SEA CHANGE IN THE WORLD OF CRUISING
Over the years cruises have become an increasingly popular holiday options for families with children ranging from tots to teens, couples on a romantic getaway trying to re-kindle their romance or retired folk that want to relax. Now a days there is a cruise to suit anyone’s tastes! There are packages for everyone from range of about 16 different cruise ship companies to choose from the options are endless and prices can start from as little as £300.
WITH TRAVLIN SYLE Disc ounts with your favourite cruise c ompany
Celebrity Fred Olsen Azamara Oceania P&O Royal Carribean NCL Carnival MSC Cunard and many more
Dial for a quote on 020 8954 0077 Fully bonded
2) Activities This rumour is definitely not true as over the years there are now cruises that offer a variety of services. Theses activities include pool games, hobby work shops like flowerarranging and watching all sorts of demonstrations to name a few. Not only that but cruises also offer a range of performances all throughout the day into the night and these can range from musical
TIP: make sure to book early for the best deals! DIFFERENT TYPES OF CRUISES
1) For the Family There are many family friendly cruises that are on offer contrary to popular belief. There are children dedicated cruises such as the famous cruises that Disney offer filled with popular characters from classic Disney fairy tales. Certain cruises will also have separate kids’ areas, although you won’t find any of the luxurious amenities that you find
hanging out. It is useful to note that the lounges are often closed during meal times and late at night. Families with very small children may also be able to use youth facilities for parentchild playtime. For older kids that need activity Royal
nered with outside sources to offer unique programs, such as acting and juggling classes, hands-on science experiments and DJ training. Children can spend as much or as little time as they want in the kids' clubs, either participating in activities or just
Cruise of a lifetime Price from £2450
booking done by 13th May, 2016. Departure date: 6th September
ial o for A ffer V
Caribbean offers rock-climbing walls, zip-lines, ice and inline skating, surf simulators, boxing rings, and basketball and volleyball courts. Holland America, an elegant mid-size line, has traditionally drawn a more mature crowd by emphasising the
classic cruising experience over partying and pushing the adrenaline limits. TIP: different cruise lines will offer different activities and facilities so make sure you do your research before booking
Opportunities to do River Safari on the Grizzly Bear Valley One and only unique water in the Grizzly Bear Valley Flight timing: 6th September AC851 Departure London Heathrow @1305 Reaching: Calgary 1455 Return AC854
18th September Vancouver 1840 London Heathrow 11.40 +1 (next day) 4* hotels & 5 Star with Celebrity Cruise Direct flight from Heathrow with Air Canada. No extra border crossing into USA. First Rockies and then Cruise. Includes: Calgary City Tour, Banff, Columbia Ice Field & Glacier Skywalk, Lake Louise, Emerald lake, Spiral tunnels, Bow Falls, Jasper, Kamloops, Vancouver City Tour Cruise - Icy Strait Point, Hubbard Glacier, Juneau, Ketchikan
LI N E
2) The Romantic Romance and cruises have always had a long and strong history of going hand in hand. With Hollywood films such as the iconic An Affair to Remember it is very clear that cruises can be ideal for CONTINUED ON P18
CANADA AND ALASKA CRUISE 14 DAYS
A journey of scenic splendours- starting with the rocky mountains and to the ocean’s edge into the cruise to witness snow-capped peaks, remote fjords and the ice-etched beauty.
Day 01: UK to Calgary Fly to Calgary. Orientation City Tour. Tour Stampede Park, Calgary Tower (from outside), St Stephens Avenue Mall, Olympic Park, City Hall and Fort Calgary. Overnight in Calgary. Breakfast, Indian Dinner Day 02: Banff – Lake Louise – Lake Emerald – Spiral Tunnels Pass Yoho National Parks, See Lake Louise, Spiral Tunnels, Emerald Lake,Natural bridge, Lake Minnewanka. In Banff - Sulphur Mountains, Bow Falls. Optional to Banff cable car. Breakfast, Indian Dinner
*All prices are from and subject to change and availability
TIP: when choosing the rooms you should always try to get a room in the middle of the ship as this is where there is the least rocking
3) The price People think that cruises are for those that have a lot money but this is not necessarily the case because with careful planning those on a budget can still get the full cruising experience. Try looking for websites that offer discounts or try to go through a travel agent that could get you good deals on cruises. Fred Olsen has 13 mini-cruises, costing from as little as £199 per person, and P&O has added nine short cruises that last for two to five nights visiting the Channel Islands, Belgium and Holland. More lines are luring first-timers by offering shorter cruises such as spending two nights on the Queen Mary as it sails back to Southampton from Hamburg for £399 per person sharing which includes one-way flight back to the UK. When booking onto cruises there is an option to include an all inclusive food and drinks package if you which are cost effective. It is recommended that you also take some money with you to use other special facilities such as the cafe. Also, when choosing room preference there is a variety of different types of rooms that you can choose from. At first the different room names may sound confusing but there are usually 4 types of rooms:
inside the ship, outside the ship with a view, a room with a balcony and finally suite rooms which also include a balcony. Different cruise liners will offer different services so make sure to read up on all the facilities that individual cruise liners offer. For those whose budget has a “sky’s the limit” approach then you could branch out and try out long distance cruises to places such as America or Australia which last around one and a half months. Also on offer are around the world cruises which price around £16,000 and last for approximately 4 months. If you do have the budget it is a must to try out one of the larger balcony rooms or one of the suites where some rooms even include their own kitchen. Silversea offer each with ocean-view suites with Bulgari bath products, Egyptian cotton linens and a butler service.
46 Church Road, Stanmore, Middx, London HA7 4AH email@example.com
1) Motion sickness If you do suffer from motion sickness make sure to take precautions such as drugs or pressure bands. Smaller ships are best avoided if you suffer from serious motion sickness however, in extremely severe cases the ship’s doctor could administer an injection. It is useful to note that ships these days have been built with special features to deal with bad weather. If you are concerned about motion sickness then check with you travel agent when booking as they will be able to best advise you on more calmer routes.
performances, pool shows and even an ice skating show. If you are not the activities type then there is always an options to lounge on the deck and enjoy an icy cocktail.
on an adult only cruise there will be a huge range of facilities that include multiple play areas for the youngest cruisers, teen hangouts and discos, kiddie pools, waterslides, arcades and kids-only deck space. Some lines have part-
MYTHS AND TRUTHS Many people have many misconceptions over cruises such as fear of motion sickness, whether there will be any activity on a cruise and that they are too expensive to afford.
Fly cruises are the best types of cruise that give you the best of both worlds of travel if you want to cruise to more further destinations such as the Bahamas, Morocco and Orlando. Fly cruises are package deals that include flights to the destination you are departing from, hotel costs at the place you are departing from and an all inclusive cruise package. Some packages include extra stay in the place that you depart from which include destinations such as: New York, Orlando, Miami or Barbados. A cruise is an unforgettably amazing experience so if you do decided to try one out remember to always look at the reviews if you are still unsure which one to go for.
Asian Voice | 7th May 2016
SPECIAL Asian Voice | 7th May 2016
• B OO
Day 03: Banff – Columbia Ice Field – Glacier Skywalk – Jasper – Mt Robson – Valemount Drive towards Jasper National park along the Icefield Parkway. View Bow Lake, Waterfowl Lake. Ride on Columbia Ice on a snow coach over Athabasca Glacier. Glacier Skywalk. Mt Robson. Breakfast, Italian Dinner
Day 04: Valemount – Clear Water – River Safari – Kamloops Drive to Kamloops. River Safari (Optional), Visit the Riverside Park. Breakfast, Indian Dinner
Day 05: Kamloops – Hells Gate – Vancouver Head to Vancouver passing through Fraser River Valley. Thompson River and Hell’s Gate in the Fraser Canyon (optional cable car ride at Hells gate). Woodcarving town of Hope. Breakfast, Indian Dinner
Day 06: Cruise: Vancouver – Embarkation Half day city tour of Vancouver – Chinatown, Gastown, Stanley Park, Granville Island, Robson Street, English Bay, Prospect Point, Lions Gate Bridge. Embark cruise. B,L,D Day 07: Cruise the Inside Passage-At Sea-B,L,D
Day 08: Cruise: Icy Strait Point, Alaska-B,L,D
Day 09: Cruise: Hubbard Glacier Scenic Cruising - B,L,D Day 10: Cruise: Juneau, Alaska - B,L,D
Day 11: Cruise: Ketchikan, Alaska - B,L,D
Day 12: Cruise the Inside Passage-At Sea - B,L,D
Day 13: Fly from Vancouver to London, UK- B,L,D Day 14: Arrive into London
CALL TOD DAY: 020 89 951 0111 W: www.sonatou urs.co.uk E: firstname.lastname@example.org @
For other offers including: Europ pean Coach tours, European Flight tours, Various Cruise packages, World wide destinations. s. Sona Tours Terms and conditions apply: Vie ew our website for full details.
Visit our office: 718 Kento on Road, Kingsbury Circle, Harrow, HA3 9QX
Asian Voice weekly newspaper (Issue 1)