GLDI [40-DAY LEADERSHIP TRAINING]
Global Leadership Development Institute
GLDI is a place where you can be trained to be powerful, competent, spirit-filled, Christ-ambassadors transforming the nation and nations of the world.
THERE IS GREAT NEED FOR GODLY LEADERS TO BE IN THE FOREFRONT OF THE MAJOR FORCES SHAPING OUR WORLD.
Warren Bennis, one of the world’s foremost experts on leadership, declares that there is a deepening leadership crisis in most of our institutions today and that this leadership crisis is the most urgent and dangerous of the threats we face in the 21st century.
The Global Leadership Development Institute (GLDI) seeks to train Spirit-filled, competent, powerful and transforming ambassadors who will change the nation and the world for Christ.
GLDI is where the brightest minds of this generation can:
• Experience personal transformation
• Learn principles to make the most out of life
• Gain a Biblical worldview
• Understand God's calling for their lives
• Embody Christ-like servant leadership with a global perspective
• Discover how to transform their communities and the world for Christ
Since 2007, GLDI’s 40-day intensive program has been training young men and women to start on the road to become the leaders God is calling them to be.
40 DAYS OF INTENSE TRAINING
Past attendees have described GLDI as an intense boot camp—physically, spiritually, emotionally and intellectually. If you're ready for the challenge of early morning exercises, participating in several lectures a day, engaging in deep discussions with fellow students, and being pushed to the limits, this is the place for you!
GLDI AT A GLANCE
- Personal transformation and vision
- Biblical truths and worldview
- Christ-like servant leadership
- Global perspectives
- Stewardship of your life: relationships, money, and time
- God's calling for you
- Transforming communities and the world
STRETCH YOUR BOUNDARIES
- Learn with some of the greatest teachers, leaders, thinkers, and pastors of our time.
- Dialogue with prominent pastors, Christian faculty members, and influential Christian professionals who will be personally engaged in helping you map your career/life goals.
- Make life-long friends with the brightest minds of this generation, friends who will journey with you in changing this world for Christ.
- Stretch your physical limits by participating in teambuilding activities and learning to discipline your body every morning.
- Envision God-sized solutions for issues affecting people today. Team up with others to find answers on how to improve communities across the nation and the world.
MAKE YOUR LIFE COUNT
OS GUINNESS, PH.D. “In the forty days, you get the most deep and comprehensive understanding of what it is to be a follower of Jesus in today's world. And you have teaching that goes from the foundation of scripture, to what discipleship means, to what calling means, right up to how we engage and analyze this crazy, fascinating, modern world in which we are living. And I think people who have been through this course have a vision of following Jesus which will set them up for the whole of life.”
BENJAMIN C. SHIN, D.MIN. “I think it's essential and imperative that a person be able to be a part of something like this if they are going to make an impact for the Kingdom of God. And I don't know of any program that is available for people of this age where they get the quality and the quantity of time teaching and training GLDI offers. It's an incredible program and that's why I've been a part of this program for over a decade.”
Jefferey J. Ventrella, Esq. “GLDI is one of the most strategic training events in its existence. It prepares leaders for every area of society and has a Kingdom perspective to serve the Kingdom of God. GLDI is producing what we need most in our cultures, and that's leadership—faithful leadership—to be able to apply the Kingdom to the ends of the earth in these strategic, public ways.”
JOSEPH KIM (GLDI '12) ORACLE / YALE UNIVERSITY “The most significant thing I learned were lessons of character. Lessons that are knowledge-based can be incredibly valuable in and of themselves but can be easily learned. Lessons of character are hard to come by and can’t be learned simply by knowing what to do. Character is usually learned by experiences, especially difficult and trying ones... but I consider them extremely valuable.”
DAVID KIM (GLDI '16) VIRGINIA TECH “I would describe GLDI as the most intentional time I’ve spent with God… GLDI was not only a place where I had the opportunity to seek Him, but also a place where I was encouraged by a community of believers to go farther and deeper in my walk with Christ. GLDI is a place of safety where everyone can come together, be vulnerable, and let God use that vulnerability and honesty to develop you.”
MELODY FAN (GLDI '16) COLLEGE OF WILLIAM AND MARY “GLDI is a safe community where God revealed to me my deepest sins and needs through brothers and sisters, speakers, and staff… I learned about the need for integrity and competency, which will allow me to be more equipped and ready for God’s Kingdom work. Most of all, GLDI helped me truly experience the fact that I cannot live without faith in Jesus Christ, and only in Him.”
1. Born-again, baptized Christian in good standing at a local church 2. Generally third year of college (by fall) to late twenties 3. Demonstrate leadership potential 4. Have an outstanding academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA) from a 4-year university/college
1. Completed online application (including personal essays) 2. Pastor’s recommendation 3. College/University transcript(s) 4. We may ask for a TOEFL score from international studentsAll applicants will go through a screening process before being selected
JAMA GLOBAL CAMPUS (GLDI) 22392 FM 16 W., Lindale, TX 75771 (903) 804-4016 firstname.lastname@example.org www.jamagldi.org
THE CAROB TREE
One day, Honi was walking on the road and saw a man planting a carob tree. Honi asked the man, “How long will it take for this tree to bear fruit? The man replied, “Seventy years.” Honi then asked the man, “And do you think you will live another seventy years and eat the fruit of this tree?” The man answered, “Perhaps not. However, when I was born into this world, I found many carob trees planted by my father and grandfather. Just as they planted trees for me, I am planting trees for my children and grandchildren so they will be able to eat the fruit of these trees.”
RAISING UP FUTURE LEADERS STARTS TODAY
Starting in the 1960s, some young leaders launched a war on mainstream Judeo-Christian culture. Their efforts, known as the counterculture movement, shifted American society away from its largely Biblical roots, and their influence still reverberates today.
Today, many of those young counterculture students of the 1960s are in preeminent positions of power in government, education, media, business, and the arts and entertainment sectors, and they influence not only America but all nations of the world.
There is an urgent need for godly leaders to be in the forefront of the major forces shaping our world. Transforming a culture does not happen overnight. We need to start now in training leaders to influence the culture for God's Kingdom. That is GLDI's goal. And we need your support.
We seek to provide scholarships to every GLDI student who is in need. This is only possible through the generosity of people like you who see the vision. Your sponsorship will help our students learn and be mentored to become the kind of leaders God will use to change the shift of our world towards Christ.
Would you be a carob planter, sowing into our future for God’s Kingdom and glory?
For every GLDI, we fundraise $3,000 per student. We have expanded since 2007 because of the sacrifical generosity of Kingdom-minded individuals and churches. We invite you to prayerfully consider how you might support us in raising up the next generation of Christcentered global servant-leaders.
22392 FM 16 W., Lindale, TX 75771