THE ART OF MAKING A DIFFERENCE Discover how Off the Fence became part of one of the largest reforestation projects on earth
JAGUAR SCULPTURE This life-size sculpture (116 cm long and 96 cm tall) has been designed by award-winning sculptor Chris Tap. Chris donated his time, talent and craftsmanship to produce this astonishing sculpture for the BJF. His sculptures are sold worldwide and his works are being recognized for what they are: invitations to connect with the spirit of a mighty animal.
THE BLACK JAGUAR FOUNDATION (BJF)
WE ALL HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE The BJF is driven to restore the balance between nature and mankind to improve the life of each of us and all future generations on our planet.
THE MISSION Our goal is to help realize the Araguaia Biodiversity corridor in central Brazil. It will be the longest nature corridor on earth. And it has the potential to become the largest reforestation project in South America, improving the life of each of us and all future generations on our planet. With partners whose values match those of the BJF, we will reach our goal through well-defined tasks, step by step. The BJF offers a tangible solution for the drastic destruction of two of our most precious ecosystems: the Amazon rainforest and the Cerrado savanna.
THE STORY Inspired by the powerful documentary ‘HOME’ by Yann Arthus-Bertrand and its message that ‘we all have the power to change’, the BJF has expanded its mission. Instead of being the focus of the foundation, the black jaguar came to be its icon. It symbolizes the precarious future of the entire Amazon and Cerrado as well as the endangerment of our own species.
THE BJF COMMUNITY
ENTREPRENEURS, SCIENTISTS & ARTISTS UNITED BY A DRIVING FORCE The BJF Community consists of committed people and companies from all over the world who know they can make a difference.
OFF THE FENCE Off the Fence is an award-winning producer and distributor of non-fiction films. Since 1993, when the company was established, the Off the Fence creative team has been honoured by more than 80 awards. Off The Fence owns the rights to 6,500 hours of content. With professionals working worldwide, it has an independent spirit, dynamism and deep understanding of local markets. As a non-fiction specialist, Off the Fence has started selling factual channel feeds globally and offers other broadcast services such as scheduling, branded blocks and programme supply services.
PROFILE NRÂ° 004 The First 600 campaign is an engaging platform and a great fundraising opportunity to help the BJF and its partners accomplish this bold conservation project. Click on a green window to reveal the video message and profile of the company or person sponsoring that window. To learn more about the involvement of Off the Fence, visit: www.black-jaguar.org/thefirst600/004
“One of the most CO2 absorbent human acts is to regrow our tropical trees. Let’s help our planet breathe.” Ellen Windemuth – CEO
AMAZON ARAGUAIA CORRIDOR
THE ARAGUAIA CORRIDOR HAS THE SIZE TO TRULY MAKE A DIFFERENCE Find out everything you need to know. Explore how realizing the Araguaia Biodiversity Corridor will impact your life and our planet as a whole.
THE CORRIDOR Biodiversity corridors, or nature corridors, consist of strips of (reforested) land that connect isolated ‘islands’ of pristine and intact nature. The Araguaia Biodiversity Corridor in Central Brazil will become the longest of all nature corridors on earth and one of South America’s largest reforestation projects. Its scope is astonishing, with a total length of 2,600 kilometers and a width of up to 40 kilometers situated alongside the riverbanks of the entire Araguaia river and part of the Tocantins river. The Corridor connects two of the world’s most vital ecosystems: the Amazon rainforest and the Cerrado savanna.
REASONS TO HELP As for the Cerrado savanna, more than 80% of its original pristine habitat has already been deforested for agricultural purposes. The Corridor connects the remaining 20% of ‘natural habitat pockets’ with each other. It will save thousands of species and bring forth a massive reforestation project, converting agricultural land back to the original state of the Amazon rainforest and Cerrado savanna. Hundreds of millions of indigenous trees will be replanted which will have a positive and permanent effect on each of us and all future generations.
WE ALL HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE. Recovering the planet’s most precious ecosystems is vital for our future. Join our community and visit: www.black-jaguar.org
BJF HE ADQUARTER
Stichting Black Jaguar Foundation Hettenheuvelweg 26 1101 BN – Amsterdam email@example.com BJF BRA ZIL
Instituto Black Jaguar Avenida Paulista, 1159 01310-100 – São Paulo – SP firstname.lastname@example.org
This brochure is made of Forest Stewardship Council-certified paper.
BJF GERM ANY
c/o Drehmoment Film GmbH Adi-Maislinger Str. 7 81373 – Munich email@example.com