Summary report room sales as long 24 hours and room statistic referred is…..… a. Room report d. Guest in the house b. Arrival list e. Departure list c. Room Sales Recapitulation 10. Total Rooms Occupied X 100 % The formula for…. ……. Total Rooms Available a. Total room Occupied to day d. Double Occupancy b. Net Revenue e.Total room Payable c. Single Occupancy 11. Amount of room sales X = …. The formula for….. Amount of room ready to sales a. Total room Occupied to day d Double Occupancy b. Net Revenue e.Total room Payable c. Single Occupancy 12. Amount guest – Amount of room stay X = ….. Amount of room stay This formula using for…..….. a. Total room Occupied to day d Double Occupancy b. Net Revenue e.Total room Payable c. Single Occupancy
59 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
13. Number of room Available = 100 Complimentary = 2 Number of room Sales = 98 Occupancy = 98 X 100 % = 98 % 100 In the top is formula for….……….. a. Total room Occupied to day d Double Occupancy b. Complimentary e.Total room Payable c. Single Occupancy 14. Net room revenue = …….. Number of guest In th top formula for……….. a. Total room Occupied to day b. Complimentary c. Single Occupancy
d Average room rate e.Total room Payable
15.Jumlah penghasilan bersih yang diperoleh dari penjualan kamar dalam satu malam dimana penghasilan tersebut merupakan hasil akhir setelah dikurangi dengan service and tax, disebut dengan….. a. Total room Occupied to day d Double Occupancy. b. Net Revenue b. Total room Payable c. Single Occupancy 16. Jumlah kamar yang terjual secara keseluruhan, tetapi yang dihitung hanya yang membayar saja. a. Total room Occupied to day d Double Occupancy b. Net Revenue e.Total room Payable c. Total room Payabel 17.Dibawah ini adalah Departemen lain yang diberikan laporan Kantor depan ….. kecuali….? a. Dept. Housekeeping d. Dept. Marketing b. Dept. Food and Beverages e. Security c. Dept. Akunting 18. Kewajiban melengkapi daftar Statistik tercantum pada…….. a. Undang-undang No. 7 tahun 1960. b. Undang-undang No. 8 tahun 1960. c. Undang-undang No. 9 tahun 1960. d. Undang-undang No. 7 tahun 1961. e. Undang-undang No. 7 tahun 1962 19. Dibawah ini adalah yang membuat daftar perkiraan keberangkatan tamu adalah…. a. Reception d. Telepohone operator 60 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
b. Reservation c. Information
20. …………………………… Report Type Registered Guest Sorted by Room Number Transcation Date 08/08/2007 Night Rec. CLERK/09 No. Register
No Roo m
Diatas ini adalah contoh bentuk format/buku untuk…… a. Arrival &Departure book d. Guest history card b. Room count sheet e. Room Report c. Guest in the house
ESSAY Jawablah pertanyaan-pertanyaan di bawah ini dengan singkat dan jelas ! 1. Sebutkan jenis catatan dan laporan yang ada di Front Office ? 2. Apa Perbedaan antara Arrival/depature list dengan Guest in the House? 3. Tuliskan rumus perhitungan Single Occupancy dan Double Occupancy ? 4. Apa yang dimaksud dengan Net Revenue dengan Total room Payable ? 5. Jelaskan kegunaan dari Statistik hotel !
E. LEMBAR KERJA SISWA a. Siswa melakukan praktik prosedur Membuatan laporan penghitungan kamar dan pendapatkan kamar pada suatu hari tertentu (Room Count Sheet) b. Siswa melakukan praktik prosedur pembuatan ringkasan penghitungan kamaf dan harga kamar (Room Sale Recapitulation) Alat Bahan
: Rak Status Kamar (Room Rack manual) : - Guest Slip - Room count sheet - Room Recapitulation
Langkah Kerja : A. Mengidentifikasi Rak status kamar B. Menghitung laporan keadaan kamar pada hari tertentu pada Room Count Sheet
61 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
BAB III PENUTUP
Melayani jasa akomodasi (Provide Accomadation Service) merupakan mata diklat yang harus diselesaikan atau menjadi prasyarat untuk dapat mngikuit kompetensi berikutnya yaitu Cashiering Kantor depan. Untuk mengikuit uji kompetensi ini, anda harus menjagukan pada fasilitator anda dengan membawa learning evidence yang selama ini anda kumpulkan. Setifikat uji kompetensi ini akan dikeluarkan oleh Assosiasi, apabila anda sudah mengikuti uji kompetensi ini maka dapat dinyakan lulus dan kompeten.
62 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
63 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti
64 Modul Provide Accomation Service SMKN 57 Jakarta by Oky Dewayanti