*Logo is ‘stretched’ making it difficult to read. The colors are very dull or murky shades of red and gold. The design itself is a bit busy containing unnecessary
Original logo for TNA, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
T O TA L
TI C A P O NST
New TNA logo, design by Aaron Fields.
* Logo is simple, the font chosen is easy to read, a thick stroke is applied to give it a bit of a pop. The two main colors of red and gold were preserved, but with a much richer shade. From the start I knew I wanted the logo to look much more athletic and less ‘wrasslin’. I believe I have achieved that well. You can apply the less is more theory to this updated logo.
*First initial attempt with new logo. I tried to create a design connecting the letters TNA, much similar to the original logo. The font chosen it impact (although you wouldnâ€™t be able to tell). This design failed as it is not legible.
* Iâ€™ve nixed my first concept. I know that the TNA will be the most prominent of the design. My main focus now is to make sure the letters are legible. I like the blocky look of the impact font. It tends to give the design more authority.
* This is an experiment using only using lowercase letters. The font choice is still impact. The design loses its prominence with lowercase.
* Having decided to stick with the capital letters, I started to experiment with making the letters more of a design feel. I applied outlines making the typeface a shape rather than an actual font. I stretched certain angles the T and the A. This shows relation to the original. Iâ€™ve also joined the T and the N.
* Here is the initial shape finished. Note how with a heavier stroke applied helps enrich the red fill. 5.)
With my main focal point established, I start to experiment with secondary elements.
* TNA is well known for their six sided wrestling ring, Iâ€™ve incorporated that shape with this comp. I have chosen to skew it slightly to give it a sense of depth. This concept ended up being rejected due to the fact that it makes the logo to large and if it were to be shrunk it would lead to visibility issues.
TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION * This comp actually spells out TNA, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. This tends to take away from its subtlety.
T O TA
TOP A L N ONS
* This is the accepted version. Note how it slightly hangs at an angle to give it a sense of depth. I did incorporate the use of the words Total Nonstop Action, but had brought it down font size so that the main element is still TNA. This still holds true to the original keeping its two main colors intact red and gold
T O TA L
TO TA L
* Here I have the TNA logo on different merchandise that the company puts out. Here you have a standard T-shirt. Right next to it you have actual TNA television programing.
NO NS TO
P AC TI
N O N L A TOT
TIO C A P O ST
Design by Aaron Fields, 2008.