The Abundant Life Wellness Plan The Tree of Life
The Living Word compares our lives as trees bearing much fruit unto the glory of our Creator and divine Provider. Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:5-10 Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in His law does he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he does shall prosper. Psalm 1:1-3 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Matthew 7:16-20
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. John 15:1-8
A Matter of fact - Most trees produce fruit of some kind God created them that way: “And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose SEED is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good” Genesis 1:11-12 Spiritually, it is no different. God admonishes us to produce fruit that nourishes. Jesus Christ told His disciples, “You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that you should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain…” John 15:16 God’s ultimate purpose for us is to build godly character to the point that we are ready to be actively involved inside the Body of Christ on earth. The evidence that we are on the right path is that we are growing and producing good fruit! Therefore, we have to be firmly rooted to be part of God’s first harvest of saints who will help others bear fruit in His kingdom.
1. The SEED we receive in life – Incorruptible or corrupted seed 1. The Incorruptible SEED of Christ Jesus is PLANTED in our hearts at salvation 2. Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible SEED, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:23 3. Christ inside us, the HOPE of glory – Colossians 1:27 4. We are married unto another, even Him who arose from the dead – Romans 7:4 5. For if ye live after the flesh [corruptible seed of sin and selfishness], ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:13-15
2. The ROOTS of our lives must be anchored in the TRUTH and fed in the Spirit 1. Seek FIRST the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33 2. The first principles of the doctrines of Christ is the roots that anchor us in the Truth - Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, Let us go on unto perfection; Not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and Faith toward God, The doctrine of baptisms, and Laying on of hands, and of The resurrection of the dead, and of Eternal judgment This will we do, if God permit. Hebrew 6:1-3 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
The teachings of Christ as recorded in the four Gospels The Apostles doctrines as recorded in the New Testament The Faith once delivered unto the saints and recorded in the New Testament Nourished in the words of faith and sound doctrine. 1Timothy 4:6 Rooted and grounded in love. Ephesians 3:17-19 Rooted and built up in Christ. Colossians 2:7
3. The TREE of our lives must grow from the source of TRUTH 1. We must possess a clear Vision of the Love of God and have a daily desire to become Christlike 2. Know and fulfil our eternal Purpose and thus OBEY the will of God inside the Body of Christ 3. A fully surrendered life to the Word of God 4. Matthew 22:37-39. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 5. A Renewed mind through the washing of the word per Romans 12 inside the Body of Christ 6. Live in childlike obedience to the four spiritual disciplines inside the Body of Christ per Acts 2:42 7. Active in Word study, meditation and prayers in my closet 8. Repentance from my sin and iniquities – Matthews 9:13 9. Obedience to the baptism in water - Matthew 3:15 10. His incorruptible Seed inside me will transform me to DO the Good, Acceptable and Perfect Will of God – Romans 12 11. By His faith I WILL receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit - Acts 1:8 12. Living in obedience to the weekly participate in the Breaking of Bread with cobelievers inside the Body of Christ as per 1 Corinthians 11:23-33 13. Through the Spirit of Christ inside me, I grow in the measure of Faith that Christ gave me at my salvation – Ephesians 2:5-8 14. Baptised in the Holy Spirit and living a consecrated life unto Christ – Acts 1:8
15. Praying in the Holy Spirit. Jude 1:20 16. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His SEED remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1 John 3:9 17. To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory! Colossians 1:27 18. Continuously grow in the Gift ministry I received from the ascended Christ Jesus; i.e. apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ! Ephesians 4:11-13 19. Remain united with my brethren inside the Body of Christ – 1 Corinthians 12 20. Living by the Faith of Christ inside me - Galatians 2:16-20 21. Gladly submit to the oversight inside His Body as per Hebrews 13:7-17 22. Remain faithful in SERVING the sheep – John 21:14-21 23. Being faithful to nurture, nourish and cherish my WIFE and my family, which is the FIRST ministry of every saved brother – Ephesians 5:20-30
4. Pruning of the tree and the branches [My life and actions] 1. Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest (bear fruit) in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you. 2 Corinthians 4:10-12 2. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. John 15:2-3 3. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently. 1 Peter 1:22 4. Pruning and purging remove all the dead matter in our lives and ensures better growth to produce sweeter fruits.
5. The Fruit in our lives must bring glory to the Creator and our Provider The indwelling Spirit of Christ will MANIFEST the following FRUITS in our saved lives: 1. A healthy fruit tree, vegetable plant, or grapevine would not produce thistles or thorns - Matthew 7:16-19 2. Manifest the nine fruit of the Spirit of Christ per Galatians 5:22-23 Love: This is an on-going concern and care for others, and is only made possible by the keeping of God’s commandments. I John 5:2-3 Joy: This means “gladness.” It comes from serving others—not personal gratification. Peace: A state of calmness and tranquillity of mind, the key to having this is found in Psalm 119:165, which states that loving God’s Law gives peace.
Longsuffering: Something so rare in this world, this characteristic is the ability to endure adversity for extended periods and take it patiently, knowing that it builds character - James. 5:11 Gentleness: This fruit is akin to “graciousness” as Paul instructed the ministry to be in2 Timothy 2:24. It involves taking extra measures to assist those in need. Goodness: At this present time, only God is “good” (Matthew 19:17). This fruit is better translated generosity. True Christians should strive to become like Him in this way – Matthew 5:48 Faith: One of the most used words in so-called “Christianity” today and yet one of the least understood, genuine FAITH is believing all that God says in His Word and then acting on it. His FAITH in us is the ultimate “saving faith” Ephesians 2:8 Meekness: This is not weakness. Rather, it is a realistic view of the self Romans 12:13 Temperance: Self-control is the exact opposite of this world, which is “out of control” on all fronts. We grow in this fruit of the Spirit by seeking the things of the soon-coming kingdom of God - Colossians 3:2 3. Through the Spirit of Christ inside me, I manifest His charity, compassion and care to ALL souls – Colossians 1:27 and 2 Corinthians 4:10-11 4. By Christ dwelling in me I am humble, meek and serve others with gladness and Joy! Matthew 18:4 5. Through the baptism of the Holy Spirit we manifest and serve souls with the nine Gifts of the Holy Spirit - 1Corinthians 12 and 1 Corinthians 14 6. There flows a fountain of Living waters from my life - John 4:14 7. We manifest fruits of Great faith, Victory over sin, Power, Strength, Divine Wisdom – 2 Timothy 1:7-9 8. We audibly Manifest the Gift ministry of the Ascended Christ in my life by preaching and teaching the oracles of God to souls - Ephesians 4:11-13 9. Submission one to another and a servant heart 10. Manifest a divine love for the brethren. Psalm 133 11. Care for the sheep and a genuine concern for lost souls. John 21:14-25 12. By Him in me I walk in His Way and obey His Word – 2 Corinthians 5:16-21 13. I spiritually and practically manifest His ministry in my life – Luke 4:18-19 14. I become as Christ Jesus - That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the Word of Life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. Philippians 2:15-16
6. WATER is required to nourished the tree and daily OXYGEN to grow the FRUIT 1. Water is the Source of life, Growth and Fruits 2. John 4:10. Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
3. John 7:38. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 4. Jesus is the SOURCE of life giving WATER! 5. No water – No Seed! 6. No water – No Growth! 7. No water – No Fruits! 8. No water – No Life!
7. Sun LIGHT is required to ripen the FRUIT 1. Light is the energy of Life, Growth and Fruits 2. John 8:12. Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 3. John 9:5. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. 4. Jesus is the SOURCE of Light! 5. No Light – No Seed! 6. No Light – No Growth! 7. No Light – No Fruits! 8. No Light – No Life!
We are created by God to produce the GOOD fruit of Christ’s Spirit indwelling us: God created them that way: “And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose SEED is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good” Genesis 1:11-12 Spiritually, it is no different. God admonishes us to produce fruit that nourishes. Jesus Christ told His disciples, “You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that you should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain” John 15:16 These “fruits” or “works” define the way of life that will be taught and practiced for all eternity. God’s ultimate purpose for us is to build godly character to the point that we are ready to be actively involved inside the Body of Christ on earth. The evidence that we are on the right path is that we are growing and producing good fruit! Therefore, we have to be firmly rooted to be part of God’s first harvest of saints who will help others bear fruit in His kingdom.
Christians need to grow to become Mature Ministering Members and
Messengers on Mission for the Master in the Marketplace and in the Messiah’s Body!
M8 - Christians for Jesus our Lord and Saviour!
The Life of Christ will Manifest in our Members as His Measure in me is Matured into Ministry of the Messiah and Multiplied into living Manna for Multitudes of Men and women in the Marketplace and in the Messiah’s Body – His Church! The M12 Lifestyle for Christ Jesus!
A Consecrated Comprehending Christian Conveyor, Conduit, Channel and Compeller of
Christ’s Charity, Compassion and Care to many Crushed souls – C12 Christian for Christ Jesus – Amen
Christ Mission International The Living Word to the world! www.truthmin.co.za www.abundantlifemanual.co.za