How To Stop Overthinking And Find Peace digitalbloggers.com /business/how-to-stop-overthinking-and-find-peace Dec 01, 2016 16 views Written by Sergei VanBellinghen
Author Sergei VanBellinghen
Articles written: 77 Joined: 23 September 2016 Niche: Business Internet and Businesses Online Self Improvement
Over the course of your existence, you every so often find that your worries, choices, regrets, doubts or guilt are in the way, making you overthink many aspects of your life. Thinking is good but overthinking can cause harm if it is trapped inside your head.
As soon as you overthink, you find yourself in a harmful and detrimental stage. It comes to be problematic as your stress raises up and your decisions become filled with confusion. Usually, the best thing to do when you are overthinking is to act on it. By this I mean to begin taking action with a step forward over this overthought. Let us suppose that you want to build your own business, but right now you are in the impossibility to create it. It would make no sense for you to think about it over and over, as it would drive you out of your mind. You can, however, begin to create a plan. You could also make a list of what you should do. You could begin by exploring the industry you’re getting into, take some additional business courses, and read about your trade from successful people before you. You could build a financial plan with the end goal. Whatever it is you want to do, you have to make a move forward to stop overthinking. Here are 11 humble concepts to stop from overthinking and finally find some peace.
1. Take action. Taking action does generally wonders. By turning any annoying thoughts about what is forthcoming in doing something, it brings you into a ‘clear mind’ mode.
2. Think of what can go right. Often times, it is easy to become paralyzed by negative thoughts. Overthinking is created by a couple feelings: fear and doubt. But when you envision and focus your attention on all the positive things that might or can go right, it becomes easier.
3. Create a time limit. Create a time limit. Take 5 minutes tops to think and analyze yourself with the help of a timer. Once time is out, take a pen and paper, and for 10 minutes write all your worries, anxieties and doubts down. Don’t be shy. When time is up, destroy or burn the paper and move on to something else.
4. Be aware. Every time you seem to doubt, to stress or to be anxious, stop and take a look at the circumstances and your responses. You have to learn to be aware of it as it is the exact place to make the changes for you to find peace and not overthink as much anymore.
5. Overcome fear. It is not because things did not work out in the past that they won’t this time around. You may have failed in the past, but know that even the greatest failed before succeeding. Do not be afraid to try, just remember that every opportunity is a new place to start again.
6. Turn off over-analysis. Get away from matters enough that bring up over-analysis. A great way to do this is to entertain yourself with joyful and healthy options like meditation, exercise, reading or listening to self-improvement books, playing an instrument, or creating art can be helpful.
7. No need for perfection. Most of us are waiting for perfection. Striving is wonderful but aiming for perfection is impractical and devastating. As
soon as you begin to think that it needs to be perfect, it is the instant you have to remind yourself that need for perfection is never as clever as moving ahead.
8. Stop overthinking. When you see yourself overthinking over small matters, question yourself to see if it will matter tomorrow, next week, next month or next year. Do not make things bigger and more negative than they appear to be.
9. Do not worry about the future. You cannot foretell the future; no one can. Worrying about the future is basically not productive at all. By filling your present with the future, you are blocking any time that gives you joy from happening now.
10. Accept your efforts. When you make your best in any struggle or work, accept your efforts and realize that you did all you could do, because success depends sometime on things you cannot control. The overthought of fear and doubt is based solely on you thinking that you are not smart enough, not dedicated enough or not good enough.
11. Be appreciative. Each morning when getting up and each evening as you lay to bed, go through your list of gratitude and be appreciative of all that you have in your life, the things around you and what you have done to move forward. Remember, it is absolutely impossible to have a sad and a grateful thought at the same instant. As you can see, if you have a method to deal with and to stop overthinking, you are able to get rid of undesirable, anxious, worrying thoughts and turn it all into effective and productive times. And know that overthinking is something that happens to each of us. Learn more >>> Join Me Now
Sergei VanBellinghen, Founder & CEO of First-Class Lifestyle and sergeivanbellinghen.com, Success & Self-Improvement Coach, Freedom entrepreneur & business partner of Stuart Ross, also counselor in East Europe-West relationships, a passionate Globetrotter and an avid audio booker
Published on Dec 1, 2016
Over the course of your existence, you every so often find that your worries, choices, regrets, doubts or guilt are in the way, making you o...