DISPLAY ADS (262) 723-2250
V OL . 0 2 • NO. 3 3
CLASSIFIEDS (262) 728-3411
812 N. WISCONSIN ST., ELKHORN, WI 53121
OFFICE 262.743.1770 CELL 262.206.0611 FAX 262.743.1778 EMAIL cgustafson@kee fer
SERVING ELKHORN, WISCONSIN
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13, 2018
Carl A. Gustafso
REAL ESTATE PRO
DELIVERY (262) 728-3411
PUBLISHED BY SOUTHERN LAKES NEWSPAPERS, LLC
ealestate.com 204 COMMERCE COURT | SUITE 1 | ELKHORN, WI 53 www.SouthernW 121 isconsinHomesFo rSale.com
Elkhorn Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Center Calendar of Events
• Elkhorn Chamber: Elkhorn City Wide Rummage, June 8th & 9th, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Park & Recreation: Night Under the Lights, June 8th at 5pm, Harris Park, Elkhorn • Matheson Memorial Library: Worldwide Knit in Public Day, June 9th at 9:00am, Elkhorn • American Legion Post 45: Meeting, June 11th at 6:30pm, Heritage Hall • Matheson Memorial Library: We Explore Outdoors, June 13th at 2pm, Elkhorn • Matheson Memorial Library: Maker Workshop: Sumingashi (Ink Marbling), June 14th at 4:30pm, Elkhorn • Matheson Memorial Library: BeeKeeping, June 14th at 6:30pm, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Area High School: All Sports Booster Annual Golf Outing, June 15th at 11:30am, Evergreen Country Club • Holton Band: Holton Band Concert, June 15th at 7:30pm, Sunset Park, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Chamber: Elkhorn Community Days, June 16th at 10am, Babe Mann Park, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Chamber: 4th Annual Pride & Joy Car Show, June 16th at 10am, Babe Mann Park • United Way of Walworth County: Run United 5K Run/Walk & 1mile Fun Run, June 16th at 8:00am, Babe Mann Park, Elkhorn • Walworth County Farm Bureau: Walworth County Farm Bureau Dairy Breakfast, June 16th at 6am, Walworth County Fairgrounds • Lauderdale Aqua Skiers: Ski Show, June 16th at 5:30pm, Babe Mann Park, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Fire Department: Elkhorn Fireman’s Dance, June 16th at 6pm, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Park & Rec: Dad’s Day at Sunset Pool, June 18th at 11am, Sunset Pool • Society’s Assets: Golf Open, June 18th at 5pm, Kenosha Country Club • Matheson Memorial Library: Paws to read with Lakeland Animal Shelter, June 18th at 4pm, Elkhorn • Walworth County 4-H: Pork Chop Dinner, June 20th at 4pm, Walworth County Fairgrounds • Thrivent Financial: Thrivent Financial Annual Summer Party, June 21st at 4pm, Delavan • Matheson Memorial Library: Usborne book sale, June 22nd at 9am , Elkhorn • Holton Band: Holton Band Concert, June 22nd at 7:30pm, Sunset Park, Elkhorn • Old World Wisconsin: Midsummer Magic, June 23rd at 6:00pm, Eagle • N.L. Promotions: Antique Flea Market, June 24th at 7am, Walworth County Fairgrounds • Evergreen Golf: Chip in fore Kids, June 25th at 11:30am, Evergreen Country Club • Matheson Memorial Library: Paws to read with Lakeland Animal Shelter, June 25th at 4pm, Elkhorn • Alzheimer’s Association: Elkhorn Memory Café, June 26th at 1:00pm, Matheson Memorial Library • East Troy Chamber: East Troy Cycling Classic, June 27th, East Troy • Lutherdale Ministries: Dinners at the Lake, June 29th at 4:30pm, Elkhorn
• Star Spangled Celebration, June 29th at Dusk, Sunset Park • Holton Band: Holton Band Concert, June 29th at 7:30pm, Sunset Park, Elkhorn • Walworth County Fairgrounds: Elkhorn Mole Fest, June 30th -July 1st at 11:00am Elkhorn • Matheson Memorial Library: Paws to read with Lakeland Animal Shelter, July 2nd at 4pm, Elkhorn • Walworth County Fairgrounds: Partners for Progress Horse Show, July 6th -8th, Elkhorn • Holton Band: Holton Band Concert, July 6th at 7:30pm, Sunset Park, Elkhorn • Lauderdale Aqua Skiers: Ski Show, June 7th at 5:30pm, Babe Mann Park, Elkhorn • Delavan Chamber: Cars Time Forgot Car Show, July 8th at 8am, Lake Lawn Resort • Matheson Memorial Library: Paws to read with Lakeland Animal Shelter, July 9th at 4pm, Elkhorn • Walworth County Fairgrounds: Elkhorn RibFest, July 12-15th at 11:00am, Elkhorn • Holton Band: Holton Band Concert, July 13th at 7:30pm, Sunset Park, Elkhorn • Lauderdale Aqua Skiers: Ski Show, June 14th at 5:30pm, Babe Mann Park, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Park & Rec: Mom’s Rock! At Sunset Park, June 15th at 11am, Sunset Park • Walworth County Fairgrounds: Junior Beef Steak Cook Out, July 18th at 4pm, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Park & Recreation: Movies in the Park, July 20th at Dusk, Sunset Park • Walworth County Fairgrounds: Relay for Life, July 20th at 6pm, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Park & Rec: Ice Cream Social, July 20th at 6pm, Sunset Park • Holton Band: Holton Band Concert, July 20th at 7:30pm, Sunset Park, Elkhorn • Walworth County Fairgrounds: SMILES Horse Show, July 21st-22nd, Elkhorn • Evergreen Country Club: Big Cup Open, July 22nd, Evergreen Golf • Alzheimer’s Association: Elkhorn Memory Café, July 24th at 1:00pm, Matheson Memorial Library • Aurora Lakeland Medical Center: Hands only CPR, July 26th at 5:00pm, Elkhorn • Walworth County Fairgrounds: Baroque Horse Show, July 26th-29th, Elkhorn • Walworth County Fairgrounds: Burlington Kennel Dog Show, July 30th-31st, Elkhorn • First Congregational UCC Church: Annual Rummage Sale, August 3rd & 4th, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Park & Recreation: Movies in the Park, August 3rd at Dusk, Sunset Park • Elkhorn Chamber: Elkhorn Corn & Brat Days, August 3rd & 4th at 11:00am, Elkhorn • Walworth County Fairgrounds: Madison Classic Car Show & Swap Meet, August 4th at 6:00am, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Park & Rec: Ice Cream Social, August 3rd at 6pm, Sunset Park • Walworth County Fairgrounds: National Night Out, August 7th at 4pm, Elkhorn • Lutherdale Ministries, Friday Fish Fry, August 10th at 4:30 pm, Elkhorn • Lutherdale Ministires, Fest and Quilt Auction, August 11th, Elkhorn • Lakeland Animal Shelter: Golf Outing, August 11th, Hawks View Golf Club
203 E. Walworth St., Elkhorn, WI 53121 • Phone: 262-723-5788 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For complete calendar of events:
Pasteries / Café
400 County Rd. H, Elkhorn, WI 53121 Located in the South Building of the Gateway Elkhorn Campus
Featuring a short order deli and bakery for campus and public. Catering also available. CONTACT INFO: (262) 960-1524 Business Cell • (262) 741-8008 Café www.sweetsomethingpasteries.com Hours: Mon. 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; Tue. - Thurs. 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Fri. 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
• Lauderdale Aqua Skiers: Ski Show & Pig Roast, August 11th at 5:30pm, Babe Mann Park, Elkhorn • N.L. Promotions: Antique Flea Market, August 12th at 7am, Walworth County Fairgrounds • Walworth County Fairgrounds: MidWest Pro Rodeo, August 17th -18th, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Park & Recreation: Movies in the Park, August 17th at Dusk, Sunset Park • Lauderdale Aqua Skiers: Ski Show, August 25th at 5:30pm, Babe Mann Park, Elkhorn • Alzheimer’s Association: Elkhorn Memory Café, August 28th at 1:00pm, Matheson Memorial Library • Walworth County Fairgrounds: National Flat Track Motorcycle Races ½ Mile, August 29th at 7:00pm, Elkhorn • The Inaugural Burlington Catholic Athletics Golf Classic, August 30th at Noon, Evergreen Country Club • Walworth County Fairgrounds: 169th Walworth County Fair, August 29th – September 3rd, Elkhorn • East Troy Chamber: East Troy Bluegrass Festival, September 8th – 9th, East Troy • Walworth County Fairgrounds: Professional Bull Riding & Dirt Road Dixie Band, September 15th at 7pm, Elkhorn • N.L. Promotions: Antique Flea Market, September 23rd at 7am, Walworth County Fairgrounds • Alzheimer’s Association: Elkhorn Memory Café, September 25th at 1:00pm, Matheson Memorial Library • Walworth County Fairgrounds: Keefe Kares Fundraiser, September 28th, Elkhorn • Lakeland Players: Do Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up? Musical Comedy, October 12th-14th, 19th-20th, Sprague Theatre, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Park & Recreation: Lights & Ladders at 8am, October 13th, Sunset Park, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Chamber: 13th Annual Elkhorn Oktoberfest, October 20th at 9:00am, Elkhorn • Alzheimer’s Association: Elkhorn Memory Café, October 23rd at 1:00pm, Matheson Memorial Library • Elkhorn Chamber: Scare on the Square, October 27th at 11:30am, Elkhorn • City of Elkhorn, Halloween Trick or Treating, October 31st at 5pm, Elkhorn • The Christmas Barn: Open from Nov. 2nd – Dec. 16th, Elkhorn • Walworth County Historical Society: USO Swing Dance, November 3rd at 5:30pm, Monte Carlo Room, Elkhorn • Big Brothers Big Sisters: Pour your Art out~Art & Wine Gala, November 10th at Evergreen Country Club, Elkhorn • Walworth County Fairgrounds: Holiday Affair Craft Show, November 10th at 9am, Elkhorn Area Schools • Evergreen Country Club: Fall Comedy Dinner, November 17th at 5pm, Elkhorn • Lakeland Players: Toy Camp-Children’s Holiday Musical, November 24th -25th, Dec. 1st – 2nd, Sprague Theatre, Elkhorn • Alzheimer’s Association: Elkhorn Memory Café, November 27th at 1:00pm, Matheson Memorial Library • Advia Credit Union: Tree Lighting on the Square and Santa’s Reception, November 30th, Elkhorn • Old World Wisconsin: Greek Ethnic Holiday Dinner, December 1st-2nd, 7th-8th, Eagle • Elkhorn Park & Recreation: Annual Reindeer Run, December 1st at 8am, Sunset Park • First Congregational Church: Annual Holiday Cookie Sale: December 1st at 10am, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Chamber: 37th Annual Christmas Card Town Parade, December 1st at 1:00pm, Elkhorn • Elkhorn Chamber: Community Meal Christmas Day, December 25th, Elkhorn • Evergreen Country Club: New Year’s Eve Party, December 31st, Elkhorn Information as of 6/8/2018
Sugar Creek Mutual Your locally owned, cooperative insurance company
Servicing Elkhorn/Lauderdale Lakes since 1989 View my propterties at: www.lakehomeswi.com Email: email@example.com Cell: (262) 949-3618 204 Commerce Court • Elkhorn, WI 53121
AGENTS Patricia Lauderdale (262) 742-3818 Breck Ward (262) 215-5633 Kasey Reed (262) 473-7334
Cell 262.903.0566 Fax 262.743.1778 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
206 E. Walworth St., Elkhorn, WI 53121 p 262.379.1616 c 262.374.1761 email@example.com
17 S. Washington, Elkhorn
Online Parts & Service
Sto 406 S. Wisconsin Street, Elkhorn, Wis. 53121 Fridayp in for our &S (262) 723-2919 Cook a t urda y Wea the outs r www.wilsonfarmmeats.com315977 permitting
contact Pete Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICE 262.743.1770 CELL 262.215.0806 FAX 262.743.1778 EMAIL email@example.com
Wilson Farm Meats
“Lauderdale Lakes Specialist/Resident”
To be a part of this community page ...
204 Commerce Court | Suite 1 | Elkhorn, WI 53121
(262) 723-3477 • www.lylestv.com
204 Commerce Ct. | Suite 1 | Elkhorn, WI 53121 266104
We bring the finest quality farm-fresh meats to your table.
Redefining the Building Experience
Custom Home Builder Wausau Homes Elkhorn
or call 262-723-2250 or 414-801-2360
(630) 373-6005 Cell
“Your referral is my finest compliment” 204 E. Commerce Court • Elkhorn, WI 53121
ELKHORN HI-LITER • WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13, 2018 • 2
Eagle Fire Dept., American Legion Post 535, Eagle Lions Club Presents the 56th Annual
Kettle Moraine Days The festival of the year! Eagle Village Park, Eagle, WI
JUNE 22, 23 & 24, 2018
FRIDAY, JUNE 22 • Wristband Carnival Ride Special Price 5 to 10 p.m. • Music Stage Sponsored by Generac Power Systems: “DIRTY BOOGIE” at 7:30 p.m. SATURDAY, JUNE 24 • 3rd Annual Hunger Hustle 5K Run/Walk to support Eagle Community Food Pantry & Palmyra Community Food Pantry • Race starts at 9:30 a.m. (Visit www.hungerhustle5k.com or for online or mail in registration (Questions contact Jessie Steinbach 262-470-8224)
• Pancake Breakfast 7:00 - 11:00 a.m. • Wristband Carnival Ride Special Price Noon - 5 p.m. • FREE Kids Activities 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. • 15th Annual Classic Car Show 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. • Military Display (Car show info call: Matt Lepperd 262-392-9799) • 7th Annual Vintage Snowmobile Show 11 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Snowmobile Show info call Joe Rodwell 262-206-6195) • 6th Annual EBA Mens Softball Tournament 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Softball contact Jan Suhm 262-470-2164) • Music Stage Sponsored by Generac Power Systems: “SADDLEBROOK” at 7:30 p.m.
W8896 County Hwy. A, Delavan (608) 883-2100
FIREWORKS DISPLAY SATURDAY Sponsored by - The Chapman’s BP, Central Hydraulics of Eagle & The Kugel Family MAIN STAGE Sponsored by Generac Power Systems SUNDAY, JUNE 24 • The Great Parade at Noon! • Music Stage Sponsored by Generac Power Systems: “P.F. & THE FLATHEADS” at 2:00 p.m.
Check out our hours at www.stallerestate.com
• FREE Kids Activities 1:30-5 p.m. • Clowns & Face Painting, Fun and Prizes • Military Display • Flight for Life
• Rides All Weekend for All Ages by Mr. Ed’s Magical Midway
Advance ride tickets are available at the following businesses: Chapman’s BP, The Kettle - Citgo, Citizens Bank, Chase Bank, The Hen House, Cornerstone Filling - All in Eagle. Jim & Judy’s Food, Palmyra BP, and First Citizens State Bank - All in Palmyra (Wristbands - Friday night from 5 to 10 p.m. & Saturday from noon to 5 p.m.)
• Great Food & Refreshment Stands by Local Groups
Eagle United Methodist Church, St. Theresa Catholic Church, Eagle Lioness, American Legion Auxiliary, Kettle Moraine Riders, Eagle Elementary PTO, Palmyra/Eagle High School Softball & BaseballTeams, Palmyra/Eagle High School Cheer & Dance Teams
1st Prize – 4-Brewer Tickets & 1-Parking by Langer Roofing 6th Prize – Citgo Kettle Gas Card, $100 2nd Prize – Golf Pkg. for 4/Cart, Eagle Springs Resort 7th Prize – Pick n’ Save Gift Card, $100 3rd Prize – 2 Night Stay, Country Springs/Waterpark Passes 8th Prize – Rutix Grill Gift Card, $100 4th Prize - 2 Packers Tickets 9th Prize – Knucklehead’s Pub Gift Card, $100 5th Prize – Chapman’s BP Gas Card - $100 10th Prize – S1863 Coffee Salon & Cafe Gift Card, $100 Visit us on our website at www.kettlemorainedays.com & like us on Facebook & Twitter THANK YOU FOR 56 YEARS OF SUPPORT! (Not Responsible for Accidents. No Carry-ins Allowed.)
Stop in to enjoy Complimentary Wine Tasting Relax with a glass of wine and a cheese platter in our sunroom and gazebo looking out at the vineyard.
ebsite Watch our wchanges for exciting soon. coming
Wines • Food Options Wine Flights • Delicious Picnic Platters Wine & Chocolate Pairings
Enjoy a Picnic Overlooking the Vineyard or Bring a Blanket to Savor Your Wine in the Vineyard
R ent ouR facility foR: • Birthday Parties • Bridal Showers • Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties • Group Outings • Family Gatherings Groups and Buses Welcome 316900
TO GET ALL OF OUR UP TO DATE EVENT INFO
Elkhorn Area Churches Baptist
Emmanuel Baptist Church - Corner of Hwy. H and MacLean Road, Elkhorn; 7234387. Sunday Worship 10:40 a.m.
East Delavan Baptist Church - 3205 Theatre Road, Delavan: 728-2522. Sunday Worship (Spanish) 9 a.m., (English) 10:45 a.m.; Spanish Sunday School 10:30 a.m.; Sunday Evening, Interpretation 6:30; Wed. Spanish Prayer Meeting 7 p.m.
St. Patrick’s Catholic Church -107 W. Walworth St., Elkhorn; 723-5565. Saturday Mass, 5:30 p.m.; Sunday Mass, 7:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.; 1:30 p.m. Mass in Spanish
Church of Christ
Church of Christ - 100 W. Court St., Elkhorn; 723-5079. Sunday Worship 9:00 a.m.; Bible classes 10:15 a.m. Sunday, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
June 2018 June16th, 16th, 2018 2018 June 16th, 555pm-Midnight pm-Midnight Congregational pm-Midnight FOOD • •• ENTERTAINMENT • FUN FOOD ENTERTAINMENT FOOD ENTERTAINMENT •• FUN FUN
Millard Community Covenant Church Corner of Hwys. A & O, Elkhorn; 742-3457. Sunday School 9:00 a.m.; Sunday Worship 10:00 a.m.
Covenant Congregational Church (NCC Affiliate) - Meets at St. John in the Wilderness Church, 13 S. Church St., Elkhorn: 723-3872. Sunday School 10:15 a.m.; Sunday Worship 11:15 a.m..
BBQ Pulled Pork, BBQ Ribs, Pulled Pork, BBQRibs, Ribs, Pulled Pork, Episcopal Chicken Sandwiches, ChickenSandwiches, Sandwiches, St. John in the Wilderness Church HotChicken Dogs & Hamburgers 13 S. Church St., Elkhorn; 723-4229. Hot Dogs & Hamburgers Hot Dogs & Hamburgers 5 pm-Midnight Mass 9:30 a.m.
5Shine pm-Midnight Rain or5 in front of the pm-Midnight
Rain or Shine Shine front of the Rain or in in front of the FIRE STATION
FIRE STATION FIRE STATION
13 S. Broad St. - Elkhorn
13 BroadSt.St. - Elkhorn 13 S. Broad - Elkhorn
Community Church of Elkhorn - 4654 Briggs Road, Elkhorn; 728-8925; Sunday Worship - 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.; Sunday School - 9 a.m. Southern Lakes Evangelical Free Church N6686 Hwy. 12, Elkhorn; 742-2366. Sunday Worship 9:00 and 10:30 a.m
Calvary Community Church – (Evangelical Free Church of America) Corner of Hwy. 50 and Harris Road, Williams Bay; 262-2456294 www.CalvaryCommunity.net
Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses Corner of Hwy. H and Schmidt Rd., Elkhorn; 723-3265. Sunday Worship 9:30 a.m.
Latter Day Saints
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - Corner of Cobb & Potter roads; 723-2777 or 723-2899. Sacrament meeting 9 a.m.; Sunday School 10:20 a.m.; auxiliary meetings 11:10 a.m.
Unitarian Universalist Church of the Lakes - 319 N. Broad St., Elkhorn, WI 53121; 723-7440. firstname.lastname@example.org; www.uulakes. org; Sunday Worship at 10:00 a.m.; Serving all of Walworth County
United Church of Christ First Congregational UCC-76 S. Wisconsin St., Elkhorn; 723-3246. Sunday School and Sunday Worship 10:00 a.m., childcare provided
Bethel United Methodist Church - Corner of Hwys. 12/67 and Cty. Road A, Elkhorn; 742-3507. Worship 10:00 a.m.
First Evangelical Lutheran Church (WELS) 415 Devendorf St., Elkhorn; 7234191. Services Thursday -7pm, Sunday 8am & 10:30am. Bible Information Hour - 9:15am.
First United Methodist Church - 111 N. Broad St., Elkhorn; 723-2629. Sunday School 8:30 a.m.; fellowship 9:30 a.m.; Sunday Worship 10:00 a.m.
St. John’s Lutheran Church (LCMC) 104 S. Broad St., Elkhorn; 723-2901. Services at 8:00 a.m. & 9:15 a.m., & 10:45 a.m. Sunday School at 9:15 a.m.
LaGrange United Methodist Church N8548 Hwy. H, Elkhorn; 495-8692. Sunday Worship 9 a.m.; Sunday School 9:20 a.m.
Sugar Creek Lutheran Church (ELCA) Sugar Creek Rd., Elkhorn; 728-2222 Sunday Worship 8 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.; fellowship 9 a.m.
Non-Denominational Como Community Church - Palmer Road, Lake Geneva; 248-3124. Sunday School, 9:15 a.m.; Worship 10:30 a.m.; Wednesday Service 7 p.m. Harvestpoint Church- 209 S. Fourth St., Delavan; 740-0920. Faith & Healing Class, Sunday 9 a.m.; Worship 10 a.m. Sundays, 7 p.m. Wednesdays. Lighthouse Bible Church - Lake Geneva, WI; 262-949-1007 meets in Badger High School’s Recital Hall at 9 a.m. on Sunday mornings. A nursery is provided. www.lighthouselakegeneva.com
Spring Prairie United Methodist Church Hwy. 11, Spring Prairie; 723-3181. Sunday Worship 8:30 a.m.
Rock of Jesus Church (UPC)- 101 W. Walworth St., Elkhorn. Sunday 10 a.m. Power Hour for Kids, Teen & Adult Sunday School; 11 a.m. Worship, Wednesday 7 p.m. Bible Study; DivorceCare meets midweek, call (728-1614). Small Groups meet week nights. For more information call (262) 724-5434 or www. rockofjesus.org.
Word of Faith Christian Life Church - 4521 County Rd. F North, Elkhorn (Corner of Hwys. 11 and County F), Pastor David Hawley; (262) 7281463. Sunday Service 10 a.m. (Nursery, Preschool, Superkids Academy & Youth classes); Wednesday Service 7 p.m. (Nursery, Preschool, Superkids Academy); clcdelavan.org
Worship at the Church of Your Choice 723-2250
107 S. Getzen St., Elkhorn
BARTZ CHIROPRACTIC OFFICE Dr. Timothy Bartz 203 W. Walworth St., Elkhorn • 723-6203
812 N. Wisconsin St.
ELLSWORTH ELECTRIC INC.
ELKHORN HI-LITER • WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13, 2018 • 3
Elkhorn’s only local classified advertising section classified 262.728.3411 PLACE YOUR AD: display 262.723.2250
2008 TOYOTAA XLE FWD loaded, 1 owner, 176k, $6,995, very good condition, 262-763-2208.
18’ PONTOON w/50 HP Yamaha motor, trailer & cover. 2 seats need repair. $3000.262-8952096
2014 Chevy Silverado Z71 LT Crew Cab. Power windows, locks, & steering. AC. Running boards. Good Condition. 815369-4638
1980 O’DAY 19’ SAILBOAT boat, motor, trailer, great condition $2,400 630-220-7663.
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium 14,800 mi, heated leather seats, sunroof, back-up camera, driver assist pkg, bluetooth, 19” H-Spoke alum whls, Exc Cond $20,500 815-291-3381
1990 MELGES MC 16 FOOT Fiberglass Sailboat. Includes sails & trailer. Good condition. Currently on trailer in Delavan Lake area. $400. Call or text me at: 815-4823602.
2001 TAHOE 202 DECK BOAT 150 Mercury, $8,000 815-5688421
AMC CAR WANTED AMX, Javelin, Hornet, Rebel, American performance car. Running or project. Also need AMC parts, memorabilia. 920-540-1756.
22’ SYLVAN CRUISER BOAT, includes trailer, 90 hp Mercury & 5 hp trolling motors & 4 down-riggers. Asking $5,600. Call 678895-2100.
forsale Music/ Instrumental
ROGERS KIT 1970’s black finish. Bearing edges and shells in great condition. Includes 22” bass, 13” mounted tom, 16’ & 18” floor toms. Shell pack only, bass drum has some scuffing. $1000 or best offer. Lots of snares and misc hardware available for purchase also. Call anytime, 815-262-1479, Rockford.
CLASSIFIED IN-COLUMN ADS cannot be credited or refunded after the ad has been placed. Ads canceled before deadline
MUSKY/WALLEYE BOAT 1993 18’ Ranger 690 Fisherman, 175 hp Evinrude V6, w/ss prop, 2 axle ranger trailer w/brakes, Minkoota auto pilot, on board charger, runs great, $9,000 OBO, 262-7633209 leave message.
Campers and RVs 1999 Coachman RV Trailer 36’ long, sleeps 6, 2 slides, center island kitchen counter, $5,800 OBO 815-347-0496 2015 FLAGSTAFF MICROLIGHT 21’ Camper, walk around bed, 1 slide out, power awning, 715-299-7723. VIKING POP UP CAMPER sleeps 6, 1 queen bed, microwave air & heat, screen house & much more, $3,250, 262-6625322.
MUST LIVE IN ELKHORN
but no credit or refund will be
Southern Lakes Newspapers is seeking a person with the ability to create effective, eye-catching newspaper pages under deadline pressure at its Delavan-based headquarters. The right candidate should have a background in journalism and experience in copy editing and/or graphic design using InDesign and Photoshop. Strong proofreading skills and the ability to artfully trim copy are Burlington 1 required. Send cover letter, resume and What am ount are examples of work to you w School su illing to p rvey to fo Ed Nadolski, editor in cus on tax ay? tolerance chief, at enadolski@ standardpress.com.
s spring ms
ublic ng these spring
on 10 a.m. “peeps”
s on 0 a.m.
Published weekly • Burlington, WI
THURSD AY, MAR CH 22, 2018
year • No. 13
SCHOOL SURV EY,
gold one, buddy
1988 AMC EAGLE WAGON, 4WD, shift-on-the-fly. AT, PB, PS, PW, PL, wire wheel covers, new tires. Last year of production, 66,000 original miles, $3,500, 262-642-9683.
Vans, Mini Vans
new $2,500 262-495-2438
2005 DODGE CARAVAN runs great, $1,500 262-595-8956.
CLIP OUT AND MAIL TO:
SOUTHERN LAKES NEWSPAPERS 1102 Ann Street, Delavan, WI 53115
OR CALL 262.763.2575 ext. 158 or 262.728.3411
3I live in Elkhorn and am interested in delivering the Elkhorn Hi-Liter! PLEASE PRINT: NAME ______________________________________________________________________________________
By Ed Nadol ski EDITOR IN CHIEF residents Instead idents withof inundating distric maintenanchow much spend ing on e and/or for repair information and t res- cilities Reverse upgrades they’d be of faengin facilities, or replacement of options in increm willin Board memb eering Burlington school ents of $10 g to support District officia ing Area million, start- gen also said er Phil Ketter ls on Mond School $70 at $30 million and hato pursue he favore proach million. extending ay to to reversbecause it allowsd that apthat focuse a slimmed down agreed The low survey s on e-engi officials cludes recomend of that range “That allowstax tolerance. improvemen neer a schoo l distric mende t plan inthe respon say, ‘Here dent to and security upgra d maintenance willingness of votersthat reflects thet ing to pay),’s the amount (we’re ities and des at all to pay for Essentially, the you willfacilhigh guys it. said Bill survey respon Foster, a figure it out,’” maintenance and end includes the would give the dents ED NADOLS School Percep consu security upgra as well distric how The KI tions Inc., ltant from grade as the construction des for much they’d be t an idea of ker’s operators of Standard Press paring the willin B.J. Went school impro 5 to of restaurant survey on who is predistrict. place Karch 8 middle schoo a new cials would vemen g to pay on Mond behalf of annou l to reay that er Middle the then have ts and offi- ment The draft the estabnced draft “At Schoo the a the refere l. option to Burlin at 230 Milwa of the survey end of the lishby Foster al that falls ndum spending day, ukee Ave., presented want to know gton, is includes a proposwithin that closed. is what’s what we question tolerance,” The discus param your tax asking sion comes eter. Kevin Bird School Board member year after three separa nearly commented. te referenduma See
Go for the
2000 HARLEY DAVIDSON HERITAGE SOFTTAIL 17,959 mi., runs great. $7,500 224-2374536
STATE 5x8 enclosed trailer. Like
is looking for courteous, responsible, dependable, young men and women to deliver our paper one day a week in this area. Work close to home and earn some money for those things you’ve always wanted. If you are 10 or older and would like more information, just call or mail in this form today!
ELKHORN STORAGE: one car garage, $75/month, 262-9496997.
COPY EDITOR/PAGE DESIGNER
ESS SIN BU
1985 BLUE HONDA GOLDWING 1200, 55,000 miles, runs good, asking $2,800, leave message 262-878-9229.
issued to your account.
ELKHORN: 2 BR., deck, ga-
2015 LOAD RUNNER INTER-
We are also looking for responsible adults to deliver driving routes.
as a service to our customers,
ELKHORN: STUDIO $385/mo. includes cable & utilities, 262723-4935.
debrandt park cleanand up Wilmot Mounthe effort usinessess of eir comm to unionetary and ions.
I H 1486 Good condition. Priced reduced. 815-291-2381
15FT. TRAILER Good condition.
2007 BAJA 250 CC CRUISER with receiver carrier, 9,000 mi., $975, 815-568-8421
will be removed from the paper
Elkhorn Apartments $645, 262-903-0566.
ALLIS CHALMERS TRACTOR WD narrow front, good condition. $3,000 plus two 3 bottom mounted plows. $300 each. 262-8065048
Trucks & Trailers
2005 HARLEY 883 XL, 7320 mi., mid control, windshield, luggage rack & bags. Located in WI Dells area $4300 OBO 262-492-6351
forrent rage with storage, great location,
Closed, but not forgotten Operators step
ADDRESS ____________________________________________ PO BOX ___________
CITY ________________________________________________ STATE ____________
from B.J. We away ntker’s ski
By Ed Nadol
A locatio best-known n in one of Burlin tion for fine buildings and a gton’s to preven dining were not reputat ker’s restauthe closure of B.J.enough Wentrant The operat this week. in the histor ors of the restau 230 Milwa ic triangle tavernrant the decisi ukee Ave. annou at on restaurant’s midday Monday nced on the Facebook post that stated page in red letters with a permanen :
ELKHORN HI-LITER • WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13, 2018 • 4
We’re Back… It’s that time of year again, make sure you pick up the latest copy of the Breeze!
Breeze Chain O’ Lakes
JUNE 20 18
Serving the Gen eva Lake
• VOL. 5
Como a rea
INSIDE • Find the right boat dealer • Have fun on the lakes • Things to do
LAKES NE UTHERN
area er Lake t a w e it the Wh Serving
PRSR T U.S. POSTSTD AGE South PAID ern News Lakes pape rs
8 • F ir s t Ed it
**ecrw ss POSTA L CU STO
Lauderd ale Lake s
e z e e Br
ED BY SO
MAY/JUNE 2018 • VOL. 5 NO. 1
O pers 018 • V Newspa Lakes UNE 2 MAY/Jished by Southern
Inside • F in d the r ig • Have fu ht boat n on the lakes • T dealer hings to do
Breeze Geneva Lak es
Th Laud is grou p of raisederdale su mor Landin pporters g. e th an $1 The 7t gets re h ad 3,00 0, ac annual y for th cord even e NV ing to or t featur D Sham ed gani zers more rock Shu . In ad than ffle M 60 ditio n to 0 regist arch 17 its an at ra nual nts and the Lo ‘Spr ve’ ca ead Fallen Jan. this yempaign, 16 at ar th Cam , in mem is year p Pen th or dletony of PFCe Van D . Ethan yke fa Barcl mily te HEATHE R RU ay-W am eber ed up ENZ Lauderd pal, a Marwith Honale Lakes Br eeze ine w or ho w ing Our as ki lled
Sham 7th a rock Shuffl nnua l eve nt ra e 600 ises r
partic ipants scho stron larsh ips, o g ther cau
ough ly $1 3,00 0 for
BY H eath STAF er FW RITE R
ore th adde d. peop an 600 The for th le register winds car didn NVD e 7th Ann ed hield, ’t ru th Sham Memoria ual th e interior had a bon, needed ere w dy a w held rock Shuf l Landi ere m asn’t salv full of ca M r, fle ouse she agea rust, , at Lau arch 17 $13,00ng, and “All explaine nests in ble and 0 was approx derdale side beco Nick sa d. imatel The ra the y and le event ce ised. Kevinme,” Mar w was w y said hat it , the an Elk gacy of lebrates en . “T co vision car is unex horn manNick Van the life now hanks to uld ed w M w he who Dyke, accidepectedly from onty had n he bo hat Nick nt whe in a wor died ug Brookone of N asked pe ht it.” A kn familyspecial su he was 28related Shuf e, prior ick’s sibl rmission fle w ings, to sh Nick’ at this rprise fo years ol w ith ow an ye r t to up it beca ing up show s former ar ’s even Van Dyk d. us at se whiching up at 1968 Che t featur e’s em “We wer t anyone e he didn the e al ed . otion ’t Mon had beenLauderd velle when l overta ty. restor ale Lan we sa ken by “K ed by ding, See SH w the guy C evin boug Kevin AMRO car bu hu ht CK t the ca to afte ck (N SHUF FLE • initial r Nick’s ick’s dad) r from th Page 3 a muc ly bought accident had sold e antic h bigger it, realiz. Adam, w it A Van Dipated,” N project th ed it was ho Mon surprise ic an yk ty “K e said k’s mom, he had pictur (cente at this Mary can’t evin is an. year r) sh ed w ’s N ow ith N see N tell you amazin ick’s ing up VD Sha ho w pare m Nick ick’s drea w muc g guy. I nts, ith the rock S hu for ar bought th m come h it meant Mary re and stored ffle, held time ound $900e car fromto fruitio to ’6 Chu A publ restor n. ck Va 8 Cheve March m ing and sp his uncl ea SU 17 n Dyk Lake ication of lle nt BM orderi a lot of it step by ent his fr e e. Th former at Laud ITTED PH S s Ne ee OT tim er e ev ly wsp outhern while ng the pa e on th step; whi ent ra owne dale La O Lauderdale For ad apers ised d by N ndin ‘68 C also refle rts that he e compu ch vertis g, Lakes Bree LLC abou ic ter heve cting in ne t $13, k Van D was Kev ze ed in lle the sp ed “To ,” M the Bre g opportun yke. in 000. He is it home,be honest ary said irit of th ez our w e or an ities e not to it took , when . eekl y it back immedia a lot of he brough or othe y newspap of where tely m restrain t er r s sp public it cam ake him t ations ecialized e from ta , plea ,” sh ke PETE e se ca
ies a activit r • Are te a w e on th echarge king • R a y a k ide to ner’s gu • Begin
Lauderda le L
BREE akes ZE
The Breeze is designed to be a fun lifestyle publication for the lakes areas. Find out updates on your community events, local entertainment, fishing reports, golf tips, etc. ll HANS ) 723 EN at -225 0
Brought to you by, 318757