CREATIVITY AWARD SUBMISSION
• Create a second Bulldog Beanery in Shipman Library where students can enjoy a Starbucks-like atmosphere, sip coffee and grab a snack in a quiet studying environment.
- SIERRA JOHNSON - Student
MONTHLY CLOCK TOWER RIBBONS THEME
• Create a beautiful drapery or lighting of the colors of the Ribbons of Excellence on the Herrick Bell Tower on a monthly basis, as a reminder of what each ribbon stands for.
- DR. MARTI MORALES - Associate Professor, Biology
ADRIAN COLLEGE LEGACY TREE: HISTORICAL ROOTS
• A large art piece in the shape of a tree where upon graduation, the name and class year of the legacy graduate is printed on a metal leaf and linked to the name(s) of other family members who have previously graduated from Adrian College.
- ANDREA BURT ’02 - Executive Assistant to President
RITCHIE PATIO REJUVENATION
CHAPEL STAINED GLASS LIGHTING
• Mount floodlights outside each of the chapel’s stained glass windows to illuminate them for late afternoon/evening events in the chapel. - DR. TOM HODGMAN - Professor, Music
“WHERE’S YOUR SPOT?”
• Using an interactive digital sign, create a program with AC campus locations/ landmarks where students and alumni can then mark the spot where they decided to choose AC and share their moment/story for others to view. - MADELYN TAPP - Student
CONNECTING THE PAST TO THE PRESENT
• Adorn the blank walls of the lower level Shipman Library corridor with the AC art of honorary alumnus William B. Cairns (1921). Cairns designed the College seal and put his siblings through school as an artist and photographer.
- NOELLE KELLER - Technical Services Librarian
• Rejuvenate the area by adding more inviting furniture and more shade to encourage greater use of the Ritchie Patio. - BRITTNEY DULBS - Sodexo Staff
WINNER ANDREA BURT ‘02
ADRIAN COLLEGE LEGACY TREE HISTORICAL ROOTS “The idea of the Legacy Tree adds to campus in many ways, being a point of pride and tradition, as well as another piece of art enhancing our already beautiful campus. Through this tree, the College will be able to represent its rich history of families who have attended Adrian College.”
Matt Armentrout • Cindy Beaubien • Amy Campbell • Dr. Tina Claiborne Rachelle Duffy • Dr. Jennifer Ellsworth • Melissa Freshcorn • Dr. Oded Gur-Arie
Ex-officio Dr. Agnes Caldwell • President Jeffrey Docking
STAT E O F T H E CO L L E G E