INDUSTRY FORUM ASTRA
Marketplace & Academy in Minneapolis: It’s On! Sue Warfield, president of the American Specialty Toy Retailing Association, on all there is to look forward to at the
association’s Marketplace & Academy event in Minneapolis, Minnesota — ASTRA’s first in-person event in over a year.
SUE WARFIELD, ASTRA PRESIDENT
It’s been two years since we gathered together in Pittsburgh and we
are so excited to see everyone in-person! We’ve seen each other via Zoom and multiple other virtual video options, but there’s nothing like the live show, educational offerings, and just getting together. Here’s why you’ll be glad you decided to attend: •
personal connections that have helped you make it, not only industry.
industry — the ones who know what it is like to be in your shoes
· For the chance to see and touch products you may have already ordered, but have only seen in photo or video format.
· For the chance to further your relationships with the manufactu-
· For the show specials that can be used to add on to existing
· For the chance to engage and have fun – we always have events
rers, sales reps and ASTRA retailers.
orders or for new orders
· For the Game and Kit playtime on Sunday morning – earn extra prizes by the number of tables you “play” at!
What better way to get new ideas for merchandising!
that allow you to just relax and enjoy being with your toy industry colleagues and we’ve all missed social interaction!
· For the opportunity to get to know the ASTRA board and staff as we look to reinvent the way we all do business and put our focus
on our members and what offerings and programs will be the best
· For the educational sessions — led mostly by your peers in the and can share their insights in a way that is truly relevant
· For the option of going on a bus tour of local ASTRA stores.
For your business — it’s more important than ever to make the through the crazy past year, but through all your time in the toy
and most relevant as the landscape of retail continues to change. •
· For the lip sync battle — a tradition you don’t want to miss! Things are moving in the right direction. Catch the excitement. Get
inspired. Take time to relax. Register for Full Conference to get access to all the many events taking place.
Find out more information at MarketplaceAndAcademy.Org/Home.
Marketplace & Academy takes place on August 5-8 at the Minneapolis Convention Center in Minneapolis, MN.
See the following page for the schedule of events taking place throu-
ghout the conference.
10 tfe August 2021
7/19/21 6:02 PM