4 minute read
40 Signs You Need A Colon Cleanse
Contributed by Jaye Kenzie
If you could go inside your gut and witness this vast ecosystem,it would be quite an adventure. But the fact is thatyou can be living in your body as you are right now andstill not know what is going on with your colon.
However, you can get clues as to what’s going on in thevast world of your intestinal tract via the symptoms youfeel. When you don’t have anything wrong with your digestivetract, you won’t have symptoms that cause painand discomfort or compromise your general health.
Once things start to go wrong with this system, there willbe symptoms. Below is a list of some of the symptoms thatyour body may be giving you, telling you it’s time for aclean out of your system, or a colon cleanse.
1. Gas and bloating after meals or in between meals
2. Undigested food particles in the stool
3. Stool floats in the toilet
4. Stringy materials like spaghetti in the stool
5. Perfectly uniform round ‘things’ in the stool
6. Black flecks in the water of the toilet
10. Stomach pain
13. Abdominal cramping
16. Can’t lose weight
17. Poor memory
18. Can’t sleep at night
21. Stool doesn’t come out quickly
22. Read while having a bowel movement
24. Food cravings
26. Sick with colds or flu frequently
27. Hormonal imbalances
28. Body odor
29. Inability to concentrate mentally
31. Sexual dysfunction
32. Pencil thin stools
34. Bowel movements fewer than once every day
35. Less than 2 bowel movements per day
36. Straining at the stool
37. Feels like there’s still stool in the rectum after a bowel movement
38. Stool consistency is not formed (or the consistency of peanut butter)
39. Rectal fistulas 4 0 . R E C T A L B L E E D I N G
N O W T H A T Y O U KNOW THE SYMPTOMS THAT YOUR COLON USES TO CRY OUT TO BE CLEANED, HERE IS THE 5 STEP FORMULA FOR CLEANING YOUR COLON FAST.
Did you know the average American may be carrying as much as 10- 25 pounds of impacted fecal matter in their colon? And that is someone of normal weight with no known allergies! These toxins wedged in the digestive track are absorbed by the bloodstream, resulting in the body’s inability to metabolize food properly or to provide vital energy for living.
Think you’re in the clear? There is a surprisingly wide range of healthproblems that colon toxicity contributes to, many that a lot of us experience everyday. These include bloating, constipation, gas, fatigue, food cravings, hypoglycemia, allergies, arthritis, difficult weight loss, among many others. As you may have been trying to cure or treat these symptoms individually, it’s important to recognize and cure the root cause. Thus, the colon detox.
Cleanse the natural way:
1. Up your fiber. A diet high in fiber of up to 40 grams a day, both soluble and insoluble, to slow the emptying time of the stomach and move feces through the intestines quicker by bulking it up. You can add fibrous foods into each meal like having oatmeal for breakfast, lentils in your raw salad for lunch, berries for snacks, and a big stir fry vegetable bowl for dinner. You can also take a good fiber supplement.
2. Eliminate. Eliminate all things contributing to the problem: all processed foods, sugar, white flour, alcohol and caffeine, food additives, colorings and preservatives, fruit and vegetables treated with pesticides, most dairy.
3. Hydrate. It is essential to drink 8 - 10 glasses of pure, filtered water each day. Even more so, if you believe you are really backed up, drink 3 glasses of water before breakfast to really get things flushed out quickly.
4. Get moving. Exercise speeds up bowel action and encourages healthy elimination.
symptoms, and should be as strict as possible. Generally speaking, most people can benefit from a colon cleanse twice yearly, but emphasis must be on prevention and dietary changes.
Make sure your immune system is in tip-top shape because those nasty toxins making their way out of your body can create some nasty side effects. You may experience a severity of your symptoms in the beginning, as well as foul smelling stool, headaches and lightheadedness. They are no cause for alarm, usually the worse your reaction, the more crap you have in your body (pun intended).
While colon cleansing is not a weight-loss procedure, dropping weight is often a welcomed side effect! All the fiber is especially useful in providing a feeling of fullness and decreased appetite. Yay colon cleansing! See, it's not so bad.
See for yourself. A healthy colon should provide you with two to three bowel movements per day, shortly after each meal. Elimination should be complete, fast and easy. The stool should be light brown in color, long and large in diameter, fluffy in texture, and floating on the top of the water. Yes I went there. You should be having glorious bowel movements I tell you!
5. Supplement. Take digestive enzymes after each meal to normalize digestion and break down protein that can remain in the colon. Papaya and pineapple enzymes are a sure fire hit.
Any bowel detoxification program should last between 1 - 3 months depending on the severity of the