Readi ng Compr ehens i on PART © Mark each statement T for true or F for false. Rewrite the false statements to make them true. 1.
Archeological evidence shows there were prehistoric parachutes in China.
Archeology experts cite an old Chinese book that describes a parachute that corresponds with modern parachutes.
Sebastian brainstormed with scientists to invent a device that would allow people to jump from buildings safely.
On Sebastian’s first jump, he used a large blanket to restrict his speed as he traveled to the ground.
Jean-Pierre was a hot air balloon addict.
Answer the questions.
1. Why did Sebastian use umbrellas on his first jump?
2. What did Sebastian think that a parachute would do?
3. Where did Sebastian jump with the parachute he refined and knitted?
4. How was Jean-Pierre’s outlook different from Sebastian?
5. Why did Jean-Pierre jump from his hot air balloon?
Published on May 18, 2015
4000 Essential English Words is a six-book series that is designed to focus on practical high-frequency words to enhance the vocabulary of l...