Conflict Dynamics International is an independent notfor-profit organization with a mission to prevent conflict and to alleviate human suffering. Guided by the principles of neutrality, impartiality, and independence we seek to build a world that will enable people to realize their full potential, free from conflict, oppression, and poverty. We are expanding our work in Sudan at a critical time for the country by providing technical assistance and support to facilitators and participants in political dialogue processes.
The Benefits of Joining Us
Here is why this is such an exciting opportunity:
• You will be part of a dynamic, principled, mission-driven organisation.
• You will work with great people: We do exceptional work and will expect the same from you. You will be part of a small team that is hard working, ambitious, honest, open, thoughtful, and rigorous; a team that strives for excellence, is always looking for ways to improve and is obsessed with delivering to the highest standard.
• You will play a key role in the success of the program: The role of Senior Program Manager is critical to our work. Your success in this role will help determine the success of the program.
• You will make a huge difference to people’s lives: The Sudan program is designed to support dialogue processes at a critical point in the country’s history. The success of our work will make a powerful contribution to preventing conflict, alleviating human suffering, and supporting peace and inclusion in the Sudan.
• You will be competitively compensated.
In your role as Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer you will lead in the design and implementation of a monitoring, evaluation and learning system for the Sudan Program as well as providing inputs and guidance on Analysis, Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ADMEL) related to Conflict Dynamics’ Somali Program and thematic Peace Action Program Area.
Responsibilities will include:
• Leading in the design and development of a monitoring, evaluation and learning plan for the Sudan Program, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management and performance monitoring plans, ensuring that monitoring, evaluation, and learning are integrated into all aspects of the program.
• Reviewing program documentation and Conflict Dynamics’ (ADMEL) Guide with the goal of making improvements and ensuring that all the systems are in place to enable a rigorous monitoring, evaluation and learning processes and outcomes.
• Advising other programs within CDI on their monitoring, evaluation and learning systems.
• Overseeing data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality, timely and audit ready.
• Supporting the preparation and review of program reports in collaboration with program staff.
• Managing research activities and ensuring outcomes and lessons learned are integrated into the project and shared with relevant stakeholders.
• Providing training and mentoring to partners and staff to ensure the implementation of strong M&E systems.
• Ensuring that findings are accurately presented in all USAID reporting and tracking tools.
• Conducting consultations with Conflict Dynamics’ personnel and partners to ensure that their views and perspectives are taken account of in our monitoring, evaluation and learning processes.
• Providing of inputs and guidance on Conflict Dynamics’ ADMEL activities related to its Somali Program and Peace Action Program Area.
• Participating Sudan Program analysis and design meetings.
• Performing other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, and Qualifications
• Minimum 10 years’ professional experience working on Analysis, Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ADMEL) related to peace practice or humanitarian programs. This should include a proven track record of design and implementation of monitoring, reporting and evaluation plans.
• Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or Doctorate) in program design; monitoring and evaluation; political science; conflict studies; international relations; or related political- or social science field.
• In-depth knowledge of ADMEL methods, approaches, frameworks and tools and experience of identifying and selecting appropriate indicators for ADMEL. Experience of use of both qualitative and quantitative methods in ADMEL.
• Experience of designing and implementing ADMEL approaches in dynamic operating environments, including situations of political or post-conflict transition.
• Knowledge of the political, economic, or socio-cultural situation in Sudan desirable.
• Experience with USAID reporting and tracking tools.
Characteristics and Skills
• A passion for monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
• Commitment to Conflict Dynamics’ vision, mission, ethos and working principles.
• An attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical, quantitative, and qualitative research skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Fluency and excellent drafting skills in English essential. Working knowledge of Arabic highly desirable.
• An excellent team player with the ability to lead and be lead.
This is a full-time employeebased position. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Conflict Dynamics offers a competitive package of benefits and allowances to employees.
How to Apply
All correspondence, at this stage, should be via Oxford HR. To apply for this post, click on the “Apply” button on the job advert page, complete our online application form, and submit your CV and cover letter.
Please provide a CV and cover letter in two different documents, which should be prepared before applying as they will be considered in the application process. The cover letter should be no more than two pages long and explain why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
The document should be saved in MS Word in the following format: Your First Name-Your Last Name-Document Name-Date (mmyy) e.g., PatJones-CV-122022-CDI or Pat-Jones-CoverLetter-122022-CDI.
Timeline Closing Date: 5th February 2023
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible.
All candidates will receive an update regarding their application after the closing date. We advise candidates to add the role email to their safe senders list and regularly check their spam folder.
Equality and diversity are at the core of Conflict Dynamics International values. Staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information, or would like to have an informal discussion, please email at email@example.com in the first instance.Conflict Dynamics International 6
About Oxford HR
Oxford HR operates globally - mainly within the international development and charity sectors. We carry out retained executive search mandates at board and senior management levels. We also offer human resource and organisational development consultancy.
Oxford HR has many years of experience in search as well as an extensive network of international development, social sector, corporate, public sector, and academic contacts from across the world. We carry out comprehensive and often international searches designed to meet the specific needs of our client.