California GOP convention occupied by Ron Paul supporters RT February 28, 2012 Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich was the only GOP contender for president to appear at a California Republican Party convention this past weekend, but supporters of rival Ron Paul made sure their candidate of choice was made known loud and clear. The GOP convention in Burlingame, California became the site of an impromptu Ron Paul rally on Saturday when hundreds of supporters for the libertarian-leaning Republican candidate appeared on site and took over an event that was not even attended by the Texas congressman and presidential candidate. Some have since equated the random rally as an Occupy-style demonstration along the lines of the protests carried out by participants of the Occupy Wall Street movement. Last year, Paul had offered support for the OWS movement in not so many words, telling demonstrators during a November 2011 televised debate, “if you’re going after crony capitalism, I’m all for it.” In that same debate, Gingrich suggested that occupiers did not “have a clue about history,” adding, “Historically this is the richest country in the history world because corporations succeed in creating both profits and jobs.” Rival Newt Gingrich, who was the subject of attack ads created by the Congressman Paul late last year, was speaking at the event on Saturday for supporters who paid the $100-per-plate fee to hear him address the crowd. During the event, hundreds of Ron Paul supporters entered the Hyatt Hotel where the convention was hosted with signs showing their support for the Texas congressman. Some supporters, donned in rubber masks that emulated Paul’s face, rallied in the
hotel lobby with pro-Paul chants of support while brandishing signs. Gingrich had been picked as the keynote speaker for the event weeks earlier, reports the Silicon Valley Mercury News, although current polling from RealClearPolitics now puts the former speaker far behind the top-tier candidates. According to the research group, Gingrich is currently collecting only 14.1 percent of the Republican support on a national level, less than half of the 33.1 percent given to Senator Rick Santorum. Last month, Gingrich, Paul and Santorum were at a statistical dead-heat for second place, according to the group. Gingrich was considered a frontrunner in the race in December before the Paul campaign released a video labeling the former speaker as a “serial hypocrite.” Tim Cavanaugh, a contributor to Reason Magazine’s online blog, said that the flashmob Ron Paul rally brought a breath of fresh air to a Republican Party convention that was seemingly otherwise stale. On his part, Cavanaugh writes that “cheers of wild enthusiasm” for Congressman Paul countered a convention which was draped with a “cloud of dread and hopelessness.” Cavanaugh adds that, throughout the convention, registered Republicans in attendance had discussed their dismay with how the party was failing to prosper on local, state and national levels. Indeed, a day before, California Republican Party Chairman Tom Del Beccaro went on the record to say a “communication deficit” within the GOP in recent years had cost the party significant support. Outside of the convention, other Paul supporters showed favoritism for their candidate of choice by standing outside the hotel with campaign signs. Others then marched to the 101 Freeway and waved signs at passing
automobiles. A day before the convention, republican National Committee cochairman Sharon Day told the Oakland Tribune, “I think Americans truly are concerned about the direction this country has gone.” Paul supporters echoed that sentiment during Saturday’s convention, but perhaps not how Day would have expected. Chants of “End the Fed” and signs asking for the abolishment of the National Defense Authorization Act from Paul supporters overtook what was otherwise a mundane and non-monumental gathering of supporters of the establishment ideals backed by Gingrich. Earlier this week, Ron Paul dismissed rumors that he was conspiring with rival Mitt Romney to oust fellow candidate Rick Santorum from the GOP race. Asked during an engagement in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on Sunday if he was in cahoots with Romney, Paul responded, “No, never.” The Money Masters a History of Money http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXt1cayx0hs The Secret of Oz a History of Money http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swkq2E8mswI America: Freedom to Fascism http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUpZhhbKUBo FIAT EMPIRE: Why The Federal Reserve Violates The U.S. Constitution http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xt5US8FUpw Creature From Jekyll Island Second Look at the Federal Reserve http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dba9OY0Qat The American Dream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPWH5TlbloU EndGame Blue Print to Global Enslavement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CrNlilZho&ob=av3e The Truth Below
9/11 victims’ remains dumped into landfill Craig Whitlock Washington Post February 28, 2012 Some small portions of unidentified human remains recovered from the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the Pentagon and in Shanksville, Pa., were incinerated and ultimately dumped in a landfill, the Defense Department acknowledged Tuesday. Some small portions of unidentified human remains recovered from the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the Pentagon and in Shanksville, Pa., were incinerated and ultimately dumped in a landfill, the Defense Department acknowledged Tuesday. It was the first time that the Pentagon has said that some remains of Sept. 11 victims taken to the Dover Air Force Base mortuary later ended up in a landfill. In November, The Washington Post first disclosed that the Dover mortuary for years had disposed of incinerated portions of remains of troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan in a Virginia landfill. The practice involved unidentified or unclaimed body parts; it was not made known to troops’ family members. The Air Force later admitted that it had dumped the incinerated partial remains of at least 274 service members in the landfill between 2003 and 2008, when the practice ended. At the time, Air Force officials said their records only went back to 2003 and that they did not know when the landfill dumping began. On Tuesday, a new Defense Department review of the mortuary operations at Dover revealed that “several portions of remains” recovered from the Sept. 11 attacks at the Pentagon and at Shanksville also ended up in a landfill.
The review, led by retired Army Gen. John P. Abizaid, did not quantify how many human remains from Sept. 11 were disposed of in this manner. It said the remains “could not be tested or identified,” apparently because they were too small or charred to allow for DNA analysis. Those remains were cremated first, but then handed over to a “biomedical waste disposal contractor,” according to Abizaid’s report. Under an arrangement with the Air Force, the contractor transported bags of the medical waste for incineration. Dover mortuary officials assumed at the time that “after final incineration, nothing remained,” Abizaid’s report stated. In fact, there was still residual material left over from the incineration, which the contractor then took to a landfill. The mortuary changed its policy in 2008 and since then has buried unclaimed or unidentified cremated remains at sea. At a news conference, Abizaid said he could not quantify how many remains of Sept. 11 victims were disposed of in a landfill. He said his panel was directed to examine current operations at the Dover mortuary and make recommendations for improvements, not investigate past problems. “You’ll have to ask the question elsewhere,” he said when reporters pressed him to elaborate on how the remains of Sept. 11 victims were handled, as well as other incidents of malfeasance at Dover that were flagged in his report. “What we didn’t do was go back and take a detailed look at the records to see what went on.” Still, an appendix to Abizaid’s report lists several previously undisclosed incidents of mismanagement, mishandled body parts and other botched cases at the Dover mortuary, dating back for a decade. In January 2008, the Air Force paid a $25,000 settlement to the unidentified widow of a Marine “for mental anguish and medical costs due to loss of personal effects” that were “inadvertently destroyed” along with the Marine’s remains. Separately, in July 2006, group remains from four military personnel who died in an airplane crash were “cremated and disposed of as medical waste rather than being interred in group burial.” Abizaid’s report blamed “poor communication” among branches of the military but did not
give details. In September 2005, an Air Force investigation found that “human remains were mis-routed in a fashion constituting dereliction of duty,” according to the report, which again did not give details. Abizaid said he would not release documentation that his panel obtained about those incidents, saying: “I have no authority to release anything.” The retired general’s panel made a number of recommendations for streamlining management processes and the chain of command at Dover, which Abizaid said would improve operations and enable the mortuary to avoid a repeat of past problems. “Confidence has been lost in the ability of this organization to care for the fallen,” he said. “We must restore that confidence.” The top civilian and military leaders of the Air Force said they did not know until Tuesday that the cremated partial remains of some Sept. 11 victims were ultimately taken to a landfill. “This is new information to me,” Air Force Secretary Michael B. Donley said at a news conference. Asked whether he was also unaware, Gen. Norton Schwartz, the Air Force chief of staff, replied: “That’s what I’m saying.” The Air Force leaders said they were focused on fixing current problems at Dover. They said they did not have any plans to follow up on the disclosure about the Sept. 11 victims or investigate what happened to them at Dover. “There will be a decision, I suppose, at some point on what more time should be invested in this work,” Donley said. The disclosure of the landfill-dumping follows requests from lawmakers for the Pentagon to investigate the origins of the practice. On Feb. 6, in response to news reports about the landfill dumping, Rep. Rush Holt (D-N.J.) wrote a letter to Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta specifically asking whether the Defense Department could confirm that “no 9/11 victims’ remains were incinerated, mixed with medical waste and sent to a landfill?” Holt’s staff said the congressman has not received a response. “When I learned last summer that the unclaimed remains of American soldiers had been incinerated, mixed with medical waste, and discarded in landfills, I demanded that the Pentagon
come clean on these practices,” Holt said Tuesday in a statement. “I was appalled. Indeed, Americans across the country were appalled.” “I suspected, as Gen. Abizaid’s panel has now confirmed, that these practices had been going on for many years,” Holt added. “Even remains from the 9/11 terrorist attacks were treated in this way. The Pentagon must provide absolute clarity and accountability as to what human remains were dishonored in this manner.” Family members of victims of the attack on the World Trade Center have previously argued that some remains of their relatives were taken to a Staten Island landfill after Sept. 11. A city medical examiner indicated he believed remains were contained in fine particles at the landfill. Family members filed a lawsuit in 2005 to force New York to separate the debris in search of the remains, but a federal judge ruled that the plaintiffs could not successfully prove that they had a claim to any remains. The review released Tuesday is the latest report to scrutinize operations at the Dover Air Force Base mortuary, which has had body parts go missing and which even military officials acknowledge has suffered from gross mismanagement. Abizaid’s review found that the Dover mortuary labors under poor oversight, insufficiently trained workers and understaffing when large numbers of casualties arrive from the battlefield. Loose Change http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MN9382eGY TerrorStorm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrXgLhkv21Y Martial Law 911-Rise of the Police State http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIzT6r56CnY American Dictators http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fr5QC6u2EQ The Masters Of Terror http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvWftOi_u98 Architects and Engineers 9/11: Blueprint for Truth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vb7o-OOe20 Architects and Engineers 911Truth Experts Speak Out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW6mJOqRDI4
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich was the only GOP contender for president to appear at a California Republican Party convention this past...