MLAS join The Federation of Forensic and Expert Witnesses
Introducing MLAS Our New Members Of The Federation Of Forensic & Expert Witnesses
Medical & Legal Admin Services (MLAS) is committed to providing high quality, maximum efficiency and excellent service to our customers.
We pride ourselves on our innovation and willingness to go the extra mile. Our primary focus is to enable our customers to achieve their goals. We do this by improving efficiency and ensuring quality. At MLAS we provide a wide range of administrative services and we are able to tailor these to suit the specific needs of all our customers. At MLAS we understand the importance of detail with any instruction received and our primary focus is meeting the instructing parties’ expectations as efficiently as possible, ensuring the highest quality of service. We are the instructing parties first point of contact with new instructions or enquires, we ensure that you are kept up to date throughout the report process, allowing our expert to deal with the case.
How we work for you
• We assign two administration professionals to each expert case to ensure optimum service
• Our administrators have access to the expert’s diary to book in urgent appointments
• We will chase any document or information you require
• We manage the expert’s administration, calendar schedules and logistics, so we are best placed to give you the information you require instantly
• We will update you regularly as to what stage the report process is at
• We will notify you if there are any additional documents required or missing
• Our administrators are always available by telephone or email
• We do not charge you for our services, our contractual relationship is with our experts
• There are no hidden costs!
Contact us now for more information or to speak with one of our dedicated team.
0114 245 5423 email@example.com www.mlas.co.uk
Our Experts are amongst the most accomplished medical professionals in the UK
Dr Mark Alexander-Williams, Consultant Anaesthetist Specialising in Pain Medicine Dr Alexander-Williams is happy to write medico legal reports for Claimants, Defendants or joint instructions. Dr Alexander-Williams has been carrying out this work for five years and up until recently fitted this work around a busy clinical workload, this work is now performed in pre-booked sessions.
Dr Neal Edwards, ds, Medico Legal Expert in Musculoskeletal
ulosk Disease, Pain Management nt and Anaesthesia Dr Edwards has been preparing pari Medical Reports specialising in
Musculoskeletal l Conditions and Pain Management since January 2000 and currently prepares an average of 40 reports per month. Dr Edwards attends court if and when required. Dr Edwards has also been involved with Medical Negligence cases in both Pain Management and Anaesthesia.
Dr Dimitriy Leschinskiy, Consultant in Pain Medicine and Anaesthesiasia Dr Leschinskiy is a full time Consultant in Pain Medicine and Anaesthesia. His special interests are musculoskeletal and post-traumatic pain and neuropathic pain conditions. He is particularly interested in issues of functional restoration in pain patients and the role of opioids in non-malignant pain.
Dr Mark Miller, Consultant in Pain Management, Medico Legal Practitioner Dr Miller has been writing medico legal reports in pain management ment since 2000. He writes on average e 30 per month. Dr Miller has extensive experience in both claimant and defendant work and has done a large number of joint reports. He has experience in clinical negligence work.
Ms Lynda Lee, Medico legal Expert in Nursing and
Care Ms Lynda Lee can act as an expert witness, including the preparation of care needs reports and appearing in court, in all cases relating to nursing care. Her reports for palliative care include those suffering with mesothelioma, cancer and other terminal conditions. As well as quantum reports, she accepts instructions to produce reports on liability, medical negligence and loss of services and also undertakes assessments alongside professionals onals allied to medicine to produce a multi-professional report. Her reports are split 50:50 between claimant and defendant in both liability and quantum cases. Ms Lee has gained accredited Expert Witness status through Cardiff University/Bond Solon.
Our Experts are amongst the most accomplished medical professionals in the UK
Dr Wael Agur, Urogynaecologist Dr Agur’s interest is in clinical negligence and product liability case work in relation to transvaginal implants (mesh and graft) for incontinence and prolapse. He also provides clinical negligence reports in general obstetrics and gynaecology. Dr Agur attended and gave evidence at court proceedings in Australia as one of the world-renowned experts and has recently appeared on the BBC Panorama programme focusing on transvaginal mesh implants.
Mr Mohamed Riad Consultant Urogynaecologist Mr Mohamed Riad is a Consultant Urogynaecologist as well as a General Gynaecologist. Mr Riad is the RCOG (Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists) College Tutor at The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust providing oversight to training of doctors aspiring to become specialists in the field. In addition, he is accredited to provide training to doctors wishing to do the advanced training skill module in Urogynaecology. Mr Riad has experience in writing medico legal reports on transvaginal implants (mesh and graft) for incontinence and prolapse. He also provides clinical negligence reports in general obstetrics and gynaecology.
Mr Debapriya Bhattacharyya, Consultant in Neurosurgery and Spinal Surgery Mr Bhattacharyya has been preparing Medical Reports as an expert in neurosurgery since 2007. Mr Bhattacharyya specialises in medical negligence, personal injury and compensation cases in general neurosurgery and cases related to his areas of special interest.
Mr Henry Budd, Spinal Surgery Mr Budd is a full time Consultant Spinal Surgeon with Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust. He is particularly interested in the degenerative spine including cervical, thoracic and lumbarsacral pathology. He is on the Specialist Register for Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery.
Mr Mark Prempeh, Spinal Surgeon Mr Prempeh is a Consultant Spinal Surgeon with Ipswich NHS Trust and Mid Essex Hospital Trust. His special interest includes degenerative spine disease, anterior lumbar surgery, spinal infections and minimal invasive (keyhole) surgery. Mr Prempeh is on the Specialist Register for Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery.
MEDICAL & LEGAL ADMIN SERVICES
Perfection is our goal. We offer an excellent service, employ high quality professionals with the correct attitude and experience to ensure we excel in the work that we do for the expert. Our culture is one of honesty, support and respect. We live our culture and we encourage our experts to become part of that way of life too.
At MLAS we pride ourselves on providing the most efficient service to our experts. We appreciate that all our experts have varied working schedules and commitments. Our administrators cater to this when they work for you, and to ensure your administration work is completed to the highest standard.
Our primary focus for you as a medico legal expert is:
1. To maximise the efficiency of your practice 2. Grow or consolidate your business in line with your needs
We will manage all of your communication and administration
You will have two administrators assigned to you
We will manage your diary and logistics to save you time
We will transcribe your dictation and proof read your documents on request
Business Growth And Consolidation
Promote you to established legal representatives when cases arise
Continuously raise and improve your profile in the legal sector
We will promote you on our website
You will have an active Business Relationship Manager promoting your fields of expertise
At MLAS we have a strong working relationship with our experts, this includes trust and working to the highest level to get the best results for all parties.
If you require any information, please contact our office on the details below to discuss further.
Contact us now for more information:
firstname.lastname@example.org 0114 2455423 @MedLegAdmin https://www.linkedin.com/company/mlas/
MLAS SERVICES FOR EXPERTS
We offer an excellent and comprehensive service covering all aspects of administration from external communication and logistics through to finance management.
• Manage all enquiries and instructions from Insurance Companies and Solicitors
• Be main point of contact between solicitor and expert
• Resolve administrative enquiries and prepare written responses
• Answer, screen and transfer all inbound phone calls
• Supplementary report management
• Liaise with appropriate customers to organise and facilitate joint discussions
• Agree expert’s terms of engagement and confirm fees
• Manage expert’s diaries
• Confirm appointments in writing with customer and clients
• Organise suitable travel and/or accommodation for experts to examine clients where necessary
• Monitor medical records and ensure these are available to the expert prior to meeting with the client
• Minimise/manage DNA’s through efficient organisational processes
• Co-ordinate conferences with counsel and attendance in court
• Typing up of medical reports provided in the form of dictation
• Proof read medical reports before onward distribution
• Maintain and secure correspondence, records and documents relating to the clients
• Carrying out general clerical duties to include filing, typing and photocopying
• Maintain internal computer records and filing systems
• Make sure all reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner to meet customer deadlines
• Paperless office available through specialist scanning service
• Dedicated and secure electronic storage of all medical records
• Raising invoices using an agreed finance package
• Chasing payments and providing statements
• Maintaining detailed record of payments
• Regular updates from our finance team
• Regular upkeep and monitoring of management accounts
• Regular liaison with experts’ accountants updating VAT and income
MARKETING & PROMOTIONS
• Marketing at the Bond Solon annual conference and other national events
• Feature on our Website
• Continuously raise experts’ profile in the legal sector
• Dedicated Business Relationship Manager, marketing and promoting expert