SHI QIAN RIVER LANDSCAPE DESIGN PROJECT Strenghts
● The site can access by foot, cycle and road in central area, it also provides two main roads from north to the south. ● Attracting people to the area is strongly encouraged by local characters, such as building and culture. ● Complete local distribution of functional area by building devided into different usage.
● Existing access and traffic still need to developed by rational thinking ● The location of industries is located in upstream of riverside, which increases the difficult to creating new purification water system. ● Simple ecology habitat, lack of diverse ecological green infrastructure. ● Lack of recreational public space to local residents.
Shiqian Tongren Prefecture
● Large water body provides excellent access to the water for public recreation. ● Big part of routes around the site connect into the larger network of paths. ● History and precedent on the actual site are well known by local tourism development. ● In the future, with the achievement of highway from Shiqian to Jian River that enhance the connection with external area.
AIM & OBJECTIVES VISION
According from baseline data is that the Longchuan River represents as an important element for country sustainable development within the surrounding communities in Shiqian. However, there are many problems of the site for example, the existing river is polluted, the whole river corridor lack of ecologic green linkage; many spaces within the site is inaccessible. It is require strategic planning intervention to regenerate this area and make it to be a sustainable high quality area, especially improve the situation of existing river corridor.
- Reduce industry waste and pollution - Improve the provision of green spaces across the site - Improve aesthetic value of the site especially along the river site - Improve the site accessibility
● The tourism in Shiqian is still in the preliminary stage of development. ● Farmland occupy the biggest part of green space that limitied the development of green infrastructure. ● River is across the central town and farmland area within complex terrain to design.
- Create an existing green infrastructure for share resources and information. - Develop new river landscape as public recreation area. - Enhance the ecological diversity of existing river corridor
Using strategic planning to optimize ecological diversity performance and minimize the environmental impacts of the site. Enable the Longchuan River to sustainable development. In terms of current woodland anf farmland area, which is very important. It will also be an environment to connect with river green corridor. The traditional agricultural character will be reinforced by high quality development and vibrant greenspace.
Shiqian is located in the west of Tongren in northeast of Guizhou Province. The maximum spacing of country from east to west is 86.6 kilometers, 47.6 kilometers from north to south, and the total area is 2173 square kilometers. County situates in the Tangshan Town, which is about 300 km distant from Guiyang City, about 221 kilometers apart from Zunyi City, and 144 kilometers from Tongren City.
The city built along Longchuan River linear layout. There are a lot of ancient buildings in Old Town. These traditional architectures have decades or even centuries precipitate formation with rich varied or structure of detailed and complex forms. Due to well preserved that made these scale and pleasant cities mechanism, contains a wealth of historical and cultural resources. Shiqian as a historical and cultural city, any intricate rooflines and the combination of small-scale street patterns that could appropriately as the county's historical center landmarks.
CURRENT LAYERS Public Green Space
Circulation & Industrial Area
The original name of Longchuan River is Longdi river, which is a tributary of the Wu River, it is the largest river in Shiqian as well. The mainstream of Longchuan river flow through central of Shiqian within unique and beautiful scenery.
Green spaces strategies Public Recreation Are Stategies Circulation Strategies All the development of the green spaces in Shiqian aims to provide the multi-The circulation strategies are in order to improve accessibility, promote Expend the existing small part of public area, especially along the river. Strengthen the quality of the public realm to make contribution functional green spaces and make contribution to ecological development more routes to solving the key issue of traffic to greatly assist regeneration to add more publc space and provide the site more sustainable and under the sustainable development policy. These new planning strategy all of the whole site. work for create the high quality environment for humans and habitats. successful place that people can participate in. Enhanced the connection of regional green network linking the ● ● Strengthen existing functional public areas and improve the ● Remain the important transport networks through the site . parts which need remake and reinvent to enhance the regeneration riverscape ,farmland and woodlands area. ● Improve the accessibility of Longchan riverside which provide ● Protect woodland to achieve high landscape standard and create better linkages encourage the new uses for residents. benefits. the interactive landscape of existing environment. Re-naturalise green space around the river corridor to improve ● ● Redevelop the riverside area to make the site with more ● Continuous riverside walk which improved accessibility and habitats and provide water system, which make water purification. distinctive and prominent characteristic. visibility of the waterside connect the site to a wider traffic network. ● Make the green connections along the riverside. Improve quality of green spaces and green links along circulation ● ● Create a regional leisure attraction along the river corridor ● Improved access connectivity west-east linking communities routes and gateways to encourage site use. which has more important potential value. with new road. ● Reconsider the relationship between farmland and river corridor. ● Plan a multi-functional green network to respond and improve the character of site, then enhance the quality of green space for humans and wildlife.
One side of the part river lack of a green river corridor, and the exsiting public green space is very simple and nonfunctional.
CASE STUDY Single Ecosystem Structure
- This is part of upstream of river, but the river only isolated with farmland without green corridor alone the river. - Due to existing industries and residential area near the river, part of exposed riverbed has been polluted.
NAME: ZHU HE
REGISTRATION No: 110209676
PLANNING & DESIGN VISIONS FOR THREE PARTS
Wusong Riverfront: Landscape Infrastructure Pilot Project Guided by a regional riverfront restoration vision, a water treatment pilot project is being implemented upon reclaimed post-industrial borrow pits and a degraded water network. Monitoring and in-field adjustments to the design and implementation will inform the future phases of work. The project will serve as a model for landscape infrastructure supporting wild-life habitat, public education, and economic growth along the Wusong River corridor. LOCATION - Kunshan City, Jiangsu Province, China TYPE OF SCHEME - Water System SIZE - The 95-hectare (235-acre) first phase OUTLINE BRIEF - The pilot project is sited upstream of future development parcels, and intakes both river water and municipal stormwater outfalls. The system mimics a wide variety of natural processes and acts as the “kidney” for the river, cleaning sludge and industrial effluents discharged into the river upstream, extending the benefits of the park downstream to a larger region. A sequence of pools and channels remove targeted pollutants through settling, filtration, aeration, and bio-processing in alternating oxic and anoxic environments. Retrofitting Purification Sequence To Site Making Water Treatment Process A Public Education