TAKING YOUR HEALTH INTO THE NEXT LEVEL
By Kim Wilson
Taking your health into the next level of lockdown, means that we greater access to the beaches, restaurants and bars, and social gatherings with loved ones, comes unique opportunities to include your health essentials. Here is the ultimate guide to your must-have essentials:
TAKE YOUR HEALTH TO THE BEACH
We will always be advocates for more sunshine and the essential Vitamin D that it brings to our bodies. This is an important nutrient for many systems in our bodies including our bones and joints, our immune system, mood and much more. Spending time on the beach also means more activity than we may have had previously – and we all know the amazing benefits of exercise!
YOUR HEALTH ESSENTIALS:
A skin- and health-friendly sunscreen. Choose a chemical-free, plant-extract-based sunscreen that will block UVA exposure to reduce melanoma risk whilst maximizing UVB exposure to maximise your Vitamin D levels. Choose from our selection of natural sun protection products in store including Sunumbra Sunscreen, Pure Beginnings Sun Cream, and Moringa 5000 Sun Defense Lotion.
EMERGENCY SUNBURN RECOVERY:
We get it, it’s sometimes difficult to remove yourself from the beauty of the beach before you get a bit too much sun exposure. Instead of suffering in pain for the next few days, choose soothing solutions that not only alleviate the pain and redness, but deal with the internal repair of your skin as well. Our favourites in store include Silvergenesis Colloidal Silver Gel or Esi Aloe Vera Gel for topical relief, and Astaxanthin as your internal antioxidant solution to reduce skin aging.
TAKE YOUR HEALTH TO DINNER
Heading out to dinner is once again a luxury that we can indulge in, and we all deserve a break from cooking once in a while. Taking your health to dinner means preparing your body for food (and drink) that may be slightly richer than you are used to, and preventing unwanted side effects thereafter.
YOUR HEALTH ESSENTIALS:
- Natural digestive aids Choose from our wide variety of digestive enzyme products in store to give your natural enzymes a bit of extra support when dealing with richer than normal food. Our favourites include Solgar Vegan Digestive Enzymes, Metagenics Spectrazyme Metagest or NOW Foods Gluten Digest. Taking these with your meal will go a long way to preventing unwanted bloating, heartburn and discomfort.
- Natural bowel support Another unwanted side effect of over-indulging when it comes to food can be constipation. Daily elimination of our bowels is an essential part of a healthy body. Choose from our variety of products to promote regularity from Aloe Fibre Bitter Crystals or Amipro Magnozone (for immediate relief), to more subtle supplements such as Sally Ann Creed’s Psyllium Husk Powder or Magnesium Citrate Powder.
TAKE YOUR HEALTH TO THE PARTY
Social connection is essential to health. If there is one takeaway from going through lockdown, it is the importance of connecting with others often. In fact, one of the main purported benefits of the “Blue Zone” lifestyle is frequent social connection and interaction. Now that we can visit loved ones in person, we are allowed once again to celebrate important milestones and occasions together. Alongside this however, we need to take care of our health if alcohol will be involved.
YOUR HEALTH ESSENTIALS:
- Pre-party liver support Preparation and planning will go a long way when it comes to taking care of your liver health. When you know that it will be under strain, plan to include a liver support complex at least the day leading up to the event. Our favourites include Medford Liverscript, Viridian Organic Milk Thistle, or Solgar N-Acetyl-Cysteine.
- Recovery support Again, ideally take action to prevent hangovers rather than simply deal with them when they arrive. Our hands-down customer favourite product for hangover-prevention is our Sfera Hangover Remedy – taken just before you get to bed after a night out.
Take your health into the next level with the health essentials above, and you will be well-prepared to enjoy the freedom we now have! Embrace the opportunity to get out into the sunshine, head out for a nice dinner and support our amazing local restaurants, and absolutely spend time with your family (safely of course).
NOW WITH ADDITIONAL MILK THISTLE
• Whole Body Detoxification.
• Hormonal Balance.
• Reduction of Alcohol Cravings.
• Immune and Allergy Protocols.
•Assists in liver support and protection while providing additional antioxidant benefits.
•Support and repair in acute and chronic liver disease.
Lifestyle Centre, Ballito,
032 946 0441