USER GUIDE Model F-3000A & B
8 in 1 Multi-Function Machine
USER GUIDE FOR ‘F-3000 SERIES’ EIGHT IN ONE INSTRUMENT
Ultrasonic massage An ultrasonic wave (with a frequency higher than 20,000Hz) is a type of ‘sound vibration’ that is inaudible to human hearing. This ‘ultrasound’ may be used on the dermis and epidermis with a wide range of excellent results. Its main use is prescribed product penetration, where the products are introduced to the tissue with ultrasonic waves. It increases both the uniformity and penetration delivery of prescribed products into the tissue and increase’s its therapeutic effect of the prescribed product accordingly. In the course of ultrasonic therapy, the intensity of the ultrasound is generally between 0.5-1.5W/cm2 (shown on the LED display between the Green & Yellow sections), with a treatment duration of around 10-15 minutes. 1. Mechanical function An ultrasonic wave acts on the body in the following way. By stimulating the body cells and the tiny micro-massage it produces. Expansion develops within the space in which the cells exist, causing movement of the cytoplasm, the rotation of mitochondria, and the vibration of the cell nucleus; which stimulates and expands the cell membrane. It improves local blood and lymph circulation and also increases the penetration depth of prescribed products, and thus their effectiveness. Ultrasound also helps to improve the metabolism and regeneration of body cells.
2. Warming and heating function The warming and heating action of ultrasound is one of its most important therapeutic factors. It is a kind of internal heat, with a temperature increase of approx 80%. This heat is dissipated by the blood circulation and is not felt by the client. This warming action can change the blood circulation and helps to reduce inflammation of the dermis. It is of great benefit prior to plastic surgery to reduce swelling, and after the healing process has progressed. It is useful in reducing post surgery puffiness and scarring. It produces a relaxing and comforting effect for the client. 3. Chemical function The biochemical function of ultrasound comes from the reaction to anabolism and catabolism. Anabolism – The process that converts substances into other components of the organisms chemical structure. Catabolism – The metabolic process by which cells convert substances into excreted compounds. i.e. the process of cell metabolism. Small doses of ultrasound treatments can help promote the synthesis of proteins within the cells, which can help to regenerate damaged or wounded tissue, thus promoting the synthesis of fibre cells in the body. In the process of anabolism and catabolism, the prescribed product is absorbed and utilized by the cells. The accelerated metabolism of the cells, changes the PH level of the skin to an increased alkaline state, which facilitates greater absorption of the prescribed products. The skin lightens and is visibly smoother, which means this process is particularly effective with whitening/lightening products used for all types of pigmentation problems.
4. Benefits • Creates heat and warmth which will relax tissue and muscles • Breaks down molecular structure of prescribed products, aiding penetration and absorption • Reduces swelling and puffiness • Helps to smooth and soften fine lines and wrinkles • Exfoliates the top layer of the skin • Improves blood circulation • Increases cellular regeneration • Has a healing and regenerative effect on wounds and inflamed tissue • Increases the moisture retention of the skin • Softens the thrombus (any blood clots within a vessel that partially or totally obstructs circulation.) • Improves acneic skin and reduces pore size • Gives the skin a healthy glow 5. Caution (during use) • Never use on dry skin. A medium must always be applied • Do not use on the stomach area of pregnant women • Do not use on people with pacemakers (any electrical or rhythmic heart regulating device) • Do not use on people with known heart conditions • Always use ultrasonic electrodes with sufficient media (moisturiser or serum on the skin) • Ultrasonic treatment is suitable for all skin types – the massage time and machine settings are varied for each of the different skin types. • For sensitive skins – reduce the treatment time to ‘3-5min’ and ensure the power setting is at its lowest level to start with. 6. Combining ultrasound treatments Ultrasonic exfoliation lends itself perfectly as an after treatment for micro-dermabrasion, glycolic and other peels. It removes dead cells and any leftover crystals, better than most cleansing techniques. You can help to speed up the healing and rejuvenation process of your client’s skin, by inducing water soluble products into the client’s skin with ultrasound after you have completed the cleansing process.
1. Ultrasound Treatments (product penetration) . The treatment of using both ultrasound & cosmetic products consists of, (a) the intensity of the ultrasonic wave, (b) the period of treatment and (c) course of treatment length. Points for attention during the course of the treatment are that the intensity for facial massage should be controlled between 0.5-1.25W/cm2 . . The period of the treatment for the entire face is generally between 5 and 15 minutes per treatment. However, prolonging each treatment will not multiply or improve its effectiveness. . The course length may be decided according to different skin conditions: acne 3-5 times, chronic issues, such as pigmentation or hyper-pigmentation, scars, acne rosacea, darkened eye-rim, eye bags, wrinkles etc, once every 2-3 days. One course usually consists of 10 sessions. Preventative treatment: 1 or 2 times every week. If the patient’s condition worsens during the specific treatment course, reduce the frequency of treatment (extend intervals between treatment) or reduce the intensity and extend the course of treatment. The interval between the each treatment should be 1-2 weeks. If the treatment required is over 3-4 courses, then the interval between treatments may be prolonged after the second treatment session.
. The ultrasonic massage instrument has two kinds of wave state. The first is a ‘successive’ (continuous) wave , and the second is a ‘pulse’ (intermittent) wave. The first is a continuous ultrasound wave; whose intensity has a remarkably beneficial effect on the skin. The second is an intermittent (short) pulsing of ultrasound waves which lasts for a tiny fraction of a second. Therefore the important characteristic’s of these ‘pulse’ waves is that, the heat generated is markedly reduced, so that the ‘mechanical action’ of the ultrasound wave can be brought into full effect without client discomfort. The choice of wave state is as follows: generally, the pulse (intermittent wave form) state is used for the inflamed tissue areas (redness etc.) or for use on dilated capillaries, while the continuous (constant wave form) state is suitable for all other treatment types.
. Method Ultrasonic treatment utilises direct ‘touching’ radiation. During the treatment, the ultrasonic head must be pressed against the surface of the skin. Please note a suitable conductive agent (prescribed product) should always be used between the ultrasound head and the skin. Never use on dry skin only. The ultrasound head (generator) should be gently and slowly moved over the treatment area in circular or linear (back and forth) motion, dependant on the size of area being treated. The machine output position should be between 0.5-2W/cm2 per second, as indicated by the green & yellow LED display situated on the front of the machine.
. Steps 1. Before treatment, cleanse/tone the treatment area with the prescribed skin type products. 2. Remove any product residue prior to steaming the face for 10 minutes. 3. Cleanse the treatment area again to remove any dirt or debris on the face (milia/porous secretions etc) so as to prevent the ultrasonic waves from pushing it back into the skin. 4. Gently tone over every part of the face (or treatment area) with the correct astringent. 5. After wiping off the astringent, the skin will be thoroughly cleansed for optimum protection. 6. After analysis of the face, carefully select the suitably prescribed product. 7. Apply a sufficient amount of prescribed product to the treatment area. 8. Plug in the machine to the mains and power up the unit. Push the “POWER” button and select the “ULTRASONIC” function; then adjust the intensity of the ‘output’ according to “U/Energy” LED display, generally in the green and the yellow section. Output may vary with skin quality, age, and tolerance of the patient. 9. Select the desired wave state, successive (continuous) wave ( ), or pulse wave ( ) according to the chosen treatment, by switching the “STATE” button. 10. Hold the ultrasonic probe firmly and begin to massage the treatment area to which the prescribed product has been applied. Treatment time should vary dependant on the size of the treatment area in question. A standard (whole) facial area should take 10-15 mins of repetitive massage 11. Wash and sterilise the ultrasonic head after each and every treatment.
. Notes 1. Always cleanse before treatment. 2. Always ensure adequate product is applied for 15 mins of treatment. 3. The heat output of the ultrasound generator corresponds directly to the power output selected. generally, lower output is used in facials and higher output for body treatments. Always confirm client comfort to ensure that the output (temperature) is not ‘too high’. 4. If the treatment area is small or sensitive, use the ‘eye’ probe and ensure the energy output should be limited between 0.5-0.75W/cm (the green LED’s on the “ENERGY” display). The treatment time may be reduced to 8-10minutes.
5. A treatment course is generally around 10 sessions in total, with a minimum rest period of 1 day between sessions. If other facial treatments are being conducted to the same area, a minimum rest period of 7 days should be observed between treatments. 6. If the ultrasound generator of choice does not appear to have an output, please check that the correct probe & output socket for the chosen treatment has been selected. 7. The ultrasound probes should be cleaned with clean water (not hot) using a clean soft cloth and then chemically sterilised using the appropriate sterilisation fluid. Dry the probe carefully after sterilisng and store safely in its holder on the trolley in between uses. NOTE: - do not immerse the probe in any fluid! Always sterilize the probes again prior to use with a ‘steri-wipe’ type product of your choice.
. CAUTION (during use) 1. Do not leave any of the ultrasound probes turned on whilst unattended, otherwise ‘over heating’ will occur and this may result in damage to the probe or reduction of its working lifespan. 2. Do not attempt to separate the stainless steel generator from its rubber holder (handle), any attempt to do so, may cause irreparable damage to the generator. 3. Do not attempt to open any attachment or machine. The machine and attachments have no user changeable parts. All items should be returned to your purchasing agent or authorised repair centre.
2. HIGH FREQUENCY . Theory The high frequency (H.F.) electrotherapy instrument generates a ‘high speed’ vibrating current, which converts to heat energy and kills bacteria creating a sterilizing effect on the skin. The current is so fast, it will not cause muscle shrinkage despite giving physical stimulation.
. Function a. b. c. d. e. f. g.
Accelerate blood circulation. Stimulate glandular activity. Help the skin for both, excretion and absorption. Promote increased metabolism. Kill dermal bacteria Generate heat ‘energy’ inside the dermal tissue. Help with the penetration of active substances (prescribed product) into deep tissue.
. Method 1) First choose the desired glass electrode and insert the metal cap end into the receiving slot (mouthpiece) of H.F handset, then push firmly inwards until the vontuse is fully connected. Glass electrode ‘areas of use’ a. Mushroom shaped electrode ---- for large areas of skin: face, forehead, neck, etc. b. Spade shaped electrode ---- for medium areas of skin: chin, etc. c. Ball shaped electrode ---- for small areas of skin: nose, etc. d. Straight electrode pipe ---- for indirect treatment.
2) Hold only the handle of the H.F. handset (try not to touch glass electrode with your hands or any
metal objects) and turn the “H/Energy” button to its minimum. Next, power on the “Hi-Frequency” unit and ensure the “H/Energy” button/dial is set to the minimum output setting again. Then touch the treatment area with the glass electrode. You may then, slowly adjust the “Hi-Frequency” dial and increase the output until a mild current is felt. If the face is covered with cream, mask or treatment gauze, move the glass electrode pipe in an upward direction from client’s neck, slowly slide up to the chin, then the cheek, nose and forehead, over lapping to ensure complete coverage. Note, that the electrodes may be changed as the treatment area changes. During the course of the treatment (or when changing electrodes) you should return to minimum output before slowly adjusting the “H/Energy” dial to the appropriate intensity required. The warmth generated in the tissue will give a comfortable and calming effect, whilst actively killing any bacterial presence on the epidermis. This is particularly effective for oily or Acne skin, to reduce secretion and tissue healing. At the end of the treatment, slowly reduce the “H/Energy” dial to the minimum output, and then ‘power off’ the “Hi-Frequency” switch before removing the electrode from the clients face.
. Indirect usage Firstly, select and insert the ‘straight’ glass electrode into the H.F. handset. Give the handset to the client ensuring they hold the ‘glass electrode’ and not the handset. Then, power on the “Hi-Frequency” function and then gradually increase “H/Energy’ level to the desired intensity. Then carryout the facial massage or treatment using the prescribed product as required. During the whole treatment process, ensure you do not touch or come into contact with the glass electrode being held by the client. When you have completed the treatment process, it is vital that the H.F. intensity level is returned to its minimum setting and that, the ‘power output’ is switched off before removing the glass electrode from the client. Indirect usage will accelerate and comfort the skin simultaneously.
. CAUTION (during use) a. The glass electrode may ‘arc’ when it is approx within 1”/ 2.5cm distance from the skin while the H.F. instrument is turned on. Please reduce the energy of H.F. whilst connecting with the skin. If the client still feels the ‘arc-ing’ and finds it disagreeable, you may cover the face with a small piece of dry cotton-gauze but do not use any nylon or synthetic (man made) fibres. b. To prevent ‘arc-ing’, always ensure the minimum output intensity is selected before touching the glass electrode to the client’s face. Then slowly increase the Hi-Frequency energy output as desired. c. Before taking away the glass electrode pipe from the skin, must twist the “H/energy” to minimum, then power off before removing from the skin. d. When inserting or changing the glass electrodes, always ensure the power output is turned to minimum and then, that the power is switched off. e. The Glass electrode must be kept clean & dry, and should be sterilised before & after each use. f. Clients must not be allowed to wear any metallic objects such as jewellry; all items should be removed prior to commencement of any treatment. g. High Frequency treatments should not be carried out on pregnant women, or any person using a pacemaker (any electrical or rhythmic heart regulating device). h. Any cream or products used with the H.F. machine for treatment must not contain any alcohol or spirit based substances, to prevent any chance of accidental combustion from ‘arc-ing’. i. Never touch the inner eye (eyeball) area with any H.F. electrode. j. Never touch any part of the ‘metal holder’ within the neck of the H.F. handset whilst the machine is powered on. If for any reason (eg; to tighten fixing) you need to touch the ‘holder’, power off the machine and ‘unplug’ the handset from the machine first.
3. GALVANIC INSTRUMENT . Contra-indications • Pacemaker (any electrical or rhythmic heart regulating device) • Pregnancy • Thrombosis/Phlebitis • Skin diseases • Operations (within last 6 months) • Silicone implants • Hypersensitive or vascular skins
. Iono theory The galvanic current is a constant and direct current (D.C.) rectified to a safe low – voltage level. This direct current flows in one direction only and has adjustable polarity. When current is flowing, one electrode will always be negatively charged and the other positively. Chemical changes are produced when this current is passed through certain solutions containing acids and salts. Chemical effects are also produced when a galvanic current is passed through the tissue and fluids of the body. The Galvanic machine: The galvanic machine has two important functions during a facial treatment. Its main function is to introduce water soluble products into the skin, and this process is called ionophoresis. When using a galvanic current, there are two poles with a selective negative (-) or positive (+) polarity output to choose from. Positive pole (ANODE) and Negative pole (CATHODE) • Produces acid reaction • Produces alkaline reaction • Soothes nerves • Stimulates nerves • Decreases blood supply • Increases blood supply • Hardens tissue • Softens tissue The positive pole may be used: • To close the follicles (pores) after the facial treatment • To decrease redness, as in mild acne. • To prevent inflammation after comedone and blemish treatment • To force acid pH solutions, such as astringent, into the skin. The negative pole may be used for the following conditions: • To stimulate the circulation of blood to dry skin. • To force desincrustation lotion (alkaline pH solution) into the skin. Do not use the galvanic current over an area with any broken capillaries.
Desincrustation: describes a process that softens and liquefies grease deposits which are accumulations of sebum in the follicles. This sebum is usually filled with dead cells, makeup and grease. In order to do a desincrustation treatment, an alkaline solution is used to penetrate the follicle and dissolve the debris. It is important to remove all traces of massage cream and cleanser from the skin before starting the desincrustation treatment, as any residual desincrusation lotion will emulsify the products and may force them into the follicles.
Ionisation: is the forcing of a solution or cream into the skin. The ions of electricity from the positive pole will pass through a moisturising cream or lotion that has been applied to the client’s face and assure deeper penetration of the product into the skin. In order for the ionisation to work properly, the cream or lotion applied to the face must be water soluble (o/w), such as moisturiser or ‘vanishing’ type cream. Heavy creams that do not dissolve in water (w/o) and leave an oily film on the skin will not penetrated due to their larger molecular structure.
. Method . Connect the required galvanic probes (roller or ball) to the output lead which is inserted in the galvanic output socket on the rear of the machine. Ensure this is done prior to switching on or powering up the machine. The client then holds the metal pole (where present), and the therapist holds the handle of the roller. . Changing polarity of the probes is done by adjusting leading in (+R) and leading out (-G) button. The treatment area must be cleansed and dried before penetrating any products into the tissue. Turn the electrode button to (+R). Now the probes are positive, whilst the indifferent pole is negative. You can then introduce the chosen product to the treatment area. You may then cover the probe (or face) with a piece of cotton or sponge that has your product on it, or you may use directly, with the probe onto the skins surface which is generously covered with the desired product. Whilst doing desincrustation, you should change the electrode polarity button to (-G), now the probe is negative while the indifferent pole is positive. Cover the probe with a piece of cotton or sponge that has been soaked in the alkaline solution (chosen astringent) before doing this treatment. This is done to balance the skin PH and aid in the breakdown and removal of debris & grease/oil from the skin. NB: ‘+ & R’ refers to positive and ‘R’ red LED whilst ‘- & G’ refers to negative and ‘G’ Green LED. . Power on “IONOS”, select the operational polarity for the treatment (+ or -), then turn the “I/Energy”
level to the minimum. Touch the treatment area with the probes, then slowly adjust the “I/Energy” level to appropriate intensity (usually where the client feels a mild tingling sensation). Smoothly slide the chosen probes over the treatment area. NB: When using a cotton or linen with the probes (or as a shroud) it should be noted that, the more moisture on the cotton or linen pads/mask, the more effective the treatment will be.
4. VACUUM & SPRAY. Vacuum - Use the small glass vacuum pipe with the desired attachment to aid with the extraction of black-head (comedone), white-head (milia), acne, dirt and grease etc.
- Use the spray bottle to spray toner, antipyretic or astringent lotion to diminish any visible areas of inflammation or redness, and to calm and comfort and the skin.
. Method 1. Comedone extraction: First turn on the “VAC-SPRAY” unit and connect the vacuum air pipe to the corresponding vacuum nozzle input on the machine. Then connect the other end of the pipe to the (chosen) small glass vacuum attachment. 4 x small glass vontuse attachments are included giving you the option to perform all types of facial vacuuming. It is advisable (for cleaning & machine longevity) to insert some absorbent cotton wool into the glass vacuum attachments to act as a ‘disposable filter’ stopping any dirt or debris from being vacuumed into the pipe, which will intern prevent anything entering the vacuum pump and prevent costly damage to the machine. The glass vacuum vontuse must not held in one position on the face too long, to prevent hematoma occurring on the face. Vacuum pressure is not instantaneous and may take a few seconds to build up when the pump is first switched on.
2. Spray: First turn on “VAC-SPRAY”, connect one end of the spray air pipe to the corresponding spray output nozzle on the machine, then connect the other end to the small spray bottle inlet nozzle. Two spray bottles are supplied so that they may contain different liquids for use in treatments. To operate the spray bottle, simply cover the ‘top’ vacuum nozzle with your index finger which will allow the release of the desired liquid from the spray canister. To stop the flow of spray, simply remove your finger from the nozzle and the vacuum seal will be broken. Always spray in a downward direction from the forehead during use. Care should be taken to prevent liquid entering the nasal cavities, and clients should be asked to close their eyes and mouth during this treatment. Maintain an adequate distance from the face whilst spraying so the effect is felt as a gentle mist landing on the skin.
. Notes Normal use should not last over 5 minutes, if your unit overheats due to prolonged use, switch off and allow a 10 minute ‘cool-down’ period before use again. Always switch the unit off immediately after use
. CAUTION Always ensure the spray pipe is on the correct nozzle at the machine to prevent ‘accidental’ vacuuming of the spray solution into the pump as this will damage your machine and invalidate your warranty. Do not work the vac/spray pump for extended periods without ‘cool-down’ time between treatments, to prevent over heating of the pump and damage to the machine.
5. BRUSH PEELING INSTRUMENT . Functions The epidermis, or surface part of the skin we can see, is made up of ‘stratum’ or layers, of which there are 5 in total. It is the ‘stratum corneum’ at the surface of the skin, and it is this layer that brush peeling addresses. Brush peeling is a mechanical exfoliation process which removes the outer dead cells of the skin. The life cycle of these cells is around 28 days from the stratum germinativum or ‘basal layer’ through the other layers up until their arrival at the skins surface were they die and are naturally shed. The mechanical removal or ‘exfoliation’ of these cells by brush peeling encourages the skins metabolism to carry out this process more effectively. Along with stimulating the skin, it also increases the oxygenation of the skin, which would otherwise become ‘blocked’ with dead cells waiting to be shed, together with the pollution and dirt from modern daily life.
. Method 1. Plug the connector of brush handset to the correct socket on the back of the machine. Then choose the appropriate brush head for the client’s skin type and push on to the handset ensuring the spindle is correctly aligned. In general, delicate or dry skins need the ‘soft-bristle’ brush heads, whilst combination or oily skin types would require the ‘stiff- bristle’ brush heads. 2. Turn on the power switch/button for the main machine unit. Then, turning the ‘Rotary Brush’ switch/button to the ‘ON’ position, the LED above the ‘Rotary Brush’ switch/button will illuminate and the machine is now on and in the standby mode ready for use. 3. Holding with a firm grip of the handset, begin adjusting the ‘R/Energy’ dial (or increase ‘+’ button). The function will start and the brush head with begin spin. The rotation speed will begin to increase in unison with the dial/button adjustments made by you. Whilst conducting the brush peel treatment, speed should be chosen according to the skin type, skin sensitivity, client comfort and type of product being used. (E.g. a coarse grain exfoliant would require a lower speed than a smooth product type.)
4. After completion of the brush peeling treatment, remove the ‘brush head’ and leave it to soak in a soapy solution for 5 minutes. Then remove the brush head and thoroughly rinse to remove all product traces. Then sterilise by either immersion in a chemical steriliser or by use of a UVC cabinet for at least half an hour. 5. The brush head may also be kept sterile between treatments by being stored in a UVC cabinet.
. Effects ‘treatment enhancement’ 1. Ensure the facial/treatment area in thoroughly cleansed. 2. Use of the ‘steamer’ or hot towels to open the pores and soften the face/treatment area prior to brush peeling. 3. After finishing the brush peeling session, cleanse to ensure no product residue remains. Then tone the skin with the appropriate product from your chosen skin care range, followed by a light moisturiser preferably with an SPF.
. CAUTION (during use) 1. Whilst the brush head is running, it is forbidden to use excessive pressure as this may cause discomfort to your client, and it will damage the ‘bristle’ brush heads and greatly reduce their lifespan. 2. Do not to use the brush peel unit with any acidic or alkaline based substances. 3. after each treatment, switch the power off and pull out the handset plug and return the handset to its holder on the trolley (after cleaning/sterilization). 4. Contraindications- Anyone who is suffering from hyper-sensitivity or has any known dermatological condition, must not be treated with the brush peel unit due to possible side effects or cross infection. 5. If the client has any broken or damaged capillary vessels in the treatment area or any skin injuries are present, do not treat with the brush peel system. 6. After each treatment the used brush head must be cleaned and sterilised immediately to prevent any possible hygiene/cross-contamination issues from occurring.
6. FACIAL STEAMER . Function 1. To soften the skin & necrotic cells prior to cleansing in any subsequent treatments. 2. Opening up the skin pore’s for deep cleansing & drawing debris to the surface. 3. Steam vapour- penetrates deep into the pores and aids the breakdown of grease, black-heads, make-up remnants as well as daily dirt and atmospheric pollution. 4. Steam vapour helps the skin to effectively release natural toxins. 5. Steam vapour helps to soften wrinkles prior to treatment. 6. Increase blood circulation, moisten the skin, improves metabolism and skin renewal. 7. Helps to treat acne, port wine stains, brighten and nourish the skin when used with herbs.
. Features This steamer has a metal casing; a double sheeted insulated base, stainless steel base, stainless steel water container and a copper vapour pipe. This makes for a compact and durable unit with a pleasant design. Its special stainless steel base provides enhanced stability and safety when the unit is hot. The unit’s components will not rust and therefore, no foreign matter can enter the water or steam unintentionally, which helps to avoid injury to the skin. The Steam nozzle is fully adjustable, and independently moveable of steamer arm. The steamer is equipped with a programmable timer for treatment duration. Has an automatic water level detector, which alarms if over filled or runs low of water, helping to prevent water spraying if the water level in over filled. The unit will automatically cut-out to prevent damage by ‘overheating’ should the unit be left unattended or misused by a user.
Assembly Firstly remove the steamer from its transportation packaging, including the cellophane hygiene bags. Take the Glass water vessel from its packaging and ensure the rubber water seal is fitted to the rim of the jar. It is advisable to wash the new water vessel thoroughly before its first use, with clean water only. Next mount the water vessel into its housing point around the heater element ensuring a snug fit before tightening the retaining adjuster from below. Then mount the steamer to the trolley mounting point by aligning the bayonet fitting into the receiving hole of the trolley. Once this has been done, take the power supply lead and insert into the indicated socket on the rear of the steamer. Then plug the power cord into the mains and switch on.
Application . Using the microcomputer herbal facial steamer F-300A 1. Remove the herb pot & filler cap and pour the distilled water into the water container. 2. The water level should be between the max and min limit displayed side of the jar. 3. For using herbal treatments, remove the herb pot from the filler housing and place a small amount of herbs in the metal dish in the bottom of the herb pot. Then replace the herb pot and the filler cap. Special care should be taken to ensure nothing (any herbs) gets into the water supply as ‘any contaminate’ in the water will cause splitting and may result in injury. 4. Switch on the “POWER” button. --- Timer window shows a preset “15” min (you may adjust as required). --- The energy output shows “ZERO”. --- The machine automatically detects the water level, and will not start if the water level is incorrect (it must be between the minimum and the maximum level marks). If the water level is within the safe limits, the machine will be able to be started. If it is wrong, an alarm sounds immediately and no functions will work until the correct water level is attained. 5. Adjust steam power level by pressing “ + ” or “ - ” keys under the “ENERGY” setting will take the steam output from “0 to 5”, of which “5” is the highest output. We suggest initially set the out to before the vapor sprays out of the pipe ,we suggest to choose “5” firstly, then adjust accordingly to the clients requirements 6. Time setting Pressing the “+”or “-” keys under “TIMER” to set time whose range is from “0-99”minutes. Default time is “15”minutes. Switch on the “OZONE” button --- The green lamp turns on. --- Ozone light operates. --- There is an ozone smell in the vapor along with a distinct increase in atomization. . Notes During operation, the water level will drop to the minimum limit, once reached, the machine will automatically turn off the heater element and lock (prevent use) all the keys except the ‘VAPOR’ button and is also accompanied by a constant buzzing alarm, which will continue until water is added to the normal level. Then repress the ‘VAPOR’ button to proceed with the re-starting of the steamer operation. After the preset working time is reached, the machine will switch off the “steam” automatically, and the steamer unit will buzz 5 times to indicate the chosen treatment time is finished. The preset time returns to default setting of 15 minutes. The machine then goes into stand-by mode and will not start until the cycle is repeated.
. Method 1. Remove the filler cap and herb pot; pour distilled water into the water container. The water level should be filled between the “MAX”& “MIN” level displayed on the jar. To use herbs for treatment, remove the filler cap and take out the herb ‘cage & jar’, place a small amount of herbs into the metal tray in the cage, then replace the herb cage and filler cap. Special care should be taken to ensure nothing (any herbs) gets into the water supply as ‘any contaminate’ in the water will cause splitting and may result in injury. 2. Plug in and switch on mains supply 3. Turn the “vapour” timer dial clockwise to the desired treatment time --- “vapour light” turns on. --- The heater starts to work. --- In about 6 minutes, steam vapor will come out from the arm nozzle. 4. Turn on the “ozone” switch (if desired) ---“ozone light” turns on. --- ozone light illuminates and starts working. --- You will notice an obvious ozone smell and an increase vapor atomization. During the working process, water in the cup will drop as the vapor sprays out constantly. When the water level reaches the low limit, please switch off the “VAPOR” button firstly, then switch off the power supply. Then, remove the filler cap & herb cage after the vapor stops. Refill with distilled water, switch on and return the timer to the desired time setting to resume operation. After the preset working time is reached, the machine will switch off the “steam” automatically and the unit will ‘ping’ from the timer bell to indicate the chosen treatment time has been reached. The preset time returns to default time of 0 minutes, and the machine then goes into stand-by mode and will not start until the cycle is repeated.
Skin types (recommendation) Greasy skin, poor blood circulation
Normal skin Sensitive skin, dry skin
Capillary vessel expansion, UV inflammation
CAUTION (during use) 1. Should height adjustment be required, you should tightly hold the stand pipe of the unit with one hand, then twist the tightening nut with another hand. Ensure the steamer is switched off during any adjustments, and is not pointing you or anyone else, so as to prevent injury. 2. The water vessel protector is used to prevent scalding by accidental touching the hot jar while working. Always ensure the protector is fitted and in place before use. 3. When installing/fitting the water container, do not fasten the container securing support too tightly, over tightening may damage the rubber jar ‘seal’ or shorten its lifespan. Over tightening may cause cracking of the glass water jar, and possible damage to the heater element. 4. The water level should be filled between the “MAX” & “MIN” level displayed on the side of the water vessel during use. Incorrect levels may result in injury. 5. When adding water via the filler cap, always unplug the unit from the mains supply. Care should be taken to avoid spillage and prevent leakage into the steamer housing and possible electrical shorting of the device. 6. If steam or water leakage is visible from the main housing during use. Switch off the “POWER” button immediately, and disconnect from the mains power supply. Then remove the water container and check to ensure rubber seal is seated properly, then reinstall it Also check the main filler cap housing to ensure the seal is correctly fitted. If nothing is improved, please consult the sales agent. 7. When operating the steamer, the nozzle must not be aimed at client’s face until the vapor has begun to spray out thinly and evenly, keeping a minimum distance of 40 cm from the face, the vapour should be sprayed between the client’s jaw and neck area, to the top of the face/hairline. 8. Since the ozone (when used) kills skin bacteria, it is not recommended for use over a prolonged time, the usage times should be according to the client skin types (see below). 9. During continuous use, when water level falls below the low limit the following will occur:F-300A the machine will automatically turn off the heater element, at freeze the function of all the buttons keys, except the “VAPOR” button. This will be accompanied with a constant buzzing alarm, which will not stop until the water is added to the normal level. Then repress the ‘VAPOR’ key to proceed with operation. NEVER attempt to use the steamer with no water in the vessel, as damage may occur to the unit. F-300B the machine will automatically turn off the heater element by cutting off the power supply. Unless the timer unit has completed its cycle, add some water to continue operation. The machine will automatically resume steaming in approximately 1-3 minutes after adding water. NEVER attempt to use the steamer with no water in the vessel, as damage may occur to the unit. 10. The steamer/machine should only be used with an earth grounded mains supply.
WARNING Do not use any substance other than distilled water in your steamer unit water vessel, doing so will change the way the boiling process occurs and any ‘contamination’ will cause the steamer unit to spit or spray scalding water. Due care should be taken when using essential oils or herbs, so as not to contaminate the water used for steaming, as injury’s may occur due to accidental or negligent contamination during use. 1. NEVER point the vapour jet directly down onto the client’s face, as scalding may occur. 2. NEVER use the steamer unit in humid or unvented environments, such wet rooms or bathrooms etc. To prevent damage to the electrical components of your unit. 3. NEVER use the steamer outside, exposure to the elements will cause damage. 4. NEVER bridge the safety cut-out probes beneath the steamer housing, as this will damage the heater element and steamer circuitry (For F-300A). 5. NEVER attempt to open the steamer casing/housing yourself. As it contains no user serviceable components. Always consult a qualified technician, or for further information contact your sales agent for advice on returns and repairs.
MAINTENANCE It is advisable to clean your steamer at least once a week, preferably to also include descaling of the water heater element. Once the steamer unit is cold the water vessel should be removed and filled with the appropriate descaling /water solution and left to stand overnight. Then remove the water vessel and rinse with clean water to expel any descaling agent residue. Then refill with water and run the steamer through a minimum of one run cycle, to remove any remaining residue from the steamer unit. Then remove the water vessel and rinse as before. Refill with water and you are then ready for use. Failure to remove all descaling residue may result in ‘spitting’ of the steamer. If this occurs, simply repeat the rinse and refill proceedure until the issue is resolved. Although the steamer unit has an automatic low level cut out system. It is advisable to regularly check the water level during operation. By pre-empting the activation of the safety cut out, you will extend both the time between cleaning, and also the longevity of the steamers heater element. Failure of the heater element due to incorrect operation or by lack of cleaning will invalidate your product warranty.
7. COLD MAGNIFYING LAMP Function The main uses of the magnifying cold lamp are for both diagnosis and checking of the various small post treatment transformations to the skins surface, which are not visible to the naked eye. Any such changes can be identified in a timely fashion, and appropriate measures can be taken through ongoing treatment procedures to help keep the skin in its best condition. Due to the unique design and its magnifying function, it may also be used in a variety of beauty treatments such as epilation, false eyelash application, threading and overall skin diagnosis. The magnifying lamp is also suitable for permanent and semi-permanent make-up application (tattooing) etc.
. Method 1. Insert the electrical mains supply plug to the appropriate socket on the rear of the machine unit. 2. Turn on the power switch, turn the magnifying lamp towards the skin surface area which is to be checked or operated over. 3. Adjusting the distance between the magnifying lamp and skin, to focus the lamp to optimal viewing conditions, or the required focal length. 4. Then conduct the required treatment/inspection. When finished, switch of the lamp and return to its upright storage position for next use.
. CAUTION (during use) 1. Always stow the lamp in its upright position when not in use. 2. Always switch of the power (on/off) button after use. 3. Always ensure the lamp lens is kept clean, and check before each use. Where possible, cover the lamp lens when not in use, to avoid dust settling on the lens and obscuring your vision. 4. The lamp should periodically be checked, to ensure the tensioning adjusters are tight to prevent the lamp from falling when unsupported. The tensioner’s should not be ‘overtighened’, but should be sufficiently adjusted to enable the lamp to be positional without intervention or support.
General notes It should be noted that all items on your F3004 series work station are CE approved and are only for use by competent or qualified professionals, as per your required regional or country legislation currently in effect. It is recommended that you should annually have your unit checked (PAT tested or equivalent) by a competent technician to ensure continued safe working practices. We recommend that you regularly (minimum of once weekly) inspect all trailing leads and power cables to ensure no accidental damage has occurred during use. By being proactive it this matter, you will help to continue the safe use and longevity of your work station unit and accessories. We recommend that when not in use, your work station has all cables and attachments securely stowed on the trolley unit and were possible, to prevent tripping hazards, and that the unit is stored in a suitable location to prevent accidental damage by other items of salon furniture and equipment. Your work station is covered by its manufacturing warranty, against component or material defects and should you encounter any user issues, you should unplug the workstation from the mains power supply and immediately contact your sales agent/supplier for further advice. Do not use your work station if you are unsure of any of its operations or features, to prevent accidental damage or injury. Never under any circumstances try to open or inspect any of the machines or accessories. Should an inspection of any item be required, you should contact your supplier or a suitably competent technician to do so. There are no user serviceable parts with your F-3000 series workstation. Any repairs or alterations made to your F-3000 series workstation by unauthorized persons will invalidate your manufacturer’s warranty and will render you liable in full for the cost of any repairs, whether covered by the original warranty period or not. Any machines not bearing the original manufacturer’s serial numbers will invalidate their warranty. Where the manufactures warranty has been invalidated for whatsoever reason, any repair costs incurred will be chargeable in full. This will include making ‘whole’ any returned items missing their originally supplied attachments, which will then be charged at the applicable retail rates.
Warranty Procedure 1 - The warranty on all Cosmetronic equipment is 12 months from the date of invoice and covers the products against defects in materials and workmanship or component defect (Unless superseded by an extended warranty agreement). This warranty is non transferable and applies to the original purchaser only. 2 - No product repairs or component replacement will take place unless all/any amounts owed to Cosmetronic for the said goods have been paid for in full, prior to any repairs. 3 - All extended warranty policies must be paid in full prior to dispatch of goods and will extend the above cover (No 1) by a further 2 or 4 years, to a maximum of 5 years including the first free year. 4 - Before returning any product to Cosmetronic UK Ltd for repair or replacement you must first: - Endeavour to establish cause of product fault (e.g.. check fuses etc.). - Notify Cosmetronic of any fault development within 24 hrs of its occurrence. - Contact a member of our technical service dept (95% of faults can be rectified over the telephone). - Obtain an RMA (return material authorisation) from a member of Cosmetronic. - Package the goods to include all parts or accessories received with that item. - Any item received incomplete for repair will be made complete and all relevant parts charges added to repair. - Pack the goods to be returned in sufficient packaging as to prevent any damage occurring in transit, as Cosmetronic will not be held liable for damage to products due to insufficient packaging. - Clearly address the returned goods with our full postal address and RMA code. 5 - All goods returned to Cosmetronic without the correct RMA authorisation will be refused. 6 - No goods will automatically be replaced, when the faulty item can be repaired within a reasonable time span (except items deemed unserviceable on arrival). Goods will be replaced at the discretion of Cosmetronic when it is deemed that all/any goods are beyond economic repair. Items of loan equipment may be given at the discretion of the management and subject to delivery/collection charges, together with a refundable deposit. 7 - Cosmetronic will not be held liable for any momentary lack of stock, or technical resource, or any other circumstance beyond its control that may delay any component replacement or repair. Cosmetronic will not be held liable for any special, incidental, consequential damages resulting from a breach of warranty, or under any other legal theory, including but not limited to loss of profit or good will, downtime, damage to or any products, treatments used in conjunction with its products. Purchase implies your acceptance of Cosmetronic terms & conditions. 8 - When our service department cannot determine any fault or malfunction with the goods returned, you may be liable for any administration and testing costs. 8a- When goods returned are not in a merchantable (dirty or unhygienic) condition, they will be made to merchantable quality again, and cleaning costs will be charged where necessary. 9 - All goods returned will be at the owner’s risk. Cosmetronic will not be held liable for any damage or loss to goods whilst in transit. 10 - Carriage costs are at the owners expense for both collection & return freight costs. All goods will be carried via Cosmetronic nominated couriers unless specified. Any goods in transit insurance required must be requested prior to collection/dispatch. 11 - No repaired goods will be released until any costs relevant to that repair (unless under warranty) have been settled in full, this will include all carriage/freight costs. 12 - Call out/on-site repairs will be carried out as soon as is physically possible and charged at a cost of £ POA. The charge is based on the original delivery address of the product when purchased. This charge is payable in full, prior to any on site attendance. This charge will not include travel expenses (fuel, parking, toll charges etc.) but, will include labour and the parts replacement of electrical or motorised mechanical components, to include electrical motors, foot control boxes, system control boxes but does not include optional extras such as Vibro or Thermo heat functions. The call out repair charge will not cover items deemed as natural “wear & tear” such as upholstery etc. The call out charge will not cover damage by accident, misuse, or misapplication, or if the product has been modified without permission. Any serial numbers removed or displaced will also result in warranty invalidation. Proof of purchase will be required before any repairs carried out. 13 - Warranty call out, or on-site repairs, will be charged as per the prevailing rate (POA), terms and conditions, but will be refunded once established that any fault is covered under and within the warranty period and criteria.
F-3000 series 8 in 1 multi-function work station. Comprises High Frequency, Galvanic/Ionophoresis, Ultrasound Massage, Vacuum/Spray, Brush P...