Mindanao Daily NEWS northmin . westmin . caraga . davao Your Regional Mindanao-wide Community Newspaper
Volume III, No. 096
web portal: www.businessweekmindanao.com
Monday
ZING
QUANTUM PENDANT THE SUPER - FAST PAIN KILLER GREAT WORK/SPORT ENHANCER For Price, Inquiry & Demo, visit: GREATLAB Polyclinic and Drug testing Center
LIFESTYLE DISTRICT, Corrales Ext., Cagayan de Oro City Contact NOs: (088) 8502489; 09189659562; 09177929464
See story on Page A1 12 September 15, 2014 P15.00
Bill to regulate habal-habal in Visayas and Mindanao A lawmaker has filed a bill regulating the operation of habal-habal, an indigenous means of transportation in Visayas and Mindanao. Rep. Juliette T. Uy (2nd District, Misamis Oriental) said House Bill 4794 seeks to grant Local Government Units (LGUs) the authority to regulate and control the use of the habal-habal in their respective jurisdictions. See STORY, page A8
Prosecutor dismisses complaint versus two drug suspects in C. de Oro By GERRY LEE GORIT Correspondent
CAGAYAN de Oro City–– The city prosecutor’s office in Cagayan de Oro City has dismissed a complaint filed by law authorities against two men accused of drug pushing. Chief city prosecutor Fidel Macauyag said the prosecutor assigned to the case was not convinced of the argument from the law authorities who filed the complaint against Mark Francis Baloc and Eric John Gil, both residents of Cagayan de Oro. The two suspects were arrested in the city for alleged violation of Republic Act 9165, otherwise known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.
M/V Maharlika II anchored off Lipata port in Surigao City in this file photo taken December 2013. The Roll-on/ roll off ferry was undergoing repairs near the port when this photo was taken. The 30-year old ferry sank off Southern Leyte Saturday night, September 13, 2014. MindaNews file photo by Froilan Gallardo
RESCUED. A survivor of the ill-fated MV Maharlika 2 (on wheelchair) talks to a ship worker outside the emergency room of the Caraga Regional Hospital in Surigao City on Sunday morning, September 14, 2014. At least 14 survivors were confined at the hospital following their rescue by foreign and domestic ships. MindaNews photo by Roel N. Catoto
3 dead, 110 rescued; many still missing Bukidnon By Roel Catoto of MindaNews
SURIGAO City––Coast Guard authorities here cannot how many passengers were actually on board the ill-fated ship MV Maharlika 2 which sank off Pintuyan town in Southern Leyte Saturday night, September 13. Capt. Joseph Coyme, Deputy District Commander for Nothern Mindanao of the Philippines Coast Guard, said that as of 11 a.m. Sunday, three persons had been confirmed dead while 110 were rescued. But the HELP. A Philippine Air Force helicopter takes off from the port of Lipata in Surigao number of missing persons City on Sunday morning, September 14, to help in the search and rescue operations remains undetermined as for the missing passengers of the ill-fated MV Maharlika 2 which sank off Southern See missing, page A11
Leyte Saturday night. MindaNews photo by Roel N. Catoto
municipal councilor shot dead By GERRY LEE GORIT Correspondent
CAGAYAN de Oro City––A member of the municipal board of Pangantucan, Bukidnon, was shot dead on Friday while on his way to attend their regular session. Police said municipal councilor Geodoro Sulda, 57, was killed by two men riding in tandem on a motorcycle. See councilor, page A11
Editorial: e-mail: mindanaodailynews@gmail.com • Advertising: e-mail: mindanaodaily.ads@gmail.com Contact: 0917-7121424, 0947-8935776