BOND USCBusinessSchoolinDowntownLA Project type: Academic & Individual Work Location: Los Angeles, California, USA Instructor: Aaron Neubert 2/2018-5/2018,USCSchoolofArchitecture,Arch_605B The project is a school located in downtown Los Angeles, which belong to USC Business School. In my point of view, It is essential to meet the needs of the school while also bring the school space to the city. To achieve the purpose, the school should not only meets the teaching needs but also provides services to other people in the city. People in this building can share idea and cooperate; which will also benefit the student and teacher.
Four groups of people: students, teacher, entrepreneurs, citizens, by analyzing basic needs, I establish four types of containers (stable space) and provide several open spaces ( unstable space) for communication and cooperation between the four groups, which can hold temporary events.
2. PLAN In the left part, there are a lecture hall, a study room, and reading room, which mainly serve for students; the right part contains offices, conference room, and studio space. The stairs in the middle connects the left and right parts when people walk on it; they can communicate and look through other rooms.
An open space with seating area, meditation area, and multimedia area. There is also a large platform for temporary events. The open terrace on the right can hold lectures and performances for schools and citizens.
The left side is an open space for entrepreneurs, the lower level is the exhibition and learning area of â&#x20AC;&#x2039;â&#x20AC;&#x2039;entrepreneurship projects, the right side is the community activities of residents, and the multi-level platform in the middle is a temporary exhibition place, which plays a role of learning and communication.
This floor is mainly for everyone in the building and the city, which serves as a city living room, including reception, cafe, delivery service, and storage.
STUD FOAM INSULATION LAYER BULK INSULATION LAYER
10MM DRAINED AIR GAP STONE TYPE ST - 1
SMALL GAP FILLED WITH ACOUSTIC SEALANT
GLASS DRAPERY AND HEAD TRACK TYPE PERFORATED ALUMINUM BOARD SUSPENSION ROD
PLATFORM FLOOR TREATMENT BATT INSULATION METAL DECK WIRE HANGER CEILING TILE ALUMINUM TEE BAR
SELF PROJECTION Civic Center in Ryde Project type: Academic & Individual Work Location: Ryde, New South Wales, Australia Instructor: Yaohua Wang 9/2018-12/2018, USC School of Architecture,Arch_705A The project is the civic center in Ryde, Australia.The design begins with an analysisofanartistâ&#x20AC;&#x2122;swork.Byextractingtheelementsoftheworkitselfand geometric logic, the study was transferred from 2D to 3D. Also, Â by experimentingdifferentmethodofcombiningformandfunctions,thisformstudy turns into architecture in the end.
4. EXPLODED VIEW
1. Public foyer 2. Reception 3. Performance space 4. Meeting room for community 5.Public chamber 6. Wework office 7. Escalator space 8. Community theater 9. Office with meeting rooms 10. Private meeting 11. Meditation room 12. Mayorâ&#x20AC;&#x2122;s suite 13. Private meeting 14. Market and food court 15. Utility, storage and kitchen spaces 16. Cafe for community and citizens 17. Creative studio and exhibition spaces 18. Public plaza
STILL LIFE Parking Structure Transformation in USC Campus Project type: Academic & Individual Work Location: Los Angeles, California, USA Instructor: Andy Ku 8/2017-12/2017, USC School of Architecture,Arch_605A
By inserting 5 units, USC purpose to provide the leasing area for different student groups, the 4 minor units are the main activity space for students, and students can reform the space base on their needs, the units
also have the engagement on visibility and accessibility, which primarily enhance the collaboration between the groups. Besides, the main units provide exhibition space and lecture hall for the groups and school events.
1. SITE ANALYSIS
walking 5 min
walking 5 min
walking 5 min
2. PROCESS DIAGRAM
3. UNITS DIAGRAM
4. UNITS EXPLOSION
5. SYSTEM DIAGRAM
SERVICE SYSTEM ( HAVC/ EGRESS/ UTILITY)
CIRCULATION SYSTEM ( PEDESTRAIN/ CAR TRAFFIC)
7. SECTION & ELEVATION
INNER CITY Multifunctional Residential Complex Project type: Academic & Individual Work Location: Dalian, Liaoning, China Instructor: Xiaodi Liu 10/2013-12/2013, Dalian University of Technology
1. SYSTEM DIAGRAM
2. VERTICAL-COURTYARD Inspire by Chinese traditional courtyard house; I design a three-dimensional courtyard for ten people to live. The transformation from the two-dimensional space to vertical courtyard can improve peopleâ&#x20AC;&#x2122;s living privacy requirements. Moreover, the integration of the vertical communication space can also enhance the relationship between people.
OTHER WORK 1. MOVABLE INSTALLATION Hotdog Shelter in Los Angeles Movable Installation provides a new idea for food cart, by adding a flipped wall, The shelter not only provides a storage area but also provides customers with space for rest and communication.
Movable Installation provides a new idea for food cart, by adding a flipped wall, The shelter not only provides a storage area but also offers customers space for rest and communication.
2. DONG GUAN HISTORICAL BLOCK RENNOVATION As the great status of the Dong Guan Block in dalian,The revival of Dongguan Street is a very important and very complicated. Chinaâ&#x20AC;&#x2122;s current historical blocks transformation design are often improved only in appearance, or demolition and reconstruction, but the cause of the problem is not indepth study.
In this design, we start with the solution of social problems, and put forward a more comprehensive design method, in general, solving the problem should be a process rather than the results.
3. CHAPEL OF LIGHT Chapel of Light offers four different of the type of light experience for user in the USC campus, by analysis the feature of light( direct light, reflect light, refract light), and the engagement between the light and material, which creates a colorful visual experience.
4. TRANSPARENCY & TRANSLUCENCY Building Skin in USC Campus
Based on the study of the typology of brick, the Transparency & Translucency transfer the form of solid brick to the form of transparent skin, which creates an absurd contradiction of material characters. The skin consists of three type of units with a different opening. Besides, the arrangement of the units is determined by the requirements of the daylighting and ventilation in the parking lot.
5. FURNITURE DESIGN
To explore more on the relationship between human and design, I also designed a chair and a table. The steel serves as the structure while the wood panels serve as the surface that has direct contact with human. The chair seat surface is 16 inch high while the table surface is 18 inch high, and they are quite friendly to have a cup of coffee.
6. PARAMETRIC DESIGN
7. INTERACTIVE INSTALLATION Photoreceptive Grid
INTERNSHIP WORK 1. Baoneng Office Tower Responsibilities: Rendering / Site plan / Plan / Diagram
2. Ninth & Howell Hotel Responsibilities: Plans / Revit Modelling / Rendering
NAME: XINGHANG WANG TEL: 714-234-8931 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org [EDUCATION] University of Southern California (USC), Master of Architecture | 09/2016 - 05/2019
Los Angeles, United States
Dalian University of Technology (DUT), Bachelor of Science, Major: Urban Planning | 09/2011 - 07/2016
[PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE] MZA Architecture, Seattle, USA, Architecture Intern | 05/2018-08/2018 - Shenzhen Yayuan Hospital [SD]: Diagram / Programming / Presentation Preparation - Mingâ&#x20AC;&#x2122;s Dwelling [SD+DD]: Revit Massing / Revit Digital Modeling / Programming / Detailing / Code Checking - Seattle Hyatt Hotel [DD]: Detailing / Presentation Preparation / 3D Modeling / Documentation - Zhengzhou Baoneng Office Tower[DD]: Site plan / Plan / Elevations / Section / Digrams Drawing / 3D Modeliing
Dalian Urban Development Design, Dalian, China, Architecture Intern | 05/2015-08/2015
[ACADEMIC AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIP] Architectural Guild Design Charrette 3rd Prize | 04/2018 - Shopping Mall Adaptive Reuse
USC Annual School of Architecture Scholarship | 09/2017 USC Charette Design Competition 1st Prize | 09/2016 - Acoustic Installation Design
USC Annual School of Architecture Scholarship | 09/2016
[RESEARCH] Research on Olympic Village Urban Design | 02/2019 A Study on the Distribution and Morphology of Coastal Open Space in Dalian | 01/2014-12/2014
[PUBLICATIONS] The Research on Accessibility for Transportation Planning in Dalian International Finance Conference Center Square based on Public Survey and Analysis | 08/2015 [J]. Architecture and Culture, 2015 (8): 134-135 (ISSN1672-4909, NO. 137) Xinghang Wang, Fei Chen, Pingping Yu, Huan Liu
Analysis of Urban Landscape Space Planning and Design Method in Dalian Water-front District | 05/2015 [J]. City Building, 2015 (13): (ISSN: 1673-0232, 2015M1115) Pingping Yu, Xinghang Wang, Huan Liu
[SKILLS] 3D: Rhino (Advanced) Revit (Advanced) SketchUp (Advanced) Maya (Intermediate) Dynamo (Intermediate) Grasshopper (Intermediate) 3D MAX (Elementary) 2D: Photoshop (Advanced) Illustrator (Advanced) Indesign (Advanced) AutoCAD (Advanced) Lightroom (Intermediate) Rendering: Vray (Advanced) Keyshot (Intermediate)