Asian Apicultural Association
The first general assembly of the Asian Apicultural Association will be held during the International Conference on The Asian Honey Bees and Bee Mites. AAA is one of the sponsors of this Conference, which will be held at Chulalongkorn University in Thailand, 10-14 February 1992.
The Conference will consist of 14 symposia whose titles are:
I. Biodiversity of honey bees in Asia
2. Biodiversity of bee mites
3. Bees monitor environment and as survey tools
4. Impact of Asian bees on environment (tropical forestry)
5. Varroatosis and other acarine diseases
6. Need for bees in crop production
7. Economics of bees in pollination of agriculture, horticulture and highland crops
8. Honey bees in conservation and wildlife
9. New technologies and mite resistance
10. New technologies and genetic manipulation of Asian bees
11. New crops and hybrids, the plant and the beekeeper
12. Advances in biology means of crop protection and impact on bees
13. Pesticide safety for honey bees
14. Apitherapy and natural bee produce
For further details: Bee Biology Research Unit, University Bangkok.
During the Conference an exhibition products, equipment and publications will be held in the Exhibition Centre, Chulalongkorn University.
For further details contact: BBRU, Department of Biology, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok.