the value of
The Chamber provides members with opportunities for referrals and business promotion, as well as quality programs to help members grow and succeed.
Chamber staff advocates for businesses on a variety of issues on the local, county, state and federal levels, and works diligently to support businesses.
As the largest Chamber in Eastern Jackson County, our members benefit through networking and collaboration of nearly 1,000 member businesses.
You’re invited to stop in and visit with the Chamber staff at 220 SE Main Street, in Lee’s Summit.
Our organization serves as a catalyst by uniting member businesses, community agencies, education and government to make our city a great place to live, work and play.
• Members benefit from free listings and links on the Chamber’s website, smartphone app, buyer's guide, membership directory, monthly newsletter and more. • Chamber members are welcome to bring in publicity materials for us to display for visitors, as well as our members who are frequently in the office. • The Chamber receives hundreds of requests each year for recommendations and/or contacts for products and services in our area. The Chamber proudly refers visitors, newcomers, businesses and residents to Chamber member businesses. • Members may also promote their business each Monday on the Chamber’s Facebook page and on LinkedIn at any time.
We’re here to serve you and be the champion of businesses in Lee’s Summit.
Tyler Morehead Morehead Agency, LLC 2017 Chair of the Board
• Celebrate your business with the Chamber by having a ribbon cutting, open house or groundbreaking event. • The Chamber provides several different event sponsorship opportunities throughout the year to help promote businesses. • Several publications are produced by the Chamber annually including a Health Care Directory, Visitors Guides, Membership Directory and more, offering members additional exposure and advertising opportunities. • The Chamber’s quarterly business magazine, Catalyst, features relevant stories about Chamber member businesses and new developments in Lee’s Summit.
“The Chamber is an excellent avenue for individuals or organizations to engage in our community both personally and professionally. It is an active organization providing plenty of opportunities to get involved in Lee’s Summit. The awesome people you will meet along the way is just one of the many benefits of being a Chamber member.”
Mike Maksin, Publisher N2 Publications
According to a national study*, consumers are 63% more likely to buy from Chamber members. *The Schapiro Group, an Atlanta-based market research firm
The Chamber puts you in touch with hundreds of people who may become new customers or clients. The Chamber has approximately 1,000 members with more than 1,400 representatives. Networking and opportunities include: • Annual Gala
• Lunch with Leaders
• Breakfast for Champions
• Monthly Membership Luncheons
• Business Field Trips
• Recess for Success Professional Development Seminars
• Chamber Before Hours • Chamber After Hours • Chamber 101: Get Plugged In • Chamber Leads Groups • Committees/Task Forces
• Ribbon Cuttings and Groundbreakings • Young Professionals Group • ...and much more!
The Chamber is one of only four in Missouri to have received 5-star accreditation, the highest designation from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
“The Lee’s Summit Chamber understands the critical role of connecting the business, education and civic community. The college has held membership in the Chamber for over 40 years because as our region’s vision evolves, the Chamber is right there to address the current context at the right time.”
Dr. Kirk Nooks, President MCC-Longview
• Recess for Success is a free monthly seminar providing members with information on how to successfully grow and operate their business. • The Breakfast for Champions is held annually during the third week in November and includes a keynote address by one of the area’s most successful entrepreneurs. • The Chamber Young Professionals group holds quarterly professional development luncheons. • Visit LSchamber.com for upcoming dates and topics.
• On your behalf, the Chamber works actively on business issues at the local, state and national levels. We work to make the business climate better for you. • Each year the Chamber identifies legislative priorities and organizes trips to Jefferson City and Washington, D.C. • Council at a Glance highlights issues of importance to our members that are being discussed by the Lee’s Summit City Council.
2017 INVESTMENT RATES Your membership investment in the Lee’s Summit Chamber is determined by the rates listed below. Investments are based on two factors: number of full-time equivalent employees (FTE) and the type of firm or organization. If your business does not fall into one of the Special Investment Categories, you need to determine your FTE count. Locate your employee level under General Investment. The amount listed is your annual investment in the Chamber. This amount, plus a one-time $25 enrollment fee, is to be paid upon application. Each $340 investment includes one representative to be listed as the contact. All employees of a member business can participate. Employees who wish to be listed in the directory and receive mailings can be added as an additional representative for $140 each annually. *See exceptions for professional category listed below.
SPECIAL INVESTMENT CATEGORIES
BANKS & FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS: Based on $25 per million dollars in deposits in Lee’s Summit, $860 min., $2,000 max. Branches may be added for $175 each. All assets combined.
UTILITY COMPANIES: $1,230
16-25................... $510 26-50................... $570
HOSPITALS, HOTELS/MOTELS AND APARTMENTS: Base rate plus $1 per room or unit
CHURCH OR CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS: $260
INDIVIDUALS: $160 (can have NO business affiliation)
101-150............... $895 151-200............... $1,180 201-300............... $1,530 301-400............... $1,750 401-500............... $1,990 501-600............... $2,280 601-750............... $2,510 over 750............... $2,775
MULTIPLE LOCATIONS OF SAME BUSINESS WITH SAME OWNER: All employees at all locations must be combined for employee count. Each additional location listed is $175. PROFESSIONALS: $340 Category includes real estate and insurance agents, financial advisors, dentists, doctors, attorneys or accountants. You can join as an individual for base rate or under the company by number of employees plus $140 for each additional participating associate.
“We are proud to belong to an organization that plays such a key role in our community. Not only does the chamber act as a civic advocate for local businesses on the state and national level, it also provides multiple networking opportunities and helps us remain connected to the community.”
Dan Rexroth, President John Knox Village
READY TO JOIN OR NEED MORE INFORMATION? Cathy Young, director of member services, can be reached at 816.524.2424 or cyoung@LSchamber.com. You also can visit LSchamber.com to fill out an online application or learn more about any of the information mentioned here.