Exercise 4 Write C if the italicized word is used correctly. Write I if the word is used incorrectly. 1.
Knights in armor and their squires were common sites in medieval times.
Our new boss hasn’t made any changes to the company. He has very radical ideas.
I don’t want to impose on my father to help me with my homework. He’s very busy.
He refuted me because I didn’t wash the plates after dinner.
In capitalism, people can own just about any product or object they want.
Exerci se 5 Write a word that is similar in meaning to the underlined part. 1. Our hotel was situated on a piece of land that was surrounded by the sea on three sides.
2. Doctors say the exercise can reduce the chances of getting ill.
3. Children’s reliance on their parents decreases as they get older.
4. There are a number of disadvantages to taking up this new technology.
5. A large amount of students from my school want to go to university.
6. I need to buy some new parts for my computer to make it work properly.
7. I’m sorry to interrupt and intrude on you, but I need some help with my car.
8. The newspaper editor disproved the claim that the stories in the paper were untrue.
9. The show at the theater was very impressive.
10. The kind and generous women gave lots of money to help the poor.
Published on May 18, 2015
4000 Essential English Words is a six-book series that is designed to focus on practical high-frequency words to enhance the vocabulary of l...