ZU-NINGCHEN MONASH UNIVERSITY BACHELOR OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGN (HONS.)
B// 10.01.91 MELB, VIC , AU. P// |+61| 425 239 421 E// firstname.lastname@example.org L// ENGLISH |FIRST|, MANDARIN CHINESE |LEARNING|
CURRICULUMVITAE EDUCATION 2009 - PRESENT
SKILLS BACHELOR OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGN (HONORS) MONASH UNIVERSITY
FREEHAND SKETCHING CAD// ALIAS AUTOMOTIVE, MAYA, SOLIDWORKS RENDERING// AUTODESK SHOWCASE, MAYA, PHOTOWORKS360
DIGITAL SCULPTING (CO-OP) GM HOLDEN
HARDMODELLING// CLAY, FOAM, FIBERGLASS, 3D PRINTING
CADMODELLING Over the course of my higher education I have had the chance to mix my skills in design with the ability to visualise and objectify through the means of CAD Modelling. Programs such as Autodesk Maya, Solidworks, Autodesk Alias have equipped me with the capability to model objects that range from technical to organic.
360O MODEL VIEW - YOUTUBE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIYZY8DDkx8
CONTEXT - YOUTUBE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmih7TxOKwg
Ulysse Nardin is a luxury watch brand. This alias exercise was used in conjunction with my transport two unit (third year, semester2). The brief was to pick a brand that had no association to transportation and to create our own vision for them. The ďŹ nal context was an advertisement to accompany an alias model.
Solidworks is a program built on accuracy so what better object to model than an engine part like the turbocharger. This too was modelled as a university project in which we were required to ďŹ nd an object that required more than 5 parts to model. Although the exterior alone allowed me to ďŹ ll that quota, I decided to also model the internal components to give myself a better understanding of the internal workings of a turbocharger. Modelling all parts also allowed me to explore solidworks ability to assemble parts with accuracy and diďŹ€erent mate types to ensure all the internal components worked. The rendering of the turbocharger was done using Photoview360, the built in rendering program.
Tablesaw was one of a series of large scale powertools I was required to model for a group assignment. As a group we were to create this series and employ a global identity over our products. This identity was discussed as a group with a ďŹ nalized image used over the ďŹ ve large scale power tools. This identity included body shape, colour scheme for universal bodies across the range, universal control surfaces and corporate identity. Although the internal components were considered OEM with no personal modelling required, the universal parts that were carried over the series were modelled with minimal re-modelling required.
As a ďŹ nal presentation we were required to create a poster for the movie we created. The poster had the requirements of having our 3D CAD model and a picture depicting our character on it. All other design implementations were up to us. This included title, typography, colour scheme and design layout.
The digital painting of my character was completed in Sketchbook Pro. The layout and background were created in Adobe Photoshop with small highlights added as welll. Model reďŹ‚ections and lighting were setup in Solidworks Photoview360.
Autodesk Maya was the ﬁrst freeform and surface 3DModelling program I was taught in my life. As an assesment task in University, we were required to create a scene in which we see on a daily basis. The reason I chose my bathroom was that it gave me the ability to explore all aspects of Maya and use it to all its abilities. This included modelling in both NURBS and Polygons as well as exploring Maya’s ability to model in both geometic and organic forms. With the bathroom scene I was also able to investigate Maya’s abilities in surface rendering including playing around with scene lighting, surface reﬂections and mapping of details using UVs.
In my personal time away from university work I took it upon myself to learn Maya beyond just everyday products and moved to modelling one of my favourite cars, the Nissan 350z. Due to only having basic knowledge of Maya I was only able to complete the body work to my best abilities and from the images I found on the internet. This model was completed using simple polygon surfaces which I later converted to be smoothed twice to give the proper body work surfaces. Each part was modelled based on images found google images and my own interpretation. Like any CADjocky I found modelling half the car and mirroring it over to create the full model was a lot easier than doing each part individually. This also ensured my model was as accurate as possible.