E D M O N D
C I T Y
C O U N C I L
2 0 1 6
S T R AT E G I C P L A N
CURRENT GOALS <2 YEARS
1. Support completion of the Hotel /Conference Center 2. Plan IV: a. Develop a more effective Plan Amendment Request review process for Edmond Plan IV b. Work with Planning Commission on Plan IV to update land use projections to include commercial and multi-family inventory
FUTURE GOALS >2 YEARS
Continue development to become a destination to experience art, entertainment, amateur sporting events and outdoor recreation, including possible partnership of a performing arts center with UCO
2. Continue economic development of I-35 corridor 3. Promote Edmond as a livable community with access to recreation and transportation via:
3. Continue action on capital improvement projects to implement the 2014 Edmond Downtown Master Plan
a. Participation in Association of Central Governmentsâ€™ Regional Transit Planning
4. Identify plans for development / re-purposing of the former Police Department building and other City of Edmond buildings in the downtown campus
5. Respond to our citizenâ€™s traffic concerns by:
5. Acquire at least one future community park site
a. Continued implementation of the Intelligent Traffic System
b. Prioritization of efforts to improve traffic flow
6. Conduct a successful election in 2016 to extend one sales tax and renew another 7. Improved / enhanced coordination of brand identification 8. Establish a tree canopy percentage goal and identify steps for implementation
b. Development of bike and multi-use trails
4. Explore expansion of library services
GENERAL COUNCIL POLICIES 1.
Extend, maintain and communicate City Council Strategic Plan for Edmond through semiannual reviews in May/June and updates and modifications in October/November for the next calendar year
2. Encourage and support cultural and historical activities in the community that are diverse and easily accessible for all citizens 3. Utilize input from boards and commissions and communicate their activities; initiate and encourage citizen and organizational development 4. Maintain an efficient development process and encourage utilization of technology in existing and future infrastructure to implement smart growth 5.
Work with Edmond Economic Development Authority to engage in aggressive economic development through research of demographic information to create more local jobs and expand innovative public/private initiatives and strategic partnerships
Continue to develop and strengthen partnerships with the University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond Public Schools, Francis Tuttle Technology Center, and Oklahoma Christian University to encourage equitable and informative partnerships in relationship to growth and future infrastructure needs
3. Continue water conservation efforts and development of additional water supply resources
Maintain and promote the City of Edmondâ€™s green infrastructure through preservation of natural areas and watersheds, beautification of parkways, medians and public spaces
4. Encourage citizen participation in boards and commissions through outreach, including utilization of short-term task forces
8. Pursue national, regional and local legislative goals and partnerships to achieve the highest level of service for constituents
1. Operate City of Edmond General Fund Budget with a 10% minimum general fund balance 2. Pursue engineering on long-range transportation improvements to maximize our efforts to secure grant funds
5. Conduct bi-annual citizen survey and subsequent follow-up
9. Provide the highest level of public safety 10. Provide communication and education regarding emergency planning and proactive safety 11. Promote affordable housing in Edmond 12.
Continue Edmondâ€™s internal Sustainability Plan and support efforts to preserve and protect the environment for future generations by being good stewards of our resources
13. Promote healthy and diverse lifestyles, neighbor hoods and recreational resources 14. Continue proactive growth in Edmond Electric load factor to improve return on investment 15. Engage the local community using traditional and digital media tools 16. Carefully and thoughtfully manage future capital project needs
Charles Lamb Mayor May 2015–17 firstname.lastname@example.org
MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL OUR VISION
Victoria Caldwell Council Member Ward 1 May 2015–19 email@example.com
Edmond strives to be a diverse and innovative hometown committed to excellence through leadership, balanced growth and cooperation. These high standards will only be accomplished in full partnership with the community.
OUR MISSION The Edmond City Council leads by setting policy for City direction, by balancing growth and by serving as stewards of assets for today’s, as well as tomorrow’s, community and citizens.
Elizabeth Waner Council Member Ward 2 May 2015–19 firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR CORE VALUES Truth | We seek the truth and allow for fair and thorough deliberation. Integrity | We operate on the foundation of trust by honoring honest and open discussion with each other and our citizens.
Darrell Davis Council Member Ward 3 May 2013–17 email@example.com
Proactive | We believe in visionary leadership by creating opportunities for the citizens of Edmond to grow and define their community. Communication | We provide opportunities for diverse expression of thought and dialogue. Service | We believe in nurturing and advancing a united partnership between the Council, the City Staff and our Citizens. Accountability | We have high standards with regard to our monetary responsibilities, actions and performance and we hold ourselves accountable to these high standards.
Nick Massey Council Member Ward 4 May 2013–17 firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Edmond | P.O. Box 2970, Edmond, OK 73083–2970 (405) 359 – 4569 | edmondok.com © Copyright 2016 City of Edmond. All Rights Reserved. Cover image: McNeeseStudios.com Produced by the City of Edmond Marketing & Public Relations Department.