Mindanao Daily NEWS NORTHMIN
vertical home builders enterprises Patag Highway, Cagayan de Oro City
Tel. No. 858-5789 / Fax No. 850-5020; Cel. Nos. 0919-655-3754, 0923-304-2676 Email: verticalhomebuilders@yahoo.com
Dealer of hardware and construction materials: Product Lines: Angle Bars; Gl Pipes; C-Purlins; Holow Blocks; Coco Lumber; Carrying Channel; Double Furring Channel; Single Furring ; Acoustic Board; Polycarbonate; Power Tools; Good Lumber S4S; Panel Doors; PVC Laminated Panel; PVC Vertical Blinds; Roller Blinds ; Wooden Blinds; Armstrong Vinyl Tiles; Kent Vinyl Tiles; Parquet Tiles - Apo Vinyl Tiles.
“YOU NAME IT, WE HAVE IT.”
Bringing Good News of Mindanao
Volume VI, No. 040
web portal: www.mindanaodailynews.com
Tuesday
July 12, 2016
P15.00
A1
Distributor & Dealer of: Steel Bars; Holcim Cement; Davis Paint; Sand & Gravel; Plywood; INdustrial Supplies; Finishing Supplies; Electrical Supplies; Power Tools; Air Compressors
Not just erring importers and customs personnel
BOC-10 to also run after erring brokers By GERRY LEE GORIT Correspondent
CAGAYAN de Oro City-Not just erring importers and customs personnel, but also brokers in the region will bear the brunt of the newly created District Anti-Corruption, Anti-Smuggling Monitoring Team of the Bureau of Customs District Collection 10 (BOC-10) here. BOC-10 customs collector Atty. Ruby Claudia Alameda, who issued a mission order last week, creating the seven-man team, said the team will go after erring brokers, aside from customs representatives and personnel in the region. See BROKERS, page A7
InsideStory
Oil firms to slash gas prices Today/P2
EMANO
CCTVs to be installed at Misor jail By GERRY LEE GORIT Correspondent
CAGAYAN de Oro City-The provincial government of Misamis Oriental announced on Monday it will introduce changes in its prison facility after about 40 sachets of suspected illegal drugs were found during an inspection that resulted to the suspension of five jail employees last week. Gov. Yevgeny Vincente Emano said he will order the installation of closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras within and around the Misamis Oriental provincial jail (MOPJ) in CorralesLuna Sts. to monitor and movements of detainees and prison guards. He said the putting up of CCTV cameras inside DESPITE THE RISK. Against the danger in the busy streets of Cagayan de Oro City and the scorching heat the MOPJ compound has of the sun, a car-toy vendor on Monday, July 11, 2016, sells his stuff to drivers to make the day’s ends meet. Mindanao Daily News photo by Gerry Lee Gorit
See INSTALLED, page A7
Dismissed, says Ombud on 10 local water execs in fund mess THE Ombudsman has ordered the dismissal from service of at least 10 officials of the Oroquieta City Water District (OCWD) for allegedly depleting around P6.3 million in public funds. Ordered dismissed were former OCWD Chairman Evelyn Catherine Silagon, General Manager Ricardo Ravacio, Board Member Diego Yew, Division Managers Rosalyn Policarpio, Aljun John Berenguel and Bobith Baloncio, Finance Officers Arleen Adlaon, Nelda Antonette
Cabatingan and Joey Kim Villabert, and Corporate Account Analyst Leonita Loma. In a 15-page Decision, Silagon, et al. were found guilty of Grave Misconduct and were meted the accessory penalties of cancellation of eligibility, forfeiture of retirement benefits, perpetual disqualification from re-employment in the public service, and bar from taking the civil service examinations. In case of separation from the service, the penalty is con-
vertible to a fine equivalent to respondent’s one year salary, the press release posted by the Ombudsman on its website yesterday said. In a separate Resolution, the Ombudsman has also directed the filing of Informations for multiple counts of Malversation (Article 217, Revised penal Code) against the respondents. The Ombudsman’s decision confirmed the findings of the 2010 Annual Audit Report of the Commission on Audit (COA)
that Silagon, et al. caused 91 cash withdrawals totaling P790,515.80 which were spent as organizational costs and debt write-offs despite insufficient supporting documents. In addition, a staggering P5,543,716.85 in disbursements had no supporting documents at all. According to the Ombudsman, Policarpio, Adlaon and Villabert admitted that they encashed the checks and remitted the proceeds through local money transfers to Silagon whenever
the latter needed money. “[T]he aforesaid respondents, in an unbridled manner, plundered OCWD’s funds by facilitating disbursements that lacked documents, and, in may instances, had no indication of any particular expense whatsoever in violation of existing COA rules and regulations, particularly Section 4 of P.D. No. 1445 (State Audit Code of the Philippines),” the Ombudsman underscored. source: ombudsman.gov.ph
Editorial: e-mail: mindanaodailynews@gmail.com • Advertising: e-mail: mindanaodaily.ads@gmail.com Contact: 0917-7121424, 0947-8935776