IPSF Development Fund 2017-18
World Congress Event Grant â€“ Call and Application
The IPSF Development Fund Committee is pleased to announce that the call for applications for the 2017-18 World Congress Event Grant is now open. This grant is designed to financially assist an individual in participating in World Congress, the largest international event for pharmacy and pharmaceutical science students and recent graduates. This year, the 64th IPSF World Congress will be held in Mendoza, Argentina from July 30 to August 8 under the theme “From lab to counter: the different pharmacists’ profiles and their constant contribution to global health.” Guidelines This is the official call and application form for the 2017-18 World Congress Event Grant. The accompanying information should be read in conjunction with the official application form, and the committee will consider only properly submitted applications. Individuals who wish to apply must: 1. Be currently studying for their pharmacy degree or a recent graduate (up to four years after the date of their graduation) 2. Be an IPSF member through an IPSF Member Organization (Full Member or Member in Association) or as an Individual Member The awarded grant will allow a pharmacy student with limited financial resources an opportunity to attend the 64th IPSF World Congress and will cover the registration fee. However, applicants must understand that this grant is given to a student to allow him or her to promote IPSF in their home country on returning from an IPSF event, and not as a free holiday. For more information about the 64th IPSF World Congress, visit the website here: http://congress.ipsf.org Please be aware that this application requires multiple components, including a motivation letter, letter of support, and information that must be filled out by your association’s Contact Person. We highly recommend starting the application as early as possible. This call and application is also separate from PARO’s Grant for the 64 th IPSF World Congress. Applicants may apply for both, but each application must be submitted to the respective parties. Completed application forms with signatures must be submitted to the Development Fund Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a word document or PDF by March 18, 2018 at 11:59pm GMT+0. When sending your application, please rename the file to specify the World Congress Event Grant and your name: “World Congress Event Grant - Insert Name”. All applicants will be notified of the Committee’s decision by April 15, 2018.
Tiffany Lee IPSF Development Fund Coordinator 2017-18 International Pharmaceutical Students’ Federation www.ipsf.org email@example.com
1. Background The main aim of the IPSF Development Fund is to give each and every pharmacy student an equal opportunity to fully participate in IPSF activities. This opportunity is also intended to help students promote IPSF within their schools of pharmacy and countries. Currently the IPSF Development Fund Committee releases a total of 8 grants per year: Associations/Organisation level o Membership grant o Project grant, biannual o Compounding event grant o Training Development Camp grant Members level o World Congress event grant o Regional event grant o Student Exchange Program grant
2. Qualifications Individuals who wish to apply must: 1. Be currently studying for their pharmacy degree or a recent graduate (up to four years after the date of their graduation) 2. Be an IPSF member through an IPSF Member Organization (Full Member or Member in Association) or as an Individual Member
3. Selection Procedures 3.1 The decision-making committee is the Development Fund Committee, Treasurer, and Development Fund Coordinator who chairs the committee. These individuals correspond via email and discuss issues relating to the selection process and ways to optimize the impact of Development Fund Grants at the local and international levels. 3.2 The applicant is an IPSF member, either through a Full Member organisation or Member in Association or as an Individual Member. The applicant is expected to provide accurate information and add any additional information that would be relevant in the consideration of the application form. If selected to receive the grant, a recipient is expected to: Take an active part in IPSF activities and projects during World Congress Produce a written report addressed to the Development Fund Committee and the IPSF Executive Committee detailing the applicant’s experiences during their exchange. This report may be published in the IPSF News Bulletin, IPSF Newsletter or on the IPSF website. Provide documentation of all expenses and receipts. The written report must be submitted no later than 1 month of the end of World Congress to the Development Fund Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org), or the grant may be withdrawn at the discretion of the decision-making committee.
4. Grant Coverage and Criteria The grant will allow a pharmacy student with limited financial resources an opportunity to participate in the 64th IPSF World Congress, and will cover the registration fee. The grant will be awarded as reimbursement at the end of World Congress. The total number of grants awarded will be dependent on the total number of quality applications received and on the grant budget available. Priority will be given to individuals who: Are from low-and lower-middle income countries as defined by the World Bank, Have served IPSF as a Contact Person, Student Exchange Officer, subcommittee member, or in some other way contributed, Are in their final year of studies, Will be attending an IPSF event for the first time and/or are the only representatives from their country.
5. Issues to be taken into consideration 5.1 Visas: It is essential applicants establish whether they require a visa to attend IPSF World Congress and begin the necessary steps for applying for a visa. No grant will be awarded to an applicant who fails to obtain the necessary visa(s) required to travel to the country where World Congress will occur. 5.2 Sponsors: Applicants are expected to try and find sponsorship from other bodies apart from the IPSF Development Fund. National, local, and private bodies often have a budget to support these kinds of initiatives. It is advised to reach out to potential sponsors as soon as possible, as it often takes time to receive an answer. You may even be surprised and secure more sponsors than you initially anticipated!
6. Situations and Consequences To avoid any misunderstanding of the procedures, misuse of the grant, or reduction in the grants awarded each year, this section has been added to dissuade potential applicants from hiding any relevant information or from providing incomplete or false information on their application form. It is an applicant’s responsibility to inform the Development Fund Coordinator of any changes in the information stated in the application form as soon as the applicant is aware of any new information. It is recommended that all applicants retain a copy of their application form to remember what has been stated in the application. If any change of circumstances occurs after submission of the application form, please inform the Development Fund Coordinator as soon as possible. Any applicant awarded a Development Fund grant and later found to have misused funds will not be eligible to receive any Development Fund grants in the next five years. If the grant has been paid before the misuse has been identified, then the applicant must pay the grant fully or partly back to the IPSF Development Fund as determined by the Development Fund Committee and the IPSF Executive Committee. The Development Fund Committee reserves the right to withdraw or reduce any grant given to an applicant if any of the following situations arise: Information relevant to the selection process was hidden from the Development Fund Committee by the applicant, Information stated by the applicant is later identified as being inaccurate or false and the applicant failed to notify the Development Fund Committee about the necessary changes required in the application, New information concerning the financial situation of the applicant was not provided (such as a new sponsor, more money available than was originally stated etc.), Failure to submit the required documentation and/or receipts or submission of incomplete documentation, or Other situations at the discretion of the Development Fund Committee.
IPSF Development Fund 2017-18
World Congress Event Grant Application Please read the entire call carefully before completing the application form. Every section of this application form must be completed in order to be valid. An application will only be considered if sections A, B, C, D, E, and F have been completed, the application electronically signed, and all relevant documents sent in. Please email the completed application to the Development Fund Coordinator (email@example.com) a word document or PDF by March 18, 2018 at 11:59 PM GMT+0. When sending your application, please rename the file to specify the World Congress Event Grant and your name: “World Congress Event Grant – Insert Name”.
SECTION A. Applicant Details Personal Details Full Name (Mr / Ms / Mrs) Date of Birth Full Address Country Telephone Number Email Passport and Visa Information Current Passport Number Valid until: Visa requirements Study Details Name of School of Pharmacy at which you are studying Address Email Degree to be received Total length of study Date of graduation (expected) IPSF Involvement Briefly discuss your involvement within your national association and within IPSF (Max: 400 words).
SECTION B. Financial Details Please make sure to attach the relevant documents regarding your financial status in English and in PDF format: a. Proof of income, such as a pay check or statement with the amount of money received per month or per year, if applicable b. Proof of received scholarships, grants, or loans stating the amount of money received per month or per year, if applicable Your National Currency Exchange Rate on 1 Euro (€) Exchange Rate on 1 Euro (€) by Treasurer
[To be completed by Treasurer]
Monthly Income Income Type Applicant’s Income Scholarship or Grant Money Sponsorship for Exchange Loans Please specify student or other From university, as deducted from tuition fees
Family allowance Money from family for expenses Other sources of income Please specify:
Monthly Expenditures Income Type Tuition Rent or housing Electricity, gas, water Phone and internet Food and groceries Books, stationary, school supplies Clothing, shoes, personal hygiene Other sources of expenditure Please specify:
TOTAL Note: Living expenses are considered as necessary costs for living that are paid by the applicant personally. For example, food, accommodation, electricity fees, and study costs, but not unnecessary costs like holidays. Financial Background Total Family Income
Sources of Family Income Eg. Father, mother, siblings, investments, assets No. of Dependents in Household How many family members depend on your parents’ income Travel Plans Expenses National Currency
Estimated travel and visa expenses to attend IPSF event Please complete the table below detailing your estimated travel route and the corresponding costs. Please note that only one row will need to be completed for a direct travel option. For a travel plan which involves multiple modes of transportation, each leg of the journey should be listed on a separate row. For example: Row 1: Flight Amsterdam, The Netherland to Cairo, Egypt; Row 2: Bus Cairo, Egypt to Hurghada, Egypt, and so on. Destination Estimated Costs in Route and Means of Source of the Information Each leg of the Euros (€) Transportation Website, travel agency, etc. journey on a Including return travel Please attach electronic separate row document if available.
Sponsorship Details State the names of any bodies in your country which you have already contacted for sponsorship, when you contacted them, and the results of the request(s). If no sponsors were contacted, please explain why. Sponsor Name Date of Contact Response Received Sponsorship Value and Date of Response (Euros)
SECTION C. Motivation Letter Detail your reasons below for applying for the grant (Max: 500 words). Please discuss the following: ď‚ˇ What are your reasons for participating in the 64th IPSF World Congress? ď‚ˇ What do you hope to gain through participating in the 64 th IPSF World Congress? Applicants should include any additional information that may be relevant. As this section is seriously considered during the selection process, applicants are reminded of the importance of stating clear and realistic reasons for participating in the 64th IPSF World Congress, with a focus on the personal, national, and international impact this experience can have.
SECTION D. Letter of Support A letter of support, signed or stamped, from the Dean or Professor at which the applicant is studying must be attached as a separate electronic PDF document. If the applicant is a recent graduate, a support letter may instead be obtained from an employer.
SECTION E. Student Association Details This section is to be completed by your associationâ€™s Contact Person. Please note: If you wish to keep your application and financial information private, we recommend you send your CP a blank copy of this application first so they can complete this section. You can then proceed to complete the rest of the application once they have returned it to you.
1. Is the applicant a member of your association? Yes No 2. Is the applicant an official delegate? Yes No 3. Are any other persons (students, graduates, others) from your country attending World Congress?
ASSOCIATIONâ€™S CONTACT PERSON Signature Name Name of Association Date Email
SECTION F. Signatures By signing this application, you declare that: 1. The information stated above is to the best of my knowledge, complete and accurate; 2. In the event of any changes in the information stated above, I will notify the Development Fund Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) without delay in order to prevent the potential withdrawal of the grant (if the application is successful); 3. You have fully read and agree to comply with all the above conditions and guidelines. APPLICANT Signature Name Date Email
Call for applications for the 2018 World Congress