Integrated Microwave Technologies and Vislink Join Forces XG TECHNOLOGY HAD ANNOUNCED that its Integrated Microwave Technologies (IMT) and Vislink businesses will be jointly showcasing an array of
• Vislink UltraLite – the world’s first end-to-end wireless 4K UHD live video solution.
products and solutions at NAB 2017 (booth C8008).
• IMT DragonFly – a highly-miniaturised wireless video transmission system.
xG Technology acquired Vislink with the goal of merging Vislink’s operations with
• IMT Nulinx-IP Compact – a self-contained, point-to-point bi-directional microwave link that supports current ATSC 1.0 and future ATSC 3.0 standards.
those of IMT. The addition of Vislink product lines to IMT brings together the a comprehensive range of wireless video capture, transmit and receive systems. George Schmitt, Executive Chairman and CEO of xG Technology, said, “Since completing the acquisition of Vislink we have begun to aggressively drive the integration of their operations. The joint appearance of IMT and Vislink at NAB 2017 underscores this commitment. The impressive synergies between their product lines allows them to offer a wider and richer set of capabilities than
• Vislink Newsnet – a new approach to ENG operations that brings studio workflows directly to the field. • Vislink ViewBack – a lightweight, low power, low latency, dual channel diversity receiver-decoder that enables quicker production, more efficient editing, and more effective collaboration between camera operators and studio teams.
enforcement, public safety and defence markets.”
• Vislink SatWare – a high-performance embedded computing and routing system designed to provide enhanced capability and simplified use of broadcast equipment in the field.
Among the key products IMT and Vislink will be presenting at NAB 2017 include:
Visit www.xgtechnology.com and https://imt-solutions.com
previously available to customers in broadcast and media, as well as in law
LYNX Technik Launches New greenMachine Apps LYNX TECHNIK AG has announced it has developed four new APPs for its greenMachine platform. The new APPs, as well as the new titan greenMachine hardware platform, will be showcased at NAB, booth SL10321. greenMachine takes a three-prong approach to product definition and function. Rather than a fixed, application specific box, greenMachine is a combination of general purpose hardware, software apps and control software. NAB 2017 sees the launch of four new apps including: • Color Matching – This image processing APP provides colour matching with gain and offset adjustments. It is suitable for adjusting the output to the monitor being used and resolving colour accuracy issues.
• SwitchOver – Two-channel changeover switch which can be automatically triggered when an input fails or manually triggered. It is suited to applications requiring an emergency switch for backup or clean switching between two video sources. • DolbyE Decoder – Enables the decoding of all eight audio channels contained in a Dolby E Stream to PCM audio. Two instances of this APP can be used per greenMachine simultaneously. • Teletext Viewer – Enables the remote monitoring of teletext content within a video stream. Visit www.lynx-technik-greenstore.com
Leader Reveals Latest LV5490 4K Waveform Monitor Enhancements LEADER INSTRUMENTS will be exhibiting at 2017 NAB. Centrepiece of the demonstration on booth C9021 will be recent additions to the LV5490 multiscreen waveform monitor. The Leader LV5490 offers 4K, UHD, 3G, HD and SD test and measurement features. Waveform, vector, five-bar and picture display can all be viewed simultaneously via a nine-inch LCD monitor. The monitor is 1920 x 1080 HD resolution with a wide viewing angle and high colour reproduction. A 1920 x 1080 HD DVI and HD-SDI rasterised output is also provided to feed larger monitors. The LV5490SER07 HDR option enables the LV5490 to measure both 4K and HD HDR in ITU.BT.2100 Hybrid Log Gamma, Dolby PQ or Sony SLOG-3
protocols. With version 3.2 software, the LV5490 incorporates five-bar display capabilities. Incoming SDI signals are converted into five cyan bargraphs providing simultaneous display of maximum and minimum luminance, red-, green-, blue-component, and composite levels. Version 3.2 software is now part of all newly delivered LV5490 instruments and is available as a free download to existing customers. Leader’s CINELITE II toolset also comes as a standard feature, allowing assessment of relative exposure and overall luminance. A focus assist option allows accurate on-set adjustment of camera focus to match the 4K format’s ability to handle very precise image detail. Visit www.leader.co.jp
Harmonic Showcases Vision-Driven OTT and Cloud Innovation HARMONIC WILL SHOWCASE its vision for the future of media processing
VIDEO COMPRESSION FOR CHANNEL SHARING AND ATSC 3.0
at NAB 2017. Harmonic’s software-based solutions empower operators to navigate ever-changing media environments. A key highlight will be Harmonic’s OTT and cloud-based solutions which enable operators to launch broadcast, live and on-demand OTT video quickly with quality at low cost, while improving operational orchestration, elasticity and agility.
North American broadcasters are facing disruption on two fronts: the spectrum repack and the transition to ATSC 3.0. Harmonic’s Electra X media encoding and ProStream X stream processing solutions address both challenges. At NAB, Harmonic will demonstrate how broadcasters can compress existing ATSC 1.0 channels with greater efficiency, as well as transition to ATSC 3.0 advanced services.
IMPROVING OTT QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE
Harmonic’s EyeQ video compression optimisation solution delivers superior video quality and bandwidth reduction of up to 50% for OTT distribution, dramatically improving quality-of-experience (QoE) for OTT services through the use of comprehensive analytics. As an optional enhancement for Harmonic’s software-based Harmonic PURE Compression Engine, the EyeQ solution enables a more consistent viewing experience with less buffering. Harmonic will also showcase new low-latency capabilities that allow OTT viewers to enjoy the same QoE as with traditional broadcast.
MOVING TOWARD AN ALL-IP BROADCAST WORKFLOW Harmonic is easing the transition to an all-IP infrastructure through its involvement in AIMS and a software-based approach to video production and delivery. Select AIMS members will join Harmonic in its booth to showcase a SMPTE ST 2022-6 workflow for IP playout and delivery, including live switching, graphics and effects, as well as broadcast and OTT encoding. Visit https://www.harmonicinc.com
Published on Apr 10, 2017
NABShow Preview Issue Cover Story: Oz Grand Prix – Under the Bonnet with Riedel NEWS - NINE's Podcast Move, New High for Free Catch-Up TV,...