Test your flu iq
The flu vaccine cannot cause autism. True:
The vaccine is safe and none of the flu vaccine at the Health Department contains mercury.
A flu shot will decrease the chances of both a pregnant woman and her baby of dying from the flu by over 50% (and it almost always keeps mom and baby from catching the flu). True:
Flu & pregnancy • Flu vaccine is a safe way to protect you and your unborn
recommended for pregnant
baby from serious illness and
women for many years.
complications of flu. • When pregnant women get flu shots, both mothers and their babies get the flu less often.
The vaccine will prevent a pregnant woman from getting the flu and will give the unborn child some protection.
• The flu shot can be given at any time while you are pregnant. • The flu shot is safe for women who plan to breastfeed
• Flu vaccination may even help
and the vaccine can be
protect your baby from the flu
given to mothers who are
after your baby is born.
• Flu shots are safe for pregnant women and their unborn
Flu & Smoking
babies. The shot has been
• If you smoke, the risk of getting the flu increases.
• Talk to your doctor about flu vaccination during pregnancy.
• If you get vaccinated, you are as protected against flu as
• If you smoke and get flu,
someone that doesn’t smoke.
you are more likely to have complications. A special supplement from the 7 Arkansas department of novemBER health MATURE ARKANSAS 17, 2011