STRATEGIC PLAN 2020-2022
ABOUT THE PLANNING PROCESS
Upon completion of the merger of the Bismarck-Mandan Chamber of Commerce and Bismarck-Mandan Development Association (BMDA), leaders of the newly formed Bismarck Mandan Chamber EDC set out to quantify the value proposition of the new organization in the form of a strategic plan. In order do that, local consultant JM Strategies was engaged to gather feedback from Chamber EDC members, area leaders and even those who weren’t affiliated with the organization to determine what was important to the community. That feedback was compiled, reported back to the Chamber EDC and then addressed through the goals & objectives contained in the recently completed 2020 – 2022 Strategic Plan.
Advocating for business. Fostering economic growth. Shaping the future of our community.
SERVE AS AN ADVOCATE FOR BUSINESS
• Be an Information Source for Membership and Community through Communication and Education • Represent Members through Collaboration and an Effective Advocacy Strategy at the State & Local Level • Be an Active Voice for Business on Federal Policy
POSITION BISMARCK-MANDAN AS A DESTINATION FOR BUSINESS & TALENT
• Enhanced Business Development Efforts • Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development. • Expanded Talent Attraction & Workforce Development Efforts • Rural Area Focus
• Utilize the Strength of Membership to Guide Chamber EDC Priorities and Drive Engagement • Enhance Chamber EDC Education and Experience Opportunities for Future Leaders
RECRUIT & RETAIN CHAMBER EDC MEMBERS
• Communicate the Chamber EDC’s Value Proposition • Recruit & Retain Members • Provide Services & Programs Relevant to Our Members
• Organizational Efficiency • Strengthen the Chamber EDC’s Risk Profile • Be an Information Resource • Foster Greater Engagement
• Increase Engagement with New Audiences
1640 Burnt Boat Drive Bismarck, North Dakota 58503 701-223-5660 www.bismarckmandan.com