IN BUsINEss, EdUCAtION, HEALtH, ANd sPORt AdmINIstRAtION fOR CANAdIAN stUdENts
kEEP YOUR CAREER mOvING fORwARd. Online or on campus, our diverse programs will prepare you to face your professional future with confidence and experience. You might become a teacher and graduate with hands-on expertise working with young children or adolescents. Travel the world with your knowledge of international business or as an English language teacher. You might accelerate your career through the only one-year MBA program in Western New York; pair health care with information management and technology studying Health IT. Or, open the door to a career in college athletics, promotion of wellness through nutrition, or physical education. Whatever you choose, here youâ€™ll pair research with field experience. Our experienced professors will prepare you for success in whatever you aim to achieve. And our Jesuit tradition will add ethical studies to your coursework, so youâ€™ll learn to face professional challenges with a positive, change-oriented attitude that will give your career a competitive edge.
PROGRAms Of stUdY The Richard J. Wehle School of Business
• One-Year MBA • MS in International Business - Online
School of Education and Human Services
• MS in Adolescence Education • MS in Childhood Education • MS in Physical Education • MS in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) - Online • MS in Health Information Technology - Online • MS in Applied Nutrition - Online • Master of Sport Administration - Online & On Campus
ONLINE LEARNING We offer more than 12 online master’s degree programs, and each has the same quality and rigor as our on-campus courses, plus the flexibility of a virtual classroom. For more information and advice about earning a Canisius graduate degree online, visit canisius.edu/readiness.
Canadian citizens in every program receive a 20% discount on tuition. Your program will be convenient, include real-world experience and prepare you to meet your career goals. If you’re in education, you’ll be able to complete your student teaching requirement in Ontario. If you’re in sport administration, you can do your internship anywhere in the world. Apply online for free and receive a decision within 10 days. Faculty & Staff Our faculty understand their fields intellectually and practically. They bring experience to every course and many hold PhDs or other terminal degrees. They combine quality instruction with flexibility designed for working adults. So – online or in person – you’ll get a world-class education with a real-world point of view. Get to know them at canisius.edu/faculty. Accreditation The Richard J. Wehle School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), a recognition fewer than 5% of the world’s business schools attain. Our education programs are accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). These are the most prestigious accreditations available. So after graduation, employers everywhere will recognize the quality of your degree.
GAtHER kNOwLEdGE. PASS IT ALONG. MS in Adolescence Education On campus – 33 credit hours
Teaching adolescents takes experience, understanding of pedagogy, and knowledge of the subject you’ll be teaching. Earning your initial certification in adolescence education will prepare you for this complex task. Our program includes more than 100 hours of field experience – from observation to assisting classroom teachers to student teaching. It allows you to specialize in a subject of your choice, combining educational theories with content area expertise. You’ll graduate with a strong foundation of knowledge, equipped with the tools to pass that knowledge along to the next generation.
Subject Area Tracks
• • • • • •
Business English Mathematics French, German, and Spanish Biology, Chemistry, and Physics Social Studies/History
• Start when it works for you – fall or spring. • Qualify to teach in seventh through twelfth grade classrooms in your chosen subject area. • Experience first-hand teaching through our clinically-rich program. • Earn your initial teaching certification and master’s degree simultaneously. • Complete the program in three semesters or 15 months.
fAst fACt All of our initial certification programs lead to certification in New York and Ontario, Canada.
GROw YOUR CAREER; HELP CHILDREN GROW. MS in Childhood Education On campus – 39 credit hours
Teaching children requires knowledge of many different subjects, classroom management skills, and a keen understanding of how children learn. Our initial certification program in childhood education combines academic study with classroom teaching experience to help you launch your teaching career with confidence. You’ll get more than 100 hours of field experience in classrooms – observing, learning, and student teaching. In addition to educational theory courses and practical experience, you’ll also develop your educational philosophy. At Canisius, we’ll prepare you to become a leader in education and make a difference in the lives of children.
• Start when it works for you – spring or summer. • Qualify to teach in first through sixth grade classrooms. • Experience first-hand teaching through our clinically-rich program. • Earn your initial teaching certification and master’s degree simultaneously. • Complete the program in three semesters or 12–15 months.
See how Colin Shoemaker’s education defined his career at canisius.edu/profiles. p
GEt YOUR EdUCAtIONAL CAREER MOVING. MS in Physical Education, On campus – 39 credit hours
Prepare for a career as a physical education teacher. Our program leads to initial certification in New York – one of the most rigorous state certifications in the nation. Our clinically-rich program will give you real experience teaching every aspect of PE – from team sports to healthy living. You’ll study theory and put it into practice. You’ll research, analyze, test, and synthesize. Our program will prepare you for the real work of teaching physical education – and by the time you have your own classroom, you’ll already be an experienced, certified professional. Program Highlights
• Start when it works for you – fall or spring • Qualify to teach kindergarten through twelfth grade. • Gain practical experience in our clinically-rich program. • Enroll in an initial certification program that leads to PE certification in New York and Ontario, Canada. • Complete your degree in four semesters.
Note: All our initial certification programs lead to certification in New York and Ontario, Canada.
LEARN HERE, TEACH ANYWHERE. MS in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Online – 30 credit hours
Our master’s program in TESOL will give you the qualifications and practical skills to teach English in Ontario and anywhere. We’ll give you the certification and experience to begin teaching right away. And since TESOL is a growing field, job opportunities are expanding. So with this certification, your degree will be portable to wherever many different languages are spoken.
• • • •
S tart when it works best for you – fall, spring, or summer. Enroll without being bilingual – fluency in a second language is not required. Prepare for a job anywhere different languages are spoken. Complete the entire program online – there’s no residency required.
kEEP YOUR CAREER HEALTHY. MS in Health Information Technology, Online – 38 credit hours
Earning a master’s in health information technology will give you an edge in a rapidly-changing field. You’ll pair knowledge of health care with expertise in information management and technology, synthesize information from many different fields and learn to solve problems. And with those skills, you’ll graduate prepared to help organize health information just about anywhere – and that will give your career a technical advantage. Program Highlights
• Start in the fall. • Learn in convenient eight-week terms. • Q ualify to work wherever health information is collected – from hospitals to insurance companies to government agencies to health consulting firms. • Earn your degree entirely online, without uprooting your career. • Complete your degree in less than two years.
MS in Applied Nutrition, Online – 33 credit hours
Our master’s degree in applied nutrition pairs academic research with clinical experience to strengthen your career. Here, you’ll learn to conduct dietetic research. You’ll evaluate nutritional programs and build a firm base of theoretical and clinical knowledge. By graduation, you’ll be ready to assume a management or administrative position, because applying nutritional understanding to your career will come naturally.
• Obesity and Eating Disorders • Fitness and Sports Nutrition • Business and Entrepreneurship in Nutrition
• Start when it works best for you – fall, spring, or summer. • Earn your degree entirely online. • Understand the principles of nutrition essential for prevention of disease. • Complete a master’s project to integrate knowledge of nutrition with research. • S tudy in convenient eight-week terms. • Complete your degree in as little as one year.
BE PROfEssIONALLY COMPETITIVE. MS in Sport Administration Online – 33 credit hours; On campus – 42 credit hours
The Master of Sport Administration program at Canisius College will help you step up your professional game. It’s one of a select few U.S. master’s programs approved by the North American Society for Sport Management. The program will equip you with skills to be an effective manager in a wide range of sport-related enterprises. You might manage intercollegiate athletics, or work with amateur and professional sports teams. Join a sport-marketing firm, manage special athletic events, or undertake the management of sports facilities.
• Start when it works best for you – fall, spring, or summer. • Learn from current leaders in the sport industry with real-world experience. • Gain valuable industry experience through internships, industry case studies, distinguished guest lectures, and trips to conferences. •
Choose from specializations including professional sport, intercollegiate athletics, and sport event management.
Partner with the community through MSA Cares, our vibrant community service program.
• Intern in the sport industry during our program’s capstone experience, anywhere in the United States or even internationally. • Study in a major league city with an array of professional sport opportunities. • Complete your degree in just two years. •
Join our network of 400 alumni that connects internship and job opportunities with sport organizations and agencies across the nation.
wHERE OUR stUdENts LEARN ANd wORk Atlanta Braves Big Ten Conference Buffalo Bills Buffalo Sabres Cenergy Sports & Entertainment Cleveland Cavaliers Disney Wide World of Sports First Niagara Center Kelly For Kids Foundation Major League Baseball (MLB) Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) Miami Dolphins National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) NFLPA/NFL Players, Inc. Octagon Marketing San Francisco 49ers Toronto Raptors Tulane University Villanova University United States Olympic Committee United States Soccer Federation University of Buffalo Yale University Velocity Sports & Entertainment
Find out how Pat Mathews is successful in the business of sports at canisius.edu/profiles. p
tHE fIRst RULE Of BUsINEss: INVEST WISELY. Master of Business Administration, One-Year MBA – 51 credit hours
In our One-Year MBA program, you’ll learn to solve problems. Our two-phase curriculum is rooted in real business experience. First is the Formulation Phase, when you’ll identify business problems, recognize the key issues involved, and develop solutions. Second is the Implementation Phase, where you’ll introduce solutions to organizations and evaluate your results. All the while, you’ll build relationships with classmates and faculty that will strengthen and bolster your career.
Note: Our One-Year and Evening MBA programs are open to students with any undergraduate major. Program Highlights
• Begin your program in late August and graduate in mid-August the following year. • Attend daytime classes full time during fall, spring and summer semesters. • Study in a quiet, dedicated classroom that’s available 24 hours a day. • Interact with guest speakers from the Buffalo business community through our Professional Leadership Series. • Explore local, national and international internship opportunities. • Learn from a member of the Buffalo business community, who will mentor you throughout the program.
wHERE OUR ALUmNI ARE wORkING Senior Financial Analyst – AIG, New York City Marketing Representative – Largo, Toronto Key Accounts Manager – Mentholatum Vice President – Key Bank Chairman of the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery – Catholic Health
PURsUE A wORLd OF POSSIBILITIES. MS in International Business – 33 credit hours
As an online program, our MS in international business will meet you where you are. At the same time, we’ll take you beyond your comfort zone and into the international business community with our integrated study abroad experience. Your study will be flexible, yet challenging. No matter your undergraduate background, an international business degree will make you highly valuable in today’s global economy.
What You’ll Gain
• Understanding of international business environments. • Knowledge of international competition and its effect on business. • Strategies to manage international impact on corporations. Study Abroad
• Gain business experience while spending one or two weeks in London, Brussels and Paris. • Immerse yourself in the cultural business climate of a foreign country during a full semester abroad.
wHERE OUR ALUmNI ARE wORkING Marketing Manager – Rich Products International Systems Analyst – Moog Senior Buyer – Johnson & Johnson Project Manager - WTS
Meet our professors, like George Palumbo, PhD, and Mark Zaporowski, PhD, at canisius.edu/faculty. p
DISCOVER Get ready for online study. Visit canisius.edu/readiness for info and advice about earning a graduate degree online.
Visit and ApplY Whether you’re set on a specific program or still exploring your grad school options, we’d love to help you figure out what comes next. Contact our admissions office to speak with a counselor, set up a visit, or find out more about studying at Canisius College.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS • • • •
Free online application at canisius.edu/apply Official transcripts Certification of finances form at canisius.edu/cff GMAT/GRE required for business programs
DEADLINES Applications are processed on a rolling basis and considered as they are received. We recommend submitting all application materials at least 60 days prior to the start of the term you wish to begin in order to have time to complete visa requirements. For more information, contact the Graduate Admissions Office toll free at 800-950-2520.
MAIL, EMAIL or FAX ALL ADMISSIONS MATERIALS TO: Canisius College Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120 2001 Main Street Buffalo, NY 14208 email@example.com 800.950.2520 FAX: 1 (716) 888.3290