HRM 326 Final Exam Guide (New, 2019) 100% Correct
For more course tutorials visit www.newtonhelp.com
True/False 1. Threats to validity are a reality in training, thus an evaluation must be externally valid before it can be internally valid. 2. Sexual harassment is an unwelcome advance of a sexual nature and can take one of two forms: either hostile environment or quid pro quo. 3. The overarching guidelines that need to be followed to facilitate the learning of the material and its transfer to the job are defined in the design phase of training. 4. Coaching & mentoring are different in that meetings between a mentor and the employee are generally more long term, structured and regular than in coaching. 5. When looking at a training methodsâ€™ effectiveness in meeting KSA objectives, the BehaviorModeling is more effective in influencing skills than strategic knowledge. 6. Blended training is where several different learning concepts or subjects are combined into one method of learning for a training session or program. 7. When the EOP is greater than the AOP it can be considered a triggering event.
8. The cognitive approach tends to be more passive and instructordriven in nature where the behaviorist approach to learning is more student-driven & active. 9. For non-managers the primary goal of Job rotation is the process of preparing employees at a lower level to replace someone at the next level. 10. Environmental uncertainty is determined by two factors: stability and complexity. Multiple Choice â€“ Use the highlighter function to select the entire row of your answer. 1) ________ provide a flexible way of meeting changing and diverse training needs with professionally developed and administered programs. a) Succession Planning. b) Outsourcing strategies. c) Internal Provider strategies. d) Vertical deliverance strategies. 2) Typically, the type of knowledge examined in the TNA is __________ knowledge: a) Procedural, b) Self-efficacy, c) Strategic, d) Declarative. 3) The expectancy theory proposes that a personâ€™s motivation contains three different elements: a) Importance modeling, Frequency Modeling and Difficulty modeling. b) Organizational analysis, Person (Team) analysis, and Task analysis. c) Success expected, outcomes expected, and valance.
Communicating, collaboration and comprehension
4) Nontraining needs include those that show no gap in required KSAs, thus training is not the best solution; which of the below would fall into that category: a) Performance consequence incongruence. b) Inadequate or inappropriate feedback. c) Barriers to performance in the system. d) All of the above. 5) For coaching to be effective, a needs assessment related to the subordinates job should be conducted, and a coach displaying a _____________ selected: a) Theory X orientation b) Theory Y orientation c) Theory Z orientation d) A blend of both a & b above 6) A form of training instruction that provides practice to a level of over- learning a task is: a) Compilation b) Management- Skills Training c) Automaticity d) Knowledge capture 7) be:
The purpose of behaviormodeling as a training method would a) To increase participantâ€™s observational and critiquing skills. b) To enhance the likelihood of transfer to the job. c) To experience what it feels like to be in a particular situation. d) To provide a systematic process for teaching a new employee how to perform a job.
8) An organizations human resource information system is not particularly useful in: a) Allowing access to employees work and training history. b) Maintaining compensation records and assessment evaluations c) Succession Planning d) Automated updating of employee interpersonal relationships 9) Physical and emotional state, along with prior experience, behavioral models, and others feedback, are all a part of: a) Self-efficacy. b) Andragogy. c) Pedagogy. d) Self-esteem. 10) Which of the following statements regarding OJT trainers is true? a) OJT trainers should use a structured approach in training. b) OJT trainers can be anyone who understands the job and its tasks. c) Because OJT very informal, it is not really useful for new hires who need classroom training. d) OJT trainers need to have the same work experience as the trainees to be credible.
11) There are several theories related to the effective design of training, which of the below would not be? a) Component Display Theory b) The Elaboration Theory c) Budgeting Theory d) Social Learning Theory e) GagnĂŠâ€“Briggs Theory
12) ________are employees who, with their families, are sent to a foreign country to work. As a result they need ______ training. a) Expatriates / cross-cultural b) Host Country Nationals / Language c) Parent-country nationals / coordination training d) Patriates / Customs-cultural. 13) In an ITS where artificial intelligence is used as a training method, which of the following is not a function of a training session manager? a) Interpreting trainee actions. b) Determining the order and level of difficulty of problems presented to the trainee. c) Responding either with more information, coaching, or tutoring. d) Reporting results, determining how and when to remediate the trainee. 14) Three situations are identified as key times for training, which one of the below does not: a) When the OD process is started, training is needed to provide education about the change process and to provide the necessary KSAs. b) After the process has been in place for a while, some retraining or upgrading of KSAs is required to sustain the process. c) As new employees enter the organization, they need an understanding of the process and KSAs. d) Most organizations provide initial training, and they conduct follow-up training or modify their new-employee training to include the new process. 15) In the Transfer of Training process, which of the following transfers would not apply. a) Positive b) Neutral
16) Training must be evaluated and the four levels of outcome evaluation are a) Routine, competency, automaticity, & consolidation b) Design, explanation, evaluation, & documentation c) Reaction, learning, behavior& results d) Communication, consolidation, compilation, & completion 17) ____ would not be considered an advantage to an organizations effective use of a diverse workforce. a) The use of KSAâ€™s b) Recruiting expense c) Access to more markets d) Creative problem solving e) Larger applicant pool 18) ___ would not be a component of ET. a) CBT b) OJT c) PI d) ITS 19) In an attempt to overcome some deficiencies of university-based education, the growth of corporate universities is on the rise; which of the following is not supportive of that concept? a) Courses not cost effective because of the organizations size. b) A greater ability to train managers to the corporations specific needs. c) Managers can obtain job-specific knowledge and skills. d) Insured quality instruction.
20) The difference between a cost/benefit evaluation and a costeffectiveness evaluation is that a cost /benefit evaluation: a) Compares the monetary cost of training with the financial benefits from training. b) Is a calculation of the actual cost savings, based on the change in results. c) Compares the monetary cost of training with the nonmonetary benefits. d) Is an examination of value of overall improvement in the performance of the trained staff.
HRM 326 Best Education / newtonhelp.com