YACO N S YRUP Item No. 4570
Yacon Syrup is an alternative sweetener made from the yacon root (Smallanthus sonchifolius). Its low glycemic index makes it a perfect substitute in recipes calling for refined sugars or artificial sweeteners. H O W T O U S E : Use like honey in beverages, cereal, cooking, baking,
and other recipes. Use 3/4 cup in place of 1 cup sugar. You may also need to reduce the amount of liquid, as you would with honey.
WHOLE-GRAIN WOLFBERRY MUFFINS Muffin Batter:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Fill a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
cup (35 g) Organic Dried NingXia Wolfberries
4 cups Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Flour
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2½ tsp. baking powder
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs in a stand mixer or with a whisk until smooth. Add the brown sugar and beat on medium-low for 1 minute, then on high for 4 minutes, until the mixture forms thick ribbons.
½ tsp. baking soda
4. In a medium bowl, stir together the buttermilk, butter, oil, and Blue Agave.
½ tsp. fine sea salt
5. Fold the flour mixture into the eggs, using a circular motion to completely incorporate it into the batter. Gently stir the buttermilk mixture into the batter, being sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl as you go. Fold in the Organic Dried NingXia Wolfberries. Spoon the batter evenly into the cups, filling to the rim.
½ cup dark brown sugar ½ cup buttermilk
2 Tbsp. Blue Agave
6. Place the muffins in the oven and lower the temperature to 375°F. Bake for 25 minutes, rotating the muffin pan halfway through the cooking time, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the muffins. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then lift the muffins out and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes more before glazing.
¾ cup powdered sugar
In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and Blue Agave, then stir in water until the mixture is creamy. Using the back of a spoon, spread a teaspoon of glaze on each muffin.
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted ¼ cup extra-virgin olive or coconut oil
2 Tbsp. Blue Agave 2 Tbsp. water
Published on Jan 28, 2016
The 2016 Product Guide is an A-Z reference for all Young Living products. With prices, informative features, how-to-use tips, and detailed d...