Mindanao Daily NEWS NORTHMIN
vertical home builders enterprises Patag Highway, Cagayan de Oro City
Tel. No. 858-5789 / Fax No. 850-5020; Cel. Nos. 0919-655-3754, 0923-304-2676 Email: verticalhomebuilders@yahoo.com
Dealer of hardware and construction materials: Product Lines: Angle Bars; Gl Pipes; C-Purlins; Holow Blocks; Coco Lumber; Carrying Channel; Double Furring Channel; Single Furring ; Acoustic Board; Polycarbonate; Power Tools; Good Lumber S4S; Panel Doors; PVC Laminated Panel; PVC Vertical Blinds; Roller Blinds ; Wooden Blinds; Armstrong Vinyl Tiles; Kent Vinyl Tiles; Parquet Tiles - Apo Vinyl Tiles.
“YOU NAME IT, WE HAVE IT.”
Bringing Good News of Mindanao
Volume VI, No. 034
web portal: www.mindanaodailynews.com
Tuesday
July 5, 2016
P15.00
A1
Distributor & Dealer of: Steel Bars; Holcim Cement; Davis Paint; Sand & Gravel; Plywood; INdustrial Supplies; Finishing Supplies; Electrical Supplies; Power Tools; Air Compressors
Crackdown v smugglers, erring personnel starts By Cheng Ordoñez Associate Editor and Gerry Gorit Correspondent
CAGAYAN de Oro City-The Bureau of Customs (BOC) here has formed a seven-man anti-corruption, anti smuggling team in support of President Rodrigo Duterte’s campaign against smuggling and against corruption in the government bureaucracy that will be launching major crackdowns on both Customs and non-Customs personnel. The seven-man
A defiant Mayor Oscar S. Moreno presents the boxing team before the weekly flag raising yesterday at City Hall. The housing of the boxing team was the cause of the mayor’s three-month suspension by the Ombudsman. CIO photo
See CRACKDOWN, page A7
Dismissed, suspended Moreno continues to hold office in CH
Steag unfazed by ban on coal shipment By BONG D. FABE Contributing Editor
By CRIS DIAZ Executive Editor
CAGAYAN de Oro Vice Mayor Raineir Joaquin Uy answers a query from the floor on Monday, July 4, 2016, during the first regular session of the 18th City Council, saying he acts as city vice mayor and the presiding officer of the city’s legislative body and not as city mayor despite an Ombudsman decision suspending Mayor Oscar Moreno. Mindanao Daily News photo by Gerry Lee Gorit
CAGAYAN de Oro City-The recent imposition of a ban on coal shipments to the Philippines by the Indonesian government will not adversely affect Mindanao’s daily power requirements, the spokesman of Mindanao’s first coal-fired power plant said yesterday. By Cheng Ordoñez Jerome Soldevilla, comAssociate Editor munications officer of the Steag State Power, Inc. (SPI) CAGAYAN de Oro Citysaid that the Mindanao -The 18th City Council Power Plant is unaffected convened for the first time, See COAL, page A7 Monday, July 4, 2016, with
DESPITE the dismissal and suspension order, Cagayan de Oro City Mayor Oscar Moreno reported to his office Monday and continued to exercise his duties and responsibilities pending the transmittal of the orders by the Department of Interior and Local Govern-
ment (DILG). Apart from the dismissal and perpetual disqualification order, the Ombudsman also ordered the three months suspension of Moreno in a separate case filed by a village official last year. The Ombudsman issued the suspension order last July 1, 2016 and has ordered the DILG to transmit and execute the suspension order
within 10-day the moment the DILG received the order. Moreno’s lawyers said that the city mayor would continue to exercise his duties and responsibilities as the city’s chief executive pending receipt of the suspension order. Moreno said that the dismissal and perpetual order of the anti-graft See office, page A7
Kikang maintains he is VM not DILG still awaiting mayor during inaugural session order from Ombud newly elected Vice Mayor Raineir Joaquin V. Uy presiding. Uy appointed Councilor Ian Nacaya as the Temporary Floor Leader. But, before the session
went on, Councilor Leon Gan raised a point of order, asking the propriety of Vice Mayor Uy as the presiding officer, following a suspension order issued against See session, page A7
By Mark D. Francisco, Correspondent
CAGAYAN de Oro City––A city-level official of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) said on Monday that it did not receive any document from the Office of the Ombudsman ordering the See order, page A7
Editorial: e-mail: mindanaodailynews@gmail.com • Advertising: e-mail: mindanaodaily.ads@gmail.com Contact: 0917-7121424, 0947-8935776