The following are a few tips on how to go about building brand personality:
1. Write with personality When creating content for your website, avoid writing in an overly formal manner. Instead, write in the second person, thereby directly addressing the reader. This will make it easier for readers to engage with what you're saying. Don't be afraid to inject a sense of humor into your content, as long as it's appropriate. There's no better way to show that your brand has personality than by making someone laugh or smile.
2. Engage on social media Focus on building relationships with your audience by engaging with them on your social media channels. This doesn't just mean posting regularly or posting a question once in a while, it means actively encouraging discussions, answering questions, addressing concerns and just responding to insightful comments that your followers leave. By engaging in such a way, it shows you care about what your audience thinks and what it has to say, and it will make them feel like they are interacting with a person and not a corporation when they engage with your brand.
4. Give your audience a behind-the-scenes look Give your audience a glimpse behind the scenes by producing videos of company events, question and answer sessions with upper management or your creative teams, interviews, and even just behind-the-scenes footage of a regular day on the job. Such videos will allow some of the personalities in your company to shine, giving audiences real people to connect your brand to.
5. Admit your mistakes There's nothing consumers hate more than a company that tries to cover its tracks when it makes a mistake. For example, if a customer leaves a poor review of your service, don't delete the review or try to defend yourself. Instead, admit that you made a mistake and do what you can to provide
Donâ€™t be afraid to inject a sense of humor into your content, as long as itâ€™s appropriate. Thereâ€™s no better way to show that your brand has personality than by making someone laugh or smile.
3. Work on your About Us page Instead of just listing various accomplishments by upper management, flesh out your About Us page. Use storytelling to give readers a real sense of the history of your company, who your company is, what it stands for and what your goals are. If your audience feels like they get a sense of who you are from your About Us page, it will make it a lot easier for them to connect with your brand through the content you produce.
an adequate solution. Consumers are going to be more impressed by your willingness to learn from your mistakes, and the fact that you can admit that you're not perfect will make it easier for your audience to relate to you. Your brand personality has a really big impact on how your audience will be able to connect with you and relate to your brand. These are a few ways that you can build your brand personality, making it easier to increase both brand trust and brand loyalty.
Dalana Morse is the founder of DAM Media and Design, a boutique design and digital marketing firm located in Fort Worth, Texas. Dalana is a seasoned professional with a diverse background in marketing, web and media design, digital and social media marketing, and search engine optimization. Having served in marketing leadership roles for close to a decade, her experience spans both B2B and B2C industries including multifamily and single family real estate, electrical and utility technologies, and visual branding agencies. For more information, visit dalanamorse.com or dammediaanddesign.com
CRAFT BRAND AND MARKETING