CMH European Bachelor in International Hospitality and Tourism Management 2010 – 2011 Professional Project
CREATION OF MAGIC CHAMELEON HOTEL IN DALAT IN VIETNAM
Harvesting - oil painting of Le Ba Dang. (Photo : Nguyen Eichholzer Frédéric)
Presented by : NGUYEN EICHHOLZER Frédéric Phone : 00 33 142507428 Cellphone : 00 33 625314146 Email : email@example.com Deposit date : November 12th, 2010
At first, I would like to thank Mr. Alain HERMELIN and all my professors in CMH Paris, who taught me the art of hospitality and tourism, and helped me to have a large view of hospitality and tourism. Then I would like to thank CETRAD PARIS Consulting, Mr. Jacques RENAUD, who gave me an enriching experience during my internship. Finally I would like to thank CETRAD VIETNAM, Mr. Hong Giap NGUYEN, who encouraged me to choose my idea of creation of Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat in Vietnam as the subject of my professional project. For me it is important to participate in the development of tourism and hospitality of Vietnam. I am grateful to everyone mentioned above for providing me with help and information necessary for my work on this project.
Frédéric NGUYEN EICHHOLZER
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CREATION OF MAGIC CHAMELEON HOTEL IN DALAT IN VIETNAM
Part 1: Presentation of the concept of Magic Chameleon Hotel : 1. Hotel type of Magic Chameleon page 6 2. The new concept of Magic Chameleon page 6 3. The originality of Magic Chameleon Hotel page 8 4. The inspiration of Magic Chameleon Hotel page 13 5. The creation of Magic Chameleon Hotel page 15 6. Why a Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat in Vietnam? page 21 7. The factors for the implantation of Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat in Vietnam ( PESTL analysis: political, economic, social, technological, legal factors.) p. 27 Part 2 : Analysis of the hospitality market in Dalat in Vietnam : 1. Analysis of the hospitality market in Vietnam page 34 2. Analysis of the hospitality market in Dalat page 36 3. Hospitality competition in Vietnam page 36 4. Hospitality competition in Dalat page 37 Part 3 : The strategic development of Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat : 1. Structural type of the Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat page 38 2. Realization of the concept in Dalat page 39 3. Equipments page 42 4. Human resources page 43 5. Pricing strategy page 44 6. Project cost page 46 7. Investissement plan page 46 8. Projected cash flow statement page 47 9. Risk factors page 47 Part 4 : Marketing Plan and Communication : 1. The promotions page 48 2. Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel Internet site page 50 3. Publicity page 50 4. Direct marketing page 50 5. References with the Tour Operators and the Travel Agencies page 51 6. Official opening page 51 4
L’idée de créer l’hôtel Caméléon Magique à Dalat au Vietnam m’est parvenue par l’objectif principal de faire découvrir les richesses culturelles et la beauté du Vietnam en général et de la région de Dalat en particulier, ainsi que l’hospitalité de sa population, tout en participant à l’exploitation et à la protection de l’environnement, en particulier de la nature du haut plateau de Lam Vien où se situe Dalat. Je me donne comme mission de promouvoir la région de Dalat à la clientèle locale et à l’étranger, d’accueillir les touristes dans un magnifique hôtel de charme fantastique, que j’ai baptisé Caméléon Magique par son côté original change-décor (nous verrons plus tard tous les détails de ce « change-décor » new look), magique par une adaptation de confort inattendue, par sa force de surprendre en design, par son côté fou et fantastique des « alliances » (nous verrons plus tard tous les détails de ces « alliances ») permettant d’emmener le client dans le rêve, le satisfaisant aussi par la gastronomie, par les loisirs, afin de faire connaître les multiples facettes de la culture locale, et de proposer un panel d’activités directement liées aux charmes de la région. Ma philosophie est de promouvoir un tourisme respectueux de l’environnement. Aussi utiliserai-je des innovations technologiques modernes pour réduire l’impact sur l’environnement. Je veux participer à une véritable prise de conscience écologique dans la région de Dalat. Je veux participer au développement et à la conservation du haut plateau de Lam Vien, qui est un joyau naturel du Vietnam. Ayant vécu de longues années au Vietnam et à Dalat en particulier, je veux proposer un genre d’hôtel capable d’attirer la clientèle locale, qui est aussi une nouvelle et jeune clientèle ayant un pouvoir d’achat en croissance, et désirant s’amuser, consommer sur place, découvrir sur place. Ainsi j’ose leur proposer de redécouvrir la culture locale mais en s’amusant! Ce côté plaisant est très important pour le peuple vietnamien (nous analyserons les raisons plus tard). Il va de soi d’analyser le marché hôtelier vietnamien en général et le marché hôtelier dalatois (de Dalat) en particulier, afin d’en tirer une stratégie de développement plus efficace pour notre hôtel Caméléon Magique. Je porte aussi une extrême importance sur le plan marketing et la communication à faire, afin d’assurer le bon fonctionnement de l’hôtel Caméléon Magique de Dalat. Le but de créer l’hôtel Caméléon Magique à Dalat au Vietnam n’est non seulement commercial, mais il est aussi dans l’envie d’offrir un grand bonheur de détente sur place, ayant l’objectif d’un épanouissement culturel, et la réalisation d’un concept hôtelier permettant aussi le rapprochement, la compréhension et la coopération des peuples du monde.
NGUYEN EICHHOLZER Frédéric
PART 1 : PRESENTATION OF THE CONCEPT OF MAGIC CHAMELEON HOTEL 1. Hotel type of Magic Chameleon : Imagine three giant pyramids of glass placed on a hill, near the forest. The first pyramid has a height of 50 meters, the second pyramid has a height of 40 meters and the third pyramid has a height of 30 meters. The three pyramids represent the mountain Tam Son of Vietnam (in vietnamese,“Tam” means “three” and “Son”means “mountain”). The mountain Tam Son means also “mountain of spirit”, a symbol in the vietnamese culture. Imagine these three giant pyramids with 120 luxurious rooms.
I create the Magic Chameleon Hotel as a luxury resort because it is a place used for relaxation and recreation, attracting visitors for holidays and vacations. Magic Chameleon Hotel is a splendid five stars hotel. Magic Chameleon Hotel boast many visitor activities and attractions such as golf, watersports, spa and beauty facilities, natural ecology and tranquility. The strength of Magic Chameleon Hotel is based on changing room decor, culture and fantastic. Magic Chameleon Hotel offers for the clients the possibility to stay in beautiful rooms which can change scenery. 2. The new concept of Magic Chameleon : Luxury changing room decor : It is the star attraction of Magic Chameleon Hotel. Fashion is a matter of pace, itineraries. Only large cities, could harbor an explosive mix of styles, can mark the trend. And for that we need people eager for new, always at the heart of the action and on the lookout for any innovative project, as radical as it is. Hotels are usually at the forefront of design. It is the case of Magic Chameleon Hotel. The latest design is in Magic Chameleon Hotel. New materials and exotic woods. Chromatic daring compositions on metal, plastic and even gold leaf. Eclecticism or interesting revisions of minimum ... Sometimes a dose of sophistication that manages to make the lamps look more modern and abstract sculpture that looks like a restaurant menu in the catalog of a museum, whose dishes are works of art. 6
Magic Chameleon Hotel is a beautiful hotel that combines chic and trendy design and modernity. The rooms are spacious, the amenities are trendy and the decor is original. The hotel also serves as an art gallery, where many works are exhibited in the rooms. All rooms are spacious and feature high ceilings, large beds, duvets and pillows and cotton sheets for you to have a good night. The rooms feature private marble bathrooms with separate shower and toilet. You can also watch a movie on the TV screen and LCD TVs. The Hotel phones are equipped with the following features: speakerphone, caller ID, voice mail and data port. You also have access to wireless broadband Internet. In each room you have a dashboard with customizable buttons for various settings of the room. For example if you love the sea, a sea decor is offered for your room with a big screen projecting images of the ocean, beach paradise, coconuts, or scuba diving, with fishes of all colors of enthusiasm swim. Or whales, dolphins, sharks, like you're underwater, at sea. If the day you wish to change your room decor, you just press a button on the dashboard to get the scenery of a lush jungle vegetation, a waterfall, lions, tigers, elephants, zebras, gazelles ... Or you can schedule another set of wild river with hippos, crocodiles, water currents enough to impress you and turn your bed into makeshift raft! Twenty see thirty different designs are available to satisfy your desire to change at any time the look of your hotel room. That is why the hotel is called Magic Chameleon Hotel. The effect of scene is based on the screens on all the walls of the room, around the bed, and thanks to the play of light, sound and play as special effects. Thanks to this new technology, in the future it is possible to program up to a hundred different designs in each room of Magic Chameleon Hotel. Luxury changing restaurant decor : In the hotel there are several restaurants offering excellent dishes from south-east asia and the world. There are numerous elements that contribute to the success of a restaurant, one of them being is the restaurant design. Restaurant design that sells! Like the rooms, hotel restaurants of Magic Chameleon Hotel may change their mind at any time. A first decor is offered to customers, then a second decor during lunch to entertain the guests, depending on the theme of the evening. The theme of the evening can be a sumptuous meal worthy of a thousand and one nights, or a Roman banquet or dinner by candlelight in a setting of a castle. The restaurant staff is trained to dress up and adapt to any situation. The atmosphere, music, all tangible and intangible elements honor the event and of course the gastronomy. The three giant pyramids of glass change colors and images : The three giant pyramids of glass will play a very important attraction role by changing their colors, because from afar they look like beautiful three diamonds. With their height, they can be seen below. The pyramids like the pyramids of Egypt, one of the cradles of human civilization. The pyramids of Egypt, all the monumental remains that we have inherited from the ancient Egyptians, including three Great Pyramids of Giza, are both more impressive and more emblematic of this civilization. If it was in its origin, intended for the king, the idea of a burial pyramid was quickly picked up by relatives of the sovereign. Khufu may have been the first to allow its women to be raising such a tomb. Tombs of kings, queens and great men of the state, whose construction dates back to the great majority in the Old Kingdom, the pyramid-shaped stone hosts one or more internal chambers connected by corridors. The Great Pyramid of Giza, built 7
by Khufu, is one of seven wonders of the ancient world. Throughout history, these massive stone structures have excited the imagination of people. The main reason may be that rarely in history, the factors which made their construction will not meet again: a theocratic power Almighty, a country rich and prosperous, a labor of implement large, highly developed administration and a large empirical knowledge. In these circumstances it is more rewarding to contemplate these civilizations "Wonderland", to assign them an origin extraordinary than admit its own limitations. Egyptology nascent nineteenth century asking more questions than it could provide answers, modern myths have quickly filled the holes they had left. It will take many years for Egyptologists to break down these myths one by one, but nonetheless, they remain very much alive in contemporary culture. This concept is very interesting because it has the attractive side, perspective curiosity, cultural, architectural beauty, simultaneously ancient and futuristic! These three pyramids will form giant mirrors or headlights to attract customers. Building pyramids in Vietnam by the cultural significance will attract many customers because the meaning of the pyramid is very near to the sense of the sacred mountains “Tam Son”, spiritual symbol of Vietnam. There are also pyramids in many civilizations of the world such as the Incas, Mayas, Chinese…It's also marketing. 3. The originality of Magic Chameleon Hotel : The originality of Magic Chameleon Hotel is the culture concept and the fantastic concept. The culture concept : Customers will be in a setting inspired by local customs and discover foods and activities they can not find anywhere else. Magic Chameleon Hotel should be promising tourism. It should value the culture and especially the culture of Vietnam. The tourist who arrives for his first stay in Vietnam will probably want to know more local culture. It is in this sense that Magic Chameleon Hotel thought the representation of cultural works to improve the culture of Vietnam [ 1 ](See Appendix 1). We should find in Magic Chameleon Hotel, paintings, sculptures, statues, handicrafts of Vietnam. The culture of Vietnam is agricultural civilization based on rice cultivation. It is one of the oldest in Asia. Vietnam has been Chinese for over 1000 years. It was deeply influenced by the Chinese culture but also other less important influences, those of India, Champa and France. We can find the traditional culture of Vietnam around the specificity of the scriptures, worship of ancestors, the festival of Tet [ 2 ](See Appendix 2), some women of heaven and earth, the gastronomy, dance and music…Vietnamese music dates back to very ancient times. This art plays an important role in the lives of Vietnamese. A large number of songs and music are part of the cultural tradition of Vietnam. They include songs for children as well as songs for rituals and festivals. The musical heritage also has poems and love songs. Some tunes are performed by groups and others accompany the plays. Historical events have greatly influenced Vietnamese culture with the integration of different musical genres. Traditional music has played an important role in the lives of Vietnamese. Today, it still occupies an important place in their spiritual life. Some types are still part of cultural life in rural areas. In the second century, the Vietnamese knew already using gold and silver for making jewelry. Vietnamese myths and legends give you unverified stories handed down from ancient times and reflect Vietnamese culture in depth, read and enjoy! Vietnamese food and recipes are beef, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetarian, appetizers, salads, soups, desserts, drinks and sauces. 8
Culture is that invisible bond, which ties the people of a community together. It refers to the pattern of human activity. The art, literature, language and religion of a community represent the communityâ€™s culture. Culture manifests itself through the lifestyle of the individuals of a community. The moral values of the people of a community also represent their culture. The importance of culture lies in its close association with the living of the people. The different cultures of the world have brought in diversity in the ways of life of the people inhabiting different parts of the world. The language, other forms of expression as also the thoughts and emotions of the people, their social and cultural norms, their principles and beliefs are the basic elements of culture. For an effective transfer of culture from one generation to another, it has to be translated in terms of symbols, which represent the cultural values of a community. Language, art and religion form the system of symbols that render a deep meaning to culture. There are an abundance of ethnic groups throughout Asia, with adaptations to the climate zones of Asia, which can subtropical or tropical. The region of Southeast Asia has been greatly influenced by the cultures and religions of India and China as well as the religions Islam and Christianity from Southwest Asia. Southeast Asia has also had a lot of Western influence due to the lasting legacy of colonialism. Vietnamese culture may be still mysterious and unknown to most people outside the country. Today, more and more people are going to Vietnam for traveling and trading. Getting to know Vietnam and Vietnamese culture is interesting and fascinating. The richness of Vietnam's origins is evident throughout its culture. Spiritual life in Vietnam is a grand panoply of belief systems, including Confucianism, Taoism, Buddhism, Christianity, and Tam Giao (literally â€œtriple religionâ€?), which is a blend of Taoism, popular Chinese beliefs, and ancient Vietnamese animism. The most important festival of the year is Tet, a week-long event in late January or early February that heralds the new lunar year and the advent of spring. Celebration consists of both raucous festivity (fireworks, drums, gongs) and quiet meditation. In addition to Tet, there are about twenty other traditional and religious festivals each year. Today there are about 85 million people in Vietnam. Eighty percent of these are ethnic Vietnamese, while the remaining twenty percent comprises more than fifty separate ethnic groups. About seven million of these ethnic minorities are members of the hill tribes or montagnards (French for mountain people), making their homes and livelihoods in the spectacular mountains of the north and central highlands. Among the many languages spoken in Vietnam are Vietnamese, Chinese, English, French, and Russian. As a language, Vietnamese is exceptionally flexible and lyrical, and poetry plays a strong role in both literature and the performing arts. Folk art, which flourished before French colonization, has experienced a resurgence in beautiful woodcuts, village painting, and block printing. Vietnamese lacquer art, another traditional medium, is commonly held to be the most original and sophisticated in the world. Music, dance, and puppetry, including the uniquely Vietnamese water puppetry, are also mainstays of the country's culture. Vietnamese architecture expresses a graceful aesthetic of natural balance and harmony that is evident in any of the country's vast numbers of historic temples and monasteries. The preeminent architectural form is the pagoda, a tower comprised of a series of stepped pyramidal structures and frequently adorned with lavish carvings and painted ornamentation. Generally speaking, the pagoda form symbolizes the human desire to bridge the gap between the constraints of earthly existence and the perfection of heavenly forces. Pagodas are found in every province of Vietnam. One of the most treasured is the Thien Mu Pagoda in Hue in the Center of Vietnam, founded in 1601 and completed more than two hundred years later. In North Vietnam, the pagodas that serve as the shrines and temples of the Son La mountains are 9
especially worth visiting. In South Vietnam, the Giac Lam Pagoda of Ho Chi Minh City is considered to be the city's oldest and is notable as well for its many richly-carved jackwood statues. The three pyramids of Magic Chameleon Hotel represent the three regions of Vietnam: the North, the Center and the South. Itâ€™s an excellent idea to attract Vietnamese customers.
Although rice is the foundation of the Vietnamese diet, the country's cuisine is anything but bland. Deeply influenced by the national cuisines of France, China, and Thailand, Vietnamese cooking is highly innovative and makes extensive use of fresh herbs, including lemon grass, basil, coriander, parsley, laksa leaf, lime, and chili. Soup is served at almost every meal, and snacks include spring rolls and rice pancakes. The national condiment is nuoc mam, a piquant fermented fish sauce served with every meal. Indigenous tropical fruits include bananas, pineapples, coconuts, lychees, melons, mandarin oranges, grapes, and exotic varieties like the three-seeded cherry and the green dragon fruit.
The green dragon fruit of Vietnam
The interior of the Magic Chameleon Hotel will follow the Vietnamese culture: selection of paintings, statues, colors, furniture, carpets, flowers, clothes of the staff, music, gastronomy ... The cultural concept is here to satisfy the Vietnamese customers and also international tourists who like to discover Vietnamese culture. But the cultures of the world can be highlighted also each week or each month with a different country for each time. The presentation of other cultures will be in the form of exhibitions, theme parties, galas, festivals, events, shows with dance and music... The fantastic concept will ensure the presentation of the other cultures of the world in Magic Chameleon Hotel. The fantastic concept : The fantastic concept is the star concept of Magic Chameleon Hotel. Thanks to the button panel in each room of the hotel, guests can schedule the decor of their room. This means that the decor of each room is chosen according to the wish of each client: the decor may be Vietnamese, Asian, European, American, African ... This means that the cultural concept is introduced in each chamber in order to customer satisfaction. The foreign customer travel to Vietnam to discover Asian culture, but returned to his room, he has quite the opportunity to relive his own culture or another culture he wants. The change of scenery rooms is done miraculously by the screens in each room, as well as lighting, sound systems, special effects, and plunging the customer in a setting of the Sahara, or the North Pole, or under the sea, or in a futuristic planet. The customer can choose and set the stage for his room himself. The customer can also change nothing of the original decor if they wish. In this case, an Asian decor is presented, representing views and landscapes of Vietnam. This initial setting of Vietnam itself is adjustable. On customer's request at the time of booking, the decor of his room can be a landscape of the old Vietnamese Tonkin, or the Mekong Delta, or a very Zen decor, very exotic gardens of Vietnam, or decoration of a Champa Temple... All is possible in Magic Chameleon concerning the change of room decor to satisfy the customer.
A splendid decoration of Champa Temple is possible in the room of Magic Chameleon Hotel 11
The fantastic concept is also in the restaurants of Magic Chameleon Hotel. Guests will be happy to see a setting program animated by the chef operator of the restaurant decor. As a cinematographer, this person will change the decor of the restaurant according to the specific theme of the evening or of the lunch. For example, if a banquet is held for a group of tourists seeking incentive on the theme of fauna and flora of Vietnam, a sumptuous decor of the exotic jungle of Vietnam, with exotic flowers of all colors, will appear on screens attached to the walls of the restaurant. Beautiful birds, beautiful butterflies appear and accompany the guests during their meals. These pictures are all virtual images but they like as the reality thanks to the amazing quality of light screens. The restaurant clients have the impression of being really in the atmosphere of the decor. During the meal, the scenery can change colors, subjects, for example a blue sky can appear with a beautiful blue sea and waves in a romantic beach, palm trees... The restaurant is also equipped with air freshener to increase sea the realism and thus give customers a sense of reality surprising. It is not necessary to change all time the decor of the restaurant. This operation depends on the full demand of the tourist groups. Normally, if there is no group of tourists seeking a decoration on a specific theme for the meal, the decor of the restaurant is set on a beautiful landscape scenery of Vietnam, for example scenery of Halong Bay. It is quite possible that screens off to reveal the true outdoor setting of the hotel which is a magnificent panorama of Dalat: green valley of dream, waterfall, exotic flowers... Treating the decoration of the restaurants of the hotel is very important to attract customers. The design and style of tables, chairs, lamps, ceiling, floor... are a priority. The promotion of the hotel will be effected by promoting the restaurants. Itâ€™s very important. The originality of the hotel rests on so the restaurants. Apart from the fantastic change of scenery of the restaurants of Magic Chameleon Hotel at any time thanks to a brilliant manipulator system, the hotel's restaurants will feature new technology: for example, the customer can press a button installed on the table to call the boy at any time or even to command food, cocktails, wines, drinks ... So the service will be faster, more efficient. The dishes themselves are treated and presented with taste and style, giving customers the most difficult want to taste: - The food is exotic in the Asian restaurants. - At the request of tour groups, different cuisines can be offered in hotel restaurants. - Heads of gastronomy may be invited to come and ensure the kitchen. - The decoration of the dishes is fantastic. For example: cakes for dessert for a dinner can be shaped like an elephant up 2 to 3 meters. On the occasion of rich banquets, precious stones will be used to address the elephant cake. - The staff is dressed according to the theme of the meal, respecting the culture and the traditions as requested by guests booking the banquet or feast. - The feast held in the hotel will have a very intimate relationship with food, meals and the restaurant. - The presentation must be perfect at all levels of the restaurants. - The change of decor in all occasions is the star of the originality. - The culture of the clients is respected. - The vulgarity is not allowed. The three pyramids of the Magic Chameleon Hotel will shine all their lights during the feasts and banquets at the hotel. They symbolize the culture, the encounter of civilizations into a new territory, a multinational cooperation in Vietnam, as Vietnam taking place on the show, would be glad to leave his place from time to time in other cultures, other civilizations, making the Vietnamese and foreign customers even more fun and excitement as guests at the hotel. The fantastic side is applied precisely by this mix of cultures in a place where the local culture is a part of the exotic! 12
4. The inspiration of Magic Chameleon Hotel : The inspiration comes from the desire of a young nation just emerging from conflict such as the Vietnamese people. I found my inspiration in thinking about the Vietnamese people. A country where I lived for many years and people that I understand the mentality sometimes strange, combining courage more mature with a childish side seeking the pleasure of discovering the world, curiosity, thirst for knowledge. To young people, I thought the concept of magic that can inspire: the idea is to keep Vietnamese culture at place, but may temporarily import an other culture, without interfering with their own culture so defended, the time to discover something else without losing its identity. This concept may be considered ethnic maintenance is rather the result of Confucianism [ 3 ] that Vietnam has inherited from its neighbor China for several centuries. To better understand this inspiration, it would be interesting to take a concrete example to illustrate this idea. For example, how the French culture can it import into the Magic Chameleon Hotel without pushing up on the Vietnamese culture. At first we shall see what the Vietnamese like of France? Following a survey that I conducted myself on a mission with the help of CETRAD VIETNAM (Centre of development of Tourism and Hospitality in Vietnam) in Vietnam in July 2010, with a total of 1500 respondents, 1470 people (98%) have never been to France and 1250 people would come to visit France. During their stay in France, the 30 Vietnamese people (2%) are likely to enjoy the French landscape and French arts. Then follow the historical sites, gastronomy and climate. The French social system and transport in France are also part of their preferences: 3,33% 6,67% 23,34% 10,00%
Arts Landscape Gastronomy Historical sites
Climate Social system 30,00% 13,33%
Following that survey, the Vietnamese who have never been to France, if they could go to visit France, would like to see: Of 971 people who responded to the question (multiple choice), we obtain:
600 500 400 300 200 100 0 Paris
Paris Eiffel Tower Arts Landscapes Notre-Dame of Paris Louvre Museum Les Champs-ElysĂŠes Fashion Wines Disneyland Paris Seine River
559 473 295 234 220 218 177 154 131 126 97
Notre-Dame of Paris
57,57% 48,71% 30,38% 24,10% 22,66% 22,45% 18,23% 15,86% 13,49% 12,98% 9,99%
We realize that very few Vietnamese have traveled to France. Most of them have never been in France but all want. The budget (31.6%) is the main obstacle preventing the Vietnamese to visit France because Vietnam is still a poor country. In this case, it would be very interesting to import French culture itself in Vietnam. Chameleon Hotel Magic could showcase to perform this import. France is known in Vietnam by the image of Paris and its monuments, its landscapes, its history, its culture, its products. Undoubtedly, we see that the desire of the 14
Vietnamese customers to come visit France is a reality but the standard of living is an obstacle. This clientele is young and curious to discover the world. The potential is enormous. The cheapest solution would be for the time being magically transported France for a few days in Vietnam to satisfy the demand of the Vietnamese, and precisely the presentation of France for a few days sometimes in a fantastic hotel: Magic Chameleon Hotel. So when we shall introduce and promote France to the Magic Chameleon Hotel, we shall inspire to organize shows, decorations, entertainments, exhibitions, presentations highlighting various places in the hotel by priority French arts, French landscapes, Paris, Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame of Paris, Louvre Museum, Les Champs-ElysĂŠes, French fashion, French gastronomy, French wines... During the promotion of France at the hotel, the three pyramids will light up: the first pyramid in blue as a giant sapphire, the second pyramid in white like a giant pearl and the third pyramid as a giant red ruby, representing the tricolor flag of France. Three pyramids with three different colors, draw a splendid picture of Magic Chameleon Hotel. The method will be applied to such other countries, other cultures and other civilizations of the world, which will be presented in the Magic Chameleon Hotel in Vietnam. Furthermore, the inspiration of Magic Chameleon Hotel is also the thirst to build a hotel of happiness in Vietnam, where not only the Vietnamese culture will be highlighted, but also a great place for cultural exchanges, international cooperation, fairs , festivals, exhibitions, comfort, pleasure, tourism, discovery, a place of luxury brands, congress and fantasy. 5. The creation of Magic Chameleon Hotel : The creation of the hotel is based on comfort and luxury. The creation of the alliances: The Magic Chameleon Hotel does not operate alone. An alliance system will be established between the three pyramids of the Magic Chameleon Hotel and other pyramids which will be built by the same spirit in other major tourist cities of Vietnam. For example, Dalat is located 100 km from Phan Rang, a seaside tourist resort in Vietnam. An alliance will be established between the three pyramids of the Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat and Phan Rang through the construction of two pyramids at Phan Rang. These two giant pyramids will be the Magic Chameleon Hotel of Phan Rang. Each pyramid of Phan Rang is a kind of modern building on a big boat able to move and evacuate its place on the sea of Phan Rang in case of typhoon, because the seaside of Vietnam is often hit by typhoons during the rainy season. The rainy season in Vietnam is between May and October each year. The dry season is therefore between November and April. We shall speak of course about the Magic Chameleon Hotel of Dalat earlier in detail. I wish here simply to illustrate the two pyramids of the Magic Chameleon Hotel of Phan Rang to show how genius this alliance of pyramids can be interesting and effective. Of course the Magic Chameleon Hotel of Phan Rang will be created with comfort and luxury such as the Magic Chameleon Hotel of Dalat. In the seaside of Phan Rang, in front of the two pyramids of Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel, we shall build a big resort complex with a hundred of luxury bungalows, many tennis
courts, swimming pools, shops, spaâ€Ś and an aeroport for helicopters which will transfer customers between Phan Rang and Dalat. Here is the model of Magic Chameleon Hotel in Phan Rang: WELCOME TO MAGIC CHAMELEON HOTEL PHAN RANG IN VIETNAM
A beautiful sea of Vietnam. Phan Rang is still wild. We want build in this seaside a luxury hotel. Itâ€™s our dream. Presentation of the project The Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel will be built exactly in the sea side of Phan Rang, in 100 km of Dalat, the famous city which is created by French doctor Yersin in the 19th century. In Dalat there is now an international golf course of Sofitel Dalat. The mainly building of Phan Rang Chameleon Hotel has the shape of the fruit Blue Dragon of Vietnam. The height of this blue dragon building is 40 metres. Near the blue dragon building, we will build two pyramids on the sea. The first pyramid has a height of 50 meters, and the second pyramid has a height of 30 meters. The 2 pyramids will represent Africa in Vietnam. Because we want to create an original hotel complex in Phan Rang of Vietnam, for an international clientele. The surface area of this Magic Chameleon Hotel complex is 250 hectares. The site is in 70 km of Cam Ranh aeroport. In the site, we want to create a helicopter aeroport to receive the clients from Dalat. 16
The mainly building of Phan Rang Chameleon Hotel has the shape of the fruit Blue Dragon of Vietnam. The height of this blue dragon building is 40 metres.
The objective of our society Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel complex has the mainly objective to present Asian culture and African culture in the same site. This â€œjoint ventureâ€? is very interesting. We want to promote many expositions every year for attracting the international clientele, and also the local clientele in Vietnam. The beauty of the site with a blue sea and splendid beaches are assets. We have the mission to promote the region of Phan Rang, and receive customers in a confortable new hotel. 17
Our philosophy Our philosophy is to promote a respectful tourism of environment. The materials for the construction are selected and respect the ecology. The main service infrastructures The main service infrastructures are sea water desalination, electrical power by wind generators and solar, coconut palm oil standby generator plan. We want to respect totally the environment of the site of Phan Rang in Vietnam. The activities of Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel Complex The activities of Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel Complex are sailing, water-skiing, diving, sport, ethno-tourism, eco-tourism, spa, discovery of the region, cooking tourism, cultural tourism, hotel and restauration of best quality. Marketing action Phan Rang is still wild. We hope to receive an international clientele. For that, we will create many luxury rooms in the Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel. We use the local gastronomy to attract the customers. We will organize cooking tour, expositions of tropical fruits of Asia and Africa. Itâ€™s an original idea to attract the clients. We will develop many kinds of sea-sport in the site. Promotion and communication Web site, media, TV, radio, by the tour operators and travel agencies in the world, partnership with the other Magic Chameleon Hotels (of Dalat for example). The budget for the marketing 2010-2011 : 250 000 euros 2011-2012 : 400 000 euros 2012-2013 : 550 000 euros 2013-2014 : 700 000 euros 2014-2015 : 800 000 euros FINANCE Investments: Capital of the society : 80 000 000 euros Other investments : 60 000 000 euros Loan of the third year : 20 000 000 euros Total : 160 000 000 euros First funds are 5 000 000 euros 18
The first phase (9 months for design and construction):
Ground purchase : Construction of the mainly building : Construction of the pyramid 1 : Construction of the pyramid 2 : Construction of SPA and Sport Complex : Construction of the helicopter aeroport : Total :
5 500 000 euros 21 000 000 euros 25 000 000 euros 17 000 000 euros 14 000 000 euros 6 500 000 euros 89 000 000 euros
The necessary equipment : -
Pieces of furniture, linen, decoration Sport activities Cooking equipment 2 luxury cars Total :
15 500 000 euros
Great total : 104 500 000 euros
The second phase (3 months of construction) in the 2nd operational year: Construction of 80 bungalows : Construction of a big swimming pool : Different equipments :
6 400 000 euros 6 000 000 euros 11 000 000 euros
23 400 000 euros
The third phase in the 3rd operational year: Construction of a shopping center : Different equipments :
22 000 000 euros 6 000 000 euros
28 000 000 euros
The project concept is attractive thanks to the crossroads between Asia and Africa, thanks to the extraordinary scenery of the Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel. The return on project cost is attractive. The cultural expositions, the gastronomy, spa, sport and sea will contribute considerably to the profitability of the hotel. . 19
Swimming pool & bungalow model of Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel
6. Why a Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat in Vietnam? Dalat is a beautiful city of Vietnam. The population of Dalat is 301.243 persons (in May 2010), with 469 persons/km². Dalat is the capital of Lam Dong Province in Vietnam. The city is located 1,500 m (4,900 ft) above sea level on the Langbiang Plateau in the southern parts of the Central Highlands. In Vietnam, Dalat is a popular tourist destination. Dalat's specific sights are pine wood (forming the name "City of thousands of pine trees") with twisting roads and tree marigold blossom in the winter. The city's temperate weather stands in contrast to Vietnam's otherwise tropical climate. The average temperature is 17°C, and does not exceed 25°C in the hottest season. Mist covering the valleys almost year-round leads to its name "City of eternal spring." Dalat is called the City of flowers, because there are many kinds of flowers in Dalat. Dalat is renowned for its orchids, roses, vegetables and fruits. There is a nascent wine-making and flower-growing industry in the region. With its year-round cool weather, Dalat supplies temperate agriculture products for all over Vietnam, for example, cabbage and cauliflower. Its flower industry produces two typical flowers: hydrangea (inVietnamese: cẩm tú cầu) and golden everlasting (inVietnamese: hoa bất tử). The confectionery industry offers a wide range of mứt, a kind of fruit preserve made from strawberry, mulberry, sweet potato, and rose. Dalat looks like a cross between Vietnam and the French Alps. Many of its hotels and houses are built in a French style. The city spreads across a series of pine-covered hills, with a beautiful lake in the center called Xuan Huong Lake (Lake of Spring Perfume) and surrounded by higher peaks, making for some lovely scenery quite different from the rest of Vietnam. Dalat is very much a tourist town. Tour buses by the dozen run up and down its hills, and small hotels line its streets. The vast majority of visitors are Vietnamese on short package tours, drawn by the scenery, vivid blue skies, fresh air, flower-filled parks, and local edible treats. Dalat is a favorite destination for company weekend outings, family get-aways, and honeymoons. Most guidebooks for overseas visitors describe Dalat as a cheesy town with tacky tourist sites, which is partly true. Attend a "mountain tribe" dance performance, and your eyes might get stuck in the upward-rolled position. But Dalat remains a pleasant stop on a north-south tour, or a pleasant outing from Saigon. For overseas visitors, it offers mostly a chance to cool down, observe the Vietnamese at play, view a bit of the French legacy, and enjoy the atmosphere. Dalat is also surrounded by some of the best mountain biking, hiking and canyoning opportunities in Vietnam. In the region of Dalat, there are many beautiful waterfalls and lakes. The most famous waterfall of Dalat is Prenn fall which is located at the foot of Prenn pass and is about 10 km from Dalat. Around the fall area was once a thriving wild life refuge. Visitors to the fall can visit the various habitat of the animals in this region. Today, Prenn fall is a destination to visit in Dalat. A local compared the scenery at Prenn fall to those drawn in paintings. The water falling from the top of the fall creates a sheet of silver pouring into a pool of water at the bottom. Behind this sheet of water is a wooden and bamboo bridge where visitors can cross behind the water. 21
Dalat is located 1,500 m (4,900 ft) above sea level on the beautiful Langbiang Plateau in the southern parts of the Central Highlands. The city's temperate weather (17째C-25째C) stands in contrast to Vietnam's otherwise tropical climate.
History of Dalat The first person to explore this region was Mr. Nguyen Thong. Approximately 25 years later, in 1893, Dr. Yersin, a French immunologist discovered Dankia high lands while on an expedition to the Langbiang high lands. Dankia is 10 km from the city of Dalat. This region reminded Dr. Yersin of his homeland, and particularly the similarities between Dalat's evergreen forests and those in the Swiss Alps. He made the recommendation to the government to form a resort town with health spas for government officials and foreign dignitaries in Dankia. Not long after, Dr. Tardiff, also a French citizen, had an expedition through this region and visited Dankia and Dalat. He recommended Dalat to the government due to the favorable water source and locale. At the time, South Vietnam was under French rule, and was known as Cochinchina. The Governor of Cochinchina personally visited Dankia and Dalat and decided to take Dr. Tardiff's recommendation. The first hotel was built in Dalat around 1907. It was made completely out of wood and was called khach san Ho (Lakeside Hotel - Hotel du Lac). In 1916, work commenced on the Palace hotel. In 1922, the hotel opened to the public. It was the largest and most elegant hotel in this region. Now it is Sofitel Dalat Palace. Dalat has many homes built of wood much like the Swiss chalets found in the Alps. It also has many grand villas built by French officials during the early part of the century. Many more villas were built by the South Vietnamese officials in the 60s and 70s.
Xuan Huong Lake Dalat is also famous for its many waterfalls and lakes, one of which is Ho Xuan Huong (Xuan Huong lake). This man made lake was a site where many indigenous people of Langbiang highland made their homes. In 1984, the lake was emptied for renovation purposes. At the bottom of the lake, scientists found many relics belonging to the hill tribe that once lived in this area. Xuan Huong lake is shaped like the crescent moon. Visitors to Dalat and the town's people use the lake as a place to meet and talk. The lake is also where many honeymooners come to visit. Xuan Huong lake is the most beautiful lake in Dalat. It is approximately 5 km2. In 1919 a dam was formed on a branch of Camly river creating a small lake. In 1923, another dam was built further down stream to create yet another lake. During a severe storm in 1932, both dams were destroyed. Between 1934-35, a larger dam was built of boulders (site of Ong Dao bridge today) below the sites of the two previous dam creating one large lake named Ho Lon or Large lake. Ho Lon was later renamed after Ho Xuan Huong, a famous vietnamese poet in the 17th century. 23
Scenic of Dalat A small stream fed from Xuan Huong lake pours into Camly fall leading to Suoi Vang (Gold Stream). Many people believe the name Camly has its origin in Han Viet. Cam means sweet and Ly means where the land absorbs the water. The river and fall was given the name Camly to signify a stream of cool fresh water leaving an impression (absorb) in the heart of the visitors. More probable however is the fact that Camly is the vietnamese pronunciation for K'Mly, name of the chief of Koho tribe who made their home in the Xuan Huong valley during the 19th century. Thung Lung Tinh Yeu (Valley of Love) is now a park developed by the local government to attract tourists. The valley is approximately 5 km from the center of town. At the floor of the valley is Da Thien lake. To go to the lake there is a small dirt path used for horses. Recently the park attendants have built a series of steps leading to the bottom of the valley. Lake Da Thien is quite small and there are peddles and motorized boats for rent.
Dalat Central Market One of Dalatâ€™s charm is the laid-back way of living of the local people. On any given day, from early morning to late at night, Dalatâ€™s central market is bustling with activities. Unlike most market in Vietnam, Dalat's market has an open promenade where people can walk about. At the end of the promenade is a stair leading to the Le Dai Hanh Street, one of Dalat's major thoroughfare.
Ho Than Tho - Lake of Sorrow Lake of Sorrow is located approximately 5 km northeast of the city. According to local lore, the lake was named during the war between Vietnam and China. As the story goes, long ago there lived a young couple in this area. They loved each other very much and often met by the lake to enjoy the tranquil setting of this area. At about the time when they spoke of building a future together, Vietnam was in the state of war with foreign invaders from the north. There was a general call for able-body young men to take arms. The young man, Hoang Tung, being extremely patriotic, decided to join the army of king Quang Trung - Nguyen Hue to help defend Vietnam. The young couple decided to meet by the lake to say their goodbye as Hoang Tung was leaving with his garrison for the north. His betrothed Mai Nuong, being equally patriotic, decided not to be a burden in his mind, lest he won't be able to perform his duties, decided to commit suicide by drowning in the lake. When the time came for the two to meet, Hoang Tung found that she has passed away. The people in this region heard of the young couple's story and decided to rename the lake Ho Than Tho or Lake of Sorrow. 24
Pongour waterfalls in Dalat are the most beautiful waterfalls in the South East Asia
Pongour waterfalls in Dalat
Dalat has a mild climate, rich landscape, and year-round cool. Dalatâ€™s people is gentleness and hospitality. Dalat is also famous with many forests. In Dalat there are many ancient villas which were built by French architects. The city has Lien Khuong International Airport to downtown is about 30km. All these natural conditions, the environment, people and culture have brought the competitive advantages in tourism development. Currently the province has more than 700 tourist accommodation establishments, with more than 11,000 rooms, accommodating about 40,000 tourists per day, and night. The whole province has 83 luxury hotels from one to five stars, with 2937 rooms, including 12 luxury hotels from three to five stars with 1,072 rooms and 594 accommodation establishments with more than 8,000 standard rooms. Dalat has many places to hold conferences and seminars with international stature, for example the Hoang Anh - Gia Lai Resort can simultaneously hold three seminars in three separate conference rooms for about 600 guests, Hotel Sai Gon - Dalat has conference rooms accommodating up to 400 guests, Trade Union Hotel, Villas Dalat Resortâ€ŚBut the Magic Chameleon Hotel would help Dalat to develop more. The investment into the Magic Chameleon Dalat Luxury Hotel and Resort is in line with general trends in tourism development in the province Lam Dong and country of Vietnam. Dalat is a tourist center, a famous resort in the country and abroad. The process of the city development is based in tourism such as one important economic. Dalat city has always been to focus investment and development. Resolution 06 - NQ / TU (21 / 9 / 2006) VIII of the Provincial Committee of the direction, goals, tasks and solutions "breakthrough accelerated" economic development travel - travel services period 2006 - 2010 have emphasized the task of developing Dalat tourism-oriented high-quality tourism. With this spirit, the period 2006 - 2010, Dalat tourism services an average growth of 17-18% per year, visitors to an average increase of 20% per year. In 2009, Dalat received over 2.1 million visitors (including 10% international visitors) and 8 months of 2010 received over 1.8 million passengers. The total number of accommodation establishments increased rapidly in quantity and quality. In 2009, the city has 673 accommodation establishments with a capacity of 38,000 visitors (85 star hotels, up 1.5 times in 2006 and 11 luxury hotels from 3 - 5 stars). Dalat also established 17 zones, routes, destinations to be upgraded, regular investment and increasingly attractive; 22 travel agents for domestic and international operations are quite effective. Many tourism investment projects help to develop the tourism in Dalat. In Dalat there are more than 50% of the 235 investment projects in the field of tourism with a total of registered investment of 62,855 billion VND, of which 90 projects have been implemented. The investments with the provinces in the south central region of Vietnam are favorable for tourism in Dalat. In addition, support services for tourism, such as supermarkets, banks, insurances, post offices, health centersâ€ŚThe investment is also being developed fairly uniform, creating favorable conditions for visitors. 26
7. The factors for the implantation of Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat in Vietnam: ( PESTL analysis: political, economic, social, technological, legal factors.) Political: A NEW REGIME: THE COMMUNIST REGIME (from 1975 in Dalat) The early days of the revolutionary government, the population is down more or less by several former military base, education and government apparatus of the former Saigon retreat, but gradually be supplemented from other sources staff and strengthening the military, the population leveled off in Dalat of the number 85,883. Work security, political stability, social reform are the top priorities. Tourists and overseas absentee necessarily have a few occasional tourist group "subsidy". Dalat confused with the structure of the economyagriculture, forestry and tourism. Advocated self-sufficient in food and agriculture as the focus, this time is a necessary step, but not avoid the worry and torment of the Party, government and people of Dalat through the Congress Party. The achievements of Dalat is now concentrated and stable rural residents, expand the boundaries of the coastal area of Dalat as Thai Version (1975), Xuan Truong, Xuan Tho (1979), and especially Superior stability region residents. The merger further social Ta Nung ethnic minorities in Dalat is located by the general direction of government in this period. Agricultural areas are reformed and roads in these areas are repaired and refreshed. Especially the system to introduce service in rural and agricultural production on an extension. The lakes were dredged and other lakes were created such as Da Shan (1977), Chien Thang Lake (1981), Xuan Huong Lake (1983-1984), Tuyen Lam Lake (1984). Vegetable production has also achieved positive results with 70,987 ton (1977). Dalat farmers in this early stage to adapt to market and the application methods of tissue culture in potato production. In 1978, culture area increased 40% and forest 43%. Floriculture remains and a few sectors such as the orchid exports are topical in this period of market demand by the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, but settled down by a political system direction, the economic had many difficulties. In 1986, Congress of the Communist Party of Vietnam has opened its sixth outlet for all the country of Vietnam and a new era was opened: the era of market mechanisms Vietnam today is a country under the socialist regime. Political system was implemented under the only political party that the Vietnam Communist Party leadership, with the guiding principles: Vietnam Communist Party leaders and the Vietnamese people is sovereign authority through the National Assembly of Vietnam. Communist Party of Vietnam is the only party leader in Vietnam in accordance with article 4 of the 1992 Constitution. The head of the Communist Party of Vietnam is a General Secretary. Current general secretary (2010) is Mr. Nong Duc Manh. Congress, under the constitution, is the highest representative body of the people, the highest State power of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. Congress is the only organ with constitutional and legislative. The mission of the National Assembly is to monitor and decide on the basic policies on internal and external, the task of economic, social, defense and security, the principles of the State apparatus, the social relations and activities of citizens.
The composition of the actual Vietnamese government
National Assembly term is five years. Chairman of the National Assembly is elected by Parliament nominated by the Central Executive Committee. Current Chairman of the National Assembly (2010) is Mr. Nguyen Phu Trong. Since the reform era, Vietnam normalized relations with China in 1992 and with the United States in 1995, and joined ASEAN in 1995. Currently, Vietnam has established diplomatic relations with 171 countries in all the continents (Asia â€“ Pacific: 33, Europe: 46, American: 28, Africa: 47, Middle East: 16). Vietnam is also a member of 63 international organizations and relationships with over 500 non-governmental organizations. Economic: Vietnam's economy is a mixed economy. While the economy is increasingly market of the State's intervention in the economy remains at high levels. Vietnam government admitted that Vietnam's economy is an economy operating under market mechanisms, and many countries and economic blocks including a market economy advanced recognition of Vietnam as well as background market economy. Vietnam has many economic sectors. Manner determined by the current government of Vietnam has the following economic sectors: state economy, collective economy, private economy (individual, small owners, private capital), private economic is the state, economic capital is foreign investment. One of the important measures that the Party and Government of Vietnam to introduce in the economy, is the establishment of collective State economic groups and State corporations. According to preliminary data of the General Department of 28
Statistics, in 2007, the State economic sector is the largest sector, accounting for 36.43% of Vietnam's real GDP, followed respectively by individual sector (29.61%), economic capital, foreign investment (17.66%), private sector (10.11%). Dalat economic advantages are tourism, flowers and vegetables. The most professional flower growing area in the province of Lam Dong is Dalat. Total agricultural area in Dalat is approximately 9978 hectares. Vegetable production is about 170,000 tons annually, of which 35,000 tons are exported to North East Asian countries and ASEAN. Dalat flower production every year is about 540 million stems, and Dalat exports around 33.3 million cut flowers every year. Social: Population growth Before World War II, the population of Dalat is very little, apart from the indigenous population, only a few people working in Dalat. The people first settled in Dalat is the prisoners which were been brought up to explore the wild land. During the period from 1933 to 1938 more traffic works are completed. Starting from this time the population began to increase rapidly in Dalat from 1,500 people in 1923 up to 9,000 people in 1928 and 11,500 people in 1936. And at the end of 1942, Dalat has reached two thousand people. When World War II broke out, French officials are not able to return home should be flocking to Dalat resort. Rapid population growth during this period: 13,000 people in 1940, 20,000 people in 1942 and up to 25,000 people in 1944. During the nine-year resistance war (1945-1954), the population of Dalat was about 25,000. At the end of 1954 the population increased to 52,000 people, 73,290 people in 1965, 89,656 people in 1970 and in 1982 the population of Dalat has surpassed 100,000. In 1999, the population is 129,400 people in Dalat, and in May 2010 the population of Dalat is 301,243 people with a density of 469 persons/km². Ethnic composition In Dalat, the ethnic Kinh is the most numerous: 296,681 people, the other ethnic groups are: Tay: 236; Thai: 265; Muong: 16; Nung: 228; Gia Rai: 3; Ede: 10; Ko Ho: 3653; Cham: 3; Hre: 3; M’Nong: 52; Sa Tun: 13; Ma: 31; Chau Ro: 18; Chu Ru: 21; Foreigners: 10 (with a population of 301,243 people in Dalat in May 2010). People in Dalat speak Vietnamese, French, English. Religions in Dalat Due to the characteristics of the formation of communities of Dalat, religious beliefs are very diverse here. There are over thirty Catholic churches, over fifty Buddhist temples. There are also Caodaist temples. And there is also in Dalat the ancestor worship which is not a particular religion, it is a cultural and social practice of Vietnamese people. The worship of ancestors can be found in all Vietnamese families: Buddhists, Caodaists, Catholics, atheists, Marxists…
Visitors in Dalat In 2009, Dalat received over 2.1 million visitors (including 10% international visitors) and 8 months of 2010 received over 1.8 million passengers.
A view of Dalat and the lake Xuan Huong Technological: Highways in Dalat Highway 20 is the most important route linking Dalat city to Highway 1 of Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). An another route, the Highway 27, allows the connection to the region of Phan Rang where there is the sea, in 100 km from Dalat.. Mimosa Road (old Prenn Road) was started to renovate and upgrade from 2001 and basically completed in 2007, the line length is 10.88 km. This road is in the entrance of the city and reduces the traffic density on Prenn Pass. Highway from Lien Khuong Airport to Prenn Pass was constructed in 2004. Total investment is 632 billionVND (1 EURO is about 25,000 VND). 30
Rural roads in Dalat In 2009, Dalat has 98 km of rural roads. Traffic gradually improved and the streets have become more spacious. Annual investment budget for the constructions of rural roads is in 1995 about 10 billion VND, in 2000 about 30 billionVND and in 2009 had reached over 100 billionVND (1 EURO is about 25,000 VND). Air traffic Air traffic of the city of Dalat is done primarily through the 2 airports: Lien Khuong Airport and Cam Ly Airport. Lien Khuong Airport Lien Khuong Airport is located at the coordinates of 11° 45 '15 " north latitude and 106° 25' 09" east longitude. Lien Khuong Airport is situated in the town Lien Nghia, Duc Trong district, Lam Dong province, in 28 km from the center of Dalat. Altitude of Lien Khuong Airport is 962m above the sea. The length of the airport runway is 2,350 m with an asphalt surface. The runway is 37 m wide. Distance of flight from Lien Khuong Airport to a number of other airports in Vietnam are: Lien Khuong - Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh city): 214km Lien Khuong - Noi Bai (Hanoi): 968km. Currently, Lien Khuong Airport has a total land area of 160 ha. The surface of car parking area is 1,478m². Cam Ly Airport Cam Ly Airport is a small airport of the four airports in the province of Lam Dong. Cam Ly Airport is situated at an altitude of 1505 m, and it is located at the coordinates of 11° 56' 34" north latitude and 108° 24' 54" east longitude. Cam Ly Airport is situated in 3 km to the center of Dalat, in the west of the city. In the South, Cam Ly Airport connects to the provincial road 725 to Ta Nung. The runway of Cam Ly Airport has a length of 1,390m with an asphalt surface. Before 1975, Cam Ly Airport is a military airport for the U.S. Army. After 1975, Cam Ly Airport is the airport of the Vietnamese Army. Now Cam Ly Airport is used mainly as a military airport but it is used also for small aircrafts including sport aircrafts and helicopters. Currently, the airport has no regularly scheduled flights. Develop the two airports Lien Khuong and Cam Ly is very important for the future because Dalat city is developing in tourism. The construction of Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel requires a better airport in Dalat. It is very important if Dalat would want develop tourism and its economy.
Railway traffic Dalat has just an old railway which was built from 1903 to 1928. This old railway links Dalat to Thap Cham, but today it is not used. Since 1991, the Dalat railway was just restored in Trai Mat (near Dalat) for exploitation of tourism. Electricity power in Dalat In 1975, the average of electricity power in Dalat was 26 kWh/person/year. In 1996, the average of electricity power in Dalat reached 313.2 kWh/person/year. In 2000, the average of electricity power in Dalat was 397.4 kWh/person/year. In 2009, the average of electricity power in Dalat reached 701.37 kWh/person/year. After 34 years, the electricity power in Dalat has increased 26.97 times. kWh/per/year 800 700 600 500 400 300 200 100 0 1975
The average of electricity power in Dalat from 1975 to 2009
Ankroet hydroelectric dam In 1942, the Resident of Indochina M. Jean Decoux decided to build in Dalat the AnkroĐľt hydroelectric dam according to the planning schemes of Lagisquet. It was the first hydroelectric dam in Vietnam. The construction started in October 1942 and Ankroet hydroelectric dam was inaugurated in 1945. Ankroet hydroelectric center uses the water of Dankia Lake which has a surface area of 145 kmÂ˛ and water volume of 15.2 million meters cubes.
Da Nhim hydroelectric dam Da Nhim hydroelectric dam in Dalat was built by the Japanese government for pay war damages caused during the period they occupied Vietnam in 1945. Many big industrial firms of Japan were involved in the construction of Da Nhim dam: design: Nippon Koei; dams: Kajima Hazama Gumi; generator: Mitsubishi; turbine: Toshiba, the main transformer: Fuji Denki; electrical panels: Hitachi. Da Nhim was constructed in 1959 and operated two official units 1 and 2 on January 1964 and two other units 3 and 4 on May 1964, with a total electric capacity of 160 MW. It is the biggest capacity of electricity production of Vietnam at that time. Today, Da Nhim hydroelectric dam is managed by Dalat Vietnam Electricity Corporation (CDV). Legal factors: For the implantation of Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat, there are many legal factors. At first, because the country of Vietnam has a communist regime, all investment have to be adapted with the laws of Vietnam which sometimes are very difficult to understand. The communist regime is very different of the regime in Europe or in America, the business laws arenâ€™t the same laws. Legal structure and capitalisation in Vietnam are very different of the European system. Utilizing well-connected relationships is an important factor in successfully and securely setting up a business in Vietnam.
Ankroet hydroelectric dam in Dalat
PART 2 : ANALYSIS OF THE HOSPITALITY MARKET IN DALAT IN VIETNAM 1. Analysis of the hospitality market in Vietnam: An emergent hospitality market Described by some observers as the next Asian Tiger, Vietnam has emerged from political isolation with a rush. Some USD 18.2 billion in capital has financed nearly 1,300 separate projects as of January, 1996 following economic reform that opened the country to foreign investment. Of those projects involving foreign investment, the service and tourism industries ranked second, accounting for USD $6.3 billion as of January, 1996. The Vietnam government has reported it expects foreign investment of some USD $40 billion between 1994 and the year 2000. For international companies in the hospitality and tourism industries, this Southeast Asian nation represents both a highly promising and problematic market. Major hotel development underway in the country's two major cities Ho Chi Minh City and the capital city of Hanoi may result in market saturation by 1998. It is to be noted that there are now 231 foreign joint ventures for tourism capitalized at nearly USD $5.0 billion, and a number of new hotels of international standards have been built in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phong and Danang. Development outside these cities has already become a focus of international groups and may ultimately be a source of considerable opportunity as crumbling infrastructure is rebuilt and the country takes its place in the global trade arena. According to a survey by consulting firm and managing real estate CB Richard Eliss (CBRE Vietnam), from now to 2020, demand for hotel rooms for the whole country of Vietnam will be very high while the supply is very limited. Currently in Vietnam, the standard rooms of the hotels 3-5 stars just reached nearly 5,000 rooms and the standard rooms of hotels 1-2 stars nearly 6,300 rooms. Meanwhile, according to surveys of CBRE, the demand in 2020 for hotels 3-5 stars would be about 11,100 rooms and for hotels 1-2 stars more than 20,000 rooms. One of the underlying cause boosting the demand for hotel rooms in Vietnam is the growth of Vietnam's tourism. There are also other causes such as the attractiveness of investment in Vietnam, for investors, foreign investment funds, particularly since Vietnam joined the WTO. Hotel management group Accor International is aiming to end in 2013 will manage 30 hotels with different brands in Vietnam hospitality market. Patrick Basset, executive vice president of Accor in Vietnam, the Philippines, Japan and South Korea, said that Accor is currently managing 14 hotels with the brands Sofitel, MGallery, Novotel and Mercure in Vietnam, and the 16 other future hotels will be active in three years. 34
Pullman Resort on the island Hoa Phuong in Hai Phong, and Pullman Da Nang Resort are the two luxury brand projects of Accor group. With these two new projects, Accor will manage a total of five Pullman hotels in Vietnam hospitality market.
Pullman hotels in Vung Tau, Da Nang and Hanoi will be launched in 2011, and Pullman hotel in Hai Phong city, and Pullman hotel resort on the island Hoa Phuong in Hai Phong, will be inaugurated in 2013.
The economic crisis The decline of the tourism industry in Vietnam is evident in both the rates and booking hotel rooms during the world economic crisis. According to a survey realized by CBRE Vietnam in 2009, the decline of the tourism industry is evident in both the rates and booking hotel reservations. In the first half of 2009, there is a percentage reduction of 30% concerning the room reservations and the room rate downs from 25 to 38%. 8 months of 2009, according to the Ministry of Tourism in Vietnam, international visitors to Vietnam reached 2,479,939 arrivals, down 17.7% over the same period in 2008.
Revenues decreased In Ho Chi Minh City, for the group 4 stars hotels or less, the average room rate in 2009 was only 50 USD per room per night. Meanwhile, in January 2009 the average hotel room rate was still 80 USD per room per night. 5 stars hotels rates also decreased from 130 USD dropped to around 80 USD per room per night, in the same period. At the beginning of 2009, luxury hotels group in Vietnam reached an average hotel room of 240 USD per room per night, but in June 2009, it has dropped to just 180 USD. Average hotel room has dropped from 25 to 38% within 6 months. Because of the world economic crisis, the hotels think about discounts to attract tourists. The hotels are launching promotions, and provide more innovative services. International visitors to Vietnam declined in recent years because, according to Macintosh, Vietnam hospitality market is the lack of diversity of brands and products, especially products with average prices . Therefore, Vietnam needs to have a variety of hotel brands, styles, for serve different categories of customers. . 35
2. Analysis of the hospitality market in Dalat:
Many hotels are being built in Dalat actually. Dalat has actually over 90% of the total of star hotels and guest houses in the province of Lam Dong of Vietnam. In January 2010, the hospitality market in Lam Dong province didnâ€™t change concerning the rates of 3 to 5 star hotels if comparing with November 2009. Currently the province of Lam Dong has a five star hotel, nine four star hotels and three three star hotels. 938 rooms is the total number of rooms of all 3 to 5 star hotels. There are currently more than 41 to 35 investment projects for the future and which are still awaiting the certification of government to invest. Total of 41 projects spread over 1.800ha. There is a distinct difference between the prices of the rooms of different hotels. Room rates at the 5-star hotel are 3.5 times higher than the room rates of 4-star hotel and 7 times the 3star hotel. The published average price of the hotel of 5, 4 and 3 stars, are respectively 218, 61 and 32 USD / room / night. 3. Hospitality competition in Vietnam:
Currently the prices of rooms in the international hotels of Vietnam are over 40% more expensive than the prices of the same rooms in Thailand. The international hospitality companies which are present in Vietnam : Daewoo, Melia, Hyatt, Evergreen, Sofitel, Sheraton, Hiltonâ€Ś
Business hotels and accommodation in Vietnam only began to grow strongly from the years 90 when Vietnam opened, began seriously an international cooperation and participed into the international market economy. In 1990, Vietnam had only a few hundred business establishments in tourist accommodation with about 20 thousand rooms. The tourism in Vietnam developed quickly and now in Vietnam there are 4.712 hotels with 94.974 rooms (in March 2009). Now, many projects and many business class hotels such as Hilton, Accor (Sofitel), Intercontinental, Sol Melia, Hyatt, Sheraton... deployed in Vietnam in the form of direct investment, joint ventures or franchising. In the provinces, cities such as Hanoi, Ho Chi Minhville, Da Nang, Quang Ninh, Vung Tau, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Dalat... actually there are 5 star hotels or palaces. Other types of accommodation like resort hotels, villas for rent, floating hotels, motels, bungalows, resortsâ€Śdeveloped in Vietnam. Currently, Vietnam has about 67 tourist villages with 4.656 rooms, representing 2.73% of total of rooms in the country, concentrating mainly in the provinces and cities which have an ecological environment.
4. Hospitality competition in Dalat: In Dalat there is actually just one 5-stars hotel : The Sofitel Dalat Palace.
The Sofitel Dalat Palace
Sofitel Dalat Palace The Sofitel Dalat Palace is located in the heart of Dalat. It has 38 rooms and 5 suites, a panoramic restaurant which serves international and local kitchen, a piano bar called “Larry's bar”, many shops, tennis courts and golf. The hotel was built in 1922 and restored in 1995. It is one of the most beautiful hotel in Vietnam with a rich historical past, a gracious and luxurious style, a true French life style in South East Asia. Superior Room: 20 standard rooms of 30 to 35m ², lake view or cathedral view, Wi-Fi broadband free, standing bath, satellite TV. Price: 260 - 320 USD Deluxe: 18 deluxe rooms of 45m ² to 46m ², lake view or cathedral view, with large balcony, L'Occitane bath products, flat screen TV, Wi-Fi broadband free, standing bath, satellite TV. Price: 360 - 420 USD The top: 5 suites with a view overlooking the lake, covering an area of 95m ² (1 presidential suite) with large balcony, fireplace, L'Occitane bath products, flat screen TV, Wi-Fi broadband free, satellite TV. The suites are decorated in French colonial style decor. All are equipped with MyBed by Sofitel. Price: 750 - 990 USD
The conccurent in Dalat is possible mainly the Sofitel Dalat Palace. But with a quantity of 120 luxurious rooms, the Chameleon Magic Dalat Hotel will be a new attractive concept of hotel in Dalat with more possibilities to offer for the local customers better prices. For example, in the Magic Chameleon Hotel, the price of a beautiful suite will be between 500 and 700 USD. The Magic Chameleon Hotel will try to offer the best service and the hotel will be constructed in a exceptional site with a exceptional panorama. The capacity of reception of Magic Chameleon Hotel will be strong and the attractions will be fantastic.
PART 3 : THE STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT OF MAGIC CHAMELEON HOTEL IN DALAT - BUSINESS PLAN : 1. Structural type of the Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat: The project is expected to bring the following infrastructure to Dalat: a) Accessibility: - Upgrade and extension of the existing runway to a length of 12 kms. - Contribution to the provision of runway safety vehicles, equipment and related buildings. - Contribution to the renovation of Lien Khuong Airport. - Contribution to the renovation of Cam Ly Airport. - Constructions of three car parkings around the three pyramid buildings of Magic Chameleon Hotel. b) Main service infrastructure: - Electrical power by wind generators and solar. - Coconut palm oil standy generator plan in Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel. - Sea water desalination in Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel. - Wireless internet and cell phone connectivity. c) Internal transport: - Transform vehicle transport to electrically operated custom carts. - Provision of an internal transport system including a passenger commuting service between the three pyramid buildings of Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat. d) Alliances type: - The structure type of the Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel is based in the alliances between the pyramids of Dalat and Phan Rang at first. During the development stage, which is spread over five years, the project is expected to create 1200 jobs in Dalat and Phan Rang. - The alliances will be developed with the other cities of Vietnam and South East Asia. - It is possible to build the floating Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel for move the hotel to other countries for communication and advertising.
2. Realization of the concept in Dalat:
Forest land in Dalat Dalat city is a natural area of 39,104 ha, including forest land area of 28,909 ha (73.9% of the surface area of Dalat). Characteristics of the flora of Dalat are the 3 leaf pine forests. Due to the special position with natural pine forests, Dalat should be considered a forest landscape for tourism. The construction of Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel will use natural wood. The advantage of wood is naturally beautiful, homogeneous structure, and create a splendid design for the concept of Magic chameleon Hotel. Natural wood materials will be used for all the interior of the hotel, for the rooms, the restaurants and the spa. We will create beautiful wood panel doors. Combined with glass doors, the decoration will be modern and elegant. The floor of the hotel will be wood. We will use also bamboo hardwood floors. Bamboo is not technically a tree, but instead a grass. And in Vietnam there are many bamboos. The true impact of bamboo soon becomes clear to anyone who visits the Vietnamese countryside. Nearly everything can be made of this remarkable plant: house, walls, bedsâ€Ś Bamboo has already been used for its healing properties for many centuries, and remains to this day an essential ingredient for a wide variety of medicinal potions in Vietnamese household. 39
Vietnamese bamboos The realization of the concept of Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat is based in the ecology system and the respect of the environment. Bamboo is very important for the construction of Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat.
Bamboo construction in the hotel
Bamboo construction in the hotel
Bamboo lamps in the hotel 41
3. Equipments: The Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel will have modern terraces which need to combine stylish design and practical features with hard-wearing equipment. The table, seat, sun lounger and accessory ranges have been designed specifically to respond to these requirements: wood, bamboo, exotic design, asian decoration, zen style…all is nice and magic. We shall choose beautiful colors such as the red, the yellow, for sun loungers, for outfitting the pool areas or beaches. The hotel will be also equipped by multi-material new-generation products of equipments combining stylish forms, hard-wearing build, practical features and sturdiness with a reliability that is recognised worldwide. All of these products are designed to facilitate life within the establishment Magic Chameleon Hotel on a day-to-day basis. The room of Magic Chameleon Hotel will be equipped by screens to project the different decors of the room. All rooms are spacious and feature high ceilings, large beds, duvets and pillows and cotton sheets for you to have a good night. The rooms feature private marble bathrooms with separate shower and toilet. It is also possible to watch a movie on the TV screen and LCD TVs. The hotel phones are equipped with the following features: speakerphone, caller ID, voice mail and data port. The client also have access to wireless broadband Internet. In each room the client have a dashboard with customizable buttons for various settings of the room. In the Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel there are also a gym area with variable resistance weight training machines and free weight equipment, aerobics, a wide variety of cardiovascular workout machines, squash courts, heated swimming pool, jakuzzi, saunas, health and fitness consultancy. In the Magic Chameleon Hotel there is a service of limousine with driver. The customers could rent this service for excursions around Dalat. There are many different drivers who can speak different languages of the world. In the Magic Chameleon Hotel there is a service of helicopter. The customer could move by helicopter from the hotel to go to visit the landscapes around the city of Dalat. Helicopters could carry clients from the Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel to Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel (The distance between Dalat and Phan Rang is 100 kms). The Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat is fully devoted to hospitality and fine cuisine. The hotel proposes a high quality gastronomy of different countries: Vietnam, China, French…Away from agitation, the client will appreciate the elegance and the discreet luxury of his room. The whisper of water and the birds’ songs will be an invitation to dreaming. The Magic Chameleon Hotel will be a unique and magic hotel in Dalat. With the park, the terrasse, the swimming-pool, the casino and the golf, the Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel will be an ideal place for client stays, weddings, receptions,seminars and conferences. 42
4. Human resources: In general, the employee recruitment process for local Vietnamese takes about six months. There are three forms, consistent with the duration of the employment: indefinite term, definite term, and seasonal or specific. The contract must include a job description, duration of contract and probation period, specification of the workplace, and wage rate. Vietnam has a firm system of arbitration in place to assist in labor disputes, and there is a hierarchy of councils at three levels. The labor conciliatory council of the enterprise or the labor conciliator of the district labor office functions as the first level. The next level is a provincial labor arbitration council. The third and final level is the People’s Court, which has the power to decide if a strike is legal or illegal. It should be noted that Vietnam’s nascent legal system has sided with workers in many recent labor disputes. For the Magic Chameleon Hotel, with 120 luxury rooms, the human resources are very important. At first, we will try to create jobs for the local people. We envisage 1200 jobs for the staff of the complex Magic Chameleon Hotel of Dalat and Phan Rang. We will choose every people which have the competences and the experiences in hospitality and tourism. The staff of Magic Chameleon Hotel will be professional. Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel will be managed through CETRAD VIETNAM, which will guide the on-site managers who will carry out the day-to-day management and operations. CETRAD, as the manager of Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel, shall have the duties, obligations and authority to: - Oversee, administer and direct the management, operation and business of Magic Chameleon hotel in Dalat, including the management of those individuals who manage the daily operations of Dalat Magic chameleon Hotel. CETRAD VIETNAM may not be responsible for the day-to-day management of Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel, but rather will be responsible for employing, training and overseeing the personnel who will actually undertake these responsabilities. - Prepare and present periodic operating budgets for the Dalat Magic chameleon Hotel and monitor the actual income and expenses against budgeted operating income and expenses. - Establish and maintain proper bookkeeping and accounting systems for the Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel and establish procedures for verification of the operation of such systems. - Establish and provide procedures for the maintenance and security of bank accounts for the Company’s funds. - Establish periodic adversiting and promotional campaigns and efforts for the Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel and work with day-to-day managers to implement these programs. - Make such efforts, take such actions and devote such time to the affairs of Dalat Chameleon Hotel as may be reasonably necessary to further the interest of the Company and ensure its continued success. CETRAD VIETNAM has established relationships with many organizations in Vietnam, and it is regularly informed about the evolution of the market. The staff of Dalat Magic chameleon Hotel could be formed by CETRAD VIETNAM. CETRAD VIETNAM will be necessary for the connections and relations with the government and other important figures in Vietnam.
5. Pricing strategy: One of the four major elements of the marketing mix is price. Pricing is an important strategic issue because it is related to product positioning. Furthermore, pricing affects other marketing mix elements such as product features, channel decisions, and promotion. Dalat Magic chameleon Hotel will develop a marketing strategy which is based in a marketing analysis. We will fix good prices for all the rooms of hotel. Before the product is developed, the marketing strategy is formulated, including target market selection and product positioning. There usually is a tradeoff between product quality and price, so price is an important variable in positioning. Pricing must take into account the competitive and legal environment in Dalat. We will use the Value-based pricing - base the price on the effective value to the customer relative to alternative products: all our rooms in the Magic Chameleon Hotel. We will create in Magic Chameleon Hotel 3 kinds of rooms: Superior Room: 60 standard rooms of 35 m² to 40 m², Magic lake view, with balcony, Wi-Fi broadband free, standing bath, satellite TV. Price: 200 - 250 USD Deluxe: 50 deluxe rooms of 50 m² to 60 m², Magic lake view, with large balcony, flat screen TV, Wi-Fi broadband free, standing bath, satellite TV. Price: 300 - 350 USD Suite: 10 suites with a view overlooking the Magic lake, covering an area of 130 m² with large balcony, fireplace, flat screen TV, Wi-Fi broadband free, satellite TV. The suites are decorated with a splendid décor. All are equipped with Fantastic Travel Bed by Magic Chameleon Hotel. Price: 500 - 700 USD
Superior room 50,00% 41,67%
The composition of the 120 rooms of Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel 44
Number of rooms 70 60 50 40 30 20 10 0 Superior room (200 - 250 USD)
Deluxe room (300 - 350 USD)
Suite (500 - 700 USD)
Prices of rooms in Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel
Pricing will depend also on distribution and promotion decisions of the direction of Magic Chameleon Hotel and CETRAD VIETNAM. Because there is a relationship between price and quantity demanded, it is important to understand the impact of pricing on sales by estimating the demand curve for the product. We shall use also the prices to signal a high quality of our rooms. We shall use also a price discount system for Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel:
Quantity discount - offered to customers who purchase in large quantities. Cumulative quantity discount - a discount that increases as the cumulative quantity increases. Cumulative discounts may be offered to customers who purchase large quantities over time but who do not wish to place large individual orders. Seasonal discount - based on the time that the purchase is made and designed to reduce seasonal variation in sales. For example, the travel industry offers much lower off-season rates. Such discounts do not have to be based on time of the year; they also can be based on day of the week or time of the day, such as pricing offered by long distance and wireless service providers. Promotional discount - a short-term discounted price offered to stimulate sales.
6. Project cost: - It should be noted that all cost estimates have been provided to us by the promoter. - The estimates are based on quotations received by the promoters. - Input VAT will be refundable to the company and has therefore been deducted from the project cost. - Total project cost excluding VAT is 180 000 000 euros and is over a period of 3 years. The budget for the marketing of Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel: 2010-2011 : 500 000 euros 2011-2012 : 800 000 euros 2012-2013 : 900 000 euros 2013-2014 : 1 000 000 euros 2014-2015 : 1 000 000 euros
7. Investissement plan: FINANCE for the creation of Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel: Investments: Capital of the society : 100 000 000 euros Other investments : 60 000 000 euros Loan of the third year : 20 000 000 euros Total : 180 000 000 euros The first phase (9 months for design and construction): -
Ground purchase : Construction of the pyramid 1 : Construction of the pyramid 2 : Construction of the pyramid 3 : Construction of SPA and Sport Complex : Construction of the helicopter aeroport : Total :
8 000 000 euros 25 000 000 euros 20 000 000 euros 17 000 000 euros 15 000 000 euros 7 500 000 euros 92 500 000 euros
The necessary equipment : -
Pieces of furniture, linen, decoration Sport activities Cooking equipment 2 luxury cars (limousines) Total :
21 500 000 euros
Great total : 114 000 000 euros 46
The second phase (3 months of construction) in the 2nd operational year: Construction of 100 bungalows : Construction of a big swimming pool : Different equipments :
8 000 000 euros 6 000 000 euros 13 000 000 euros
27 000 000 euros
The third phase in the 3rd operational year: Construction of a shopping center : Different equipments :
25 000 000 euros 7 000 000 euros
32 000 000 euros
8. Projected cash flow statement: Over a period of 3 years the project will generate a net cash inflow of 20 000 000 euros. This represents a total yield of 11% over project cost.
9. Risk factors: Although there might be a high logistics cost, the achievability of the project cannot be determined with absolute certainty. Government organizations, Vietnamese bureaucracy and difficult officials in important institutions are realities that could cause any business to be effectively derailed.
PART 4 : MARKETING PLAN AND COMMUNICATION
1. The promotions: The promotions are very important for Magic Chameleon Hotel. We propose many promotions for the Dalat Magic Chameleon Hotel: - 40% of the room rate for the 6 first months of opening of the hotel. Special offers: The hotel invites customers to discover special offers in all services: Exclusively Yours 1 night free for stays of 4 nights Early Booking By reserving at least two weeks in advance, customers benefit rates of - 8% High Gastronomy A plate of fresh fruit per room. Welcome A bottle of champagne on arrival and a box of chocolates in the room. Tenderness Late check-out until 16h A delicious awakening Magic Chameleon Hotel offers 2 nights for stays of 6 nights! Relaxation The hotel offers a free massage. Zen Musical accompaniment relaxation inside the hotel in a magical space or outside in the shady park, surrounded by nature.
Special offers of Magic Chameleon Hotel High Gastronomy: A plate of fresh fruit per room.
Zen in Magic Chameleon Hotel
2. Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel Internet site: Magic chameleon Dalat Hotel Internet Website is the most important element for the promotion, the publicity, the business, the communication of Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat. The presentation of the Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel must be splendid and clear. The design of the website will be entrusted to the best designers of Vietnam. The Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel Internet Website will promote the Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel in the entire world. 3. Publicity: The elements of publicity of Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel are: - Newspapers - Publication - Promotional media - Radio - TV - Internet - Animations - Promotions It is possible to move the Floating Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel to go to all the cities of the seaside of Vietnam to promote Magic Chameleon Hotel. The Floating Phan Rang Magic Chameleon Hotel could go also to other countries of the entire world to promote Magic Chameleon Hotel of Vietnam. It is a way to present the Vietnamese culture. The business is based in the culture concept. 4. Direct marketing: Direct marketing is a form of advertising that reaches its audience without using traditional formal channels of advertising, such as TV, newspapers or radio. Businesses communicate straight to the consumer with advertising techniques such as fliers, catalogue distribution, promotional letters, and street advertising. Direct Advertising is a sub-discipline and type of marketing. There are two main definitional characteristics which distinguish it from other types of marketing. The first is that it sends its message directly to consumers, without the use of intervening commercial communication media. The second characteristic is the core principle of successful Advertising driving a specific "call to action." This aspect of direct marketing involves an emphasis on trackable, measurable, positive responses from consumers (known simply as "response" in the industry) regardless of medium. 50
The mainly Direct Marketing Strategies of Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel are: B to C B to B Internet Website Media (TV, radio, newspapers, adversiting..)
5. References with the Tour Operators and the Travel Agencies: Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel will build good relations with all the Tour Operators and all the Travel Agencies of the entire world to promote the hotel. The tour operators typically combines tour and travel components to create holidays. The most common example of a tour operator's product would be a flight on a charter airline plus a transfer from the airport to a hotel and the services of a local representative, all for one price. Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel must be present in the tour operators to promote the destination in Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat in Vietnam. Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel hope that the tour operators will exercise contracting power with suppliers (airlines, hotels, other land arrangements, cruises, etc.) and influence over other entities (tourism boards and other government authorities) in order to create packages and special departures for destination Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel in Vietnam. The travel agency is a retail business that sells travel related products and services to customers on behalf of suppliers such as airlines, car rentals, cruise lines, hotels, railways, sightseeing tours and package holidays that combine several products. In addition to dealing with ordinary tourists most travel agencies have a separate department devoted to making travel arrangements for business travelers and some travel agencies specialize in commercial and business travel only. There are also travel agencies that serve as general sales agents for foreign travel companies, allowing them to have offices in countries other than where their headquarters are located. Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel hope to have the best relationship with the travel agencies of the entire world to promote Magic Chameleon Hotel in Dalat in Vietnam. 6. Official opening : Itâ€™s the most important day of Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel. In its official opening day, Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel will invite many movie stars of Vietnam to promote the hotel. The ceremony must be splendid with many animations, fireworks, promotions, music, dances, high gastronomyâ€ŚIt is the occasion to promote the hotel. 51
Vietnam is a beautiful country. The quality of hotels in Vietnam takes source from the art of hospitality and from the smile of the Far East, from taste and flavor of exoticism, from that charm side, luxury and sophistication that Asia is so well done. Vietnam wants to seduce the local customers, but also the international clientele. The rising tide of hotel facilities in Vietnam is a reality. It grows in number of rooms, as well as quality, trying to develop a good local tourism in time of crisis and for the future. The creation of Magic Chameleon Dalat Hotel responds to the request of the market. The project concept is attractive.
[ 1 ] The culture of Vietnam: Vietnamese Traditional Family Values Traditional values of Vietnamese lifestyle were deeply affected by Confucian ethics. During thousand years the Chinese invaded and maintained control Vietnam, Vietnamese culture was permeated by their Confucian philosophical beliefs. This philosophy based for the existence of and extended family structure through 2,000 years of Vietnamese history. Vietnamese Non-Verbal Communication As in most cultures, non-verbal communication plays an important role in Vietnamese society, sometimes to accompany and reinforce linguistic symbols, sometimes as a substitute for words. Vietnamese Social Relationships The desire to achieve harmony between the self and the non-self remains an essential preoccupation of the Vietnamese in interpersonal relations outside the family group. The basic principles underlying family relationships is extended to the relationships between members of wider social groups. Communicating with Vietnamese Many languages and dialects are spoken in Vietnam, but Vietnamese is the official language and the language of most people. Many older Vietnamese are familiar with French or English. Interest in English has been rising, with language schools opening throughout the country. Vietnamese Family Life Vietnamese life is profoundly influenced by ancestor worship. Children learn at a very early age that they owe everything to their parents and their ancestors. Doing well in school and working hard honors one's parents and the family name. Respect for parents and ancestors is extended to all elders, whose life experiences are valued.
Family and Social Culture Before the late 1980s, nearly all Vietnamese people lived in villages, and the cultivation of wet rice was the principal economic activity. The basic component of rural society was the nuclear family, composed of parents and unwed children. Educational System In Vietnam In The Past Because of 1000 years under the cruel domination of Chinese, there are no records which indicate that a formal education system in Vietnam was established Before Christ or even under the Chinese conquers years from 207 BC to 939 AD. Vietnamese Spiritual Life In Vietnamese society, people have a habit of being superstitious and this has been part of their daily life. On such occasions as marriages, funerals and open new house, people will try to choose a propitious date. The Current Vietnamese Contemporary Art Since the 1950s, installation and performance are two branches of contemporary art that have become important facets of mainstream art. Vietnamâ€™s modern artists, forever innovators, are at the forefront of expanding installation and performance art into new realms. Vietnamese Silk Painting The traditional Vietnamese art of silk painting has become famous around the world for its simple poetic themes and vibrant colors. Dong Ho Painting Dong Ho Painting is a kind of Vietnamese folk painting originating in Dong Ho Village in Song Ho Commune, Thuan Thanh District, Bac Ninh Province. Dong Ho paintings have about 300 years of history in the north of Vietnam. The Vietnamese Art Phases Covers the most important phrases of Vietnamese Art through time. An Overview of Vietnamese Art from Early Time to Date Compared to other Asian countries, and according to several art commentators, Vietnam was the earliest to merge into the main stream of modern art, as defined by the West, in both form and content. Such a fact can be easily seen with the coming into existence of Ecole Des Beaux Arts (Indochina's School of Fine Art) in the early 1930s, with the presence of professors from France. 54
Contemporary Vietnamese Art at a Glimpse It is not very long since Vietnamese Art in general and contemporary Vietnamese art in particular emerged from unrecognizable thing - I'd rather say anonymity - to have its say on the world's art scene. Vietnamese Paper Painting Among the Vietnamese plastic arts, wood engraving is a long standing traditional one. We have inherited from our ancients from Dong Ho village a valuable tradition of wood engraving in color. Vietnamese Oil Painting After the restoration of peace, Tran Van Can produced a canvas retying the rope of the irrigation scoop, which was a creation of high professional level he had long mastered. Vietnamese Lacquer Painting The principal material for pumice lacquer painting is Vietnamese lacquer, used to lacquer cultural objects and current usage articles. Vietnamese wedding has its own specialty and cultural characteristic. Click here to discover how Vietnamese wedding are celebrated in both traditional and modern ways. Pregnancy and Birth Customs Pregnancy and birth customs cover all customs of Vietnamese people when having a baby and other related topics to pregnancy and birth. Vietnamese celebration for longevity custom Each passing year in a personâ€™s life brings esteem and respect to their family and neighborhood. Formerly, at the age of 40 one was honored for being an old man or woman. Vietnamese Funeral Customs
"The sense of the dead is that of the final", says a Vietnamese proverb, implying that funeral ceremonies must be solemnly organized. Open New House Celebration Customs In the past, building a house was considered one of the three most important events in Vietnamese life. These were purchasing a buffalo, looking for a wife, and building a house. 55
Villageâ€™s guilds custom The Vietnamese culture has evolved from the basis of a wet rice cultivating civilization. Because of this, the lifestyle of the Vietnamese population is closely related to native villages and lands. Superstition in Vietnam What is the best way to keep a child healthy? An old Vietnamese grandfather believes the charm of a certain necklace wards off evil spirits and he may give it to his grandson to protect the boy. An employee fails to show up for work on the third day of the lunar month because he believes that particular date brings him bad luck. A student tries to borrow money to buy lottery tickets because he dreamed of fire the night before. Ancestor Worship The presence of the dead, the behaviour of the living, and an influence on the future - the many generations of the Vietnamese family. Vietnames Hair Cut When considering the styling dilemmas once faced by Vietnamese men, a "bad hair day" takes on a whole new meaning. Dao Hung explains why hairdos once led to public ridicule, whippings, and even jail terms. Dykes Keep Vietnam abreast of Historyâ€™s Tide Control of the rivers has been crucial to the Vietnamese peopleâ€™s hard-won ability to survive and thrive in a sometimes unforgiving land. The construction of dykes along rivers is without a doubt one of the most important steps in the emergence of the Vietnamese people. Paper Fan In Vietnamese tradition, the paper fan was an indispensable item in times of yore, one of eight prized objects in every household - the others being a gourd bowl, a quill pen, a Ty Ba (fourstring guitar), an orchid, a chess-set, a sword and a feather-duster. Beauty of the Ancient Architecture Apart from Hoi An, Hanoi is Vietnam's only city where ancient streets can be found. These streets still keep the same appearance that they had at the end of 19th century. According to historical sources, they have been the true core of Thang Long since its foundation nearly a thousand years ago.
Rice in Vietnam Many Vietnamese people say their country looks like two rice baskets placed at two ends of a pole. Vietnamese traditional toys About common Vietnamese traditional toys. Vietnamese Traditional Stilt Houses Whatever their style and size, Vietnam's traditional stilt houses complement their natural settings. Simple and unimposing, these houses reflect the unique cultures of Vietnam's diverse ethnic groups. Tale of Vietnamese Dragon In Asian myths, no creature is as impressive as the dragon. For Vietnamese peasants, the dragon was a vivid symbol of the fourfold deity-clouds, rain, thunder and lighting.
[ 2 ] Tet : Meaning of Vietnamese New Year The festival which best epitomizes Vietnam's cultural identity is Vietnamese New Year or Tet. Popular festivals play a major role as mirror and guardian of a nation's cultural identity. In this aspect, the festival which best epitomizes Vietnam's cultural identity is Tet. Vietnamese New Year Customs It is a short version of Tet Nguyen Dan, or literally, the first morning of the first day of a first lunar cycle. Vietnamese New Year is the most celebrated holiday in Vietnam and the preparations are meticulous and require a lot of time in advance. Vietnamese New Year Decorations Describe what and how Vietnamese people use to celebrate New Year such as peach blossoms, parallel sentences, plate of five fruits and more. Vietnamese New Year Food Banh Chung is one of special traditional food during the Vietnamese New Year celebration. 57
[ 3 ] Confucianism: Confucianism is a set of ethical beliefs, sometimes called a religion, that were developed from the teachings of the scholar Confucius, who lived in the 6th century BCE in China. His theories and philosophy gave rise to laws based on his teachings first in China, and then later in Japan, Korea and Vietnam. All who studied and practiced Confucianism aimed at harmonious relationships that would result in greater peace in their countries. Elements of Confucianism, though it is no longer widely practiced, persist in many Asian cultures. Like many of the great philosophers and religious leaders, Confucius did not keep records of his own words and deeds. Instead, the texts that make up Confucianism are recordings from his students, and their students. This is a bit complicated because many texts recording Confucian thought were burned during the Qin Dynasty. Dissenters of Confucianism were authorized to burn all materials in reference to it. Thus the records of Confucian thought are fragmented and sometimes contradict themselves or require explanation that is not given. Nevertheless, during the Han Dynasty, which lasted until about 220 CE, Confucian thought was the inspiration for establishing the rules and laws of China. After the Han fell, Confucian thought was widely discarded in favor of Buddhism, but enjoyed a rebirth again in the 7th century. At that time, scholars blended ideas of Buddhism, Daoism and Confucian thought in order to create laws and emphasize the way right relationships can establish peace. The principal concepts in Confucianism were primarily meant to apply to rulers, nobility and scholars. Confucianism doesn’t aim toward the general populace, as does Buddhism. The beginning of Confucianism is the idea that people must be virtuous, especially rulers. Selfvirtue, expressed in modesty, truthfulness, loyalty, charity, and learning were essential requirements for all. The sum total of this social virtue is often referred to as the Jen. It was impossible to expect virtue in the people governed, if the governors (or emperors) did not display the highest virtues, and did not promote the education of others to obtain these virtues. The Golden Rule arises in Confucianism: What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others. Emphasis is placed on virtuous relationship with others and acting “right” with all. Through virtuous behavior and observance of right relationships, harmony is established in the self and in the kingdom. Confucianism does include the concept of the divine and is expressed. Men should have three “awes.” Awe can be translated as respect and veneration of the following:
Heaven’s decree Great Men Saints (past thinkers or ancestors)
Confucianism opposes war since it is the antithesis of harmonious relationship. It also opposes enforcement of too many laws, as the ideal is that all people will live in harmony and govern themselves. There are five principal relationships to which man has varying responsibility. These are husband and wife, parent and child, elder and younger siblings or all younger people’s relationship to elders, Ruler and Subject, and friend and friend. Of these, one of the most important relationships is still emphasized today in modern China, Japan and Korea. The relationship between parent/child is also called filial piety, the idea that children, even adult ones, must respect and obey their parents, and in general, their elders. This relationship is maintained in many households in Asian countries. Word of the parents is the law of the children when this relationship remains harmonious. Care of the parents as they age is another aspect of filial piety. The principal texts of Confucianism are the following, available in numerous translations:
The I Ching The Book of Odes or Shih Ching Book of History or Shu Ching Records of Rites or Li Ching Spring and Autumn Annals or Ch’un Ch’iu
CETRAD PARIS CETRAD VIETNAM Office de Tourisme de DALAT SOFITEL DALAT "Le Courrier du Vietnam", quotidien en langue française du Vietnam, présentant l'actualité nationale, internationale et touristique. Huard Pierre et Durand Maurice: "Connaissance du Vietnam", Ecole Française d'Extrême Orient, Hanoi, 1954 Nguyễn văn Ký: "La société vietnamienne face à la modernité", L'Harmattan, Paris, 1995 Poulain Jean-Pierre: "Pratiques alimentaires et identités culturelles" (Acte du colloque "Le patrimoine gastronomique du Vietnam"), Hanoi, Septembre 1997, Etudes Vietnamiennes. Trần văn Khê: "La musique vietnamienne traditionnelle", Presses Universitaires de France, Paris, 1962 Plusieurs livres en langue vietnamienne sur le Vietnam, sur Dalat. http://www.vietnam-culture.com http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-confucianism.htm Site internet officiel du Ministère du Tourisme du Vietnam : http://www.vietnamtourism.gov.vn http://www.dulichvn.org.vn http://www.vietnamtourism-info.com http://www.vietnam-tourism.com