Mindanao Daily Davao (May 23, 2016)

Page 1

Mindanao Daily NEWS northmin . caraga . davao . westmin

vertical home builders enterprises Patag Highway, Cagayan de Oro City

Tel. No. 858-5789 / Fax No. 850-5020; Cel. Nos. 0919-655-3754, 0923-304-2676 Email: verticalhomebuilders@yahoo.com

Dealer of hardware and construction materials: Product Lines: Angle Bars; Gl Pipes; C-Purlins; Holow Blocks; Coco Lumber; Carrying Channel; Double Furring Channel; Single Furring ; Acoustic Board; Polycarbonate; Power Tools; Good Lumber S4S; Panel Doors; PVC Laminated Panel; PVC Vertical Blinds; Roller Blinds ; Wooden Blinds; Armstrong Vinyl Tiles; Kent Vinyl Tiles; Parquet Tiles - Apo Vinyl Tiles.

“YOU NAME IT, WE HAVE IT.”

Bringing Good News of Mindanao

Volume VI, No. 003 web portal: www.mindanaodailynews.com

Monday

May 23, 2016

P15.00

A1

Distributor & Dealer of: Steel Bars; Holcim Cement; Davis Paint; Sand & Gravel; Plywood; INdustrial Supplies; Finishing Supplies; Electrical Supplies; Power Tools; Air Compressors

Governor joins fray vs. Panelo’s appointment BULUAN, Maguindanao (PNA)– Maguindanao Governor Esmael Toto Mangudadatu has joined the fray in voicing their opposition in the appointment of lawyer Salvor Panelo as Malaca-

ñang spokesman ofpresumtive President Rodrigo Duterte. “Disgusting,” Mangudadatu said after learning that Panelo will form part of the official family of Duterte.

The National Union of Journalists of the Philippines has earlier, expressed “serious misgivings” over reports presumptive president Rodrigo Duterte was planning to appoint a former

Environmental group propose

Ombud sacks DPWH execs

See joins, page A11

13-point Action Agenda for Duterte’s first 100 days

SIX officials of the department of Public Works and Highway (DPWH) were ordered dismissed by the Office of the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman ordered the dismissal of the six DPWH in Misamis Oriental for allegedly disqualifying a bidder in several government projects. Ordered dismissed were DPWHMisamis Oriental officer in charge District Engr. Leonardo Paulican, Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) chairman Elmer Calo, OIC assistant district engineer Pedro Mercado, BAC vice chair Agathonico Galarrita, BAC Provisional member Doroteo Laguna, and BAC secretariat head Harold Caermare . Aside from Paulican, the Ombudsman said all the others were dismissed from service with accessory penalties of forfeiture of benefits and perpetual disqualification for re-employment in the government service. Ina report by Sun.Star-Cebu, Rolando Guerrea, owner of AMR Trading, filed the complain against the DPWH officials claiming that AMR had the lowest calculated bid a a road project in March 2014, but Residents try to salvage of what remained from their burned belongings his bid was rejected by the awards com- gutted by a fire that destroyed 115 houses, Friday evening, at Sitio San Isidro Labrador, Lapasan, mitttee citing “unreasonable demands.” Cagayan de Oro City. (Photo Courtesy of Cogon Fire Station/BFP)

Agusan Sur folks condemn killing of peace negotiator

PROSPERIDAD, Agusan del Sur-- There is no word yet from communist rebels but the killing of a retired peace negotiator in this province have already drawn wide condemnation from local officails and netizens alike. Police investigators said former provincial social welfare and development officer Josefina “Nic Nic” Bajade was killed in a remote village in neighboring Compostela Valley last week while she was

counsel of a principal suspect in the Ampatuan Massacre as Palace spokesperson. In a statement Thursday, the NUJP said that while Panelo

DAVAO City -- An environmental group has proposed to incoming President Rodrigo Duterte a 13-point action agenda on addressing wastes and toxics in the first 100 days of his administration. “The 13-point Action Agenda on Wastes and Toxics, if carried out, will spell a huge difference as to how the new government will tackle our persistent problem with the ever growing volume of wastes generated by our households, institutions, businesses and industries,” said Ecological Waste Coalition president Sonia Mendoza, in her letter to Duterte dated May 18, 2016 See full story, page A2

trying to negotiate with supposed go-between persons trying to work out or the surrender of a New Peoples Army rebel. Provincial officials led by Vice Gov. Santi Cane have denounced the gruesome killing. Netizens in the province especially residents in San Francisco town expressed shock and disbelief over the killing saying they were disgusted on the man- The late peace negotiator Josefina Bajade See condemn, page A11

talking to lumads in Loreto during a dialogue last year.

Editorial: e-mail: mindanaodailynews@gmail.com • Advertising: e-mail: mindanaodaily.ads@gmail.com Contact: 0917-7121424, 0947-8935776


Turn static files into dynamic content formats.

Create a flipbook
Issuu converts static files into: digital portfolios, online yearbooks, online catalogs, digital photo albums and more. Sign up and create your flipbook.