7 Time Savers for Service Retailers
If you’re a retailer with a service offering, there might be nothing more valuable than your time. So whether you run a salon, gym, or dry cleaning business – If you feel like there just aren’t enough hours in the day, read on. Here’s seven time saving tips so you can spend more of your valuable time with customers and grow your business.
1. Track it The best way to know where you need to save the most time is by taking a brutally honest look at how you spend it. A few minutes checking email here, a few more looking up at the ceiling there – before you know it, precious hours have gone by. A simple notebook or free time tracking app can help you get a real handle on your time management before the day gets away from you.
2. Let go As a business owner or manager, there are areas of your work you’re very proud of and probably can’t imaging handing off to someone else. But one of the most important aspects of leadership is delegating tasks to others. Not only will it free up your time to focus on the bigger picture, but it will give team members you see potential in the chance to develop and grow.
3. Outsource the non-essentials Look hard at the areas of your business you struggle with or that take up more time than they should. If there isn’t a dedicated person on staff to handle them, outsource it. With Xendoo’s bookkeeping services, you can spend less time crunching numbers and use that data to make decisions to help you grow.
4. Get your head in the clouds Do you have business files and data spread across offices and computers? By consolidating everything into one place and using cloud storage like Google or Dropbox, you save time wasted searching for info and can access it from anywhere. You can even manage permissions so different team members have access to only what they need.
5. Join us in the 21st century After you get all your data loaded in the cloud, look at updating your company’s software and technology. If you’re using outdated POS software or equipment that is slow or fails, you could be wasting valuable time. Fortunately, there are dozens of free and affordable options that make this easy to do.
6. Make your space work for you Whether in your back office or at cash out, having everything needed to get a single job done in one place helps the task go smoother and faster. That might mean an initial investment in more equipment, but your newfound efficiency will pay off in the long run.
7. Don’t be afraid to automate From communications to billing and invoicing, is there an aspect of your business you can automate to save time? We’re not talking robots to offer your services, but administrative tasks that can be automated without sacrificing any part of your customers’ experience. Xendoo’s…. (not sure what services Xendoo offers in this area?) Don’t delay when it comes to making your business more efficient…the clock is ticking!
Here are seven time saving tips so you can spend more of your valuable time with customers and grow your business.