{' '} {' '}
Limited time offer
SAVE % on your upgrade.

Page 10

UFOs are here to stay! By Richard Lawrence

When three men described seeing a UFO hovering over a stable in Bethlehem two thousand years ago, they weren’t dismissed out-of-hand as they probably would be today. Nobody questioned whether they had been drinking or taking drugs, or tried to suggest that what they were looking at was an airplane, a satellite, a meteorite, a drone, marsh gas or even a flock of birds. In fact, they have gone down in posterity as being wise. There’s nothing strange about having a sighting. After he experienced one in 1974, John Lennon wrote in his song Nobody Told Me: “There’s a UFO over New York and I ain’t too surprised.” Scientists now believe that there could be billions of planets with the capacity to sustain life as we know it, never mind life as we don’t – and that’s just in this galaxy. And then there’s multi-dimensional life in the universe. Theoretical physicists estimate that only 4% of matter is visible, with the remaining 96% being so-called dark energy or dark matter which is undetectable. Others point to the electromagnetic spectrum, of which the proportion that can be seen – the visible light spectrum – is so small as to be relatively negligible. Governments haven’t helped. There is no longer any reasonable doubt that they lied and withheld the truth about extraterrestrial spacecraft for years. That too doesn’t surprise anybody in this era of spin, when the dishonesty of politicians is routine. When Sir Winston Churchill, as Prime Minister in 1952, asked his Air Minister, “What does all this stuff about flying saucers amount to? What can it mean? What is the truth?”, even he was fobbed off with misleading bureaucratic platitudes. As someone who has campaigned and spoken about UFOs for decades, it is heart-warming to see more and more people seeking the spirituality behind this phenomenon. At one time – though thankfully not so much today – ufology fell into two distinct camps. There were those who embraced the metaphysical as well as the physical aspects, and those who adopted a purely ‘nuts and bolts’ approach and would look at nothing else. The latter group was particularly illogical when you consider that spiritual texts through the ages, from east and west alike, have been prime sources for this phenomenon. The vimanas of the Hindu scripts were flying celestial vehicles in which gods, such as Rama, were transported. Both Moses and Jesus traveled in co-called clouds – and there are many other examples of UFOs in the Bible. The Roman

10

w w w. B o d y M i n d S p i r i t G u i d e . c o m

Jan 2020

Profile for Penny Golden

Body Mind Spirit Guide 2020 01 January  

Your Guide to a healthy body and enlightened mind and a renewed Spirit! January issue: The magic of new beginnings

Body Mind Spirit Guide 2020 01 January  

Your Guide to a healthy body and enlightened mind and a renewed Spirit! January issue: The magic of new beginnings