AMAZING BEES! AMAZING EDUCATION!
To enhance the curiosity about the natural world To encourage students to be observant and to ask themselves questions.
To learn about the honey bee anatomy and life cycle.
Understand the form and function of flowers.
Understand the process and importance of pollination.
All the students will enjoy the following activities in Obaguesâ€™s farm... 1. Observation of the hive and watching bees at work and dancing, view different types of bees, identify eggs, larva and pupa (the lifecycle of bees) Activity before you visit us: Can students write a few words about honey bees at work?
Honeybees at Work!! Skills of the bees BEES USUALLY DO THESE TASKS... 1.TO CLEAN THE CELLS (workers bees) 2. TO FEED THE LARVAE (workers bees) 3. TO GO OUT THE HIVE TO COLLECT THEIR FOOD AND SOME PRODUCTS (workers bees) 4.TO FEED AND PROTECT THE QUEEN BEE (workers bees) 5. ACT AS GUARDIANS (workers bees) 6. TO FERTILIZE THE QUEEN (drone bees; male bees) 7. TO LAY EGGS INTO THE CELLS (The queen bee)
2. Learn some vocabulary about beekeeping Activity before you visit us: Match the english words on the left to the corresponding Catalan translation on the right.
L’ABELLA DE LA MEL
RECOLLIDOR DE POLEN
QUADRES DE FUSTA
SKILLS OF THE BEES
TASQUES DE LES ABELLES
RECOLLIDOR DE PROPOLIS
ESTAMPADORA DE CERA
EL MEDI NATURAL
To lay eggs PRINTWAX MACHINE
THE QUEEN BEE
POSAR ELS OUS
TO LAY THE EGGS
3. Identify and observe the different members of the honeybeeâ€™s society.
Activity before you visit us: Try to find the differences between each bee. What can you say about each one?
4. Observe the anatomy of the honey bee.
Can you answer the following questions? 1. Look at this worker bee!! Why has she got such a long tongue?
2. What would happen if a bee stang you?
4. Observe the characteristics of the flowers that are pollinated by bees.
Activity before you visit us: Can you investigate and try to appreciate the relationship of honey bees and flowering plants?
5. WHAT CAN DO SO THAT A
BEE DOESN’T STING YOU IN JUNEDA? Please, try to find the words into the crossword and fill in the gaps
1. Don’t w--- in front of the entrance of the h---. 2. Do not h-- the h--3. Avoid b---- color in your working c------. You need w---- c------. 4. You n--- two pairs of s---- in each ankle and two pairs of t-------. The t------- should tie them! 5. The girls must tie up the hair with a r----6.We must s---- the bees
CROSSWORD P A N T S V Q W E R T Y U P O M U
T S D F V B N M O P T R K C A L B
Y H S Q E R S W T Y I U J L M K A
H I V E Q S G H O F G H J O B L T
U T D J J U T I F R H N M T V O R
U J K L L T R T E E K S D H D K O
Q P U Y T R N E E D R F D E A A U
S O C K S P O I U J H D S S Q D S
M H A Z X C V B N M K L Ñ W Q S E
O I U Y E R R T T T Y N O B B I R
K O L K J H B B V C F T R E S U S
E W S D C X Z V B N L U I O P S A
6. You aren’t a honeybee!! You are a wasp! (Explore the similarities and differences between our honeybee and wasps).Colour, write and learn
Your waist is too stringy
You are a honeybee
Your body is so fatty! 7. MAKE A HONEYCOMB TOGETHER!! One student for each cell! What do you want to learn about beekeeping in Juneda? Can you send us the questions? nuuu W
EX: WHAT DOES THE QUEEN EAT?