ARCHITECTURE PORTFOLIO INDERPREET KAUR
Architecture has been shaping the lives of all living beings for centuries. It is an integral part of our life and is associated with all resources and needs.
A R C H I T E C T U R E
S T U D E N T
ABOUT ME EDUCATION
My name is Inderpreet kaur. I am pursuing bachelors of architecture degree from Lovely profressional university, Phagwara.
Lovely Professional University, Punjab
K amla Nehru Public School, Phagwara (Punjab)
ACHIVEMET AND PARTICIPATION
CGPA/ PERENTAGE LPU
Won Third Prize in ‘Knot the nails’ organized by Indian Green Building Council, LPU, September 2016
•Participated in ‘Nasa-cultural trophy(dance), event organized by National Association of Students of Architecture at I.E.T. Bhaddal, Ropar, October 2018
2016-2021 I am a smart and fast learner. I can manage critical and under-pressure situations. I have a proactive attitude towards problems rather than reactive.
XII 2016 X
TECHNICAL SKILLS Autocad Revit
K amla Nehru Public School, Phagwara (Punjab)
POORNIMA UNIVERSITY JAIPUR
Internship at Arcwal Architects, Jalandhar. (June-July 2018)
Acquired knowledge about project management and working drawings
Summarized the details of building construction
Analyzed the workflow in site
Compiled the data for an under construction project
WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS LPU
• Attended a workshop ‘Lauri Baker’ which focused on mud construction organized by Re Root , LPU, February 2018. • Attended a workshop ‘Reader’s Shelter’ which focused on encouraging reading organized by National Association of Students of Architecture at I.E.T. Bhaddal, October, 2018
POORNIMA UNIVERSITY JAIPUR
• Attended a seminar on ‘A3 Foundation’ which focused on Research and Promotion of sustainable art and architecture by Ar. Sangeet Sharma, Chandigarh, November, 2018.
email id email@example.com
Address • H. No. 214,Onkar Nagar, street no.3, Phagwara, Punjab (India) - 144401
• Attended a seminar on ‘Sustainable Mobility’ which focused on various sustainable methods of transportation by Interior-Exterior-EXPO, conducted by Ar .Sanjay Goyal, Chandigarh, February 2019. • Attended a workshop on ‘Professional Networking’ which focused on enhancing professional networking, conducted by Ankita Nandy, LPU, March 2019.
Trophy head for ,ARchitectural journalism, trophy at NASA, organized by National Association of Students of Architecture at Pornima university, Acted as Co-ordinator for announcing, badge distribution, distributing passes, attending lecture, Chandigarh, February 2019.
Phone no. 8427044752
•Participated in ‘Marsotopia-Design Competition’ organized by LPU, LPU, September 2018.
ROLES AND REPONSIBILITIES
•Participated in ‘Nasa-cultural trophy(JOURNALISM TROPHY), event organized by National Association of Students of Architecture at Pornima university, Jaipur, 2019
Reading Books Music Sketching Movies
1. ECO RESORT
2. BSUP HOUSING
3. RESILINT CP 2.0
5. SKY SCRAPER
1. ECO RESORT INTRODECTION TO PROJECT The Project is about Designing An Eco Resort in the wetland region of Keshopur. Where the project should complement the surrounding without disturbing its ecology. On the otherhand the project will also contribute to preserve the wetlands in Keshopur region of Punjab. Earth bags are the major construction material. They are polypropylene bags that are filled with a mixture of mud, straws and cement/lime. These bags are used for making the structure which is then plastered with mud. It is an inexpensive, simple and sustainable method for building structures. It uses a basic foundation which has a hallow dept of 400 mm. Stones are used for the first layer as a binding to provide foundation a concrete base. Then the earth bags are stacked one over other in reducing concentric circle form with a layer of wire fence to provide grip to stacking of bags.
The domes have been covered with a live roof or green roof, the grass upon it merges with the ground around it giving them an impression of a hole in a ground rather than a structure. The major construction material is mud which can be directly acquired from the site. The interior finishes are also done with mud and lime plaster. Lime providing waterproofing. The Eco-domes provides an experience of wonder and living close to nature
2. BSUP HOUSING INTRODECTION TO PROJECT The Project is about Designing BSUP Housing for the slum inhabitants. The site for the same is in Ludhiana. Aim of the project was to design 1500 units for the given 6.09 acre area. The units, clusters and site are to be designed keeping in mind the requiremnets and habits of the inhabitants. Through various surveys, information regarding income and source of income were acquired. Studying existing BSUP housing carious positive and negative aspects , of the current situation, were studied and then used in the design.
ABOUT SITE Site is located in Giaspur , ludhiana (India). The project was about desining a housing for EWS section who are relocated from slum located near model town of ludhiana. so the challenge was to create a design that solves all their problems and adjust according to their need. To do that a household survey has been conducted in december 2018 to analyse their daily needs better to make use of the space better. So the unit plans with a flexibility of space has been designed so that user may shape the space asper their need. their are three type of units with different foot-
3. RESILIENT CP 2.0 INTRODECTION TO PROJECT Connaught place, New Delhi, commonly known as CP, a commerce hub, in time has fulfilled many purposes. Today itâ€™s a public market and a recreational spot as well as a transit hub for metro. Its fabric has a narrative history, economics and a reputation, holding a great potential for the future. The old structure, built 100 years ago, is seen crumbling day by day. it has served its purpose for the years but needs to be ready for the years to come. The site holds many opportunities, if done right, it may start a revolution in designing our cities with changing circumstances and the challenges of tomorrow. Delhi being one of the most polluted cities in the world, shows an alarming situation making city unlivable day by day. Effective solutions provided at one place may work like an inception for whole city and beyond. Without reformation of present steps, problems remain unaltered, leading humanity to apocalypse, terminating every creation. Resouces become scarce, space slender, ceasing culture and sociability. Survival instinct being the primary need will overtake other emotions gradually eradicating humanity and making earth and its beings, toxic. This concept will act as a prototype, transforming the city, the country and eventually galvanising the whole world. New CP, is superior and resilient, drives a stiring insurgent present situation, throughout the world. Provinding open spaces, keeping humanity and culture alive; furnishing street with lively activities, social life and health, the new cp is an innovation that stimulates minds all over.
INTRODECTION TO PROJECT The Project is about Designing a public library in Delhi at Pragati Maidan. The site is surrounded by major landmarks such as Parliament house, India Gate, Supreme court, Humayunâ€™s tomb, Jama Masjid, etc. Keeping in mind the site context, the library is designed as a mixture of traditional delhi architecture and islamic architecture. It is a two storey structure with 2 basements. The library fulfills the traditional and present purpose of learing and reserching.
GROUND FLOOR PLAN
The two basemnets floors are getting day-light through skylights and light-tube bulbs.
ELEVATION B Light tubes
5. SKY SCRAPER
MODLE MAKING COMPETITION
The competiton was about making a sky scraper scaled model so as to understand various construction techniques used for a sky scraperâ€™s construction. The basic requiremnts and structural systems that are used practically.
6. LAURIE BAKER WORKSHOP RE-ROOT
Re-root serves as an absolute latform to create a global community of architects, designers and learners provided with an insight to propagate the philosophies of the Gandhi of Architecture Laurence Wilfred ‘Laurie Baker’ which long pre-empted modern concepts such as eco-friendliness and sustainable architecture. Alongside with the hand-on construction techniques it also aims of empowering the design skills of individuals regarding socia, cultural and economic viability through site analysis, material choice, construction techniques. The workshop was about creating an open sitting using mud construction techniques. It’s purpose was to learn and utilize these techniques. To understand the basics of eco-friendly materials and skills; and to perform them practically.